Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

It is a strange theme especially since i assume the man himself isn't appearing on the sunday show or is he going to mentor them???

When DS was running the story about Brian Friedman not knowing the theme they even ended the story with rumoured themes were Elton John and ****! week,the explaination mark obvioulsy meaning that it would seem outrageous and it is!!!

God i hope Lloyd sings that it would be worse than anything the twins have done! unless Cheryl does her whole it doesn't matter if he doesn't hit the high notes can't think of anything that would suit Lloyd this week!

Oh yeah just worked out what Olly will sing ive gotta have..................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Emmmooo wrote: »
    It is a strange theme especially since i assume the man himself isn't appearing on the sunday show or is he going to mentor them???

When DS was running the story about Brian Friedman not knowing the theme they even ended the story with rumoured themes were Elton John and ****! week,the explaination mark obvioulsy meaning that it would seem outrageous and it is!!!

God i hope Lloyd sings that it would be worse than anything the twins have done! unless Cheryl does her whole it doesn't matter if he doesn't hit the high notes can't think of anything that would suit Lloyd this week!

Oh yeah just worked out what Olly will sing ive gotta have..................

No hun ****! always had an exclamation mark (!) in their name, that was the name of the band! ....****!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think Mariah Carey's the mentor this week? So don't know HOW the theme relates to her at all!! It's a bit of a weird one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Haha was there n i thought it was ironic!!! I really am not with it this morning!!!

Dont think Mariah Carey is mentoring them in fact if i read right it said she recorded her appearance last week that can't be right surely!!! lots of controversy cos she pulled out of stricity rumours that Simon put a stop to her being in it.

Id doubt shes mentoring she did it last year and i remember it was hilarious 1 of the finalists i think it was Rachel not sure though could have actually been Alexandra gave her a big huge n Carey's face was like get off me you commoner i could catch something you're supposed to bow to me not touch me!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I was reading when Westlife and louis were turning on some lights in dublin Louis annouced that the song could be eitehr of the two mentioned, that it wasnt confirmed. But that its definately
    Wham
    week.
    *Try's to restrain self from asking, who on earth are wham??*

Also I can only imagine the little smiles on John and Edwards faces when this happend :)http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a187475/westlife-get-john--edward-autographs.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Worst theme ever! Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

No way it's Wham week

They're not havin George on as a mentor, and theres not enough Wham songs to go around TBH

Its just more midweek drama

With Mariah as the mentor is most likely Love Song week. Sure her new single she's pimpin is I wanna Know What Love Is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I think Mariah Carey's the mentor this week?...

IF she shows up on time! See http://tinyurl.com/yflyjh2

As for mentor - how? The woman is brain dead from the neck up!
    She is a complete brainless twat. Mentor! Don't make me laugh - she's another Jordan with a hired singing PR manager.

She was already a guest mentor last year biggins :p

She was already a guest mentor last year biggins :p
    O' lord!. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Actually I'd reckon this guy sings as well as Mariah Carey

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Prefer this version to Mariah!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Why is stuff coming up in astericks? Wham! - test

hmm.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's Wham and George Michael songs apparently, so plenty of material to go around. I reckon;

Jedward - I'm Your Man

Danyl - Careless Whisper

Olly - Freedom 90

Joe - I Can't Make You Love Me

Lloyd - Faith

Stacey - Jesus To A Child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Danyl - Careless Whisper

Vomit!
    Jedward - I'm Your Man

Vanila ice rap version. of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

When I saw "I'm your man" I thought it was Lennys version, if they pulled that off they would be forever remembered as xfactors greatest act.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,249 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Stacey - Jesus To A Child

no need for her to even walk so.

as f*cking usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,249 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Danyl - Careless Whisper

is simon trying to make him even more dislikeable with the public?

SlickRic wrote: »
    no need for her to even walk so.

as f*cking usual.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    is simon trying to make him even more dislikeable with the public?

Note these are just my predictions, not the actual song choices. :p I'd say Danyl might get Freedom too, him or Olly should be able to handle it. Can't see Dannii giving Stacey her first ever up tempo song on the week they are doing songs by one of the most natural performers ever to grace the stage! :D

I like it :) No gimmicks, just them singing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »

No hairgel either.

How they're going to maintain that hairstyle for the next few years is beyond me. Seems like so much work! :o
    And if they cut the hair, nothing will be the same.

It'll be like Jedward - without the hair.

No hairgel either.

How they're going to maintain that hairstyle for the next few years is beyond me. Seems like so much work! :o
    And if they cut the hair, nothing will be the same.

It'll be like Jedward - without the hair.
    I prefer it without the gel :P But heres two videos to answer any questions

This one watch it at 0.40
    :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

deise_girl wrote: »

Deise girl deise girl deise girl, open yer ears ya poor woman. The lads are brutal.
    With all the bad weather lately I hope someone splashes you as you walk past a puddle for liking them haha. :P

seanybiker wrote: »
    Deise girl deise girl deise girl, open yer ears ya poor woman. The lads are brutal.
    With all the bad weather lately I hope someone splashes you as you walk past a puddle for liking them haha. :P
    Lol Im sorry but I laughed at your "hope someone splashes you as you walk past a puddle for liking them" Very strong words indeed :rolleyes::pac:
    Ahh to be fair they sound much better there then when they are running around and they do sound half decent.. I dunno I'v been on the John and Edward bandwagon from the start so im not going to argue now. Imo none of them this year deserve to win, non off them are great singers, great personality, great stage presence combined. They're all lacking different things, J&E's just happens to be singing :o:p

Out of interest who do you want to win???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ohhh nooo please put spoiler tags when you know what song people are singing :(:(:(:(

I love this thread for all the chat about the show but I don't wanna know what people are singing.

In fairness to him, I've never even heard of that song.

Cathooo wrote: »
    Ohhh nooo please put spoiler tags when you know what song people are singing :(:(:(:(

I love this thread for all the chat about the show but I don't wanna know what people are singing.

No one knows what they're singing yet, LZ5by5 was just making a prediction :)

After last night's depression, we need Jedward to get through this week. COME ON IRELAND! :pac::pac:

According to a thread on Digital Spy, my
    Lloyd
    prediction was right,
    he's singing Faith
    . :p

EDIT LOL at the we broke boards tag, good on ya whoever it was. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

No one knows what they're singing yet, LZ5by5 was just making a prediction :)

After last night's depression, we need Jedward to get through this week. COME ON IRELAND! :pac::pac:

The theme wasn't spoilered, boo! I'll get over it :pac:

I reaaally want Jedward to get through too!!! I still don't have a winner in my head, Olly was a bit weak last Saturday, it really could be any of them to win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement