Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭jaffa20

It's was a crap show tonight (yes, that includes the infamous john and edward). Joe was the only one who stood out but he's a bit boring after a while. i'm getting a bit tired of love for jedward. it is only shared by those who thought they brought shame upon the irish at first but now only see it as a bit of craic. They only encourage the publicity that Simon Cowell wants for the show but will eventually leave and become these irritating twins who present childrens tv. They will never be on the radio, that's for sure. I don't really care who wins at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

janeybabe wrote: »
    Last week Danni said it was all about the voice last week and this week it's all about dreams coming true.

Make up your mind ffs. If it's the latter then Jedward deserve to be there, and that's not what she has been saying.

The performance last week was about the voice

The competition is about dreams coming through

Jedward dont deserve or need a record label. People wouldnt buy their album, they have to see them to laugh at them

Fingers crossed for Jedward + one of Simon's acts in the B2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

deise_girl wrote: »
    Are the 1515301105 votes being counted?? Voted 3 times but a euro ago.. Cant really vote more :/

I'd doubt they count. After all the "voting scandals" in the UK, the regulators there said they weren't allowed to take votes from outside the UK anymore....so stop wasting your money on that 1515 number.

FYI:
    Swiftcall has been contacted by (amongst others) ITV and the Owners & Makers of I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here and The X Factor with regard to our service. They have outlined their position on the service and indeed on voting from the Republic of Ireland in general and they have asked that we clarify that position to you.

Their position is that they are able to identify all calls made from the Republic of Ireland and they are able and indeed intend to discount the calls from the results of the votes as they breach the published voting terms & conditions.

They have declined to advise us of exactly how it is possible that they will identify these calls or how they will discount them from the final tallies.

As a result of this the irishvotes.com service has now been amended. Please note that the service as it now stands is a public poll service that will receive & count the voting preferences of the people of Ireland who wish to have their vote cast. We will publish regular updates on our site as voting progresses and these updates will indicate exactly how the Irish public is voting. Having counted your vote we will then try to pass your call to the UK voting lines as before but please note that we have no control over what happens to the votes once they are received on the appropriate lines

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hey all Reality TV addicts.:).Sorry if this has been mentioned before..sure it has at some stage..Reckon Olly,Joe and Stacey nailed on for the final..How can Jedward get in and at whos cost is my question?..Its all down to Cheryl Cole's Vote..Ollie def in with the London vote and Joe with the 12-18 girls txt votes so leaves one place..Lloyd goes tomorrow..then Jedward v Danyl bottom two nxt week..Obviously Louis keeps Jed,Cowell keeps Danyl,Danni obviously Danyl cos she hates the Jedwards..Cheryl Mmm..will she do Deadlock..we shall see..I Backed Jedward at 1000/1 to make final and Very worried!!:DServes Me right but hoping Bookies are Wrong:eek:

Tonight is the last night that the judges will get to vote on the final two. From next week onwards, it'd down to the public vote only.
    Are the 1515301105 votes being counted?? Voted 3 times but a euro ago.. Cant really vote more :/

I'm restricted from phoning this from a Meteor phone :( Even though they mightn't be counted, I still want to give it a shot!
    If this is true im going to cry :(
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/xfactor/view/109419/X-Factor-Twins-John-and-Edward-excluded-by-other-contestants-/
    It doesnt sound likely though and its daily star...

That link doesn't seem to be working anymore :confused:

Am I the only one STILL not seeing the Joe appeal?? I've said it before but he's got a bland personality, a generic voice and no stage presence whatsoever. He'd suit musicals but I don't think he'll get far in the music industry if he wins the show. I do admit he has a good voice, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Jedward stole the show last night as usual :D Worried for them tonight though :(

Olly has gone downhill the past two weeks, which disappoints me because I want him to win (if the twins don't of course!) I hope he picks it up next week.

Danyl...well I don't like him as a person, but I also don't like his voice. It has a horrible nasally sound to it and I don't like listening to him (or watching him for that matter) at all.

Stacey is REALLY getting on my nerves now, I don't know how people put up with her stupid personality. Her performances are boring, her singing is hit and miss.

I actually thought Lloyd was quite good last night!! One of his best performances! Still pretty mediocre though.

Very worried about tonight. Ideally, I'd love it to be between Stacey and someone, and for Stacey to go, just to piss Dannii off! Realistically, it could be Lloyd and Danyl....but I think there's a high chance Jedward's luck could finally have run out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Lads, Im preety nervous for jedward. Lloyd and his stupid haircut will prob be saved by the girlies at home :rolleyes:. And joe, olly and Stacey are preety much safe. So danyl and jedward for the bottom 2 maybe :(.

Just hoping that lloyd will be in the bottom 2 instead of jedward or if needs be, he'll be up against jedward. That way, they'll be safe and he'll have to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm still going to stick with a Jedward and Danyl/Stacey bottom two. Ironic thing is that I thought Jedward we're third best and that Danyl was second best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Lloyd has a great chance of bein safe tonight

His best performance so far, and the new look = more teeny bopper votes

Jedward GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Did anyone notice that when they did the recaps of all the contestants at the end of the show, the bit they showed in Jedward's performance was the bit of the performance when they weren't singing/rapping, it was just backing singers?? I thought that was really unfair. The camerawork during their song was shocking too. Has someone got it in for them this week?? :(

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm still going to stick with a Jedward and Danyl/Stacey bottom two. Ironic thing is that I thought Jedward we're third best and that Danyl was second best.

yea, i know what you mean.

Its like the apprentice if it had a voting line. The breffmeister would win because he's so popular and cool while the actualy good ones would leave :P.
    Back to xfactor, Im hoping god will do the right thing and magically save jedward! My heart cant do another week like that of 2 weeks ago when they were in the bottom 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Did anyone notice that when they did the recaps of all the contestants at the end of the show, the bit they showed in Jedward's performance was the bit of the performance when they weren't singing/rapping, it was just backing singers?? I thought that was really unfair. The camerawork during their song was shocking too. Has someone got it in for them this week?? :(

I think it works two ways; they either show bad parts of a performance in the recap or they show the best parts. It's hard to say what they were doing with Jedward last night, I think they were actually just showing the "best" part of the performance. It could well backfire though if people cop on to the fact that it was the backing singers that were doing most of the singing.
    yea, i know what you mean.

Its like the apprentice if it had a voting line. The breffmeister would win because he's so popular and cool while the actualy good ones would leave :P.
    Back to xfactor, Im hoping god will do the right thing and magically save jedward! My heart cant do another week like that of 2 weeks ago when they were in the bottom 2.

tbh I think they are gone if they are in the bottom two tonight. If we take the possibility of it being Stacey and Jedward, I can't see Cowell putting it to the public vote again especially because it will be Jedward's second time there and Stacey's first. If we take the possibility of it being Jedward and Danyl I can't see Dannii or Cheryl going with Jedward. I think your best chance is a bottom two with Lloyd, but he may well get the rebound vote again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,249 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tonight is the last night that the judges will get to vote on the final two. From next week onwards, it'd down to the public vote only.

no different than so far then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

SlickRic wrote: »
    mark my words, they would easily make the best album with Danyl. no question.

Even if that were true, what would be the point if nobody would buy it?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Just finished watching the Xtra Factor, love how innocent the twins are, they don't act 18 at all! Also love the way they're enjoying every minute of it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Oh sorry about the link they must have deleted the page or something. It was just about how none of the other contestants were speaking to John and Edward anymore.

This could easily be John and Edwards nights to go :(:(
    I don't know how I'd rate the performance tbh. Vocally it was alright but it was probably one of my least favourite (even out of bootcamp, auditions) They didnt have their spark, and it wasnt as catchy. I've listened to it 3 times and I just dont feel anything from it, its almost forgetful (as forgetful as J&E could be)

They could still be saved though.. Danyl hasnt been nliked in a long time and he only was in the bottom 2 once, maybe the twins Uk fans will be extra worried and multi vote each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'm hoping for a Lloyd and Danyl bottom two. I got my wish for a Lloyd and Jamie bottom two, so hopefully the same will happen this week. Lloyd just isnt good enough or entertaining enough. He's boring. I'm one of those people with a weird dislike for Danyl. Cant stick him. His vocals may be great, but I didnt think they suited Careless Whisper at all. It should be much softer than he sang it, and his treatment of it just didnt suit the song.

I thought Joe was phenomenal last night. He was the only one that pulled off his song really. Jedward are still my favourite, and I'd be devastated if they left, but there was something a bit less fun about them tonight.

Olly has been going down in my estimation for the last few weeks, and this week was no exception. He was poor. And I really wish he'd stop doing that stupid dance he does! Stacey was ok. Not as good as last week, but I do like her and dont think she's in any danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

The thing with Simon's acts is that his smugness appears to have rubbed off on them somewhat. And what annoys me with Olly is that Simon gave out about Lloyd doing that cartwheel (or whatever he did) in Fly Me to the Moon, let he gives Olly a dance break in every single song he does. Madness.

Even if that were true, what would be the point if nobody would buy it?! :rolleyes:

if it's the best album, that would mean he would be the most likely to sell a lot of records, and the most liley to have longetivity.

beanyb wrote: »
    I'm one of those people with a weird dislike for Danyl. Cant stick him. His vocals may be great, but I didnt think they suited Careless Whisper at all. It should be much softer than he sang it, and his treatment of it just didnt suit the song.

if he'd sang it softly, he'd have been accused of being unoriginal and trying to simply copy George Michael.

danyl can't win with the public.

because too many people have, as you put it, a 'weird dislike' for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

SlickRic wrote: »
    if it's the best album, that would mean he would be the most likely to sell a lot of records, and the most liley to have longetivity.

That's definitely not true. Good does not equal popular, and popular does not equal good.

I cant stick Danyl. I cant put my finger on why, but I really dislike him. I wouldnt buy an album he'd release, no matter how good it was. I dont dispute that he has a good voice, but he has serious difficulty connecting with the audience and that is a bigger obstacle to being a successful pop star than having a good voice is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I missed the show last night so am just watching it now on TV3. I didn't read the thread so maybe this was mentioned before, but was Stacey wearing a Leona wig?

• Advertisement

beanyb wrote: »
    I cant stick Danyl. I cant put my finger on why, but I really dislike him. I wouldnt buy an album he'd release, no matter how good it was. I dont dispute that he has a good voice, but he has serious difficulty connecting with the audience and that is a bigger obstacle to being a successful pop star than having a good voice is.

i honestly think people dislike him because;

1) he has got terrible press, only comparable with the twins.
    2) has been accused of 'cocky' performances when the likes of Ollie get away with being 'confident' by the judges.
    3) to a lesser extent, Cheryl's dislike of him. she accused Danyl of being off key (horsesh*t), yet completely glossed over Ollie's horrible vocal.

all these things prey on the mind.

it wouldn't matter if he was Mother Theresa, the public wouldn't take to him. it's their prerogative of course, but i think he's been shafted by the show and the press.

he connected in that first audition no? he has the ability, and has done numerous times this series for me. the 'weird dislike', fuelled by all these factors, has really helped shaft him with regards to the public.

Just after watching the replay of jedwards performance... Damn, i wanna go to a jedward concert now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Am I the only one STILL not seeing the Joe appeal?? I've said it before but he's got a bland personality, a generic voice and no stage presence whatsoever. He'd suit musicals but I don't think he'll get far in the music industry if he wins the show. I do admit he has a good voice, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Jedward stole the show last night as usual :D Worried for them tonight though :(

Olly has gone downhill the past two weeks, which disappoints me because I want him to win (if the twins don't of course!) I hope he picks it up next week.

Danyl...well I don't like him as a person, but I also don't like his voice. It has a horrible nasally sound to it and I don't like listening to him (or watching him for that matter) at all.

Stacey is REALLY getting on my nerves now, I don't know how people put up with her stupid personality. Her performances are boring, her singing is hit and miss.

I actually thought Lloyd was quite good last night!! One of his best performances! Still pretty mediocre though.

Very worried about tonight. Ideally, I'd love it to be between Stacey and someone, and for Stacey to go, just to piss Dannii off! Realistically, it could be Lloyd and Danyl....but I think there's a high chance Jedward's luck could finally have run out :(

+1 to almost everything!

I can't stand Joe. There's only one word for him and it's 'cheese'. He has zero sex appeal, comes across as overly goody-goody and boring. And his teeth freak me out so so much, I really really wish he'd put them away. He makes me feel quite queasy actually :o

Danyl I actually think is crap. He sings through his nose and on top of that sings in this bloody awful twang. I find no appeal in his voice whatsoever. And his mouth freaks me out. I also think he's trying too hard to come across as smiley and friendly the past few weeks (the manic smiling after he'd sang yesterday when Dermot was announcing the number to vote for him was so put on) and it just comes across as so fake.

Not mad on Stacey either. She's an ok singer but when she talks she comes across as nothing but retarded. Incredibly annoying. Everyone goes on about her amazing personality; I think she should only open her mouth to sing and shut up the rest of the time.

Olly: I never saw the attraction. And his dancing is horrific.

Lloyd, though he's not great I'm kind of glad he's still there coz he's sweet and he's about the only act almost as awful as John & Edward, and I need them to stay in :D

John & Edward, they're terrible but I love them. The show would be sh!te if they were to go.

Mr.S wrote: »

That's a feckin' joke!
    Irish people should be allowed vote, after all, there are Irish participants in the show ffs.. :mad:

That's a feckin' joke!
    Irish people should be allowed vote, after all, there are Irish participants in the show ffs.. :mad:

To be fair though, they didn't open the voting to Spain when Ruth Lorenzo was on it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭subtle_as

not sure if this was mentioned already cos there's a lot of pages each show but im just watching the replay of last night's show on tv now, when Dermot said to Louis that if he was worried about authicity during Joe's performance then he should have got up and sang Elton John's bit, was that a dig at Louis's sexuality? there's a few of us who think it was cos you always hear rumours about Louis being gay... or what did Dermot mean?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

But tbf Uk and Ireland are very similar in terms of music. The songs in the charts in Spain are almost(or fully) completely different to the charts in Uk Uk and Irelands top 40s are very, very similar. So the winner of the X Factor is most likely going to go number 1 in Ireland too. And can they even watch the X-F in Spain?? If we're going to be watching it live we should be able to vote, especially as its been a few years now Iirsh people have made the final 12..
    Anyway thats my rant done.

Was it just me or was Lloyd kinda okay tonight??

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its an English show, they're hardly going to let every participants country allowed vote?

Yeah but they own some of our country. You'd think they'd give us voting rights in return :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Was it just me or was Lloyd kinda okay tonight??
    Well, he was his best so far anyway. His best still being only "kinda okay" :)

• Advertisement

So ... predictions for tonight's bottom two.

What I want:
    Danyl and Ollie in the bottom two (partly just to see Simon's face! :D) and Danyl to go.

What I think:
    Danyl and Lloyd in the bottom two, and Danyl to go.

Basically I just want Danyl out of it!!!

I definitely think that Lloyd's chances will be badly affected by Joe's strong performance, as I'd imagine the teenage girls' votes are split between the two of them ... pity really, as last night wasn't Lloyd's worst by a long shot. He never had a hope of winning anyways though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement