Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Also. How irritating is the way Danyl spells his name?! Everyone on the show pronounces it "Daniel", but surely if he spells it that way it should be pronounced "Dan-ill"?

Everything about that idiot irritates me! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Also. How irritating is the way Danyl spells his name?! Everyone on the show pronounces it "Daniel", but surely if he spells it that way it should be pronounced "Dan-ill"?

Everything about that idiot irritates me! :mad:

He has a good voice but his personality, like Olly's is self absorbed it seems.

Anyway my predictions:

I think it'll be Lloyd and Danyl in the bottom two and if it goes to the public vote then Lloyd will scrape through.

If the judges are gonna vote, then it'll be Danyl who goes through.

He's clearly miles ahead of Lloyd.

That_Guy wrote: »
    He has a good voice but his personality, like Olly's is self absorbed it seems.

Anyway my predictions:

I think it'll be Lloyd and Danyl in the bottom two and if it goes to the public vote then Lloyd will scrape through.

If the judges are gonna vote, then it'll be Danyl who goes through.

He's clearly miles ahead of Lloyd.

I don't think so ... obviously Simon would vote for Danyl, and Cheryl for Lloyd. I'm pretty sure that Louis would vote for Lloyd, and Dani could go either way.

So basically unless the judges vote Lloyd through, I think it would go to deadlock. Can't see Dani and Louis both voting Danyl through.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,248 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So basically unless the judges vote Lloyd through, I think it would go to deadlock. Can't see Dani and Louis both voting Danyl through.

danyl v lloyd, lloyd goes for me.

i think danni will vote lloyd, barring a big swerve.

louis will vote lloyd; he's already said he thinks he's more 'boyband' material.

danyl versus any of the other likely bottom 2 and it'll be deadlock.

i reckon it'll be Jedward and Danyl (undeservedly). i can't call the public vote, but i think Danyl may go.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh dear. Danyl's mum isn't helping quell those stroppy rumours at all:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a188057/danyls-mum-simon-prefers-olly.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Oh dear. Danyl's mum isn't helping quell those stroppy rumours at all:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a188057/danyls-mum-simon-prefers-olly.html

"He feels he's not being given a fair chance and that Olly keeps getting more up-tempo songs.

eh WTF, he's the one throwing a strop that he couldn't sing songs like Careless Whisper. If he wanted to do uptempo songs, I bet he would be left.

He is acting like a spoilt brat - the twins have behaved way better, even though they have gotten worse abuse. He obviously does not have the temperment to be an international popstar, if he keeps storming out of practise. He can't handle the pressure.

I used to like him and yes he does have a good voice, but I've completely gone off him because of his behaviour and the way that he has become a one trick pony, and I'm pretty sure the judges are the same behind closed doors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I don't think so ... obviously Simon would vote for Danyl, and Cheryl for Lloyd. I'm pretty sure that Louis would vote for Lloyd, and Dani could go either way.

Dani goes either way? Must watch tonight!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I think it would be quite intresting if it was lloyd and Danyl in the bottom 2.
    I dont think louis would save Lloyd. He has been saying in most interviews if he was to predict who was going he'd say Lloyd and ast night he didnt sound to optimistic about him.
    I don't know who Dannii would go for but they have to take into consideration this would be his 3rd week, 2 in a row of bottom 2.

I'd love an intresting bottom 2 with Stacey or ollie in it, just to stir things up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Why is everyone saying that Louis would save Lloyd if he was in the bottom two?? He knows Lloyd can't sing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

jd007 wrote: »
    Why is everyone saying that Louis would save Lloyd if he was in the bottom two?? He knows Lloyd can't sing.....

he also knew that lloyd couldnt sing last week, didnt he?! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

yeah but he didn't like jamie at all so he saved lloyd-if it is between danyl and lloyd (which i wouldn't mind at all!) i'd say he'd save danyl-he's always saying he's the strongest singer and will be in the final three..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Why did Joe get a standing ovation from the judges?

True, I forgot that, but in fairness he despised Jamie!!

JP Liz wrote: »

Meh some amazing note that he pulled off apparently....:rolleyes:

Imo it wasn't joes best performance. Week 2 'Where do broken hearts go' was amazing, for me it was the best of this bad year...
    Can't believe its week 7 when we got our first real standing obation. Last year they started week 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

John and Edward to win :D:pac:.

JP Liz wrote: »

In my opinion, while it was a very good performance, it wasn't spectacular ... but it was by far the best of a bad lot!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

In my opinion, while it was a very good performance, it wasn't spectacular ... but it was by far the best of a bad lot!!!
    Hmmm i really thought Danyl was the best last night by far..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

For the many, many that missed it this evening, here is an interview with Mr Walsh before tonights show...

If one more person calls Jedward "17 year old kids"!!!!

THEY'RE 18 FFS!! GET IT RIGHT!!!!

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭kippy

In fairness, a George Michael/Wham week wasnt the best of ideas and just shows how far Cowell will go to make a buck.
    Its no coincidence that the best performance of the night wasnt even of an original GM/Wham tune and was in fact an Elton John song.
    An Elton John week would be far more entertaining that the glorfied ****e that was on last night.
    Joe is by far the best male singer in the competition, deserves to win it, as his performances have been the best, he seems like a nice guy and he has a lot of appeal to varying audiences.
    Jedward are just a joke, honestly, they are. Long camera shots to avoid the poor dancing, overloud backing to drown out the poor singing, completely pandering get the ratings in.
    Stacey is also a very good singer, but lets be honest, she is fair too dipsey to do well in this game, she'd never be savy enough to avoid getting ripped off.
    Ollie/Danly/Generic male singer.......not something we need more of......

Cowell, a legend, the ultimate and greatest winner in the whole thing.

Thanks Biggins :)

Hope Louis gets them out, I love their interviews!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

deise_girl wrote: »
    Thanks Biggins :)
    Hope Louis gets them out, I love their interviews!

Waiting to see. If he does I will upload it ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

kippy wrote: »
    In fairness, a George Michael/Wham week wasnt the best of ideas and just shows how far Cowell will go to make a buck.
    Its no coincidence that the best performance of the night wasnt even of an original GM/Wham tune and was in fact an Elton John song.
    An Elton John week would be far more entertaining that the glorfied ****e that was on last night.
    Joe is by far the best male singer in the competition, deserves to win it, as his performances have been the best, he seems like a nice guy and he has a lot of appeal to varying audiences.
    Jedward are just a joke, honestly, they are. Long camera shots to avoid the poor dancing, overloud backing to drown out the poor singing, completely pandering get the ratings in.
    Stacey is also a very good singer, but lets be honest, she is fair too dipsey to do well in this game, she'd never be savy enough to avoid getting ripped off.
    Ollie/Danly/Generic male singer.......not something we need more of......

Cowell, a legend, the ultimate and greatest winner in the whole thing.

Eh, George Michael/Wham have more than enough of quality material. It's not the material's fault if the remaining acts can't handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

still would really really wish , they would have a more current theme

I would kill for a "Songs that deise_girl has heard of" week
    I really think I could enjoy the X Factor that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭kippy

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Eh, George Michael/Wham have more than enough of quality material. It's not the material's fault if the remaining acts can't handle it.

I hate GM/Wham and believe their material to be extremely poor and not that good at all.
    Thats my opinion and I believe that opinion would be shared by the majority of people who watch X-Factor.
    Thats my personal view and I dont think the material transfers well to a show such as this.
    The acts did what they could with it. As I said, no coincidence the best performance was not of a GM/Wham song at all.

One thing that kills a lot of a factor acts, is them singing lesser known/less popular songs.

Cowell, no doubt would have a Foster and Allen week if they were about to launch a new album and he was tied in with it in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

LZ5by5 wrote: »

Agreed, the acts are just weak this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

kippy wrote: »

Cowell, no doubt would have a Foster and Allen week if they were about to launch a new album and he was tied in with it in some way.

To be fair, that would be pretty awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I had X Factor on at work last night and don't be fooled, it's not all teenage girls that watch the show. It's 40 something year old women watching it, and they love George Michael and Wham, as do I.. Was disappointed Danyl sang Careless Whisper, for one he was terrible and sounded the exact same as everything else, secondly I can't stand him and don't rate his voice at all.

If Joe doesn't win the show it won't matter, he's destined for big things, he's got great likability a great voice and it's only a matter of time before he's completely comfortable and nerve free on stage. Of all the acts on the show he's the only one I'd buy an album from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement