Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Yis are missing the point..its known hes gay..he changed the lyric to SHE to appease the broader public and thats what she was getting at..he said he was gay/bi in some interview..that was low and cowardly of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Again, he's bisexual, he gave an interview about it. No doubt though that the media will forget that they knew he was bi and will crucify Dannii for "outing" him.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Absolute cringe. Totally not PC. That poor guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

whoop whoop the xtra factor is on!
    i prefer this to the actual x factor!
    i heart holly!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Ann22 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if he's gay, stupid cow. I think the other judges are just jealous:mad:.

I think that's why she wondered about him changing the gender reference in the song. That's what she asked him wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

For me, I dont think it was the fact that she 'outed' him. It was the manner in which she did it!

FFS people don't turn this into a witch hunt of Dannii.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Already Danni and Cheryl have pissed me off this season - why make things personal, I thought it was about singing

Cheryl calling Kandy Rain up on wearing sexy outfits was hilarious - has she ever seen herself in a mirror

And Danni - I've no idea what world she lives in

Seriously, I thought this show was about vocal talent

she didnt out him!!!

Yis are missing the point..its known hes gay..he changed the lyric to SHE to appease the broader public and thats what she was getting at..he said he was gay/bi in some interview..that was low and cowardly of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The lyric goes 'he' and danyl(ugh) changed it to she even though hes gay..livin in fear like a dope
    a r s e h o l e

How many Elton John and George Michael songs do you know where they refer to 'he'??? We don't hear Will Young singing 'Ain't no sunshine when he's gone' do we? That's not a very fair comment. It's up to him when he goes public about his sexuality. He's a good looking lad. I'm sure he wants to appeal to the female voters too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Danni is such a bitch! :eek:

Louis looked seriously pissed off at her as well after she said it.

How many Elton John and George Michael songs do you know where they refer to 'he'??? We don't hear Will Young singing 'Ain't no sunshine when he's gone' do we? That's not a very fair comment. It's up to him when he goes public about his sexuality. He's a good looking lad. I'm sure he wants to appeal to the female voters too.

He already did go public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The point is that it was unbearable to watch, tbh. Thank Christ no-one's mentioned it on the Xtra Factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Are the results going to be sundays every week?

That sucks :mad:

Ann..again missing the point..he changed the lyric to she to appeal to the broader public..thats what danni was getting at!!
    cowardly of him given hes gay..that was her point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kkdoll

i didn't notice the word change, tbh would many people have if she hadn't of highlighted it? :confused:

Who cares about his sexual preferences anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ann..again missing the point..he changed the lyric to she to appeal to the broader public..thats what danni was getting at!!

It's his personal life. She had no business to bring it up like that.

And for the record, he's bi, so he goes either way, so changing the lyrics is kind of irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

Im sooo sooo ragin they got rid of the super hot american guy ....WTF we're they thinking....i wouldnt even need sound to enjoy the show !!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

it was just a stupid comment from Danni that backfired. He's bi - not gay. He can safely sing either lyric.

More importantly - the twins were really really ****ing crap. Bye bye to them thankfully. Joe surprised me - performance of the night. But Lucie - hell yeah :)

Admittedly Dannii has had a tendency to make jokes that fall flat, I'm not sure what she was thinking, she should have known that these kind of things have a tendency to backfire horribly. I still don't think she did anything wrong but from a spin point of view, she's ****ed up big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mazken

Did Danni look a lot more subdued on the xtra factor - really quiet and kinda teary eyed? or am I just imagining things?? :confused:

It's his personal life. She had no business to bring it up like that.

And for the record, he's bi, so he goes either way, so changing the lyrics is kind of irrelevant.

HE brought it up in the press this week..she was highlighting it was cowardly to make the song about a girl given the fact hes gay.

hes a dope. should go for an Oscar..the fake cryin bit would get him one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kkdoll

Kaka86 wrote: »
    Im sooo sooo ragin they got rid of the super hot american guy ....WTF we're they thinking....i wouldnt even need sound to enjoy the show !!!1

agreed, he should be there instead of that blond chap

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

HE brought it up in the press this week..she was highlighting it was cowardly to make the song about a girl given the fact hes gay.

But he's bi-sexual!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a singing competition :rolleyes:

I forgot that his sexuality was the key factor here.

It wasn't cowardly for god's sake. Will Young is gay and sings songs to women, Elton John sings to women, are they cowardly?

All Danni tried to do was make a smarmy "joke", and it backfired more than a 20 year old banger.
    She wasn't trying to make any point, at least not a relevant one.

I'm not missing the point, it was a daft thing to say. Again I say how many gay singers do you know that openly sing to their own gender? It appeals to more people to sing to the opposite sex. The women would sound silly if they sang to a 'she', it doesn't matter if they were all lesbians.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    He already did go public.

I said that because someone said she outed him. I still think it was petty of her to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

lol...ive just been thinking he's a girl since she said it ..as in had a sex change ha ...thank god for boards

BRING BACK THE HOT AMERICAN!!!!!!:D

I'm not missing the point, it was a daft thing to say. Again I say how many gay singers do you know that openly sing to their own gender? It appeals to more people to sing to the opposite sex. The women would sound silly if they sang to a 'she', it doesn't matter if they were all lesbians.

faior enough..why did he change the lyric to girl then???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

mazken wrote: »
    Did Danni look a lot more subdued on the xtra factor - really quiet and kinda teary eyed? or am I just imagining things?? :confused:

Yeah I thought so too, probably afraid she'd out someone else. Louis?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement