Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ann22 wrote: »
    I said that because someone said she outed him. I still think it was petty of her to say it.

As I said before, Dannii has a tendency to make jokes that fall flat. I don't think that there was any malice or venom in what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

faior enough..why did he change the lyric to girl then???

Who cares? What he says in the papers or what he does in his personal life is not for her to bring up on live televsion in such a bitchy way. I'm sure she regrets it now cos she is going to be crucified for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

her wikipedia has been terrorised and her twitter is being bombarded..she was right though about the point but wrong to say it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Oh Stacey...Answer the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ah leave Danni alone. There was no malice in what she said. At least she can remember the names of the contestants which is more that simon can do. I hate the way he stood up after each of his guys sang.

Stacey is my favourite so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

I agree. Simon won't know the names of his own acts in two years time

will any of us???

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Ah leave Danni alone. There was no malice in what she said. At least she can remember the names of the contestants which is more that simon can do. I hate the way he stood up after each of his guys sang.

Stacey is my favourite so far.

Yea i love stacey but worried i may actually hate her after awhile!!!
    She's such a fairy ha... lovin it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

her wikipedia has been terrorised and her twitter is being bombarded..she was right though about the point but wrong to say it
    Ah ffs, 'caused uproar with her homophobia comments'. Stupid? Yes. Displaying a dislike of homosexuals? Hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Actually, did anybody else lol at John and Edward calling Lucan a "small village" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I have no respect for either Cheryl or Danii after tonight. They've shown themselves to be the hypocritical, small-minded bitches they truly are.

Danyl's performance was by FAR the best of the night, but I guess it's a crime to actually be talented in a singing competition these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

phasers wrote: »
    Actually, did anybody else lol at John and Edward calling Lucan a "small village" ?
    The village is small, it is the other side of the road that is huge...

I dont like the twins but they should never have been put through...not their faults...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

The Irish Montage was cringe-worthy..afaik most people in the Institute hate them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The Irish Montage was cringe-worthy..afaik most people in the Institute hate them

and how do you know this like?? doubt mostpeople would hate them.

They seemed like decent lads up on stage after the performance. The show was edited just to make them look like lunatics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

John and Edward clearly got run out of their old school. And miss frank seemed to be really isolated from the group on the Xtra Factor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

When danni said what she sId I went. ... Dam I have to turn to boards... I was like this will be good.... And it is.... Who needs Twitter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

and how do you know this like?? doubt mostpeople would hate them.

They seemed like decent lads up on stage after the performance. The show was edited just to make them look like lunatics!

3 of my friends are in their school and 2 of them are in their year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

For me tonight the top performances were Danyl and Miss Frank. I was disappointed with Jamie Afro i think the backing singers and band were heard more than him until the end when he nailed it.

Rikki and Lloyd were disasters and i expected twat twins and kandy rain to be terrible and they were.

Has Louis had some work done to his face? He seemed to have had botox and if i remember correctly didnt he lay into Danni about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

If it is the case that Danyl is already out (as gay or bisexual) then it was legitimate to ask why he felt the need to change the gender pronouns, however the way in which she said it was problematic. She could have made this much more positive by saying 'isnt it about time that people didnt feel compelled to change pronouns just to appease people'? I don't think Rikki changed the pronouns, for example, when he sand Back to Black unless we misheard. However, she should be criticised for the way in which she asked the question but not necessarily for making the point in and of itself.
    Miss Frank were super, I thought
    Cheryl and Danni and the stuff about the outfits Kandy Rain were wearing was a bit cringe and again badly expressed
    Good quality overall tonight though. I suspect John & Edward will go tomorrow but they are dealing relatively well with the stick they're getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm just going to copy and paste my ratings from another forum...

1. Stacie - Loved her, very mature, beautiful voice, and cute as a button
    2. Jamie - screw it, I liked him!!
    3. Lucie - Beautiful voice, very pure and unforced
    4. Joe - I like his voice, again, unforced, but I have a feeling he will be very forgettable.
    5. Miss FRANK - Liked it, great song choice, but yer one ruined it at the end.
    6. Lloyd - Good, much better than I expected. Was a bit stiff, but he looks like he could improve.
    7. Ollie - Meh, he was alright...not brilliant, but not terrible.
    8. Rachel - Terrible song choice, didn't work at all.
    9. Danyl - Again, maybe not the best song choice, he looked very very nervous, and was clearly uncomfortable with the song.
    10. Kandy Rain - No harmony, and a clearly using their "sex appeal" for some wet dream votes
    11. Rikki - I actually cannot remember his performance at all...
    12. John and Edward - Unfortunately I do remember theirs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coco_15

That lil Joe boy is one Dark Horse!

Liked Stacey, Danyl, Jamie and Lucie!.....Those twins made me laugh though!

Kandy rain....useless and whats the story with the Dublin girls accent....weird?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Namlub wrote: »
    John and Edward clearly got run out of their old school.
    Where'd you get this rumour outta?

And Joe is not forgettable I know plenty of peeps to win. To be honest X factor you dont have to sing great to go far, semi far. Its survival of the fittest, entertaining and talented.

Bottom line if you dont have likeability you wont get through, if your likable but not the best singer it will get you so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

deise_girl wrote: »
    Where'd you get this rumour outta?

I know two people they went to school with in Lucan and unfortunately it's true. However crap and what not they are they don't deserve to bullied, no one does.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

tbh i think this is being blown all outta proportion.

She DID NOT out him, there is loads of newspaper articles about it over the last week, a quick google search will show you that

She was asking why he changed the lyrics of the song, considering what he had said in the paper earlier in the week. I mean he was saying how he likes Simon Cowell because he's "fiesty" in the Mirror ffs.

It was a joke that was picked up the wrong way. Now forget about it and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Memnoch wrote: »
    I have no respect for either Cheryl or Danii after tonight. They've shown themselves to be the hypocritical, small-minded bitches they truly are.

Danyl's performance was by FAR the best of the night, but I guess it's a crime to actually be talented in a singing competition these days.
    Bullsh;t

The only good thing abt Danyl's performance was the last note, the rest was bland

And Cheryl gave him good advice sayin to not be too cocky, which he is, REALLY cocky! as this would put more people off him. Danni's comment was uncalled for, but it more aimed at Simon. He always tries to make his guys act as straight as possible, when he knows well they're not
    And Danyl himself told all that to the papers

As for Kandy Rain, Danni and Cheryl made a good point, it wasnt just about what they were wearin. They were accused of bein hooers, then denied it sayin they were decent, then they dressed like hooers, they made a show / contradiction of themselves

Bumboy twins gotta go, they're a sham! Cant believe they got in over Miss Fitz, what happened to them????

Liked Stacey's song, but wanna hear her singin a bigger one, hopefully a good Whitney next week, or else Big Band week

I think Lucy was good, but coulda done a lot more with that song

Noones standing out at the moment though, so hafta wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

Here's what I thoughy of last nights show:

Stacey: Poor performance and way too annoying.
    Rachel: Not bad but that top she was wearing was horrid.
    Lucie: Good vocals but no 'x-factor'

Jamie: Wow, brilliant, at least he didn't just stand in the middle of the stage and look like a waxwork like some other contestants
    Danyl: Danni's comments were out of line but i don't like him, way too cocky and didn't like his performance
    Olly: Nothing exciting or amazing

Rikki: What was he wearing? Not a great performance...
    Lloyd: Cute but nervous, not bad hopefully will get better
    Joe: Bit of a wet performance but very good looking

Miss Frank: Didn't like them at bootcamp or judges houses but not bad tonight at all, the best of the groups nearly
    Kandy Rain: Dressed totally wrong if they want to forget about their past, not great vocally
    John & Edward: Can't sing but at least they put on a perfomance - hope they get to stay in for a few weeks

Cheryl and Danni weren't being bitchy about Kandy Rain - its a fair point, they say they want to forget their past and come out on the 1st night looking like hookers, Cheryl might dress sexily but at least she doesn't come out with everything on show. There is a differnece!

Pity the results show is on Sunday - have to wait nearly 24 hours and have to sit through an hour of it!!!

So Stephen Gately's dead..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So Stephen Gately's dead..

Very sad, but I won't be surprised if Louis uses this tonight in an "emotional" outburst against Dannii.

will he go on? i really don't thik he will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

I don't think anyone could blame him either, he is probably devestated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement