Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

deise_girl wrote: »
    How am I meant to get through the week without seeing John and Edwards video diaries, performances and just seeing these innocent faces

Take up a hobby?

Viewers will certainly dip next week. I wonder what will emerge in the press this week about the contestants - I'm sure the producers and Simon are right now examining a strategy to boost publicity for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,248 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lloyd makes me want to do bad things.

so useless, he makes me want to cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Im so curious as to what would have happened if it went to deadlock!...
    as much as i LOVE john and edward, Olly did deserve to stay in over them..... LLoyd on the other hand .. grr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I wouldnt rule it out.

can i join you?

ateam wrote: »
    I disagree. Lloyd has the looks, the voice can be rearranged in a studio with a computer - he'll go far.
    really dont think so... he just cant preform, like last week when he was given a dance routine.. what did he do?? he walked in and around the girls like they were traffic cones!! he has no stage presence at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Don't the final 5 have to sign a contract which limits them from doing things which outshine the winner? Or maybe I'm mistaken? If that's the case though, then the sky's the limit for Jedward. Hollywood here they come! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Shame to see the lads voted off - I hated them at the start but they won me over as the weeks went on. Their last singoff performance was shockingly bad though, in fairness.Very disappointed with Olly's singoff performance - he should have done something more upbeat. That song was too big for him.
    Why the hell are people still voting for Danyl? :confused: He gives the same fcuking performance every single week! :mad: I'd actually like Lloyd to go further than him now; he's bad but at least he's improved slightly over the past few weeks.

Stacey > Joe > Olly > Lloyd > Danyl

I agree with you re Danyl and lloyd. To be honest I reckon Danyl doesn't stand a chance if he gets into the bottom two. Did you see Louis' face when Danyl got called back? He was disgusted. Cheryl obviously doesn't rate him either and I don't think Danni likes him either. If he gets into the bottom two next week he's gone even if he's up against Lloyd. Like you said the Louis, Cheryl and Dannii can argue that Danyl does the same thing every week, whereas Lloyd has tested himself week after week and is (somewhat) improving. Also Louis can do his whole 'the young girls love him and they need someone since John and Edward are gone" about Lloyd!!
    :D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

ateam wrote: »
    Take up a hobby?

Viewers will certainly dip next week. I wonder what will emerge in the press this week about the contestants - I'm sure the producers and Simon are right now examining a strategy to boost publicity for the show.
    Yeh I dunno what im going to do next week. Probably still watch but I wont go out of my way too..
    can i join you?
    Yeh sure we can split the costs that way, heard it can be expensive. Wanna come to Lucan with me too?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Oh also:

Cheryl clearly doesn't have control of her own vote, not that I'm surprised.

And it was really really wrong to let that sow Kylie's sister have the last vote/word on Edward and John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If it's a singing competition, surely it shouldn't be judged by someone who's famous for having a famous sister?

Desperate, really. She should have just gave her vote and shut up, noone is watching to see Kylie Minogue's sister and if people were to vote on the judges, she can be sure she'd be gone in a shot. Such pathetic, petty little comments before her vote. Oh well, at least I guess there's a solid reason that she's the least paid out of all the judges, and probably a host of other people associated with the show.

Sad to see Jedward go, in doing so they've relegated Xfactor from being the feature of Saturday night TV, to what to watch when there's nothing else on. All that is left is a bunch of bland singers who will, undoubtedly, make the rest of the Xfactor unremarkable. Was sickened to hear further boo-ing from the audience before their last song too, but then, they managed to bring the most sad, pathetic excuses for "adults" to the forefront of late with their disgusting remarks and behaviour, including those who posted here wishing them dead.

It'll take something extreme for Simon to pull the figures he has been now that the lads are gone. Stand by for the first Xfactor in-house gang bang!

• Advertisement

Olly is a pub singer/karaoke singer - that type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It was more a did at Simon than Jedward I thought. It was a bit thoughtless of her but alas, Simon didn't spare a thought for Lucie and Rachel. :)

I also love the irony of people directing their anger at Lloyd because he's ****, yet I as well as others got drowned out on here for directing our frustration at Jedward after Lucie went. Not a nice feeling eh? :)

Jedward were in the bottom two with Lucie. They won by the skin of their teeth. Llloyd could have topped the poll for all you know. It's not the twins fault that Lucie went. She WASN'T voted for. Her so called fans can shut up complaining. Jedward wouldn't have been in bottom 2 tonight if the Irish could have voted. I guarantee that. I couldn't vote to save them so I have a right to feel a bit cheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

First, Breffny in the Apprentice and now Jedward.
    I have no reason to watch TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Holy f*ck, 140 people reading this forum right now including 85 guests.

"John and edward eliminated?Quick!To the Internet!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭kippy

First, Breffny in the Apprentice and now Jedward.
    I have no reason to watch TV.

You forgot that whole Henry incident as well.

Anyone else find the way Cheryl whispers to Simon every now and then quite rude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

It's gonna be Snore-Factor from now on. The rest of the acts are so shít I wanna cry.

The fun is gone from tv this week
    What do I change my sig to now??? :confused::(
    I can imagine the slagging in school tomorrow :(

tbh Danni snips at much as the other judges, yet she gets all the stick here... she is the only judge bar Simon that give some sort of decent feedback every week to the singers
    all cheryl does is comment on apperance, and Louis on his Rule book, least she give advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Holly making two mistakes.
    Earlier said John and Edward were in the bottom 2 3 times and now said Stacey is the only not in the bottom 2 :confused:

Wow - thats bad! I cant see xtra factor yet.

I'm amazed at how little Joe features from week to week. I didn't rate him until last night. He's never done a bad performance but he was like the contestant I always forgot about. I normally hate the ballads but I was really impressed with Joe last night and I think he's kind of cool, the way he just does the job and always seems in good form and laughing.

Until last night I thought Ollie was the best (after Jedward of course) but Ollie has been awful the last two weeks so I'm backing Joe now.

I love the way he's been a real dark horse the whole way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 upthewalls

in a few weeks time another "Cowell Clone" will be released.
    I loved Jedward. but the show is so predictable, If Stacey wins she will compete with Leona & Alexandra, and iF Olly wins he has the likes of Shane Ward and Will Young to contend with.
    I liked the twins i actually looked forward in seeing them every week, they were different on sooo many levels. Have to say I'm done watching the show now..be Xtravision every Sat/Sun nite for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

For the Wild Horses fans, check out the Mazzy Star version also :) Gorgeous song...

Joe has to win the show now that my favourites are gone. Cant stand the rest of them...

Wouldnt it be cool id no one could win? Don't think any deserve too, last years crop were more talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Rb wrote: »
    If it's a singing competition, surely it shouldn't be judged by someone who's famous for having a famous sister?

Desperate, really. She should have just gave her vote and shut up, noone is watching to see Kylie Minogue's sister and if people were to vote on the judges, she can be sure she'd be gone in a shot. Such pathetic, petty little comments before her vote. Oh well, at least I guess there's a solid reason that she's the least paid out of all the judges, and probably a host of other people associated with the show.

Don't let your passport get in the way of a good rant. Dannii Minogue is consistently voted by the fans of the show to be the best judge on the show. She is always honest and always constructive in the advice she gives.

Was she thoughtless tonight? Perhaps, but no less thoughtless than Simon is when he has the deciding vote and smugly leaves young contestants stewing. So again, I reckon you are thinking with that passport of yours and are possibly being slightly sexist. It's okay for Simon to be a wanker, it's okay for Louis to outright insult acts like he did with Lloyd tonight but how dare Dannii act the bollox.
    Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Jedward were in the bottom two with Lucie. They won by the skin of their teeth. Llloyd could have topped the poll for all you know. It's not the twins fault that Lucie went. She WASN'T voted for. Her so called fans can shut up complaining. Jedward wouldn't have been in bottom 2 tonight if the Irish could have voted. I guarantee that. I couldn't vote to save them so I have a right to feel a bit cheated.

lol I'll shut up complaining when all the Jedward fans show a bit of dignity and accept that for them to reach as far as Week 7 was an amazing feat. Be happy with what you got tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

The two ponces shot themselves in the foot by choosing a song in the sing off that requires you to be able to sing which they can't. They were so out of tune I was embarrassed for them. They should have gone with something that would allow them to jump all over the place and disguise the fact that haven't a note in their heads. LLoyd and Danyl will go over the next two weeks imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭thegoodlife

:DThank god John and Edward are gone!

Squiggle wrote: »
    The two ponces shot themselves in the foot by choosing a song in the sing off that requires you to be able to sing which they can't. They were so out of tune I was embarrassed for them. They should have gone with something that would allow them to jump all over the place and disguise the fact that haven't a note in their heads. LLoyd and Danyl will go over the next two weeks imo.
    they were never going to win over Ollie anywayd, and to be fair they sang well, way better than somebody else thats still in the competition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

i demand a recount!

eh can't imagine they chose that song now in fairness

• Advertisement

Im curious as to how boring next weeks show will be?? Im gonna tune in for joes performance because i think he's the only one worth a watch at this stage.... God, im sucha bitter bitch at the moment but who cares, im in mourning! :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement