Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Report on sky news now.
    Edit; was.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mariah sCarey disgusts me on every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Me thinks the show sponsores and advertiser on't be too pleased that the ONE act that was really pulling in viewere is now gon. I reckon viewership will suffer here, and I can see why. The rest in left are just not worth staying in for.

Stacy? Retarded and extremely boring
    Joe? Good singer, too cheesy and nothing exciting
    Olly? Overrated
    Danyl? See above
    Lloyd? Need I say anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Mariah sCarey disgusts me on every level.

What did she do now?

walshb wrote: »
    Stacy? Retarded

You stay classy mate. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Stupid peoples panel!!!! wat ar$eholes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What did she do now?

Generally, I find her off putting in all ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Stacy? Retarded

I like the girl but she's at least one eighth retarded imo....Maybe two.....

I don't mean it in that way. She is just so bland and irritating. Nothing endearing about here when she talks, it's rather embarrassing really.

As a singer, she can sing, but zero stage presence or personality

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Tone deaf twits in the people panel.

Eh...Joe wasn't in the people's panel either?!

Wasn't he?!!!:confused:

• Advertisement

Are they those Pop Idol dudes? :eek: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Are these people on the public panel thingy left overs from Jeremy kyle show?

Are they those Pop Idol dudes? :eek: :confused:

Yes, the guy with the tie lost to Michelle McManus in the final a few yrs ago

I can see another ridiculous performance from Danyl next week....

They have a double act coming back, the night the double act is out.

CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,248 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

foxy06 wrote: »
    Danyl...first audition was amazing....what happened???

the other 3 judges happened. and i was delighted Simon picked up on a bit of this on Xtra Factor.

they told the public he was 'cocky', a lot of the public believed them, so now you have what's in front of you because if he does what he did at the start, he gets labelled as 'cocky'. pathetic.

i've said this a few times, but Olly gets all the leeway in the world, but Danyl gets shot down on any minor thing the judges can find. watch.

Olly's 'confident' and 'owns the stage'. Danyl is just 'arrogant' and 'cocky'.

Cheryl was a disgrace last night with her judging; telling us all Danyl was off key when he wasn't even close, then bypassing Olly's pathetic vocal and just saying something boring and generic saying how great he is and that 'there's something about him'.

her and Danni are nasty pieces of work.

i was just f*cking delighted that the public saw through Olly's poor performance, showed they're not deaf, and kept Danyl in with his far superior performance.

I don't mean it in that way. She is just so bland and irritating. Nothing endearing about here when she talks, it's rather embarrassing really.

As a singer, she can sing, but zero stage presence or personality

Why didn't you just say she has no personality and is irritating instead of calling her retarded so? :confused:
    Yes, the guy with the tie lost to Michelle McManus in the final a few yrs ago

WTF are they still doing around? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Dani had her chance to payback simon for getting rid of her act a few weeks ago in favour of the boys.But all she kept saying was: "is this a singing competition?" Simon had made it blatantly obvious it no longer was when he chose the buys over that Welsh girl. He said it himself.

I know thats not the way it should work, but simon did it on the basis of who he would rather see again that night.
    If any of the judges had done it on that basis tonight, it would have undoubtedly been Olly packing his bags :pac:

I was sad to see the boys go. I hated them a few weeks ago, but, like many, they grew on me. I predict they are going to make much more money than the winner of this years X-Factor (not singing lol)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im trying to think who I want to come where now...
    Think I want Joe to do well, always kinda liked him. Stacey if she was god friends with John and Edward after that they can all go next week.

J&E were asked what they wanted to do after this and typical them they didnt really anwser the question They want to "follow their dreams" Bless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cleveroli

Why is EVERYONE so surprised that Olly was in the bottom two? Judges, Xtra Factor callers, audience? Are they actually deaf?

Totally agree

They have a double act coming back,]

Who??

• Advertisement

Why didn't you just say she has no personality and is irritating instead of calling her retarded so? :confused:

Because that's too many words. The one word gets straight to the point.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

SlickRic wrote: »

Cheryl was a disgrace last night with her judging; telling us all Danyl was off key when he wasn't even close

I don't like Cheryl but if you watch it back you'll clearly hear that Danyl was off key in his song. At the start for sure.

Because that's too many words. The one word gets straight to the point.:)

But it doesn't accurately portray what you actually meant. ;) You did a disservice to yourself chief. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Wouldn't the fact that they are getting No.1's in the singles and albums chart mean that they are not forgettable? :confused: Look it's not my personal taste in music either but if they are doing well then that means a significant amount of people do not find them forgettable.

Now if you said Steve Brookstein or Leon Jackson, then you would be spot on.

:rolleyes:

Listen to the songs that are used on X factor every week. They are mostly classics from a broad genre.

Do you think if there is an X factor type show in 30 or 40 years they will be singing anything by an X Factor pop singer?? Therefore they are irrelevant and forgetable.

The singles/album chart is rubbish. A classic album that might have never made it to number 1 but has consistently sold millions over a period of say 10, 20, 30 years is better than some retarded rapper (with a chipmunk in the background that is on a ringtone ad) and makes it to number 1.

I'm sorry but I just can't respect the opinion of any one who takes the X Factor seriously as a singing competition. Also I wish the judges would stfu calling the acts "artists". They're pop stars. It's a waste of any real talent found on the show to just be a manufactured puppet for the masses. :(

But it doesn't accurately portray what you actually meant. ;) You did a disservice to yourself chief. :p

I'm not a bad person, really. Somtimes these words just sorta come out
    But, I know what you mean.:)

Bridgette is genuinely freaking me out. :eek:

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    It's a waste of any real talent found on the show to just be a manufactured puppet for the masses. :(

They must be good artists if people buy there songs.

These 'masses' arent hypnotized into liking it, it sounds good!

Also, what would the judges prefer, an act that will sell a lot slowly over the next few decades, or one which which show explosively high sales in the next few years,and then reach saturation relatively quickly?
    Its all about cashflow;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Wouldn't the fact that they are getting No.1's in the singles and albums chart mean that they are not forgettable?
    No...

Just because a lot of people buy McDonald's food and enjoy it while they're eating it doesn't mean that they're going to remember it for years as a fantastic meal or hold McDonald's in high regard as a fine restaurant.

stainluss wrote: »
    Who??

2 rejects from the auditions.

• Advertisement

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Listen to the songs that are used on X factor every week. They are mostly classics from a broad genre.

You mean like every contest like this whether it be American Idol or The X Factor? :confused: That's not what I was referring too anyway;

When they have been put out into the big bad world with original material the fact is that the likes of JLS, Leona and Alexandra have swam instead of sinking.
    Do you think if there is an X factor type show in 30 or 40 years they will be singing anything by an X Factor pop singer?? Therefore they are irrelevant and forgetable.

I don't see why people won't be singing anything from Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke. Kelly Clarkson too. Oh and Carrie Underwood. All artists from singing competitions who have established themselves as creditable artists and beyond their origin in reality TV.
    The singles/album chart is rubbish. A classic album that might have never made it to number 1 but has consistently sold millions over a period of say 10, 20, 30 years is better than some retarded rapper (with a chipmunk in the background that is on a ringtone ad) and makes it to number 1

That's you though. Fact is that people who do buy current music are buying the material from "X Factor" artists in droves. There is nothing set in stone that says X Factor promises success. Leon Jackson proved that. Thus, when it comes right down to it you need something more that makes you appealing to people who buy music, and the likes of Alexandra and Leona have done that.
    I'm sorry but I just can't respect the opinion of any one who takes the X Factor seriously as a singing competition. Also I wish the judges would stfu calling the acts "artists". They're pop stars. It's a waste of any real talent found on the show to just be a manufactured puppet for the masses. :(

Nice one for the back handed insult. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement