Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I like the fashion lady :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

stainluss wrote: »
    They must be good artists if people buy there songs.

These 'masses' arent hypnotized into liking it, it sounds good!

Also, what would the judges prefer, an act that will sell a lot slowly over the next few decades, or one which which show explosively high sales in the next few years,and then reach saturation relatively quickly?
    Its all about cashflow;)

I think the whole X Factor/ American Idol/ BGT franchise is sick. Just the easiest mass surveypossible to line Simon Cowell's pockets. He sits there like a tin God with his team of idiotic bimbos (Louis excluded).

Talking about raising money for Great Ormond St children's hospital tonight and he earns £150 million a year from taking advantage of youngsters with a dream to be a *pop star*. You want to sing, go and sing but this show cheapens music to just another industry. I hate celebrity culture in general.

At least John and Edward showed the competition for what it should be just entertainment. But god did they pay for entering that competition. Luckily they're thick skinned. I feel bad for supporting them because I think I'm adding to the media frenzy.. Argument for another day I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I think the whole X Factor/ American Idol/ BGT franchise is sick. Just the easiest mass surveypossible to line Simon Cowell's pockets. He sits there like a tin God with his team of idiotic bimbos (Louis excluded).

Talking about raising money for Great Ormond St children's hospital tonight and he earns £150 million a year from taking advantage of youngsters with a dream to be a *pop star*. You want to sing, go and sing but this show cheapens music to just another industry. I hate celebrity culture in general.

At least John and Edward showed the competition for what it should be just entertainment. But god did they pay for entering that competition. Luckily they're thick skinned. I feel bad for supporting them because I think I'm adding to the media frenzy.. Argument for another day I guess.

+1

Couldn't agree with you more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You mean like every contest like this whether it be American Idol or The X Factor? :confused: That's not what I was referring too anyway;

Nice one for the back handed insult. :rolleyes:

Whatevs. Don't care. Pop music = crap.

Exception is Kelly Clarkson. She's decent because she went against the grain and did her own rock album (My December), writing honest heartfelt songs and took the risk to make real music even if it didn't sell. Turned her back on the cookie cutter image American Idol created for her. I love her for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,247 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LadyJ wrote: »
    I don't like Cheryl but if you watch it back you'll clearly hear that Danyl was off key in his song. At the start for sure.

ok say he was for a few seconds at the start, which is what it was at most...how do you explain her ignorance of Olly's vocal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

SlickRic wrote: »
    ok say he was for a few seconds at the start, which is what it was at most...how do you explain her ignorance of Olly's vocal?

Don't look at me, I hate Olly as well. And Danyl was off in a few parts throughout, not just the start. It was just most prominant in the beginning.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lol at Louis plugging their management company! they came across as arrogent pricks, but they were playing to the camera. They are just two genuine young fellas - no BS, and they thanked everyone that helped them along the way. In fairness, they put a huge amount of effort into it, working 12 hours a day sometimes, and they did improve as time went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Jedward and xfactor are no longer. Wonder how long it will take for them to release a single?? Or go on their own tour? Because Im really hoping that it will be soon :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Why didn't you just say she has no personality and is irritating instead of calling her retarded so? :confused:

WTF are they still doing around? :D
    They do kids tv on BBC ... actually really funny

>.>

<.<

not that I'd know, seeing as im 22 and all :P!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Do yee think the rateings will go down?? I know alot of people are saying they're going to stop watching but when it comes to it I wonder will we...

I want to watch all the videos again but im worried its going to set me off :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Started off as a Jedward hater but soon converted. In a very poor year for xfactor they helped make it a lot more entertaining. Like them or hate them everyone was waiting for their performance each week. It's hardly fair that Llyod the lemming is still on and hasn't a note in his head:O Probably won't be watching it as much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »
    Do yee think the rateings will go down?? I know alot of people are saying they're going to stop watching but when it comes to it I wonder will we...

I want to watch all the videos again but im worried its going to set me off :/

im not... Gonna tune in for joe and thats it. I hope he goes all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

JEDWARD ARE GONE, GOOD RIDDANCE.

THEY WERE FAR TOO GOOD FOR THAT SHOW ANYWAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

oh my jedlord:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I think lasting to this week was longest they were ever going to last. The hype surrounding them had severely abated and their terrible performances were no longer shocking anybody, people just became used them being sh1t and theres only so long you can listen to sh1t.

I've never ever gotten the appeal in them, they are not likable, cant sing and are worse at dancing then singing...never should have gotten into the show but hey, it was not them that decided that so keeping that in mind every week I said as long as they are not voted off then fair play to them.

Thank christ they're gone though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a188095/john--edward-voted-off-the-x-factor.html
    I don't know of any other act that got a standing ovation, when leaving. That was quite good of them... Least they deserved though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

:(

What Will I do without em

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

deise_girl wrote: »
    Do yee think the rateings will go down?? /

Not likely as it's down to the final few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 glow

soooo gonna miss these guys... they ARE the definition of entertainment... and the sole reason i invested in the live tour tickets.... a sad day for JEd fans...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I want to kick Dannii in the head. She is an utter spanner. Her comments about everything make me cringe so badly.

[paraphrasing]

"is this a singing contest or an entertainment contest"

"all the acts should rap next week" (said about 100 times in an hour.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Maybe now that Jedward are gone (:() she'll shut the fúck up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

SWEET HOLY BEJAYSIS, DER GONE! :D

Woohoooooooooooo

Stacey, Joe & Olly for the final!

G'wan the Danni! Say what you like haters, she's the only credible judge!
    Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I think the whole X Factor/ American Idol/ BGT franchise is sick. Just the easiest mass surveypossible to line Simon Cowell's pockets. He sits there like a tin God with his team of idiotic bimbos (Louis excluded)
    Talking about raising money for Great Ormond St children's hospital tonight and he earns £150 million a year from taking advantage of youngsters with a dream to be a *pop star*[/quote]
    He's a businessman. You can't slam him for bein successful. Regardless of how much her makes, it's still a HUGE amount of money donated to the childrens hospital. And the acts get good publicity, with a chance of a contract, then most will make a good bit on the tour
    The only's ones who were taken advantage of were Jedward
    You want to sing, go and sing but this show cheapens music to just another industry. I hate celebrity culture in general
    How does the show cheapen music? People buy music because they like it, its that simple. Leon was crap so noone bought his album. Many great artists have come from these shows: Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, Will Young, David Cook, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, and loads of others have had decent careers. It can be a good platform for people who havent been able to get a chance. Some amazing artists gig and promo all their lives and get no break.
    It's like saying someone with financial problems shouldnt do the lotto and win
    At least John and Edward showed the competition for what it should be just entertainment
    I really wish people would stop sayin this!
    It IS a singing competition! You compete by singing, and the prize is soley for a singing act
    And Jedward never entered as entertainers, they entered as genuine singers, who everyone laughed at at the start.
    So the producers took advantage of them
    But god did they pay for entering that competition. Luckily they're thick skinned. I feel bad for supporting them because I think I'm adding to the media frenzy.. Argument for another day I guess.
    Another reason they shouldnt have gone through
    The judges took advantage of them, with possible serious consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The show has gone downhill now with Jedward gone ratings will also go down

Olly's survival song was weak he was terrible and I like Olly

Stacey, Olly and Lloyd now for the final hope Joe and Danyl both go next week or week after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

JP Liz wrote: »
    The show has gone downhill now with Jedward gone ratings will also go down
    Doubt it

Everyone will say "That's it, im not watchin it without Jedward" as if they'll make a difference

Ratings get higher towards the end, and im sure everyone who says they wont watch will still watch

The show is just an advertising entity now

I really hope they go back to the old format next year

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

unreggd wrote: »
    Doubt it

Everyone will say "That's it, im not watchin it without Jedward" as if they'll make a difference

Ratings get higher towards the end, and im sure everyone who says they wont watch will still watch

The show is just an advertising entity now

I really hope they go back to the old format next year

They will still get high numbers, but not to the level of Jedward. I won't be too fussed to be honest. I just see all the other acts as pure predictable. Nothing new, or nothing different I expect from them. At least with Jedward, you had anticipation, fun, excitement and energy. That's gone now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

walshb wrote: »
    They will still get high numbers, but not to the level of Jedward. I won't be too fussed to be honest. I just see all the other acts as pure predictable. Nothing new, or nothing different I expect from them. At least with Jedward, you had anticipation, fun, excitement and energy. That's gone now!
    Well that's just it, the rest are so bland. Oh, what's Lloyd going to do tonight? Something zany and entertaining? No, he's going to sing some song that he can't handle, skip the high notes and gaze into Cheryl Cole's eyes. Perhaps Stacey might do something OTT?!!!?No, no she won't, she'll sing well and then talk like Del Boy Trotter after a lobotomy. etc etc.

At the end of the day, there's no real reason to watch it any further unless, again, something insane happens. Otherwise it will end up with a relatively talented yet bland "star" who goes on to release one album, Cowell drops him and we never hear of him again.

The lads brought excitement and competition to the show, everyone else had to work harder to account for the fact that they were up against this hugely orchestrated stage show driven by two lunatics who are just out for a laugh and who could, and did, easily make them look like the bland pub singers they are.

Unfortunately, the only reasonably marketable person left in the competition is Danyl. The rest don't stand a chance outside the show. Except for Joe and theater obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rb wrote: »
    Well that's just it, the rest are so bland. Oh, what's Lloyd going to do tonight? Something zany and entertaining? No, he's going to sing some song that he can't handle, skip the high notes and gaze into Cheryl Cole's eyes. Perhaps Stacey might do something OTT?!!!?No, no she won't, she'll sing well and then talk like Del Boy Trotter after a lobotomy. etc etc.

At the end of the day, there's no real reason to watch it any further unless, again, something insane happens. Otherwise it will end up with a relatively talented yet bland "star" who goes on to release one album, Cowell drops him and we never hear of him again.

The lads brought excitement and competition to the show, everyone else had to work harder to account for the fact that they were up against this hugely orchestrated stage show driven by two lunatics who are just out for a laugh and who could, and did, easily make them look like the bland pub singers they are.

Unfortunately, the only reasonably marketable person left in the competition is Danyl. The rest don't stand a chance outside the show. Except for Joe and theater obviously.

I tried to say it, but you really said it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

unreggd wrote: »
    Many great artists have come from these shows: Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, Will Young, David Cook, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, and loads of others have had decent careers.
    /tears of laughter

Seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

I've just been thinking about this, and I wonder if John and Edward will make an appearance on the LL Toy Show on Friday. Can you imagine how they'd react?? They were excited to be on GMTV and This Morning, so imagine the Toy Show! How great would that be?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

neil2304 wrote: »
    I've just been thinking about this, and I wonder if John and Edward will make an appearance on the LL Toy Show on Friday. Can you imagine how they'd react?? They were excited to be on GMTV and This Morning, so imagine the Toy Show! I'd love to see that!
    :D

I doubt it, if Simon has anything to do with it, that contract of his is a bitch :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement