Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I doubt it, if Simon has anything to do with it, that contract of his is a bitch :mad:
    I think they're allowed make appearances and the like, those that have got the boot previously certainly have, I think they're just forbidden from entering into contracts with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Rb wrote: »
    I think they're allowed make appearances and the like, those that have got the boot previously certainly have, I think they're just forbidden from entering into contracts with people.

Oh, ok. Fingers crossed for the Toy Show so!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Flat2dmat

ahahahahahaha the twins are out - brilliant!

hope you lot didn't shed too many tears for them!

predicting comments on this thread to diminish rapidly.
    respect for Dannii for having the balls to kick them out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

neil2304 wrote: »
    I've just been thinking about this, and I wonder if John and Edward will make an appearance on the LL Toy Show on Friday. Can you imagine how they'd react?? They were excited to be on GMTV and This Morning, so imagine the Toy Show! How great would that be?!!

I'm gonna e-mail RTE and ask! :)

It is RTE that I'd have to e-mail, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

I'm gonna e-mail RTE and ask! :)

It is RTE that I'd have to e-mail, right?

Yeah, go for it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rb wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the only reasonably marketable person left in the competition is Danyl. The rest don't stand a chance outside the show. Except for Joe and theater obviously.

bang on the money, 100%.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

AFAIK They're allowed interviews and to, you know turn on Christmas lights that kinda thing. I think they can also do small gigs, think Eoghan Quigg did last year..

Only know I listened to their bottom two song again and its so sad :( It really reflects on their time on the X Factor. They will seriously be missed.

Just saw this now, awww of course they're celebrities :)
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a188158/john--edward-are-we-celebrities.html

EDIT: Jedward on Gmtv Bless them

Flat2dmat wrote: »
    respect for Dannii for having the balls to kick them out

to a degree yes, a deadlock would've been farcical given the comments of previous weeks.

but she lost any respect she would have gained from me by continually making cheap comments about their singing and drawing the whole thing out, basically pandering to the crowd who were booing as it was.

her and cheryl have lost all my respect to be honest this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

SlickRic wrote: »
    to a degree yes, a deadlock would've been farcical given the comments of previous weeks.

but she lost any respect she would have gained from me by continually making cheap comments about their singing and drawing the whole thing out, basically pandering to the crowd who were booing as it was.

her and cheryl have lost all my respect to be honest this series.
    they all snip in fairness... Louis to Lloyd last night, Cheryl to Danyl..

I really think Danni is getting unfair comments in this thread, I said it before and ill say it again, she is the only Judge bar Simon that has any sort of good feedback to the contestants..

Lol John said he wouldnt say who he wanted to win coz he wanted her to win fairly or something... It was funny anyway :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

emo!! wrote: »
    they all snip in fairness... Louis to Lloyd last night, Cheryl to Danyl..

I really think Danni is getting unfair comments in this thread, I said it before and ill say it again, she is the only Judge bar Simon that has any sort of good feedback to the contestants..

What ????
    Dannniiii is a complete TOOL !!!
    What talent has she got ?
    Best user of Plastic 2001 ????

I hate her....perhaps you can tell.

I've totally gone off "3 phrases" Cheryl aswell.
    Eh hello ?
    Please learn something other than - "You're turnin into a little man right in front of me"....or "that was stunnin".....or last but not least..."that was your most comfortable performance so far"........
    What a dumb dumb.
    A hot dumb dumb in fairness but please producers of XFactor - teach Cheryl a few more phrases.

Rant over.
    Carry on. ;)
    As you were

emo!! wrote: »

i just think she refuses to let go. the lucie thing is over and she needs to deal with it. the rest of the judges have the ability to move on. she just doesn't.

J&E were hated enough with those live audiences, and i just think she wasn't helping. it wasn't their fault they got more votes than lucie. hell, it wasn't their fault simon brought it to deadlock.

but her comments, along with simon, do tend to be the only constructive ones, i'll give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

stainluss wrote: »
    They must be good artists if people buy there songs.

No, not at all. These 'artists' have nothing whatsoever to do with the songs they release. They are written by established songwriters who can deliver hits. The songs are picked by management. The songs are arranged and moulded by a producer who also directs the artist. All the artist needs to do is be very malleable and pretty for the photoshoots and video.
    These 'masses' arent hypnotized into liking it, it sounds good!

Actually the masses arent really given much of a choice. The (pop) music you hear on radio and tv is entirely dictated to you by the labels and management groups. They will ensure that songs are playlisted (which is the be-all and end-all of pop music), touted to the right DJ's and stations and the marketing is targeted to the correct demographics. There are companies that will GUARENTEE a certain amount of sales and a chart position. For example, we can say with a fair amount of certainty that an x-factor artist will have the christmas number 1. Its like that, only year round.
    Also, what would the judges prefer, an act that will sell a lot slowly over the next few decades, or one which which show explosively high sales in the next few years,and then reach saturation relatively quickly?
    Its all about cashflow;)
    The judges would kill their own grandmother for an act that will sell for decades but unfortunatly its a lot easier to create an act that will sell explosively for 2 or 3 years, get dropped and move on to the next one.
    None of the judges here are expecting a long term act and probably wouldnt have the first notion on how to groom one anyway*. (No idea what cowells track record is on that front, but id guess not a lot of sucess)

*Obviously Loius is the exception here, but a case could be made that Westlife (and to a much lesser extent boyzone) have hit the sales zenith and offer little in longevity past the decade mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Dannii is fast becoming the only judge worth listening to. She was the only judge to be honest and point out that Olly was way off tune at the start.I thought it said it all she gives a good honest assessment of Olly's performance then it comes to Louis and he says he was great! And then Cheryl the same so Simon wasn't goin to say anything at that stage just make Dannii look like the bitch as usual. Louis really is an idiot when it comes down to it he admitted on xtra factor that if Same difference had been his act he would have championed them!He also admitted to being childish!

Olly was awful this week and deserved to be in the bottom 2 & was delighted the (must criticised)public realised that,although again Lloyd escaped i really do worry that he'll make the final and then who knows.This may be the kick in the ass Olly needs although id fear for him next week unless he pulls something exceptional out of the bag.I hope 2 songs proves too challenging for Lloyd,his new haircut won't save him next week!

An interesting question is who will get the votes now off Jedwards fans??? Not Lloyd judging from this forum(thank God!).Will also be interesting to see what the theme is and Simon said on Xtra factor that Danyl will DEFINITELY do an upbeat number so either he has some idea or he is bowing to pressure(from Danyl's mam!!!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Cant believe the Jeds are gone, was gutted last night, was so sad watching them sing no matter what when the crowd booed, especially at the part where they pointed at the crowd on the lines 'no matter what they call us, however they attack'.
    People are cruel, they're lovely fellas, seem very innocent and childlike for their age, why be mean to them just because they cant sing, so f*cking what, its only an entertainment show at the end of the day, and they were entertaining.
    They made people laugh and smile which is gold in my opinion. People saying they embarrassed themselves and their country, get a life, what did they do only have fun and live the dream, they didnt hurt or murder anyone.
    There's enough doom and gloom in the world, people who couldnt just take them for what they were, a bit of fun, are dry sh1tes in my opinion!!!
    Dont take life so seriously!

Anyway as you can tell i think they were fricken AWESOME, more power to them!!!
    If there was a Jedwardland i'd go live in it.

Jedward forever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Don't know if any of you are familiar with Paul Martin, he's the Showbiz reporter for The Daily Mirror. Anyway he was on the Spin today and he basically confirmed that Danyl is not a nice person. Some of the words he used were "arrogant" and "pretentious". Bear in mind that this guy does be regularly backstage every weekend. There you have it. :)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Don't know if any of you are familiar with Paul Martin, he's the Showbiz reporter for The Daily Mirror. Anyway he was on the Spin today and he basically confirmed that Danyl is not a nice person. Some of the words he used were "arrogant" and "pretentious". Bear in mind that this guy does be regularly backstage every weekend. There you have it. :)

to be honest, even though i've championed Danyl, this wouldn't surprise me too much.

it's a pity. because they'd definitely make the best album with him imo.

it would also explain some of the over critical remarks from Cheryl in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Ratings dropped by half a million on last week which was down too from the week before. Evidence that the show and the twins had reached their peak. It's overdue that they're gone.

On their interview - idiotsmuch? Their answers are jumbled up and don't make sense....No? Presenters - I don't think so. I think a series of crappy reality programmes await them after a brief period of fame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Dannii is fast becoming the only judge worth listening to.
    True - if I wanted to constantly hear a bitter, ageing twisted wanna-be poor singer herself.
    The only thing she come across to some of us is one bitter bitch!

She should feck off back to Aussie land and stay there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Biggins wrote: »
    True - if I wanted to constantly hear a bitter, ageing twisted wanna-be poor singer herself.
    The only thing she come across to some of us is one bitter bitch!

She should feck off back to Aussie land and stay there.

Is it a coincidence that someone who has already confessed that he only watched for Jedward is saying this? I think not. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Is it a coincidence that someone who has already confessed that he only watched for Jedward is saying this? I think not. ;)
    Irrespective of her words towards the boys, her character and demeanour, sly constant digs at everyone, or lack of a good one that was nice, was clear for all to see.
    ateam wrote: »
    Ratings dropped by half a million on last week which was down too from the week before. Evidence that the show and the twins had reached their peak.
    Please provide PROOF that they were responsible for the drop in ratings alone please - otherwise we might have the tendency to think your too quick to just blame the twins!

I think Danniis in a postition where she has to stay on everyones good side and give proper advice though. Atleast the others have some 'real' experience with the music world but come on, Dannii songs were....at best!
    So any mistakes she makes I think people are going to say "what does she know about anything" And yes as a Jedward fan still getting over this terrible experience I will join in on disliking Dannii.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,786 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I just watched some old clips of Jedward and I have to say, they will be sorely missed on that show. They have the X Factor in spades. This s not JUST a singing contest, it's so much more and NONE of the acts remaining have what the lads have. They cannot compare. That Sky News clip of the lads is genius, so full of fun, innocence, honesty and class; and the rap they did off the cuff was breathtaking. It's a damn shame that Danni and Co voted them off.They haven't a freaking clue about what is and what isn't talent

You know I'd say Itv are going mad right now. Last night they lost Jedward from X Factor and Jordan from the jungle. These were the two talked about in all the papers. Id say Itv are now getting worried about rateings.

My 2000th post :). And Im gonna dedicate it to Jedward.

Just watched all their video diaries, couldnt stop laughing when they were lying on all their fanmail :D. Damn, Im gonna miss them 2 on the show so much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

deise_girl wrote: »

"john got a 1 in his hair!":D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esFwAZ-QA1o (towards the end)

From the horse's mouth! They've been asked to go on the Toy Show on Friday!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

My 2000th post :). And Im gonna dedicate it to Jedward.

Just watched all their video diaries, couldnt stop laughing when they were lying on all their fanmail :D. Damn, Im gonna miss them 2 on the show so much..

What was this? :)

neil2304 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esFwAZ-QA1o (towards the end)

From the horse's mouth! They've been asked to go on the Toy Show on Friday!!!!! :D:D:D

You're jokin'! :D
    I'm still waiting for a reply to my e-mail but I'll tell ye when I get one!
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    What was this? :)

well all the things people had sent them! God, they're funny :P.

• Advertisement

Today alone they've had interviews with
    GMTV interview
    This morning interview
    The live at channel five interview
    The bbc radio 1 interview
    DS Interview
    A Final X Factor one

possibly more who knows but fair duce all in one day :P Ill try get links to more if I can.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/interviews/a188238/john--edward.html Thats with Ds

Actually instead of take over this thread should I just make a new thread to post John and Edward videos on?? Coz they have loads of performances, video diraies, cooking etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement