Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

It was jamie all the way for me, im in love now with the hair!

The twins made me laugh so much, and bits of the song was not bad, and no matter how bad they are they are better singers than me, i do have pity for them now, but like they said last night, its like a dream for them to be there, hope the hurtful slagging will stop, they are only teenagers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

joes girls wrote: »

The twins made me laugh so much, and bits of the song was not bad, and no matter how bad they are they are better singers than me, i do have pity for them now, but like they said last night, its like a dream for them to be there, hope the hurtful slagging will stop, they are only teenagers!!!
    +1.

Im a useless singer but if i got onto xfactor, i wouldnt be complaining (if it was my dream like!) and if its their dream just to be there then let them have it, not many people get the opportunity :P. And they seemed decent guys after their performance last night.
    As for stephen gately, shockin' news. RIP. My heart goes out to his family and friends (and louie as he must be devastated also).

And tbh, i dont get how people cannot find them funny :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I cant believe I am admitting this but the act I was most looking forward to last night was The Twins. I hope they stay in because there the only ones Il tune in for every week.

I have really started warming to Rachel.She looks like a little Rhianna and has an amazing voice and has the most sincere personality of all the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

panda100 wrote: »
    I cant believe I am admitting this but the act I was most looking forward to last night was The Twins.

You can vote for the twins by calling 00 44 333 666 9809 (costs 35c/min). I have a post about it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055696207

You can also find the numbers for the other acts here:

http://www.free2call.tv/x-factor.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Louis is going on tonight but that is subject to change according to Sky. Dunno he'll be able to do it meself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

i feel sorry for him, hope he pulls through it.
    Great show last night btw : )

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I doubt Louis will go on - I feel awful for him but its sorta disrespectful for him to go on in light of what just happened.I'd be a bit shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Yea And thats another the twats will be outed I would --they are too smarmy and conceited

[QUOTE=

Bottom line if you dont have likeability you wont get through, if your likable but not the best singer it will get you so far.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

OK...I'm just watching the repeat now...Louis claps like a seal!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

faior enough..why did he change the lyric to girl then???
    Eh...so he'd be singing to a girl not a fella. Sounds better. Thought I said that already.
    Anyway, very sad to hear about Stephen Gately. RIP Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just watching parts that I missed last night. Danyl sings like he's been singing professionally for years. I didn't particulary like the song he sang but I think he's really good. If he performed with less confidence he'd be criticized for that:rolleyes:.
    John and Edward weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be...Cheryl for one should realise that you don't have to be a brilliant singer to do well, she was vocally quite weak when she was in 'Popstars-The Rivals'..her beauty helped her enormously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Have to say, upon watching it again Danyl's performance was brilliant. He proved me wrong when I said he couldn't sing the low notes. Also, the more I watch what Dannii said the more it seems less like a joke. I don't think she wanted to discredit him, she just made the mistake of putting too much of an honest observation out there. I still don't buy the "she outted him" crap, it is indisputable that he outted himself as bisexual weeks ago.

I'm very cynical about this whole thing. This morning an article was released in the NOTW with direct quotes from Louis Walsh lashing Danyl for being a bully (he said to Kandy Rain they had no chance of winning). What a coincidence that on the eve of this article a lot of damage control was done by what Dannii said and how Simon reacted.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xfactor/542244/kandy-rain.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Only got a chance to watch last nights show a couple of minutes ago.

My favourites were Olly, Joe and the Twins (believe it or not)...
    I think the twins deserve a bit of a break - I didn't like them at first, but feel sorry for them now... and found their performance last night very enjoyable.
    Thought Danni and Cheryl were overly bitchy last night... probably that time of the month.

The news of Stephen Gately's death is terrible. It's strange for me because Boyzone were one of those bands that were around while I was growing up. I remember the start and end of their career and then the re-union and everything. It'll be interesting to see if Louis goes on tonight in light of this. May Stephen Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Memnoch wrote: »
    I have no respect for either Cheryl or Danii after tonight. They've shown themselves to be the hypocritical, small-minded bitches they truly are.

Danyl's performance was by FAR the best of the night, but I guess it's a crime to actually be talented in a singing competition these days.

+100 couldnt agree more with this

I cannot understand this perception that danyl is overconfident and cocky. He remains by far and away the best performer in the competition and i just cant understand where the 'cocky' thing comes in.

Last nights show was done around robbie williams involvement. Robbie is someone who has entirely based his entire career on being cocky and hes been pretty succesful, but apparently whats good for the goose isnt good for the gander.

I do understand that the show isnt really a music competition and its actually sort of a new age beauty pageant which comes down to the magic 'likeability' and song choices but its depressing to see someone thats so far past the kareoke standard of most of the contestants being villified for possesing that very talent.

I was really disapointed with jamie afro. The mix didnt do him any favors but t-rex is his bread and butter and he didnt really own it. Hes great but i thought that was weak. Lucie was great, Stacie good, ollie good and there was noone else worth talking about.

On last nights show, I'd have Danyl to win. I dont think he will though. The over 25's will split each others vote and its between stacie and lucy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

said on sky news that louis will not be on tonights show.

There's no grand entrance for the judges tonight, and Simon is apparantly going to say a little something.

It is going to be a realy sad/weird atmosphere tonight...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

As horrible as it is to say it, I think Dannii Minogue will be relieved the Stephen Gately passed away when he did. It will take the focus off her ridiculous remarks last night and the papers wont get their chance to tear her to shreds, cos suffer she would have.
    (Allegedly she was accused of bein racist before in her own country but this is neither here nor there)

Tonights X Factor will be interesting to see how they deal with her comments last night if at all and how Stephens death will be treated on the show given Louis was his manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I read her twitter and she said she'll be apologising tonight for it

Her public image unfortunately requires that she apologises on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

How can Louie call Danyl unlikeable yet Louie has the most unlikeable contestant ever in X factor history in the twat twins :confused:

Now Louie has called Danyl a bully

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xfactor/542244/kandy-rain.html

Gay or Straight or Bisexual Danyl can sing and had a great performance last night Dannii was being petty

OT - RIP Stephen Gately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

The Irish Montage was cringe-worthy..afaik most people in the Institute hate them

The are only 17 years old for christ sake... Yes they are very very immature, but a lot of the editing is makin them look worse, you see them live on TV last night and the 2 lads look like normal 17 year olds.

I remember going to school with lads like them, and i remember thinking they were just clowns,i never hated them. never really spoken to them or had an opinion on them..

In school you have a close circle of frinds and the rest you dont talk to, but there is no one you hate unless you were bullied by them.

But now that they are famous and Simon Cowell says he hates them, sure everyone in the school they go to will say they hate them just the same.

If they were fantastic singers and were going to be the next big thing,
    you'd have idiots coming out saying they were their best friends and
    they always knew that they had talent... blah blah blah..yada yada yada...

Talk is cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Guys really stuck for a stream tonight, does anyone know where to look?

oh, here we go!

I have a feeling that the first part will be a bit...tearful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

That was quite nice of Simon.

What the hell is this crap?!

It sounds like the loser's song :confused:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

That was quite nice of Simon.

Yeah, it was. Nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Jaysus the three overs were terrible openning the song. Completely off. Especially Danyl.

The start of that song was embarassing for the Over 25's, all painfully out of tune.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Came together at the end - horrible opening, good ending!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

will they have the judges choose between the final two if louis isn't there? not very fair if any of his acts are in the bottom two

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement