Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

thats so crap!!!!!! whats up with the theme's this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Don't know if any of you are familiar with Paul Martin, he's the Showbiz reporter for The Daily Mirror. Anyway he was on the Spin today and he basically confirmed that Danyl is not a nice person. Some of the words he used were "arrogant" and "pretentious". Bear in mind that this guy does be regularly backstage every weekend. There you have it. :)

So what?

As someone else said i wouldnt be suprised if he was arrogant (he actually has the right to be) and pretentious. How does this effect his ability as a singer?

Van Morrison is a grumpy cùnt, Whitney Houston and Robbie Williams are drug addicts and Cheryl Cole punches black women who work in toilets. Hasnt stopped any of them having succesful careers.

walshb wrote: »
    I just watched some old clips of Jedward and I have to say, they will be sorely missed on that show. They have the X Factor in spades. This s not JUST a singing contest, it's so much more and NONE of the acts remaining have what the lads have.
    No talent? Yes your right, none of the acts remaining have no talent.
    They cannot compare. That Sky News clip of the lads is genius, so full of fun, innocence, honesty and class; and the rap they did off the cuff was breathtaking.

The rap was anything BUT off the cuff. It was the same rap they had practised all week for the live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Simons mad for an Elton Week

wonder if the winners single is another cover

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

unreggd wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet on it... it's the safe choice!

Not that it'll make a difference.. they could release a cover of "The JCB Song" and it'll still get a number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dustaz wrote: »
    As someone else said i wouldnt be suprised if he was arrogant (he actually has the right to be) and pretentious. How does this effect his ability as a singer?

lol yes he has the right to be a wanker alright just because he is slightly talented.
    Van Morrison is a grumpy cùnt

Hardly still a global superstar now is he? I don't see people knocking down his door to work with him, maybe his rep has caught up with him.
    Whitney Houston and Robbie Williams are drug addicts

What has Whitney achieved since she has returned? Nothing. What has Robbie Williams achieved since his return? Beaten to No.1 by novices in the form of JLS.
    and Cheryl Cole punches black women who work in toilets.

That's what roughly five years of keeping your nose clean and Simon Cowell's PR team will do for you.

• Advertisement

As someone else said i wouldnt be suprised if he was arrogant (he actually has the right to be) and pretentious
    Noone EVER has the right to think bein a good singer makes them better than you

The worst example is Barb Streissand [fxckin cxnt!]

Fact is, Danyl is not a likeable person.

Like Rachel Hylton, she's an amazing singer, but everyone saw her true colours, esp when it comes to working with her. Has she gotten a deal yet? No. Will she? Prob not

Simons mad for an Elton Week

basquille wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet on it... it's the safe choice!

Not that it'll make a difference.. they could release a cover of "The JCB Song" and it'll still get a number 1.

There has been a number of rumours, some including

• Michael Jackson cover
    • Miley Cyrus's The Climb
    • An original song written by Chris Martin

• Michael Jackson cover
    • Miley Cyrus's The Climb
    • An original song written by Chris Martin

Most likely Miley's song

It's kind of Winner related, and Simon's tryin to get in on her market!!

Boo to the CM song!

Mj.....?

This is it? Only winner related song I can think of atm......

I dont see any point in goin back to pre-made winner songs a la Moment like This
    Covers will always make better hits, esp with a show like XF

Most likely Miley's song

It's kind of Winner related, and Simon's tryin to get in on her market!!

Boo to the CM song!

Mj.....?

This is it? Only winner related song I can think of atm......

I dont see any point in goin back to pre-made winner songs a la Moment like This
    Covers will always make better hits, esp with a show like XF

I think if Danyl gets to the final Man In The Mirror could be a perfect winner's song for him. A Chris Martin song would suit Stacey. Not sure who The Climb would suit though at this stage!

I think if Danyl gets to the final Man In The Mirror could be a perfect winner's song for him. A Chris Martin song would suit Stacey. Not sure who The Climb would suit though at this stage!

Please don't joke by using Danyl and Final is the one sentence, I'm already nauceous! :( [damn infection]

Yeah, all those songs suck, so hopefully they ARE just rumours :P

I dont think the Coldplay/Keane buzz ever over-suited Stacey

Yes, she got cred for the risk factor, but she hasnt sang anything as good as her auditions, esp her first

Thats why she did so good Queen week, she was back in her best Key

I'd still like her to win, I'd say she has a good recording voice

But I think Joe is the best all-rounder
    He hasnt really faulted at all / caused drama, which is kind of his downfall, but I'm hopin the semi's will be a big night!

Is the final gonna be the same Sat / Sunday buzz?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No talent? Yes your right, none of the acts remaining have no talent.

The rap was anything BUT off the cuff. It was the same rap they had practised all week for the live show.

The rap was off the cuff. The were asked to perform off the cuff. Jeez, is it really that hard for you to say something positive.

BTW, compare any of those acts to the lads and there is no comparison.
    The lads are star quality, the others are simply ten a penny bland singers

walshb wrote: »
    BTW, compare any of those acts to the lads and there is no comparison.
    The lads are star quality, the others are simply ten a penny bland singers
    Star Quality me bollix!

You're right, there is no comparison. The others are professional singers. Well, most [/Danyl]

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was watching some of the video clips of the contestants and Stacey seems like she's either drunk or just really really thick in them.

As for the themes being rubbish, why can't they sit down at the beginning of the series and make a list of general themes. Movie week was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Dunno what all the fuss is about this Joe guy! he's a bit of a Daniel O'Donnell for me!

Olly - Very narrow range of moves. Decent singer. he's probably the most marketable!

Lloyd - Not a good signer - and reminds me too much of Fernando Torres

Danyl - The best singer by a mile but wouldn't be as popular as Olly.

Stacey - a bit annoying - 2nd best singer.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I was watching some of the video clips of the contestants and Stacey seems like she's either drunk or just really really thick in them.

As for the themes being rubbish, why can't they sit down at the beginning of the series and make a list of general themes. Movie week was great.

I imagine it's because the producers and Cowell want to play it by week, they wouldn't want to hammer out set in stone themes from the start only to find that the themes didn't suit their favoured acts or any of the acts left in the later stages.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Defo

XF was always about findin a POP singer, but they're finally makin it more open for other genres, the way it should be

Like, Movies, Love Songs, Rock, Motown, Big Band, Musicals, Xmas Songs, then one or 2 artists should be ok

They need to pick Mentors with a more diverse discography

They should do a Winners week too, so they do songs from all the singers. Some good unreleased tracks from the prevs, esp Jordin Sparks and Carrie Underwood

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

FFS!! Louis is on Derek Mooney now. Theme for this week is a song from
    Madonna
    :mad::mad::mad: and a song from
    Take That
    meh.

This will be CRAP. Also, Jedward would have been amazing with both those artists :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

FFS!! Louis is on Derek Mooney now. Theme for this week is a song from
    Madonna
    :mad::mad::mad: and a song from
    Take That
    meh.

This will be CRAP. Also, Jedward would have been amazing with both those artists :(
    If John and Edward were there next week Sinitta announced they were to sing Vogue :( Imagine their "strike a pose" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The X Factor final five will sing tracks by Take That and Elton John on Saturday, it has been confirmed.

Dannii Minogue revealed the news in a Twitter post, after a fan asked whether her act Stacey Solomon would be performing a Barbra Streisand number.

"I love Streisand and [Stacey] can certainly sing those kind of huge songs, but I have to follow the theme! Elton/Take That this week!" she said.

All five remaining contestants - Lloyd Daniels, Joe McElderry, Stacey Solomon, Danyl Johnson and Olly Murs - will perform one track by John and one track by Take That. No song choices have yet been revealed.

Highlights from last year's Take That week included Alexandra Burke performing 'Relight My Fire', JLS singing 'A Million Love Songs', Eoghan Quigg's 'Never Forget' and Ruth Lorenzo's rendition of 'Love Ain't Here Anymore'.

Alicia Keys and Rihanna have previously been confirmed as the special guests for the Sunday results episode. Rihanna is rumoured to be acting as a guest mentor as well as singing her new single 'Russian Roulette'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Suprised they are having Take That after having them last year maybe they are mentoring again? Yeah Simon seems to be very keen on having Elton week.Pity they didnt make this week George Michael/Elton John week then Louis would have had nothing to bitch about Joe's performance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

OMG if this isn't fishing for the sympathy vote i don't know what is!!! Oh Louis is the big bad wolf now !!!
    Lloyd Daniels 'threatens to quit X Factor'

Tuesday, November 24 2009, 10:52 GMT
    By Mayer Nissim, Entertainment Reporter
    160x120_xfactor_gs_211109_contest4a.jpg Rex Features

Lloyd Daniels has reportedly threatened to quit The X Factor.
    According to the Daily Mail, the Welsh singer was upset by comments from judge Louis Walsh when he escaped the bottom two at the weekend.
    Walsh said: "I can't believe Lloyd is still here."
    He later added on The Xtra Factor: "'I thought it would have been Lloyd in the bottom two because he's been there, like, three times. Olly [Murs] did not deserve to be in the bottom two."
    Daniels is said to have broken down in tears after the programme and told producers: "I'm going, I can't carry on."
    A show insider claimed: "Lloyd was in a terrible state after the show. It has got a bit too much for him. Being told that you belong in the bottom two is devastating for any of the contestants and Lloyd is really young.
    "Also, when he was not put into the bottom two, the audience started booing loudly, which is a lot to take on for a young lad.
    "He will be okay, he just had a knock on Sunday night and the pressure is really on. After all, there's only three weeks left on the show."

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Elton John this saturday? Oh sweet jesus.
    Looks like a hat trick for that joe chap- that'll be his third elton john song. I suppose he and Mr. John do have a few things in common.

On another note- am i the only one who just cant stand to look at the tv when that chap is on? He seriously creeps me out big time. Theres something so sinister about that head tilt and smile thing he does. *shudder*

john and edward are only two years older than him , and got constant remarks like " oh you shouldnt be here" off no other than Lloyds mentor Cheryl (remember when she was onstage with rikki lonely) .. and got boo'ed every single week.. yet they never threatend to walk

Think its the only way the xfactor can drum up a bit of drama now the J&E are gone, doubt its true at all..

Elton John this saturday? Oh sweet jesus.
    Looks like a hat trick for that joe chap- that'll be his third elton john song. I suppose he and Mr. John do have a few things in common.

On another note- am i the only one who just cant stand to look at the tv when that chap is on? He seriously creeps me out big time. Theres something so sinister about that head tilt and smile thing he does. *shudder*
    wouldnt feel as strongly as that, but he is my "take it or leave it preformance" usally go make a cup of tea when he is singing

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Emmmooo wrote: »
    OMG if this isn't fishing for the sympathy vote i don't know what is!!! Oh Louis is the big bad wolf now !!!

According to the Daily Mail, the Welsh singer was upset by comments from judge Louis Walsh when he escaped the bottom two at the weekend.
    He later added on The Xtra Factor: "'I thought it would have been Lloyd in the bottom two because he's been there, like, three times. Olly [Murs] did not deserve to be in the bottom two."
    Daniels is said to have broken down in tears after the programme and told producers: "I'm going, I can't carry on."
    A show insider claimed: "Lloyd was in a terrible state after the show. It has got a bit too much for him. Being told that you belong in the bottom two is devastating for any of the contestants and Lloyd is really young.
    "Also, when he was not put into the bottom two, the audience started booing loudly, which is a lot to take on for a young lad.
    "He will be okay, he just had a knock on Sunday night and the pressure is really on. After all, there's only three weeks left on the show."

I really, really hope he does leave :mad: How dare he say that when contestants wanted this so much they put up with it from week 1.. Erghhh people annoy me. They should throw Lloyd out and put John and Edward back in, makes much more sense especially seeing as Lloyd doesnt 100% want it.

Even though I dont really think this is real. Actually it turned out semi real about Jamie and Danyl..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Emmmooo wrote: »

...and please tidy your room before you leave. All the best. Bye.

Bit of an over-reaction there deise girl. Regardless of how much talent Lloyd has (or hasn't), Louis was totally out of order with those comments. Also, he once again showed himself up to be a little cretin because in the previous week he voted to save Lloyd. So after his comments this week it is absolutely obvious that this man doesn't care about the contestants and is more concerned with getting one over on Simon by tactically voting. What a pathetic little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Bit of an over-reaction there deise girl. Regardless of how much talent Lloyd has (or hasn't), Louis was totally out of order with those comments. Also, he once again showed himself up to be a little cretin because in the previous week he voted to save Lloyd. So after his comments this week it is absolutely obvious that this man doesn't care about the contestants and is more concerned with getting one over on Simon by tactically voting. What a pathetic little man.

No, Louis didn't like Jamie OR Lloyd, and he liked Jamie less, that's why he voted for Lloyd. He did recognise that Lloyd had an appeal to young girls, and knew he'd go further than Jame. If he had voted to save Lloyd over, say, Danyl or Olly, then of course what you say would be justified, but he had made his feelings about Jamie clear for many weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Louis wasn't the only one doing this.
    Cheryl said the same thing about Jedward when Rikki left, same with Danni.

And I agree, Lloyd shouldn't be in the competition!

Edit: And before you go on about jedward, Lloyd has no entertainment value or nothing!

• Advertisement

No, Louis didn't like Jamie OR Lloyd, and he liked Jamie less, that's why he voted for Lloyd. He did recognise that Lloyd had an appeal to young girls, and knew he'd go further than Jame. If he had voted to save Lloyd over, say, Danyl or Olly, then of course what you say would be justified, but he had made his feelings about Jamie clear for many weeks.

He said he was voting for someone he felt had the most potential, even though it was clear as day that Lloyd had been out of his depth for quite a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement