Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Bit of an over-reaction there deise girl. Regardless of how much talent Lloyd has (or hasn't), Louis was totally out of order with those comments. Also, he once again showed himself up to be a little cretin because in the previous week he voted to save Lloyd. So after his comments this week it is absolutely obvious that this man doesn't care about the contestants and is more concerned with getting one over on Simon by tactically voting. What a pathetic little man.
    I think he was allowed say Lloyd should have been in the bottom 2, there wasn't two worse singers than him and everyone knows that. Maybe Louis said it once to many but I think its an over reaction on Lloyds side if it upset so much he wants to quit. Louis was no worse than Dannii, when Lucy went. And last week Dannii had a go at John and Edward throughout the show.
    And I think Jamie should have went. Of course if two could have gone that night even better but the X Factor isnt the right show for Jamie. The X Fcator really wants a pop singer , Jamie wasnt right for it. On the night Louis prefered Lloyd but that doesnt mean he still doesnt rate him a as singer, I'd say he didn't mind who left that week.

Oh and yeh I am still upset/annoyed over Sundays result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Elton John this saturday? Oh sweet jesus.
    Looks like a hat trick for that joe chap- that'll be his third elton john song. I suppose he and Mr. John do have a few things in common.

On another note- am i the only one who just cant stand to look at the tv when that chap is on? He seriously creeps me out big time. Theres something so sinister about that head tilt and smile thing he does. *shudder*

Barfly what are you getting at ???? are you saying theres a link between Freddie Mercury, George Michael, Elton John and Joe ?????
    Wonder what that could be!!!

Yeah he is a bit scary when he smiles its a bit like in the programme Buffy the vampire slayer when they became vampires!!! His whole face changes mind you not as scary as when Danyl smiles !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

deise_girl wrote: »
    I think he was allowed say Lloyd should have been in the bottom 2, there wasn't two worse singers than him and everyone knows that. Maybe Louis said it once to many but I think its an over reaction on Lloyds side if it upset so much he wants to quit. Louis was no worse than Dannii, when Lucy went. And last week Dannii had a go at John and Edward throughout the show.

Maybe, difference is though is that Dannii was always honest, at least the boys knew where they stood with her.
    And I think Jamie should have went. Of course if two could have gone that night even better but the X Factor isnt the right show for Jamie. The X Fcator really wants a pop singer , Jamie wasnt right for it. On the night Louis prefered Lloyd but that doesnt mean he still doesnt rate him a as singer, I'd say he didn't mind who left that week.

Not really, there has always been rockers in this show. Like Tabby in the first season who came 3rd, as well as Ben Mills in the third season who also came third (I think!). Even if Louis did think Lloyd and Jamie were the two poorest acts left, he should of sent home the poorer of the two home first. He had no reason to save Lloyd other than to knock out one of Simon's acts.
    Oh and yeh I am still upset/annoyed over Sundays result.

No worries, maybe the lads will be in I'm A Celeb, they'll deserve to win that show. :)

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Barfly what are you getting at ???? are you saying theres a link between Freddie Mercury, George Michael, Elton John and Joe ?????
    Wonder what that could be!!!

No prizes for guessing correctly. ;)
    Yeah he is a bit scary when he smiles its a bit like in the programme Buffy the vampire slayer when they became vampires!!! His whole face changes mind you not as scary as when Danyl smiles !!!

lol, you're good craic Emmmooo. :D Never thought about how Joe smiled before but I think you're right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Wonder what that could be!!! !!!

that has nothing to do with his singing, really dont think its our business to be discussing it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Maybe, difference is though is that Dannii was always honest, at least the boys knew where they stood with her.
    I think louis is being honest, he just kinda misks things up in his mind! But I don't think louis said any worse to Lloyd than Dannii said to J&E
    Not really, there has always been rockers in this show. Like Tabby in the first season who came 3rd, as well as Ben Mills in the third season who also came third (I think!). Even if Louis did think Lloyd and Jamie were the two poorest acts left, he should of sent home the poorer of the two home first. He had no reason to save Lloyd other than to knock out one of Simon's acts.
    I didn't watch the first two seasons and only a bit of the third. So I can't really comment but judging by the fact I've never heard of them, they cant have done that much after the show? I think the majority of the X Factors audience that would buy music from the singers asfter the show would be teens? I can't see Jamie have been that successful. Tbh I think he should try as hard as he can not to be assoicated with the X Factor, coz I dont see it helping him.
    No worries, maybe the lads will be in I'm A Celeb, they'll deserve to win that show. :)
    Yeh im in two minds about that show. It could work in their favour and give them more fans or they could get frustrated on the show and people hate them. And if they went in as two seperate people I dont see how they'd cope without one another, they really lean on eachother *awww* lol Well theres always the Toy Show Friday, theyre menat to be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lol yes he has the right to be a wanker alright just because he is slightly talented.
    No, but he has the right to be cocky seeing as he has talent in a show full of useless pieces of flesh.

Hardly still a global superstar now is he? I don't see people knocking down his door to work with him, maybe his rep has caught up with him.

*boggle* I dont know how to respond to that. On any level.

What has Whitney achieved since she has returned? Nothing. What has Robbie Williams achieved since his return? Beaten to No.1 by novices in the form of JLS.

Er, Do you think that their drug addictions were a sudden and quickly passing phase? Do you think that people didnt know about them while they had some of the most productive and succesful parts of their careers?

How about Mariah Carey? On the scale of 'easy to work with' shes somewhere up there with goeballs and yet shes the biggest selling female artist in the world.

Nice gets you nowhere in the business, apart from keeping the veneer of it for the masses.

deise_girl wrote: »
    I can't see Jamie have been that successful. Tbh I think he should try as hard as he can not to be assoicated with the X Factor, coz I dont see it helping him.
    :)

The xfactor has given him a stepping stone, and enough publicity for him to try and make a real go of his singing career, he would be silly to try and distance himself away from the fame he has got from the show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

personally I think Lloyd should be still in the show. He is an alright singer. He is not the best on the show but he is better than the ones gone apart from Lucie, who should not have been voted off instead of them two twats.

Dustaz wrote: »
    No, but he has the right to be cocky seeing as he has talent in a show full of useless pieces of flesh.

That would be an idiotic mistake for him to make, especially since the personality of the contestant plays a big part in winning votes in these competitions.
    Er, Do you think that their drug addictions were a sudden and quickly passing phase? Do you think that people didnt know about them while they had some of the most productive and succesful parts of their careers?

I'm pretty sure for his best albums i.e. I've Been Expecting You, Sing When You're Winning and Escapology that Robbie was off the drugs. It was for Life Through A Lens that he was out of it, and the drug abuse resurfaced after the failure Rudebox.

I'm also pretty sure that Whitney only began to go downhill after My Love Is Your Love, and surprise surprise, she's done nothing of note since then.
    How about Mariah Carey? On the scale of 'easy to work with' shes somewhere up there with goeballs and yet shes the biggest selling female artist in the world.

Spectacular and proven talent can get away with behaviour, mediocre pretenders like Danyl don't.
    Nice gets you nowhere in the business, apart from keeping the veneer of it for the masses.

I haven't heard that cliche before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,786 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I just watched Jedward being voted off again and listened to Danni just before she twisted the knife. She was asking if it was a singing competition. You could hear some in the audience shouting yes. Because, they knew, god forbid, if it was about energy, excitement, fun, originality and most inmportantly, X Factor, then the other acts wouldn't stand a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

walshb wrote: »
    I just watched Jedward being voted off again and listened to Danni just before she twisted the knife. She was asking if it was a singing competition. You could hear some in the audience shouting yes. Because, they knew, god forbid, if it was about energy, excitement, fun, originality and most inmportantly, X Factor, then the other acts wouldn't stand a chance.

Dannii is a twat - who was she directing question towards. Irony of course as repeatedly said on here and elsewhere is that she can't sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Danni should have done what Simon did and left it to the public

The best judge by far is Lulu Walsh

Anyone know what the winner's song will be this year? I'm thinking another cover :rolleyes:

ateam wrote: »
    Dannii is a twat - who was she directing question towards. Irony of course as repeatedly said on here and elsewhere is that she can't sing.

I bet you haven't even listened to her music, once. It's not my cup of tea but the girl can sing, check her live performances with Kylie on YouTube, she can hold her own. She's also been a lead in the West End, not exactly the resume of someone who can't sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Danni wrote on Twitter that the theme this week is
    Elton John & Take That.
    Not looking forward to this at all really. :rolleyes:

JP Liz wrote: »
    Danni should have done what Simon did and left it to the public

The best judge by far is Lulu Walsh

Anyone know what the winner's song will be this year? I'm thinking another cover :rolleyes:
    what!!!!!! lulu the best judge, how you come up with that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Dustaz wrote: »

Nobody has the right to be cocky no matter how good they are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

JP Liz wrote: »

So would I, Sher Cowell said in one of the xtra factors over the weekend that he had a meeting with the acts regarding "choosing"(his words not mine) the winners song:rolleyes:

Definitely a cover based on that..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yeah it's definitely
    Take That and Elton John

at least Joe can do the same song as last week.

imagine Jedward doing 'Never Forget'!

also, i'm betting Danyl gets given 'Tiny Dancer'. if he does, it's over for him. do not touch that song.

i'll predict Stacy to get 'A Million Love Songs'.

Lloyd will get given 'Back for Good' by Cheryl in a desperate attempt to give him the most recognisable song, that will get the teenagers swooning.

Joe to get 'Your Song'

Olly to get 'Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting'

i can't wait to see if my predictions are true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

This doesn't suprise me at all.Im hoping this will be Lloyds downfall as i don't think theres much between the two ears and memorising 2 songs may prove a fence too far for the puppy in the national....................

'X Factor' acts 'struggle' with two songs

Wednesday, November 25 2009, 10:22 GMT
    By David Balls, Music Reporter
    160x120_starsnaps_ca_simon_cowell.jpg

The five remaining X Factor acts are reportedly struggling to learn two songs for Saturday's show.
    The contestants will perform one Elton John song and one by Take That, but neither act will be on hand as a mentor.
    "Learning two songs is killing them," a source told The Sun.
    "The plan is for the acts to do one up-tempo number and a more ballady one to show off both sides of their voices."
    Creative director Brian Friedman has reportedly been put under pressure to help the contestants improve their performances on the night.
    "Brian is having to come up with loads of energetic dance routines for them," the source added.
    "Some, like Olly and Danyl, are convinced that the key to their survival is down to them having a big performance."
    The X Factor continues next Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    yeah it's definitely
    Take That and Elton John

at least Joe can do the same song as last week.

imagine Jedward doing 'Never Forget'!

also, i'm betting Danyl gets given 'Tiny Dancer'. if he does, it's over for him. do not touch that song.

i'll predict Stacy to get 'A Million Love Songs'.

Lloyd will get given 'Back for Good' by Cheryl in a desperate attempt to give him the most recognisable song, that will get the teenagers swooning.

Joe to get 'Your Song'

Olly to get 'Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting'

i can't wait to see if my predictions are true :)

Good choices, I think you're on the money with Joe, Lloyd and Stacey. I reckon;
    Lloyd - Your Song & Relight My Fire

Joe - Candle In The Wind & Could It Be Magic

Olly - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word & Shine

Danyl - Sacrifice & Never Forget

Stacey - Don't Go Breaking My Heart & Rule The World

oh i hope you're tight about Olly that would be great :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If anyone is interested and have not come across it yet, here is a great X-Factor site related info, etc: http://xfactor-updates.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I usually hate Nob Nation and some of this is rubbish but I think they capture Jedward nicely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

John & Edward are being interviewed on Ray D'Arcy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They're on Gerry Ryan right now!

Apparently, the winner's song is
    Don't Stop Believing by Journey
    . Lame!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a188657/cowell-picks-winners-song-for-joe.html

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Apparently, the winner's song is
    Don't Stop Believing by Journey
    . Lame!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a188657/cowell-picks-winners-song-for-joe.html

FFS. My ears are going to be bleeding for months. Also....paving the way for Joe or what??

FFS. My ears are going to be bleeding for months. Also....paving the way for Joe or what??

It was decent performance by Joe when he sang it, but hardly set the world a light. I remember thinking "He did better than I thought, but it was still pretty awful." :pac:

I think Stacey could handle it well. It could go either way with Danyl i.e. fantastic or trainwreck. Olly has no chance with it, ditto Lloyd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Simon Cowell has reportedly picked a track already performed by finalist Joe McElderry as this year's winner's song.The X Factor judge is said to have chosen Journey's 1981 hit Don't Stop Believin' as the winning act's single - a song which Joe performed during Rock Week.
    His decision has led to speculation that he believes the 18-year-old will triumph in the final, reports The Sun.
    The second choice for the winner's song is The Climb from the Hannah Montana movie, which is being considered if it looks like Stacey Solomon may beat Joe in the final.
    A source told the paper: "It is getting to the crucial stages now and Simon and the producers are very confident that Joe could be the winner. He made a great fist of Don't Stop Believin' and that has helped.
    "It's always a difficult call choosing the song, especially as there are some very different talents in the final line-up."
    They added: "Danyl and Olly really think they can win. They will be shocked to learn the winner's song is one Joe has already performed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement