Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,247 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

covering
    Journey
    as an official release is ripping the p*ss in the highest order.

awful.

if Stacy's in the final two, well, she's a lovely girl and all, but, God help us all.

i've a sneaky feeling the final 3 will be Joe, Lloyd and Stacy.

now that would be pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lloyd

:eek:

He's been in the bottom two twice, no chance. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

What's wrong with writing an original song for the winner? Sheesh...Don't Stop Believing - baaaad choice. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Rb wrote: »
    Ironic. They don't eat/drink dairy products.

Anyone know where I can listen to the Ray D'arcy and Gerry Ryan interview??
    Also they were interviewed by Will Leahy yesterday and on Capital Fm.
    Capital fm link http://www.capitalfm.com/music-showbiz/x-factor/webchat-jedward-tonight-x-factor/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,247 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :eek:

He's been in the bottom two twice, no chance. :p

we all wish.

given his threat to quit, the new haircut, and the fact he'll be singing a boyband song this weekend, giving young girls all the thrills they need.

i'd say he'll make it past this week at the very least.

Danyl will be gone i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

Jedward :(:(:(

Its just not worth it anymore :o

SlickRic wrote: »
    we all wish.

given his threat to quit, the new haircut, and the fact he'll be singing a boyband song this weekend, giving young girls all the thrills they need.

i'd say he'll make it past this week at the very least.

Danyl will be gone i reckon.

I understand where you are coming from but I think him surviving was a result of being in the bottom two in the previous week, he received a sympathy vote. Exactly like when he survived against Rachel, he was safe the next week (Jedward and Lucie). Then normality resumed and he was in the bottom two with Jamie. He survived, but again he received a sympathy vote last week keeping him out of the bottom two. For some reason he's not striking the same chords with the teenage voters as Eoghan Quigg, and Welsh people are seemingly not voting for him in waves either.

His "hard luck" story may save him, then again Jamie's mistreatment at the hands of Simon didn't help him. I'll be genuinely shocked if he's not out this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ironic. They don't eat/drink dairy products.
    The fact you even know that worries me :p

Namlub wrote: »
    The fact you even know that worries me :p
    :o:o:o
    They said it in their videos, they dont like cream, milk, cheese, youghurt etc so I assume its 'no' to all dairy. It's coz they want "flawless skin" :pac:
    Just listened to the Gerry Ryan and Ray Darcy interviews they're really good I think the Gerry Ryan is my favourite, it was insightful :cool: lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Rb wrote: »

LOL, I didn't realise this was a link for a moment.....thought it was just some random sentence bout Jedward!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Is it just me or have they only been showing ads for xfactor since Jedward got the boot???

I hadn't seen an ad for the show till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Apparently song choices for this week:

Stacey Solomon
    Something About The Way You Look Tonight by Elton John
    Rule The World by Take That

Joe McElderry
    Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Elton John
    Could It Be Magic by Take That

Lloyd Daniels
    I'm Still Standing by Elton John
    A Million Love Songs by Take That

Danyl Johnson
    Your Song by Elton John
    Relight My Fire by Take That

Olly Murs
    Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting by Elton John
    Love Ain't Here Anymore by Take That

I don't know if I can sit and watch Danyl massacre another two songs through not using the melody of the song at all. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Does that mean
    Take That
    and
    Elton John
    might be on the show this weekend? I know it was hinted yesterday that
    Elton John
    would be anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Apparently song choices for this week:

Stacey Solomon
    Something About The Way You Look Tonight by Elton John
    Rule The World by Take That

Joe McElderry
    Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Elton John
    Could It Be Magic by Take That

Lloyd Daniels
    I'm Still Standing by Elton John
    A Million Love Songs by Take That

Danyl Johnson
    Your Song by Elton John
    Relight My Fire by Take That

Olly Murs
    Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting by Elton John
    Love Ain't Here Anymore by Take That

I don't know if I can sit and watch Danyl massacre another two songs through not using the melody of the song at all. :rolleyes:

Based on those song choices, Olly is going to be in the bottom two again.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

MAB83 wrote: »
    Does that mean
    Take That
    and
    Elton John
    might be on the show this weekend? I know it was hinted yesterday that
    Elton John
    would be anyway.

They might be mentoring, but I doubt there would be time for them to preform. Sure, Alicia Keys and Rihanna are on Sunday.
    Kippy wrote:
    Based on those song choices, Olly is going to be in the bottom two again.

Hopefully Danyl is. But yeah, not great choices for Olly at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Isn't Danyl supposed to be dancing this week? that should be interesting :rolleyes: Also really hope Olly does well this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think they're very bad choices for Olly. But I think he'll be safe...his fans will be out in force after last week. Remember, there's no sing-off this week so whoever has the fewest votes is gonzo. Either Lloyd or Danyl I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Just when you thought the show couldn’t get any bigger, take a deep breath and prepare yourselves for two pop-tastic appearances from the latest queen of kook, Lady Gaga and the legendary Janet Jackson...
    The two industry titans have confirmed that they are to perform live and exclusively on Sunday 6th December.
    The show will feature Ms. Jackson’s only UK performance of 2009 and Lady Gaga’s first ever performance of her latest single Bad Romance on UK television… consider yourselves privileged people!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz wrote: »
    take a deep breath and prepare yourselves
    ** inhales **

• Advertisement

Im still deliberating if Im going to watch this tomorrow or not. Its just really not going to be the same :( Ollie and Lloyd are going to be fair boring to I'd expect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

deise_girl wrote: »
    ...Lloyd ...going to be fair boring to I'd expect.

I wouldn't expect it - I'd be damn sure of it! :pac:
    Just when you thought the show couldn’t get any bigger, take a deep breath and prepare yourselves for two pop-tastic appearances from the latest queen of kook, Lady Gaga and the legendary Janet Jackson...

Jeasus... talk about dragging the bottom of the barrel!
    After having the legends called "Queen" then to go to "Lady Gaga" - at least they have one thing in common.
    One lot sings about "Gaga" - the other one IS GAGA!

Jaysus bad predictions from me this week if those song choices are true, oh well, at least I got
    Rule the World
    and
    Could It Be Magic
    for Stacey and Joe respectively correct. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

The two industry titans have confirmed that they are to perform live and exclusively on Sunday 6th December.
    The show will feature Ms. Jackson’s only UK performance of 2009 and Lady Gaga’s first ever performance of her latest single Bad Romance on UK television… consider yourselves privileged people!

Titans? I wouldn't exactly call Lady Gaga a titan.. She's been well known for what.. a year? Year and a half max.. She's terrible and I hope she won't be around for much longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RABTMOUSE

Joe hasn't put a foot wrong since the show started- he genuinely deserves to win.
    I'd like to see Stacey win as well because she'd so mental, she has a beautiful voice and I'm a sucker for those good old 'rise to the occasion' tales:)
    Danyl's a v talented singer but he annoys me slightly, I'm not sure why- I like to think (for my own sake) that it's not because he's middle class- But can anyone help me out by suggesting another reason why Danyl's annoying??

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

RABTMOUSE wrote: »
    Danyl's a v talented singer but he annoys me slightly, I'm not sure why- I like to think (for my own sake) that it's not because he's middle class- But can anyone help me out by suggesting another reason why Danyl's annoying??

:confused::confused::confused:

What are you talking about "middle class?" From the way he speaks or what? I'd say Joe, Olly, Lloyd are probably all middle class too. If there are people who actually don't like him because they are begrudging over his background, then I'd say it's the minority. I personally don't like him because I don't actually like the sound of his voice, I don't like to look at him, and I think he's a bit of a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

RABTMOUSE wrote: »
    Joe hasn't put a foot wrong since the show started- he genuinely deserves to win.
    I'd like to see Stacey win as well because she'd so mental, she has a beautiful voice and I'm a sucker for those good old 'rise to the occasion' tales:)

A very talented singer? You must be having a laugh.. He just has this horrendous shriek that he does in the songs and it sounds awful.. Joe has an outstanding voice, Danyl however does not and it amazes me how he got this far, Simon would bury him if he was someone elses act. I hope to god he goes Sunday night. Lloyd may be crap but he doesn't annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

is this still on?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

zuroph wrote: »
    is this still on?!

Two more long weeks left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Do i watch or not tonight!!!!
    Will be sitting waiting for the twins to come on.........do i really want that disappointment in my life!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement