Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭brainy_neuron

Grr I hate waiting for Xtra factor (don't have ITV2), don't like I'm a celebrity (apart from Ant n Dec). When is IAC over? Is there one week or two weeks left?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Fact is they were the best of the groups, they got the furthest of the lot. And the other 3 groups that didnt get through were fair bad.. It was a bad year for the groups this was.

I think they should have came third. I mean third normally goes to the person who splits te public (same difference, eoghan quigg) it just would have worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Alicat wrote: »
    Not really, I didn't watch the X-Factor for them, I was looking for people with talent. Sure it was fun to laugh at the two idiots while they were there but it went past a joke.

Absolutely delighted they're gone.

And what if we missed someone really good by letting those two in? A lot of times an act I didn't really notice that much going through the auditions will just suddenly come alive for me halfway through the live shows, they find their place, like Alexandra last year. We could have missed someone fantastic.

AND you didn't answer my question

Jesus girl, calm down! it's only a show. I'm only having a laugh... (and i didnt even notice the question through your huge rant!!!:rolleyes:)

why so serious!!!??

Well I'm not a singer so I wouldnt really know. Leon won, got nowhere, yet people still audition :confused:. Same with that Steve one. (you'll prob argue about that though.. dont bother, i know what you'll say LOL :P)

John & Edward are brilliant craic :D. I wouldn't care who we missed. They have dreams too! Just because they aren't your taste doesn't mean that its wrong that they should win the show.
    Prefer them to win the show over anyone at the moment. Their concerts would be/will be epic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

deise_girl wrote: »
    Fact is they were the best of the groups, they got the furthest of the lot. And the other 3 groups that didnt get through were fair bad.. It was a bad year for the groups this was.

I think they should have came third. I mean third normally goes to the person who splits te public (same difference, eoghan quigg) it just would have worked out.

I thought Ms Frank would have been good. But if they had stayed on Jedward woul have gone earlier and we might'd have seen the genius that was 'under pressure- ice ice baby'. Defo my favourite Jedward performance - what was yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Grr I hate waiting for Xtra factor (don't have ITV2), don't like I'm a celebrity (apart from Ant n Dec). When is IAC over? Is there one week or two weeks left?

one more week left :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Jesus girl, calm down! it's only a show. I'm only having a laugh... (and i didnt even notice the question through your huge rant!!!:rolleyes:)

why so serious!!!??

Well I'm not a singer so I wouldnt really know. Leon won, got nowhere, yet people still audition :confused:. Same with that Steve one.

John & Edward are brilliant craic :D. I wouldn't care who we missed. They have dreams too! Just because they aren't your taste doesn't mean that its wrong that they should win the show.
    Prefer them to win the show over anyone at the moment. Their concerts would be/will be epic! :D

There wasn't an ounce of anger or frustration in either of my posts :confused: I'm sitting perfectly calm here watching Ghostbusters.

Leon wasn't a joke, he had talent. He was no superstar though and that was why he didn't get very far after the show. And steve turned out to be a bitter bitter man. I thought Tabby should have won that year anyway!

I have no problem with Jedward winning a competition, but I certainly don't think it should have been X-Factor. I'm not trying to begrudge them anything, I couldn't help laughing at them on the Toy Show last night, they seem like sweet kids but I just think the X-Factor is the wrong show for them.

dolliemix wrote: »
    I thought Ms Frank would have been good. But if they had stayed on Jedward woul have gone earlier and we might'd have seen the genius that was 'under pressure- ice ice baby'. Defo my favourite Jedward performance - what was yours?

Rock DJ was epic :D.
    Loved them all.

-Rock DJ
    -Oops I did it again
    -She Bangs
    -We will rock you
    -Ghostbusters (Rock Dj-Sing off)
    -Under Pressure/Ice Ice Baby
    -I'm Your Man (No Matter What : sing off)

Ask me to name songs sang by others in previous week.. I probably couldn't name one! :P Even this weeks songs are gone blank in my head now! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Right,
    Seriously people,
    Jedward on the late late was cringeworthy, jumping around, doing backflips, talking nonsense....
    To be fair, they werent that good on x factor, made it more interesting all right, but not that good.
    I am sure these guys will make a lot of money somehow but they really arent THAT talented and I suspect if the late late was a sign of their entertainment value, they will have limited opportunities presenting on TV.
    Kids do seem to love them though.

Moving on,

Joe should win this hands down. Followed closely by Stacey.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They weren't jumping around talking nonsense on the Late Late, they were
    having the craic, being lads, being fun, being energetic and entertaining.
    Why is that when actual talent comes along, we cannot see it.

There wasn't an ounce of anger or frustration in either of my posts :confused: I'm sitting perfectly calm here watching Ghostbusters.

Leon wasn't a joke, he had talent. He was no superstar though and that was why he didn't get very far after the show.

I have no problem with Jedward winning a competition, but I certainly don't think it should have been X-Factor. I'm not trying to begrudge them anything, I couldn't help laughing at them on the Toy Show last night, they seem like sweet kids but I just think the X-Factor is the wrong show for them.

I could name a few things that made it out to me that you were taking the show very seriously from your posts.. but maybe I just took it the wrong way so.

they made this show watchable for many people this year. Did you not find this show abit boring tonight?
    So you don't miss them even a tiny tiny tiny bit? :D

And X-factor isn't about singing anymore (well not like it used to be). It's about popularity, entertainment, likeability... the fights between the judges! :D

• Advertisement

Definitely hands down the Halloween night rock fest! Can't remember which song it was but they were all Goth-ed up, absolutely best performance from them :D

Rock DJ was epic :D.
    Loved them all.

-Rock DJ
    -Oops I did it again
    -She Bangs
    -We will rock you
    -Ghostbusters (Rock Dj-Sing off)
    -Under Pressure/Ice Ice Baby
    -I'm Your Man (No Matter What : sing off)

Ask me to name songs sang by others in previous week.. I probably couldn't name one! :P Even this weeks songs are gone blank in my head now! :o

Yeah actually - 'Oops I did it again' is when I became a true fan. I remember thinking fair play to them for coming out in the red PVC suits

Definitely hands down the Halloween night rock fest! Can't remember which song it was but they were all Goth-ed up, absolutely best performance from them :D

'We will rock you'

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think Ice Ice baby was their finest performance, and Queen week was very good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Queen week and ironically last week were the performances I thought they did decent in.

kippy wrote: »
    Right,
    Seriously people,
    Jedward on the late late was cringeworthyamazing, jumping around, doing backflips, talking funny nonsense....
    To be fair, they werent that good on x factor, made it more interesting all right, but not that good.
    I am sure these guys will make a lot of money somehow but they really arent THAT talented and I suspect if the late late was a sign of their entertainment value, they will have unlimited opportunities presenting on TV.
    KidsEveryone do seem to love them though.
    FYP

She Bangs!!The dancing was legendary :D
    Rock Dj
    Under Pressure/Ice ice Baby
    No Matter What
    Rock Dj (bottom 2)
    Im your Man
    EDIT: Forgot Ghostbusters
    Opps I did it again
    We Will Rock You
    But I still loved we will rock you.. These would be in my top 10 performances of the x factor this year :) With Joes Where do broken hearts go and circle of life

we should rename this thread the john and edward chat place.. blerugh

I could name a few things that made it out to me that you were taking the show very seriously from your posts.. but maybe I just took it the wrong way so.

they made this show watchable for many people this year. Did you not find this show abit boring tonight?
    So you don't miss them even a tiny tiny tiny bit? :D

And X-factor isn't about singing anymore (well not like it used to be). It's about popularity, entertainment, likeability... the fights between the judges! :D

Ah I never said I wasn't being serious, of course I'm being serious. If I was having fun, or 'the craic' I'd rip the crap outa the twins, no holds barred. I'm trying to be fair, and I don't want to be cruel about them.

Nope, didn't miss them one bit. I was starting to feel really really sorry for the talented singers who were being over-shadowed by those clowns.

And if the show is about "popularity, entertainment, likeability" then why is the prize still a recording contract? It's so hypocritical. Either they want a good singer or a pair of goons. If they want the goons that's fine by me, I just wish they'd decide.

emo!! wrote: »
    we should rename this thread the john and edward chat place.. blerugh

Don't you go complaining you're a Jedward fan girl. ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My fave Jed performance is a toss up between We Will Rock You and Ghostbusters. I love how they turn into the characters in their shows, these two blond bouncy kids coming out as gothed up rock stars giving tough looks to the camera and crowd surfing. I love when one goes *Rock you huh!* and throws a shape at the crowd. :D So cute!

Ghostbusters was epic! I have NEVER seen anything like it on stage. So much going on and it was hilarious. The car, the marshmallow man, the suits, the electrocution... AMAZING!!

Oh, I miss them so much :( I didn't watch X Factor tonight in protest. Loyal forever to the Jedlords *salutes*

• Advertisement

So much talk of Jedward simply because......
    John and Edward are the X Fcator.
    /Thread

Actually who was that Jenny one?? Ringing in twce lol. And why is everyone always having a go at Louis, the only judge that speaks sense imo. If Louis was ever to go, I seriously am finished with X Factor.

Now /thread

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Don't you go complaining you're a Jedward fan girl. ;):p
    I know, but like i want to talk about tonights preformances !! *throws toys outta pram*

I know, but like i want to talk about tonights preformances !! *throws toys outta pram*

*sigh*

I know, if only your fellow fanboys/girls would listen to ya. :( :pac:

There there Emo!

Now, who would you like to talk about? :)

Ah I never said I wasn't being serious, of course I'm being serious. If I was having fun, or 'the craic' I'd rip the crap outa the twins, no holds barred. I'm trying to be fair, and I don't want to be cruel about them.

Nope, didn't miss them one bit. I was starting to feel really really sorry for the talented singers who were being over-shadowed by those clowns.

And if the show is about "popularity, entertainment, likeability" then why is the prize still a recording contract? It's so hypocritical. Either they want a good singer or a pair of goons. If they want the goons that's fine by me, I just wish they'd decide.

Public decides who wins, based on popularity, likeability, entertainment (singing comes into it abit to, i guess & looks). Yes the prize is a recording contract but Simon didn't keep John & Edward against Lucie for nothing. Lloyd isn't in it because he's got a spectacular voice either.

Love the way you call them idiots and clowns and then say "they seem like sweet boys" :P LOL!
    Its your opinion on them and that's grand but I dont wanna argue (or debate. whatevz you wanna see it as..) anymore.

Ok.... ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Can someone tell me what their "TALENT" is?
    They are not great singers, their dancing is pathetic.
    I really cant see what sets them apart from any two random young people, if you gave them the same airtime these guys get.

It's totally possible to be a slightly endearing idiot :P

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    *sigh*

I know, if only your fellow fanboys/girls would listen to ya. :( :pac:

I know :pac:!
    There there Emo!

Now, who would you like to talk about? :)

Everyone else :P

Bottom two will be interesting this week, just cant call it bar Llyod

I know :pac:!

Everyone else :P

Bottom two will be interesting this week, just cant call it bar Llyod

Gas thing is he could totally survive though!

I dunno what the public are thinking anymore :rolleyes:

I just hope to God Danyl's in the bottom two

• Advertisement

Boo to kippy!! We all admit that they can't sing or dance v well but they are entertaining unlike Danyl who yes can sing but has no personality or stage presence. Jedward were different and I looked forward each week to seeing what they were going to sing and what they were going to do on stage. Not many people actually wanted them to win but maybe stay till the last three or four.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement