Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

kippy wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what their "TALENT" is?
    They are not great singers, their dancing is pathetic.
    I really cant see what sets them apart from any two random young people, if you gave them the same airtime these guys get.

Funny is a talent right? Their stamina and willingness to bite off way more than they can chew are admirable. Their gymnastics are amazing and they can run fast. And um... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

emo!! wrote: »

Bottom two will be interesting this week, just cant call it bar Llyod

Lloyd and Danyl.

It has to be!

Although Lloyd refuses to budge from the show!:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Stupid peoples panel.. What is Lloyds appeal? I dont really see how he has the teenage girl vote.
    What way does he pernounce "later"??
    And still feel this "Im still standing" is a dig.
    God I need councelling, to get over this Jedward going, Lloyd staying thing..

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    My fave Jed performance is a toss up between We Will Rock You and Ghostbusters. I love how they turn into the characters in their shows, these two blond bouncy kids coming out as gothed up rock stars giving tough looks to the camera and crowd surfing. I love when one goes *Rock you huh!* and throws a shape at the crowd. :D So cute!

Ghostbusters was epic! I have NEVER seen anything like it on stage. So much going on and it was hilarious. The car, the marshmallow man, the suits, the electrocution... AMAZING!!

Oh, I miss them so much :( I didn't watch X Factor tonight in protest. Loyal forever to the Jedlords *salutes*
    Kinda random but they're not naturally blonde :P You can see roots every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Alicat wrote: »
    Gas thing is he could totally survive though!

I dunno what the public are thinking anymore :rolleyes:

I just hope to God Danyl's in the bottom two
    it cause loads of young girls love him are voting for them in there thousands!!

Hmm i do like Danyl... he is kinda like marmite, you either love him or hate him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I really cant see what sets them apart from any two random young people, if you gave them the same airtime these guys get.

Their personality did it for me. They were so fun, so nice to everyone, so entertaining.
    They were hard workers (you could see that from their performances) and really gave us a show even in this dull year of xfactor.
    They came out with a smile on their faces every week even after all the boos, the bad press, the criticism.
    And even when they got voted off the show, they were showing admiration for Olly.
    They are different to normal 18 year old guys as well. Who has the guts to say they like Britney Spears and The Backstreet Boys :D!?? Fair Play! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭brainy_neuron

Lloyd and Danyl.

It has to be!

Although Lloyd refuses to budge from the show!:P

Would love that to happen, with LLoyd to go this week, unfortunately I have a bad feeling that one of the favourites will go bcos there is no sing off and no (proper) bottom two, so no-one can be saved. I hope hope hope that Joe or Ollie don't go instead of stuupid lloyd.

X factor were desperate for rateings.
    They got Jedward back on it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And the others are great singers?:confused:

Jedward aren't great singers or dancers, their talent is in their very simple presence. You cannot train for it or hope for it. They are natural entertainers with such an amazing outlook, energy and fun. It's actually quite rare, yet you say you cannot see what sets them apart from any two random people.

So, get me two random people who can capture so many peoples imagination.

They have the X Factor in spades, the judges cannot see it, apart
    from Louis. They are a promoters dream and their success and how
    they have conducted themselves week in and week out is testament
    to their talent. You tell me any act who ever put in the effort that
    those two did in the history of the show.

You honestly cannot see that what they have done for the 6
    weeks is absolute magic?

What did Jedward in was jealousy and begrudgery'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jesus just watching the Xtra Factor now, it's like a lost cause trying to get a coherent interview out of Stacey. Then again, Susan Boyle is a bit of a train wreck herself at interviews and it doesn't impede her progress.

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Kinda random but they're not naturally blonde :P You can see roots every so often.

No they are blond! And X factor dyed their hair brown at the sides. Well thats what they said in diary 1 and showed a family school photo with their brother and they're all blond.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Jesus just watching the Xtra Factor now, it's like a lost cause trying to get a coherent interview out of Stacey. Then again, Susan Boyle is a bit of a train wreck herself at interviews and it doesn't impede her progress.

I'm telling you, she is quite simply the most irritating entrant ever.

Like, 5 mins at the start was okay, but ****ing 7 weeks later and still that
    "retarded" and forced way of going on. It has to hurt. She should be muted unless for singing

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    No they are blond! And X factor dyed their hair brown at the sides. Well thats what they said in diary 1 and showed a family school photo with their brother and they're all blond.
    But sometimes where theyre hair is gelled up you can see the underneath roots is darker.. I will look into it Lol
    But it doesnt matter how dark the hair was when theyre a baby. When me and my brother and sisters were babies(weird that it was all of us) we had really fair hair then when different ones got older my little sister was 6, her fair got darker and is now brown.

But I will look into it :D I dont like having incorrect Jedward knowledge!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

walshb wrote: »

You honestly cannot see that what they have done for the 6
    weeks is absolute magic?

What did Jedward in was jealousy and begrudgery'.

Or maybe people just didn't like it? :confused: That not a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I really don't understand the whole "cocky" Danyl thing - I never saw that side of him, if it exists, and I think he's confident and rightly so, because he's awesome. There's no way he'll win it though, unfortunately.
    I do think that Olly is cocky, but having said that, he is really good. Not the strongest vocally, but I can see him in the final.
    I think Stacey was a bit dodgy tonight but there's no doubt that she'll be in the top 3 - "girl power" and all that :rolleyes:

Joe = The winner. No doubt about it. I mean, how easy would he be to work with? He just smiles :D They're all pushing him to win this and I think it'll work.

And yeah, Lloyd should have gone home 6 weeks ago - so please, this week? Finally?!

But all of that doesn't really matter because my Saturday night was empty without Jedward!! :(:(:(

I think Lloyd should have left before Kandi Rain :eek: Yup I said it!

Alicat wrote: »
    Or maybe people just didn't like it? :confused: That not a possibility?

Of course, taste is very subjective I suppose. I actually know
    people who think Mary Coughlan is good:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Of course, taste is very subjective I suppose. I actually know
    people who think Mary Coughlan is good:confused:

That's just sick :p

Just a random comment here... Did anyone notice last week that Stacey goes to Havering College?

Havering: To talk nonsense/chatter :D:D:D

Olly one the other hand goes to Braintree College. Hmm.

I'm telling you, she is quite simply the most irritating entrant ever.

Like, 5 mins at the start was okay, but ****ing 7 weeks later and still that
    "retarded" and forced way of going on. It has to hurt. She should be muted unless for singing

I'm getting slightly suspicious because in the VT's she seems to keep it together, yet when she's live she's the "cute jabbering ditz".

• Advertisement

I'm getting slightly suspicious because in the VT's she seems to keep it together, yet when she's live she's the "cute jabbering ditz".
    really dont think its an act, cause when the did the family protrait bit on the xtra factor, her sister speaks and acts the exact same way... think thats just them!

Only now?

I have been saying this from the start, when she wants to, she can damn well
    talk properly. I woudn't be surprised at all if she was being encouraged to play it up. I find nothing about it comfortable or endearing. It's quite weird and embarrassing, and must be much worse to be in her company when she's spewing out that sh!t.

Gareth Gates has a stutter, but lets be honest, he played it up big time
    for the sympath vote. With Stacy, how could anyone find that a sympathetic or
    endearing quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,245 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lloyd and danyl will be the bottom 2.

no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

and lloyd had better be the one to go.

useless and dim.

a bit like his mentor.

really dont think its an act, cause when the did the family protrait bit on the xtra factor, her sister speaks and acts the exact same way... think thats just them!

That's true and I saw that, I remember thinking how uncanny the likeness was! :D
    Only now?

I have been saying this from the start, when she wants to, she can damn well
    talk properly. I woudn't be surprised at all if she was being encouraged to play it up. I find nothing about it comfortable or endearing. It's quite weird and embarrassing, and must be much worse to be in her company when she's spewing out that sh!t.

I wouldn't be surprised either if she was told to enhance her behaviour. But it's getting grating, I'm surprised that it hasn;t backfired on her yet. The Brits must like that behaviour. :p
    Gareth Gates has a stutter, but lets be honest, he played it up big time
    for the sympath vote. With Stacy, how could anyone find that a sympathetic or
    endearing quality?

I think if you take the other end of the extreme, the alleged arrogance of Danyl, one can see why she's popular with the audience. She comes across as an innocent girl with no misplaced notions of grandeur where as Danyl is portrayed as the bloke who thinks he's won it already. It's not an endearing quality at all. The media really screwed him over.

http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/player/default.asp?s=14&e=115704
    New interview :)

Oh and I used this postcode, coz we're not in Uk(well im not) NW11 7QZ

meow!! :pac:

sure they aint any bottom two anymore ... or are they?

deise_girl wrote: »
    http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/player/default.asp?s=14&e=115704
    New interview :)

Oh and I used this postcode, coz we're not in Uk(well im not) NW11 7QZ
    whats the interview of??

whats the interview of??
    Just John and Edward talking, cant say its the most intresting but its quite long. They sound tired or something it in.

ah .. im actually all john and edwarded out for the evening!

• Advertisement

ah .. im actually all john and edwarded out for the evening!
    Its almost quite serious, doesnt have the same amount of humour. So its not really for when your only half wanting to listen to them.

Heard theyre playing a gig in Scotland or somewhere tonight. Hope its going well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement