Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

its boring without jedward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Man Cheryl's a crap judge. She picks bad choices for her guys and is a broken record with her "I know how hard it is to __________ and you did it really well and I'm so proud of you *thumbs up*" being the ONLY bit of advice she gives. Louis makes me laugh! Danii has really won me over recently. She gives very good criticism-points out in a non demeaning way what they're doing wrong and gives advice on how to improve it.

I love the way this has turned into an "I love John and Edward" thread! I think its now 500 pages of that and 70 pages of everything else.

And in a weird "I'm way older then all of them so I'll just say I'm talking from when I was 14" but I think the only thing keeping in Lloyd is his looks but I thought the twins were way better looking and seemed more fun. And I think no matter what they do, whether it be tv or anything they'll make it much further.

I'd like Joe to win. His voice blows me away

I just watched Jedward on the Late Late. They made me laugh so much!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I just noticed now, why do Dannii and Louis keep switching seats?
    I know Louis always sat on the edge but around week 5 Dannii was told to but they have swapped in many shows in the meantime..
    Must be abit of arguing going on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Simon always sits on the right - and the chavtastic bint beside him. The other two could sit on top of each other and nobody would even notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

deise_girl wrote: »
    I just noticed now, why do Dannii and Louis keep switching seats?
    I know Louis always sat on the edge but around week 5 Dannii was told to but they have swapped in many shows in the meantime..
    Must be abit of arguing going on...

Or maybe it's mind games. Louis has to sit on the edge because he's got no acts left. Followed by Danni with one, Cheryl with two and Simon with two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

MetroGnome Lloyd: 'I've been in the bottom two TWICE, there's no second chances'

<3 Lloyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Crap an all as xfactor is in producing over hyped manufactured ****e its a testament to Jedward that they dominate every thread made about xfactor.

I, like a lot of people, started off hating the 2 upstarts but ended up watching every saturday through my fingers like a horror show to see what they would come up with. Now I love them.

To all those who say it is a singing competition fair enough. The twins couldn't sing. Its called the X factor. The twins have the X factor. That intangible something. The others do not. Bland inoffensive elevator music making machines is all they are. Once again it will be proved that the runner ups to x factor will do better than the actual winner. (Unless Joe wins. He might actually do well for himself)

I didn't watch it last night and might keep a lookout for the results tonight. Even though I knew the twins couldn't (and shouldn't) have won I'd say ratings dropped a lot cos they are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Heckler wrote: »
    Once again it will be proved that the runner ups to x factor will do better than the actual winner.

It won't be down to them doing well in the music industry though. They will be the big success story of this year I'm sure, but that will be down to TV, endorsements, merchandise etc etc. At the end of the day, the object of this show is to win a recording contract, whichever way you look at it that's what the show is about.

I don't understand this "X Factor is intangible talk" as to me it's pretty straight forward; someone who has the X Factor can not only sing but can put on a fantastic performance. The all round performance shoud just have an overall wow factor. Alexandra Burke to date is the most worthy of the title. If you want pure entertainment then I suggest you watch Britain's Got Talent and not The X Factor.

eh....you just made my point. Its not just about singing but about putting on a good performance. Can you honestly say that Lloyd, Danyl, Olly and the annoying one actually put on a good show ? No they don't. They are fine singers but have the on stage personality of a slapped ass. They have the combined charisma of a cockroach.

Theres a reason why everybody is still talking about Jedward. They can't sing but they have......dare i say it....................

Figure it out for yourself.

P.S. Please don't be "suggesting" stuff to me. It's very condesending. Like i'm not worthy of commenting unfavourably on something you like.

P.S.S. Didn't mean to include Lloyd there. He can't sing worth a damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

eh....you just made my point. Its not just about singing but about putting on a good performance.

But you see I said it's about singing and performing. For all the entertaining performances they put on it will ultimately get them nowhere in the music industry. You put them along side Alexandra Burke and it's painfully obvious which one has the X Factor in the music industry.
    Can you honestly say that Lloyd, Danyl, Olly and the annoying one actually put on a good show ? No they don't. They are fine singers but have the on stage personality of a slapped ass. They have the combined charisma of a cockroach.

Just last night I said on here that I couldn't give a flying you know what about who wins because they are all pretty useless. That doesn't take away from the show though, at the end of the day it has still produced stars such as Burke and Lewis. That is the true object of the show, to find those stars (and of course to line Cowell's pockets).
    Theres a reason why everybody is still talking about Jedward. They can't sing but they have......dare i say it....................

As I said, I know they are going to be the true winners of the show, too bad what they do won't end up having any relevance whatsoever to what the show is all about. Welcome back Jedward to.......showcase you TV presenting skills!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Their personality did it for me. They were so fun, so nice to everyone, so entertaining.
    They were hard workers (you could see that from their performances) and really gave us a show even in this dull year of xfactor.
    They came out with a smile on their faces every week even after all the boos, the bad press, the criticism.
    And even when they got voted off the show, they were showing admiration for Olly.
    They are different to normal 18 year old guys as well. Who has the guts to say they like Britney Spears and The Backstreet Boys :D!?? Fair Play! :D

Hard workers, gutsy, smiley, showed admiration for others, funny but not in a comedian way.
    Still not seeing the talent.
    People "liked" them because they were different to the others on the show.
    Different does not equal talent.
    I also think people voted for them to annoy Cowell (even though he doesnt actually care anyway)
    You;ll notice that they ended up in the bottom two when it appeared he was coming round to liking them. Comments he made to influence the voters. All very orchestrated in my opinion, like almost every thing on the show.
    I'll admit I watched the show mostly to see them, but it wasnt because they were talented in any way shape or form, it was to see what they would do that week, what the judges would say, what cowell would say and how they would justify keeping them on another week.
    I personally find them annoying, obvlivious to what is going on around them and more manufactured that any boy/girl band out there.

Like alexandra burke is setting the world on fire :rolleyes:

Thats all we need. Another suckass performer pumping out power ballads for the musicless public to suck up. I'll give it to the teens, They are clueless sheep who do what they are told. Never mind Lloyd doesn't have a note in his head apparently hes pretty enough for millions of 10 year olds who have a mobile to keep him in. The show sucks ass and does not produce long term acts. i.e. 20yr plus. Its a cash cow for mainly Simon Cowell (PSYCO Productions and Simco) who is already worth about 60 million.

On a side note. Susan Boyle came out with her album and sold well. I can't even remember the name of the dance group who won Britians Got Talent. Was it Diversity or the other dance group ? Either way they are hardly blazing a trail..................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Like alexandra burke is setting the world on fire :rolleyes:

Thats all we need. Another suckass performer pumping out power ballads for the musicless public to suck up. I'll give it to the teens, They are clueless sheep who do what they are told. Never mind Lloyd doesn't have a note in his head apparently hes pretty enough for millions of 10 year olds who have a mobile to keep him in. The show sucks ass and does not produce long term acts. i.e. 20yr plus. Its a cash cow for mainly Simon Cowell (PSYCO Productions and Simco) who is already worth about 60 million.

On a side note. Susan Boyle came out with her album and sold well. I can't even remember the name of the dance group who won Britians Got Talent. Was it Diversity or the other dance group ? Either way they are hardly blazing a trail..................
    How can a show in it's 6th year produce 20 year acts :P ?

Leona and Alexandra will be around for a long time

Not to mention winners of sister shows, like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Will Young, and many other subordinates

If you dont like the show, dont watch it
    Dont like the music, dont buy it!

Simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Alexandra won't be around for that long tbh, which is mostly down to poor marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Alexandra is hardly a world beater is she. Another ten a penny singer. There's tons of Burke's all over the world; but in the case of Jedward, they truly are unique and different, and damn talented.

Some here are slating them, yet admitting to being glued watching them

Others are saying they are no different than any two other people. I'd like to know who these others are.

Another thing, Jedward aren't the best singers, but they aren't that bad. It's their whole performance that is streets ahead of any act on this show.

It was evident last night, as I turned it oof ater a few mins because it
    was so bland and predictable.

Now, how can some say they are talentless, yet claim that since they have gone, the show is boring?

I really do think it's killing some people to admit that the lads are class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Priapus

Something I want to see if anyone else has noticed....

anyone else surprised at Cheryls attitude towards Louis? She comes across as a narky bitch. Considering she was a nobody before she was selected for Girls Aloud, and I think Louis was a part of that show. Seems a little unthankful and might have become too big for her boots in my opinion. She is always barking like a little toe-rag.

Priapus wrote: »
    Something I want to see if anyone else has noticed....

anyone else surprised at Cheryls attitude towards Louis? She comes across as a narky bitch. Considering she was a nobody before she was selected for Girls Aloud, and I think Louis was a part of that show. Seems a little unthankful and might have become too big for her boots in my opinion. She is always barking like a little toe-rag.
    I agree and yes Louis did help select her. Last year she was the new girl and i really liked her (she was my fave judge) but this year, I think shes showing the real Cheryl and is being quite narky. Her comments are the same each week too. Danyl: Along the lines of "Could have done better" Lloyd: "You have all the teenage girls voting for you" Joe "My little Geordie" etc
    This year has really made me lessen my opinion of her.

And walshb agree with you as always. Your points about John and Edward are always spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

emo!! wrote: »
    Bottom two will be interesting this week, just cant call it bar Llyod
    Alicat wrote: »
    I just hope to God Danyl's in the bottom two
    SlickRic wrote: »
    lloyd and danyl will be the bottom 2.

AFAIK, there isn't any bottom 2 from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Priapus

I think shes showing the real Cheryl and is being quite narky.
    Her comments are the same each week too. Danyl: Along the lines of "Could have done better" Lloyd: "You have all the teenage girls voting for you" Joe "My little Geordie" etc
    This year has really made me lessen my opinion of her.

Hey! I have to agree - we are seeing the real Cheryl. When you are in a band and are doing interview with the band you can turn on the charm and make sure (or at least try) to be as nice as pie. But the live format and the competitive nature of the programme we are getting to see the real Cheryl. And I can't stand her now. I cannot take her seriously. She has the least credibility as a judge. She is only in the industry...what 6 years or something. Simon and Louis have been doing it for years and she is being a cheeky whipper-snapper to them.

Also I agree about her comments. They are very on the fence. She rarely makes constructive comments regarding the singing, never remarks on such things as pitch, key, melody etc.

Rant over. hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

walshb wrote: »
    Alexandra is hardly a world beater is she. Another ten a penny singer. There's tons of Burke's all over the world; but in the case of Jedward, they truly are unique and different, and damn talented.

Some here are slating them, yet admitting to being glued watching them

Others are saying they are no different than any two other people. I'd like to know who these others are.

Another thing, Jedward aren't the best singers, but they aren't that bad. It's their whole performance that is streets ahead of any act on this show.

It was evident last night, as I turned it oof ater a few mins because it
    was so bland and predictable.

Now, how can some say they are talentless, yet claim that since they have gone, the show is boring?

I really do think it's killing some people to admit that the lads are class
    "Their" whole performance usually consisted of:
    1. Multiple dancers in mad costumes.
    2. Props.
    3. Pyrotechnics.
    4. Very loud backing singing and music.
    5. A set of twins that cant really sing that well.
    6. A set of twins that couldnt actually dance that well either.

I think people are finding it hard to admit that they dont actually have any talent.
    If Simon Cowell was on their side from the start they wouldnt have done nearly as well. Thats a fact.
    Walshb, can you again tell me what their talent is?
    They made a singing competition that bit more interesting cos they peed off the creator of the show and they very plainly were the worst singers and dancers on it...
    Now, plenty acts out there have members that cant sing or dance, yet they all have a least one good singer.
    Fair play to them for getting out and up there, but they themselves would probably be first to admit that they dont actually have the talent needed to do well in the music industry.

• Advertisement

Look at it this way then. If you were to get Lloyd, Danyl, Stacey, Ollie and Joe to do exactly what John and Edward did (same choreography, songs, outfits etc) do you honestly think they could have done it better than John and Edward?? Its just their stage presence that wins people over, as cheesy as it sounds they own the stage. They have the likability.
    Also I dont think theyre singing is that bad. I was listening to Miley Cyrus live just now and although I like her she is not very good at singing either, its her accent drawling out the whole time, but I still like her.

I think it is fair to say that alot of the chart singers at the moment arent the greatest of singers but people buy their cds more for their like of the person/group rather than the song itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

kippy wrote: »
    ...but they themselves would probably be first to admit that they dont actually have the talent needed to do well in the music industry.

Aaa... I don't think so! LOL
    See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1231819/Crowds-lap-Jedward-strut-stuff-GAY.html

zl3m9t.jpg

4sgzcy.jpg

They had two gigs last night. Was watching clips seemed to have went well for them :) I cant help but worry after today will they be forgotten about for a while, and all the attention go to whoever leaves tonight. Well if lloyd leaves nobody will care im sure, but if its Ollie or Danyl or someone.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/11/29/twins-peaking-115875-21858419/
    Just found this. So they have options of being singers, presenting, having an autobiography, doing adverts and modelling. Think I listed everything :P

Theyre on channel 4 right now
    They said two lines and went..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They had two gigs last night. Was watching clips seemed to have went well for them :) I cant help but worry after today will they be forgotten about for a while, and all the attention go to whoever leaves tonight. Well if lloyd leaves nobody will care im sure, but if its Ollie or Danyl or someone.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/11/29/twins-peaking-115875-21858419/
    Just found this. So they have options of being singers, presenting, having an autobiography, doing adverts and modelling. Think I listed everything :P
    Whoever leave tonight WILL get the usual round of interviews for the next day or two. Only to be expected and part of the PR show process.

There is more PR life long term in the two boys though and a lot of media insiders know this and thus will stick with them for the present future.
    wait and see.
    You will still be reading about "Jedward" for months at least and more...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What I want to happen tonight.

1- Joe
    2- Olly
    3- Stacey
    4- Danyl
    5- Lloyd

What will probably happen

1- Joe
    2- Lloyd
    3- Olly
    4- Stacey
    5- Danyl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

so is it simply the one with the least votes goes tonight? no sing-off or anything? hope danyl/lloyd goes.

df1985 wrote: »
    so is it simply the one with the least votes goes tonight? no sing-off or anything? hope danyl/lloyd goes.
    Yup. But the person that leaves sings one of yesterdays songs, for a goodbye kinda thing. Well I assume they will, they did last year.

I wouldnt be surprised if Lloyd stays at this stage and I dont really care. I don't know at times I absolutely hate him and his mentor and dont want him in the competition at all but then I feel kinda bad and he is only 16, hes not voting for himself etc He seems an annoying kind of person though..

Group performance will be severly lacking John and Edward and its "I Dont Feel like Dancing" they would have loved it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I realise Joe is an amazing singer but he has no personality, no star quality. I couldn't see him doing well (as a pop star) after the show ends.

I think Olly will be the biggest star out of the show. He reminds me of Robbie Williams but I think he is unique enough to make it big.

I still want to kick Dannii in the head. She is a super muppet. She reminds me of that naff aunt that everybody has who only uses cheesy lines in conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Joe would be great in musicals :D

I hope Danyl or Joe goes home tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement