Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Enjoyed the teachers performance but overall i hated the new format - the audience takes away a lot of the interaction between the contestants and the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I didn't mind the new format - having an audience there gives singers the opportunity to show they can do more than just sing, so in my opinion it works quite well.
    Cheryl is extra hot this year and I must say Danni is looking a lot better than previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheryl is extra hot this year and I must say Danni more surgically altered than previous seasons.
    FYP! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I hate the live audience much prefer if its only contestants and judges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Prefer the old format, but the new one doesnt bother me soooooo much

But there wont be any kind of escalation for the singers

Its usually:

1. The producers x 2 [Thats the part we never see. You have to get through 2/3 rounds before you go before the judges]

2. The Judges, just the 4 of them

3. Boot Camp: an audience of around 1,000 people

4. Houses [not much goin on there]

5. Live Shows: Huge Crowd + home viewers

Anyways.... I thought Stacey was Brilliant. Well expected her to be good, but not to have that kind of voice. Great song choice too

The teacher is a great singer, but he really put me off, he was cocky! Ugh....

They shoulda gave one episode to each city, didnt like how they flew threw them then ended up back in London
    [Unless this is what they actually did, but doesnt make sense....]

TBH I think the whole stage thing is a recession-buster, get more use out of the BGT stage!

I really liked it the way it was before, it really stood out on its own level

Meh, roll on Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Really don't like the new format, I prefer to make up my own mind about the acts instead of them being completely drowned out by the audience after about five seconds, the weirdos are less funny to watch as well because of the lack of awkward silences and judges stifling their laughter. Talent-wise, I thought only the teacher was good. Hope it picks up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah, the talent doesnt seem so great this year

Will be hard to top last year tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Kinda dissapointed with how contrived the end was with the teacher guy... they tried the old susan boyle factor.

It showed simon after storming off and then returning looking glum as if there was no hope of anyone good coming on that day. And hey presto on comes the teacher to save the day.

Its all great entertainment and I really like the show... but we are being played a little too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Did anyone else notice Simon reaching for a buzzer every so often? :pac:

I really don't like the new format, the backing music makes it feel so cheesey and I hate the audience involvement. It should be about raw talent, not who gets the most cheers or boos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

phasers wrote: »
    It should be about raw talent, not who gets the most cheers or boos.

X factor has always been a popularity contest - not purely about talent. Some decent singers get through but when it comes to the phone votes it's purely a popularity contest. A mate of mine consider X Factor as ruining music - and he has a point to an extent for that reason.

Anyhoo - I actually liked the new format - mainly for the bad auditions :D

Stacey was bloody brilliant - what a voice. The teacher had an OK voice but great entertainer. The two kids from Lucan were very mediocre tbh but got through purely on attitude. They won't get past bootcamp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inspired09

I loved the show last night, although i think i did prefer the previous format. Anyway i really like Stacy the girl from Essex and Daniel at the end did such an amazing performance...cant wait to see more of him :D
    Love the auditions part of this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jimmyq1

Absolutely hate the new format, wont be glued to it like last year. Very disappointing!! Results the next day wont do anything for it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

gerry28 wrote: »
    Kinda dissapointed with how contrived the end was with the teacher guy... they tried the old susan boyle factor.

It showed simon after storming off and then returning looking glum as if there was no hope of anyone good coming on that day. And hey presto on comes the teacher to save the day.

Its all great entertainment and I really like the show... but we are being played a little too.

He does it every year. The show is edited to look like he has endured awful contestants all day. Then he storms off only to coaxed back against his will for the last contestant of the day. Cowell sits down with a face like thunder expecting a crap performance, but then gets "blown away". It happens every year, I think that Cowell thinks we're idiots. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

My tuppence...
    The teacher bloke was OK.. I don't think he'd have gone down as well with the old-style auditions - he commanded the stage well (common with teachers tbh) but didn't think his voice was amazing.

Thought the lad from South Shields doing 'Dance With My Father' was excellent, everyone I was watching it with agreed, even my miserable uncle.

Those lads from Dublin seemed really irritating though - is talking like that normal over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

brummytom wrote: »
    My tuppence...
    The teacher bloke was OK.. I don't think he'd have gone down as well with the old-style auditions - he commanded the stage well (common with teachers tbh) but didn't think his voice was amazing.

Thought the lad from South Shields doing 'Dance With My Father' was excellent, everyone I was watching it with agreed, even my miserable uncle.

Those lads from Dublin seemed really irritating though - is talking like that normal over there?

NO! :D

I get what you are saying about the teacher, I have to admit I was caught up with his charismatic performance. However once you take a step back he didn't do much singing, a lot of the backing track was part of the song. It will be interesting to see what he does next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

LadyJ wrote: »
    Much funnier when it's only the judges at the audition because it's way worse when they all laugh at someone. They won't try to hold it in as much if there's an audience so there won't be any squirming. 4 Nos from me.

Yep, just as I predicted. It's completely shít with an audience and music. I used to love when the judges were cracking up and you could hear them pissing themselves at the crap people. Not the same at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I don't like the new format at all, it sucks :( The whole point of an audition is to sing with no backing track so you can hear the person's voice properly. The teacher Danyl was good but it was more of a performance rather than an audition. I don't think Simon was right in saying it was the best audition ever because you can't compare it to previous auditions since you don't usually have a backing track on other shows.

As for those two twats from Dublin, ugh they are so cocky and annoying, I hope they get booted out of boot camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Some guy from One True Voice is suppose to have got through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Did anyone see the Dwayne Dwibley lookalike on the Xtra Factor? Was he for real?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

boy cherly is fine, but the show is confusing you don't get to many of the people that go through, too much montage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 fantabalous

Does anybody know if there will be a repeat of Saturdays episode of the X factor shown on TV3 anytime during the week! Missed it Saturday :( and ive only been able to watch some audition clips on youtube but I wanna see the full episode! Will there be a repeat anyday??

Thanks in advance:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The new format is brutal, and the show is so scripted this time around, so much so that this thread should be removed from the Reality TV forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭emma82

Hate the new format- seemed really rushed and felt a bit cheated actually!!! Should have done each city seperately like before & let us all enjoy it!

Hated the teacher guy- up his own a*se or what???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Not sure if i liked the new format, it's been said before but it's too much like Britains Got Talent.
    Although I am looking forward to next week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Those 2 dubs were hilarious.

"where do you see yourself in 15 years from now?"
    "Well, I see myself being older."

:pac:

couldn't stop laughing!

Talent-wise, they were alright. But I enjoyed them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yeah i liked them too, they made it more interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

notice that fat cow on it from last year? her and her family are from rawtenstall small place north of bury,the locals call the family the telly tubbies,they buy food from the local supermarkets, eat half of it ,then take it back to say it was bad , and then get a replacement and money back ,untill ASDA put a stop to it,next week the greeter from ASDA rawtenstall is back on andy, we keep on telling him he cannot sing,he keeps trying to serenade all the customers,this time he is on with another who works there .

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Those 2 dubs were hilarious.

"where do you see yourself in 15 years from now?"
    "Well, I see myself being older."

:pac:

couldn't stop laughing!

Talent-wise, they were alright. But I enjoyed them.:D

I thought they were gas too!

"I'm John!"
    "I'm Edward!"
    "And together....we're John and Edward!"

Classic :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I can't believe I'm watching this again this year!

I think the new format of auditions in front of audience is good as it will weed out some (emphasis on some) of the wasters as I'd say a lot of people would be terrified to perform in front of that many people but might manage it if just the judges.

Like the teacher guy & the scruffy looking fella with the beard & slightly rocky voice (I really should find out the names). Don't like the boy from South Shields - voice just isn't my taste, but seems like a good kid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement