Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Olly wasnt in the bottom 2 of the votes - Dermot said on Xtra Factor - i wonder who was??????????

Alicia Keys was great

It was good seeing the Rhyddler again :D i just wish he had said all his comments from the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Read a few weeks back on Digital Spy that Holly is indeed leaving the XtraFactor. Mostly likely being Steven off the Dancing on Ice/ Britain's Got Talent ITV2 Shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

JP Liz wrote: »
    Olly wasnt in the bottom 2 of the votes - Dermot said on Xtra Factor - i wonder who was??????????

i'll volunteer to be swallowed up by his enormous gob if it wasn't Danyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Ya how are people watching 'The Xtra Factor' when I'm A Celeb...(which I completely hate by the way) is on? Isn't I'm A Celeb...on ITV aswell?
    its on ITV2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lfc86

jd007 wrote: »
    Sorry Mam. *Tips hat

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Final: Celebrity performers: Madonna and Beyonce and Ronan Keating

I wonder if they're in for the duets, or just the results show?

I'm sure it'll be typical again with 2 havin UK/IRL bands, and one act [Joe!] havin a big international star

Stacey, Joe + Olly for the final! Danyl GTFO NOWWW!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a189174/x-factor-top-five-performances-draw-123m.html
    Down 740k on last week

Think that says it all. And this when people normally start to watch it, near the end.

Whoes the Stephen that does Strictly?? Is it Mulhern? I really want him to present it next year, hes really funny with BGT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I really hope the show goes back to the way it was before

This big BGT rip-off of a year was a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Again, just spent the first hour in work catching up with this thread...hilarious as ever!

Has anyone heard the Danyl/Lloyd rumours?? Heard from 3 different people this weekend :eek:

Also Cheryl needs to cross/close her legs when she's got a short dress on and is sitting on the Xtra Factor high stools...seriously!! Sometimes I wonder does she realise that there's no front on that desk!
    I think you'll find that every straight, red-blooded male will disagree with you there.

unreggd wrote: »

I love to see Olly and Beyonce perform Single Ladies :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I think you'll find that ever straight, red-blooded male will disagree with you there.

UK's afternoon productivity ruined with replaying xtra-factor on itv player.

Madonna and Beyonce and Ronan Keating

something isn't quite right there.

is it just me or does someone not fit?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

I actually forgot to watch the results show last night.. Only realised this morning when i picked up the paper that i had forgotten.. I think its because jedward is gone and there's no one that really shines out this year as having what it takes to really make it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Forgetting about the ironly of Walsh claiming Lloyd couldnt sing, why were all the other judges supporting him :confused::eek:

He might have had *the look* that young wans will vote for but he couldn't sign for shyte and I'm amazed Walsh was the only one to speak the truth.

Sizzler wrote: »
    Forgetting about the ironly of Walsh claiming Lloyd couldnt sing, why were all the other judges supporting him :confused::eek:

i don't think he ever claimed they could sing.

so for me, there's little irony.

all lloyd has is his looks and his cr*p voice, because he has no stage presence or charisma, so what else could louis do but judge him on that?

at least with Jedward they entertained, divided opinion, and created a buzz.

There are still two more weeks of the competition to go however, Saturday's show saw all of the judges heap praise on 18-year-old Joe McElderry while Stacey Solomon, previously his biggest rival, was branded a 'wedding singer' by Simon Cowell.
    Today's Sun claims that the judges' comments for Joe weren't a coincidence and came after Simon urged them to be extra complimentary about the singer.
    The paper says that Simon's own remaining acts - Olly and Danyl - are unhappy about the favouritism being shown towards their rival. Who can blame them?
    An insider told the paper: "Joe is the winner in Simon's eyes. He's been bigging up Joe when the judges are around.
    "The others are not happy. But the bottom line with Simon is, 'Who will sell records?'"
    It was also reported last week that a song performed by Joe earlier in the series - Journey's Don't Stop Believin' - has been chosen for this year's winner's single.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

JP Liz wrote: »
    There are still two more weeks of the competition to go however, Saturday's show saw all of the judges heap praise on 18-year-old Joe McElderry while Stacey Solomon, previously his biggest rival, was branded a 'wedding singer' by Simon Cowell.
    Today's Sun claims that the judges' comments for Joe weren't a coincidence and came after Simon urged them to be extra complimentary about the singer.
    The paper says that Simon's own remaining acts - Olly and Danyl - are unhappy about the favouritism being shown towards their rival. Who can blame them?
    An insider told the paper: "Joe is the winner in Simon's eyes. He's been bigging up Joe when the judges are around.
    "The others are not happy. But the bottom line with Simon is, 'Who will sell records?'"
    It was also reported last week that a song performed by Joe earlier in the series - Journey's Don't Stop Believin' - has been chosen for this year's winner's single.
    Breaking news-
    Shocker as Cowell is only interested in money..........

Seriously, does anyone on this thread not believe that this show is fixed and that voters/acts are manipulated on a weekly basis in order for
    A. Higher viewing figures in the early stages.
    B. A Winner that the shows creator thinks will maximise revenue in the latter stages.

The whole this is a drama, full of drama but dont foget who is ultimately pulling all those strings.
    As I said before, it was no coincidence that once Cowell started puttin any level of praise on Jedward, they were gone-he knew this would happen.

The guys is super smart, don't forget that and dont get too caught up in the whole circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I wonder if they're in for the duets, or just the results show?

I'm sure it'll be typical again with 2 havin UK/IRL bands, and one act [Joe!] havin a big international star

Stacey, Joe + Olly for the final! Danyl GTFO NOWWW!!!!!

If its for the duets as well, surely Madonna and Beyonce are both big international stars. Agree with your last point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

kippy wrote: »
    Breaking news-
    Shocker as Cowell is only interested in money..........

Seriously, does anyone on this thread not believe that this show is fixed and that voters/acts are manipulated on a weekly basis in order for
    A. Higher viewing figures in the early stages.
    B. A Winner that the shows creator thinks will maximise revenue in the latter stages.

The whole this is a drama, full of drama but dont foget who is ultimately pulling all those strings.
    As I said before, it was no coincidence that once Cowell started puttin any level of praise on Jedward, they were gone-he knew this would happen.

The guys is super smart, don't forget that and dont get too caught up in the whole circus.

Which is why any effort to get any other song to Xmas No.1 will be completely fruitless.

The show is nothing but Cowell's little cash cow, and there's no way he's going to let it slip through his fingers now.

Which is why any effort to get any other song to Xmas No.1 will be completely fruitless.

The show is nothing but Cowell's little cash cow, and there's no way he's going to let it slip through his fingers now.

Exactly.
    He doesnt care what judges act gets through, ultimately they are all his acts.........he'll be getting the revenue no matter who wins.

It really has been a great idea from Cowell. Its nothing more than a singing competition, but with all the added drama, tear jerkers, perceived judges who dont get on, tour afterwards.
    Not only has cowell sown up the Christmas market but in the months leading up to it almost every act thats plays on the results show is in the charts.

In a few years time, theres a good chance in November/December that over half the acts in the charts in the UK are either previous contestants in X factor or judges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

I seen they were in talks with Sir Paul to be one of the performers in the final.Think they are covering themselves each way if they get him as if Olly survives next week they'll do come together(ollies best performance by a mile imo)or if he goes they'll probably get Danyl to do a little help from my friends with Macca.

Yeah i heard the Danyl/Lloyd rumours and its probably not true but nothing would suprise in that house! Would believe the whole olly/stacey thing was a cover up for it though as there is no way they are together! A more suprising rumour i read was that Joe wants to go out with Rachel after the show? Am i way off the mark here i thought she wasn't his type if u know what i mean????????????

So how many relationship rumours in the house is that then?

Danyl/Lloyd
    Olly/Stacey
    Lloyd/Stacey
    Joe/Rachel ???
    Jamie/Coco(kandy rain blonde)
    Ricki/Graziela(again didnt think she was his type!)
    Olly/Some girl out of band that were knocked out at judges houses

And we've even had some people saying Simon/Cheryl !!!

God what is the world coming to!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

After advertising L'Oreal, a new more honest advertisement campaign for Cheryl Cole:

IMG00580-20091129-1455.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

kippy wrote: »

lol at the way you seem to be sending out a warning like we're getting pulled into something dangerous! :)

I love the circus of it! The X-Factor is like a big pantomime to me. I love the way the judges have their roles. Simon/ Louis the baddies etc. I love the way they interact with each other, the faces they make, the drama of it all. The way everyone has different opinions about the acts and everyone believes that the judges have underlying agendas. It's pure entertainment - for me the singing is a really small fraction of it. In work, those of us who watch it, all supported different people initially, and change our minds back and forth every week. It's innocent entertainment. I doubt I will ever buy an X-Factor album or go to an X-Factor tour but I don't mind being part of the circus at the moment while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

basquille wrote: »
    After advertising L'Oreal, a new more honest advertisement campaign for Cheryl Cole:

Every time Cheryl's Loreal ad comes on...I immediately think it's advertising her new album
    "Weak, limp, lifeless..." :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

C'mon now ladies, put the jealousy away, 'tis only Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

SlickRic wrote: »
    something isn't quite right there.

is it just me or does someone not fit?

:)

Ya what the hell is Beyoncé doing there??;):P

Emmmooo wrote: »
    I seen they were in talks with Sir Paul to be one of the performers in the final.Think they are covering themselves each way if they get him as if Olly survives next week they'll do come together(ollies best performance by a mile imo)or if he goes they'll probably get Danyl to do a little help from my friends with Macca.

Yeah i heard the Danyl/Lloyd rumours and its probably not true but nothing would suprise in that house! Would believe the whole olly/stacey thing was a cover up for it though as there is no way they are together! A more suprising rumour i read was that Joe wants to go out with Rachel after the show? Am i way off the mark here i thought she wasn't his type if u know what i mean????????????

So how many relationship rumours in the house is that then?

Danyl/Lloyd
    Olly/Stacey
    Lloyd/Stacey
    Joe/Rachel ???
    Jamie/Coco(kandy rain blonde)
    Ricki/Graziela(again didnt think she was his type!)
    Olly/Some girl out of band that were knocked out at judges houses

And we've even had some people saying Simon/Cheryl !!!

God what is the world coming to!!!!
    Relationship rumours are rife every year. Its free and easy publicity and keeps the show in the news, controlled leaks from "sources close to the person".
    lol at the way you seem to be sending out a warning like we're getting pulled into something dangerous!

I love the circus of it! The X-Factor is like a big pantomime to me. I love the way the judges have their roles. Simon/ Louis the baddies etc. I love the way they interact with each other, the faces they make, the drama of it all. The way everyone has different opinions about the acts and everyone believes that the judges have underlying agendas. It's pure entertainment - for me the singing is a really small fraction of it. In work, those of us who watch it, all supported different people initially, and change our minds back and forth every week. It's innocent entertainment. I doubt I will ever buy an X-Factor album or go to an X-Factor tour but I don't mind being part of the circus at the moment while it lasts.
    Well, it IS dangerous, just not in a sinister way.
    Do you think its good for the music industry in general to be almost completely overridden with acts "from the same stable", with the same manufactured poppy tunes, none of which were written by the acts and most of which come from the same songwriters?
    Its not exactly good for those acts with actual talent, who MAY have done much better (ie better contracts etc) had they not been with the X-Factor, nor can it be good for those young acts who ARE manipulated by the producers and press?
    And what about the people who spend lots and lots and lots of cash on "voting" for their favourite acts......

Cowell already almost has a stranglehold on the charts, I dont want to see it getting any bigger, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Rb wrote: »
    C'mon now ladies, put the jealousy away, 'tis only Monday.
    :rolleyes:

Just because she's hot all women are immediately jealous of her?

She can't sing and her album is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

phasers wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Just because she's hot all women are immediately jealous of her?

She can't sing and her album is terrible
    her new song is a bit shocking tbh!

like her hair tho..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

emo!! wrote: »
    her new song is a bit shocking tbh!

like her hair tho..:)
    She has lovely hair :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement