Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

yeah .. yano we should all go buy L'Oreal ... altho doubt she uses it!

so anyone know what the theme for this week is, or whos the guest apperances.. cant remember hearing that at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wait, Phasers, did you buy Cole's album or something? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

kippy wrote: »

Well, it IS dangerous, just not in a sinister way.
    Do you think its good for the music industry in general to be almost completely overridden with acts "from the same stable", with the same manufactured poppy tunes, none of which were written by the acts and most of which come from the same songwriters?
    Its not exactly good for those acts with actual talent, who MAY have done much better (ie better contracts etc) had they not been with the X-Factor, nor can it be good for those young acts who ARE manipulated by the producers and press?
    And what about the people who spend lots and lots and lots of cash on "voting" for their favourite acts......

Cowell already almost has a stranglehold on the charts, I dont want to see it getting any bigger, thats for sure.

I see your point but if its not Cowell it will be someone else. Sony in the nineties, Stock Aiken and Waterman in the 80s.

Anyone who auditions for this show knows exactly what to expect from previous years. There are plenty of people with talent who don't get any exposure at all. At least with the X-FActor they'll get publicity and if they have talent we'll that too.

As for the people who spend lots and lots of cash on voting thats their choice. They are not being forced to.

I really see it all as fun entertainment and I would say 99% of people would go along with that. If there are people out there, who take it so seriously that it affects their lives financially or mentally , well then they have a problem - but its certainly not the X-Factor! Those addictive type personalities will find an outlet somewhere in society to get their fix as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I put a jedward song on my ipod and it broke lol....

fancy that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

emo!! wrote: »
    yeah .. yano we should all go buy L'Oreal ... altho doubt she uses it!

so anyone know what the theme for this week is, or whos the guest apperances.. cant remember hearing that at the weekend

I got two for one l'oreal in Tescos at the weekend. I'll use it this evening and let you all know......

Only thing is I don't have masses of extensions and fake hair to wash like Cheryl :D

• Advertisement

DigiGal wrote: »
    I put a jedward song on my ipod and it broke lol....

fancy that

hahaha!!
    dolliemix wrote: »
    I got two for one l'oreal in Tescos at the weekend. I'll use it this evening and let you all know......

Only thing is I don't have masses of extensions and fake hair to wash like Cheryl :D

oh do, want to know if its "worth it!" *gets coat*

yeah true betcha she has loads of extensions

your name, makes me crave sweets everytime i see it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

phasers wrote: »
    She has lovely hair :(
    her new song is a bit shocking tbh!

like her hair tho..:)
    Yeah and fully fake. I only noticed it on the add the other day. For 5 seconds at the bottom of the screen "styled with extentons". I looked it up and shes had extentions for years :( I am finished with Loreal

Can't remember who I was talking to(or when) but just found this http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iLvksnxA3fX36Xu7f7mSVbJYrZOw
    Just in the last paragraph they've got highlights, so its not naturally that light. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Wait, Phasers, did you buy Cole's album or something? :pac:
    I don't buy albums! :eek: :pac:

I work with Cheryl Cole's biggest fan and she plays it non-stop, it's like hell!

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    so different between Alicia and Rihanna. Alicia did 3 three songs in one, and chatted and spoke to Dermot.
    Rihanna said her single was out tomorrow and ticket sales in two weeks - don't think it was any more possible to be self serving...

Couldn't agree more! Alicia was class performing and had a laugh after....I even downloaded her new song! Rihanna was just plain weird and annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Lagy GaGa and Janet Jackson guests this week

I hope its Lady GaGa theme this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

I see Olly is getting some stick for his reaction after getting through on Sunday and not comforting or shaking hands with Lloyd. Although u can understand he was so relieved & it was different than getting through in the sing-off(imagine that reaction if 1 of the Judges said they were sending home Lloyd!) but still a bit of a hug or handshake(like he gave Simon)should have happened.

Can you imagine the uproar if Danyl had reacted like that !!!

Olly always reacts like that in fairness to him, but I agree Emoooo he should have shook hands with Lloyd at the very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Also in fairness to Olly i reacted like that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Olly did appologise though, and I assume he consoled Lloyd afterwards too - like all the other contestants would have.

His reaction was a bit OTT (even for him!) and it was a little off, but i'll forgive him for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz wrote: »
    [sarcasm]

Yeah.. can't wait to hear them perform her... two songs?! :confused:

[/sarcasm]

basquille wrote: »
    [sarcasm]

Yeah.. can't wait to hear them perform her... two songs?! :confused:

[/sarcasm]

Just Dance
    Bad Romance
    Pokerface
    Paparazzi
    Eh Eh

Just saying dude, they are her released songs, not that I'm a fan or anything. >_>

:P

Just Dance
    Bad Romance
    Pokerface
    Paparazzi
    Eh Eh

Just saying dude, they are her released songs, not that I'm a fan or anything. >_>

Yeah.. because everyone knows those three singles besides 'Just Dance' and 'Pokerface'?

What about that 'Love Stick' muck.. was that not a single?

She has a song called 'Eh Eh' - seriously?!

Awful personality.. overplayed artist.. terrible!

Bollocks she deserves a theme night when there's plenty more deserving pop acts with more than one album.

Yeah.. because everyone knows those three singles besides 'Just Dance' and 'Pokerface'?

Bollocks she deserves a theme night when there's plenty more deserving pop acts with more than one album.

LOL yeah I do agree, bit of a stretch doing a Gaga theme night, that being said, it would be some laugh if Jedward were still in the show. :p

Even something like a Killer's night would be decent... not specifically pop but not far-off!

Even something like a Killer's night would be decent... not specifically pop but not far-off!

They just have to get rid of these specific artist themes, they are a load of balls IMO. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Just Dance
    Bad Romance
    Pokerface
    Paparazzi
    Eh Eh

True, her album has some really good tricks

Its a typical case of Artists releasin all the commercial tracks, none of the gems!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i know they're obviously gone, but Jedward doing 'Pokerface'...

i've a feeling that would be the greatest thing ever witnessed.

It might be Jacko theme this week given that Janet is on i just hope its alot more up tempo songs

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im hearing Michael Jackson week but isnt that kinda bad for Janets sake? Didnt she have songs?

I hope they'll od what they had last year and just contestants choice/mentors choice week.

John and Edward dueting with Lady Gaga for the final would have been the second best thng ever! The best would have been with Ant and Dec.

Apparently Simon wants Jedward back for some guest appearances as ratings have taken a hit - i doubt the other eliminated contestants would be too happy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Apparently Simon wants Jedward back for some guest appearances as ratings have taken a hit - i doubt the other eliminated contestants would be too happy :rolleyes:

well if you lose the only contestants who have any X-Factor, ratings will always take a hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

2 Questions (which may have been answered already, but cannot find it).

1. Has the final song been made public?
    2. Is the final over 2 nights like it has been all along, or just the one night like previous years?

gimmick wrote: »
    1. Has the final song been made public?
    "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey apparently.
    gimmick wrote: »
    2. Is the final over 2 nights like it has been all along, or just the one night like previous years?
    Over 2 nights presumably to milk more money out of the public!

yeah that was a single

its " disco stick tho not love stick"

lets have some fun , this beat is sick , i wanna take a ride on your disco stick.....

what utter crap of lyrics.

cant wait to see what she is wearing tho... betcha it will be woeful!

• Advertisement

"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey apparently.

Over 2 nights presumably to milk more money out of the public!
    ha they so have there bets on Joe winning then.. by doing that song as the winners song

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement