Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭angel1001

JP Liz wrote: »
    Simon Cowell has reportedly picked Hannah Montana number 'The Climb' as this year's X Factor winner's song.

According to The Sun, the final four contestants started rehearsing their own versions of the track on Tuesday after Cowell made his final decision.

It is thought that Joe McElderry and Stacey Solomon put in impressive performances on the day, while Danyl Johnson and Olly Murs struggled with the ballad.

A source said: "It's a very girly song so Olly and Danyl weren't that great at it."

'The Climb', performed by Miley Cyrus in Hannah Montana: The Movie, was first tipped as the X Factor release last week. Journey's 1981 hit 'Don't Stop Believin' had also been named as a potential choice.

think he use a song that wasnt out for ages...lazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

He should pick on original song or even a Christmas song seeing as its the festive season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I like the song climb(shh dont tell anyone :P) ... cant see it suiting olly tho

then again , i think they all have there bets on Joe (snore) winning

JP Liz wrote: »
    He should pick on original song or even a Christmas song seeing as its the festive season :D
    oooh ooh driving home for christmas...

god what a tune.. *goes off to listen to it*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Emmmooo wrote: »
    See Deise girl i told you!!! John is the talented one or more to the point the better of the two! I thought it was hilarious on the late late when John said stop attention seeking Edward !!! As i said before think of that quote from the film Twins!
    Yeh I have to admit it now John is much better, Edward really looks like he doesnt know what hes doing :P Still think Edward is funnier though.
    And yeh John saying that after he just doing handstands and the splits :P:D I don't want to know how long I laughed at that.

In away maybe its a good thing theyre not in the final, could you imagine them singing The Climb! Ollie is going to feck it up I'd say, its not a song for him..

And awww Simon and Louis are good mates :)
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a189736/cowell-louis-is-a-best-friend-forever.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Walsh also confesses to having a close friendship with Cowell, commenting: "I love doing X Factor and I love working with Simon, we are like brothers in competition. We fight about who's gonna get the funniest lines and have the best fun backstage

" We fight about who's gonna get the funniest lines "

That quote proves to me alot of this years X-Factor is rehearsed & staged,you know what i mean the judges comments!. At times the start of Xtra Factor where Holly interviews the judges is reminiscent of a sit-com the laughter from the crowd almost comes across as canned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JimmyJoyce

phasers wrote: »
    The company that count the votes said this week that they are discounting any vote that comes from Ireland from now on.

But can they? the company behind irish votes (swiftcall) say they are routing the calls through london so how can itv know the calls are coming from ireland?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

a miley cyrus ****ing song.......are they taking the bloody piss? just to please the teenagers?

wheres lloyd when ya need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I had noticed that Edward was always copying John alright. He usually fecks up his dance moves or fluffs his lines.

Edward is my favourite though. It's all about the eyes with that kid. No matter what he says or even if he's smiling his eyes are a dead give away and generally are saying "yea stfu" when the judges are talking.
    Cheeky brat.

He's always looking at John while he's constantly talking with this bemused, indulgent face. He idolises John with his uncrossed teeth and perfect skin. Bless him.

Yeh thats true actually in most the interviews when John speaks Edward just stares at him with a little smile :)(like that) Even reading their answers in interviews Edwards are always more imaginative as if hes completely in another world. A great example(one ive been laughing at for ages)
    In heat, the question was 'What is love?'
    John gives an intelligent answer about it being a strong bond etc.
    Edward says "Its when two people just get each other, like if they both like a really cool dog" What on earth is he on about a dog for? :P
    Hes hilarious though Edward, definately me fave too :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Danyl Johnson:
    'Whitney Houston Hated Me'
    X Factor contestant Danyl Johnson has claimed Whitney Houston "absolutely hated him" for singing one of her unreleased songs on the show.
    The 27-year-old teacher said the American superstar, who mentored the contestants for one week, disliked him for singing I Didn't Know My Own Strength, which is yet to be released in the UK.

Danyl, along with fellow finalists Olly Murs, Stacey Solomon and Joe McElderry, was speaking during a Q&A session at a secret gig organised by show sponsors Talk Talk in Soho, London.

Asked who was his least favourite celebrity guest on the show, Danyl said: "Whitney absolutely hated me."

More here: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/X-Factor-Danyl-Johnson-Joe-McElderry-Stacey-Solomon-And-Olly-Murs-Perform-At-Secret-Gig/Article/200912115490789?lpos=Showbiz_News_Second_Home_Page_Article_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15490789_X_Factor%3A_Danyl_Johnson%2C_Joe_McElderry%2C_Stacey_Solomon_And_Olly_Murs_Perform_At_Secret_Gig

Message to "The Gob" - Whitney is not the only one to dislike you!

I dont dislike him , i think he is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

danyl now has my vote.

call me fickle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JimmyJoyce

I actually thought that the final was on the Saturday (12th) and the results would be the same day........................................I don't like that they're dragging it out over the two days but I guess its extra entertainment so I won't complain too much! :D

it's also extra £££££ for Simon - a full day of votes is worth a hell of a lot of money - it is the most valuable tv franchise in the world!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Check it out, there's a facebook page that is anti-Cowell's cookie cutter shove it down your throat and line my pockets Christmas number 1. Over 60,00 people have signed up to support Rage Against the Machine's 1992 song "Killing in the Name of". Fans are asked to buy it or download it from the 13th Dec - 18th.

Along the lines of "F*k you I won't buy what you sell me!"

Here's an article: Bid to beat X Factor Karaoke

Facebook page

n194432481914_5372.jpg

n2228594104_3944.jpg:D:D:D

ha deadly .. awesome song choice also <3... i shall be downloading it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jeff Buckley failed, Rage Against The Machine will fail too. :cool: *

* Not that I actually care or anything. :p

true... but its RATM... imagine how cool that would be

ah fun times seeing them live :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is Killing In The Name the one with the line "**** you I won't do what you tell me!"? :pac:

thats the one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ha :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

just saw an ad there for sky news, and they used a clip of the jedward interview to plug themselves, gas!

Just wondering, I never understood the hype aboout who gets the Christmas number 1. I always hear people complaining it always goes to the X Factor winner but whats so great about that week to get a number one?? :confused::confused:

And to the post above yeh I heard hey've been using that a good while, still have to actually see that ad on tv though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I hope Stacey does "Wonderful World" as her Christmas song!!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Song choices revealed!!!

MICHAEL JACKSON WEEK

Stacey -
    The Way You Make Me Feel

Joe -
    She's Out Of My Life

Danyl -
    Man In The Mirror

Olly -
    Can You Feel It

This week, the final four have also chosen A SONG TO GET THROUGH TO THE FINAL.

Stacey -
    Somewhere from West Side Story
    one of my fav songs ever! Hope she does it well

Joe -
    Open Arms by Journey

Danyl -
    I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston
    :rolleyes: after what he said about her this week!

Olly -
    We Can Work It Out, Stevie Wonder version

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Song choices revealed!!!

Olly -
    Can You Feel It

Joe -
    Open Arms by Journey

these are the two performances i'm looking forward to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I love Somewhere, think it's a great choice for her and she could do really well tonight especially if she is singing last! Can't wait!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement