Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

seriously what an awful indictment on the show that is suppose to find talented stars.. on the formula of 'finding' 'talent' none of them have any star quality.
    Im sure that given this time 2years and none of them will be a successful act. (I would say artist but they're not artists)

The show is massivley over-produced for the tweenage market and with the voxpop they have of the judges with they're hardluck stories, worried about the song being too hard, their journey's... come on can ppl not see its the same rubbish every single year and every single week. IF you want to see real talent get out and go see some local shows and regional shows show some basic support instead of feeding these culture vultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Song was too big for him

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Totally stage school performance.....

Why is Simon pushing so hard for this fella to win? What's the agenda? Cos it's evident to the everyone that he's not a great singer..... I'm confussed:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

That was ****e tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Loved his version of Man In The Mirror.

And this wasn't too bad either :).

Olly to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: God, everyones hating Danyl here tonight. Maybe I'm blinded by his great song choices so..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I think having John and Edward in the show to look forward too made the others sound better, or put me in a better mood to listen.
    This show is seriously downhill in the last two weeks.

Ive been reading magazine interviews with J&E the last 20minutes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I think Louis just fancies him....

Wasn't good at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

In fairness Danyl was better on the second song

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Is Simon on drugs this year?
    Either that or they are stuck in his ears!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

OOOOH i can't figure out who simon prefers, danyl or ollie. Anyone???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mazken

what's with Louis' u-turn on Danyl...hmmm...wonder if Simon's blackmailing him!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

thermo66 wrote: »
    That was ****e tbh

Yeah - I really can't stand him now, it was a just bad version of the song. The song was too big for his voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Every judge has said that every act deserves a place in the final. How hard can it be to come up with an original comment for each act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 5th Avenue

deise_girl wrote: »

Ive been reading magazine interviews with J&E the last 20minutes :P

Don't forget the Sainsbury's cooking videos and video diaries - fecking hilarious!! :D

mariaf24 wrote: »
    OOOOH i can't figure out who simon prefers, danyl or ollie. Anyone???
    Duh! JOE. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

mazken wrote: »
    what's with Louis' u-turn on Danyl...hmmm...wonder if Simon's blackmailing him!!

Yeah there's something weird going on alright. Cheryl was quite vocal about her dislike of him in earlier shows too but she did a complete uey a couple of weeks ago....

Personally, I think the X Factor as a show has run its course now.....the judges have such a vested interest in it that they cant give impartial/constructive comments to the performers......

Does Simon really think he'll sell records with Danyl??? Long term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

This has been one of the most boring X-Factors EVER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Woah! I just got chills all over from that clip of Stacey! My cheeks, arms, spine, even my legs! That girl is the reincarnation of Judy Garland.

jd007 wrote: »

Yep, and it will show in the ratings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

jd007 wrote: »

Last weeks one was worse imo.
    At least some good songs that I knew and could sing to were on tonight :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Woah! I just got chills all over from that clip of Stacey! My cheeks, arms, spine, even my legs! That girl is the reincarnation of Judy Garland.

Cheryl, is that you??:D

Love that song!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

My eyes actually feel heavy.

At least next week they will have the classic auditionees song... Well, I hope they do:(
    They should have J&E on for old times sake.

Nicki123 wrote: »
    Does Simon really think he'll sell records with Danyl??? Long term?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Journey are only cool again because of Scrubs. I bet half this new found Journy lovers never even knew who they were 2 years ago and can't name more than one of their tracks. (I know I can't!) It's like reviving The Hoff or Chuck Norris. Yea, real cool.

There's some high school musical rip gonna be on TV3 called Glee and "Don't Stop Believin" is the song. Give it a rest!!

I don't watch Scrubs (Can't stand it) and I knew about Journey and their songs more than 2 years not a fan though, besides Don't Stop Believin obviously.

5th Avenue wrote: »
    Don't forget the Sainsbury's cooking videos and video diaries - fecking hilarious!! :D
    Ive seen most of them so many times :o:o
    Well the ones on youtube, theres some on the itv site that arent on youtube.

What just happend there about Ollies gran?? Simon said something about Joes too?

I see Jennys name there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I don't watch Scrubs (Can't stand it) and I knew about Journey and their songs more than 2 years not a fan though, besides Don't Stop Believin obviously.

Well then you're not a "new found Journey lover" and this doesn't apply to you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,871 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's some high school musical rip gonna be on TV3 called Glee and "Don't Stop Believin" is the song. Give it a rest!!
    Don't knock what you don't know!

I'm quite enjoying this show.. but it's absolutely nothing like 'High School Musical' - it's got witty writing, some superb performances (Jane Lynch mainly) and is quite politically incorrect at times.

It was created by the same guy who made 'Nip Tuck' for fecks sake... you can't get any further from HSM to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Shut up Lorna FFS!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement