Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Just saw the ad for that series Glee - looks really good! Preview next Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Aidric wrote: »
    I didn't really catch the performances in full tonight cause I was sort of flicking around. There didn't appear to be anything outstanding or am I wrong?

you are so right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

deise_girl wrote: »
    What happend to my Jedward?? :eek::mad:
    I stopped watching..

Joe said he was jealous that he'd never gotten to do a dancing performance and Holly said something like "Oh like Hit me baby One More Time?" and her and Danyl started laughing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I think Danyl gets way too much stick, mostly because of how wide he opens his mouth :confused: Don't know why that even matters? I actually think he is one of the best contestants they've ever had and I'm delighted to see him getting some positive comments (like on the Xtra Factor), finally!

Joe is the definite winner though, beautiful voice and he's just so cute :D:p

Stacey's really not as good as they make her out to be, but she's safe for the final, based on the second performance. First performance was a bit of disaster IMO.

Olly to go tomorrow...

Just saw the ad for that series Glee - looks really good! Preview next Saturday!

They all sing like Lucie. It's going to be painful to my ears isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I wonder will the rateings go up a bit coz Lloyd left :P

I gave up with the X(tra) factor, this is the site to be on :D
    http://www.jedwardgenius.com/
    Some obbsessed fan, they have all the magazine atricles scanned up on it!

YAAAAAAY, hours of John & Edward photos and stuff to look over & over & over! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I think Danyl gets way too much stick, mostly because of how wide he opens his mouth :confused: Don't know why that even matters?
    Speaking for myself and just not about disliking his continuous flat, off note singing, - I don't want to see or nearly see his tonsils every time he opens his gob!

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Holly and Danyl "Ooh let's make fun of people that aren't here to defend themselves. Slagging Jedward's Britney song hahahah" Real mature. None of you boring twats could have pulled that performance off. Swivel on it b1tches.

They were making harmless fun, I'm sure Jedward won't be one bit hurt/annoyed over it. I have no doubt the remaining contestants would pull off a better Britney performance. Your just jealous Jedward didn't make it this far.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

YAAAAAAY, hours of John & Edward photos and stuff to look over & over & over! :D
    :o:oIts sort of my obbsession the last few days, whoever owns it updates it everyday :)

And thanks Lil Kitten. Urghhh its just getting old now, even now, when their not on the show anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,871 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They all sing like Lucie. It's going to be painful to my ears isn't it?
    The singing in the show is great.. but it is horribly mimed!

I didn't like the first episode much.. but it does improve. It has it's problems (horrible miming, some stereotypical characters and cringeworthy performances) but it also has a number of great things going for it (Jane Lynch being the absolute star of the show).

It'll be absolutely HUGE over here.. mark my words!

• Advertisement

Journey are only cool again because of Scrubs. I bet half this new found Journy lovers never even knew who they were 2 years ago and can't name more than one of their tracks. (I know I can't!) It's like reviving The Hoff or Chuck Norris. Yea, real cool.

There's some high school musical rip gonna be on TV3 called Glee and "Don't Stop Believin" is the song. Give it a rest!!

I thought it was more because it was used for the final scene, in the last ever episode of the Sopranos. I do like the song, but I absolutely hate the way it was always played as the last song in nightclubs across Ireland in the last 2 years. And now I really hate this Glee ****!

I thought it was more because it was used for the final scene, in the last ever episode of the Sopranos.
    That and Ray Foley's campaign brought it back into the charts.. yes!

But TV shows like 'Scrubs' and 'Family Guy', and films like 'Monster' used it before 'The Sopranos' - but it'll always be remembered as THAT song that ended 'The Sopranos.'
    I do like the song, but I absolutely hate the way it was always played as the last song in nightclubs across Ireland in the last 2 years.
    To be fair.. I prefer it being used as the last song to Mundy's "Galway Girl" (if Journey isn't last, this ALWAYS will be). Now that's one song that's overplayed.. and Mundy will drop into 2FM every third week to record another acoustic performance of that muck!

[rant over]
    And now I really hate this Glee ****!
    If you think TV3 are bad, E4 are starting it this month also. They'll promote the hole off it!

Well.. actually I noticed TV3 are saying it's a special preview. What this means is the pilot episode will be shown next week and it'll continue next month I'd say. E4 are doing the same thing.

In the US.. they did it also. They aired the pilot last May (after American Idol) and didn't show the second episode until last September.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Freaky, your man who plays Kurt sounds a lot like Joe IMO - I went looking up the songs on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Cf8_f9g30 is Kurt singing defying gravity from wicked!

basquille wrote: »
    The singing in the show is great.. but it is horribly mimed!

I didn't like the first episode much.. but it does improve. It has it's problems (horrible miming, some stereotypical characters and cringeworthy performances) but it also has a number of great things going for it (Jane Lynch being the absolute star of the show).

It'll be absolutely HUGE over here.. mark my words!

I'm listening to the singing on youtube, songs sound very good! I'd definately agree it should be big over here alrite!

I'm listening to the singing on youtube, songs sound very good! I'd definately agree it should be big over here alrite!
    Yeah.. songs are great. Miming is horrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Every time danyl opens his mouth i feel like screaming "LIAR". There is just something about the way he talks about the fans and being a different person thats just dosent sit right. Its like he is being fed media drivel to get votes but dosent believe it himself.

They were making harmless fun, I'm sure Jedward won't be one bit hurt/annoyed over it. I have no doubt the remaining contestants would pull off a better Britney performance. Your just jealous Jedward didn't make it this far.

It's not jealousy it's a dislike of backstabbery, bitchery and two facedness. All traits that Holly and Danyl have in spades.

Anyways I'm glad Jed are out of that circus. I hope the whole thing goes belly up and loses all ratings. They were the only thing decent about that sham.

Finally, the twins might not have made it "this far" (really in terms of life, importance or success the X Factor isn't very far in my opinion.) But I guarantee they'll be have more longevity, marketablilty and bigger bank balances than any one of their X Factor rivals in the future.

PS. No one will EVER do a better Britney performance than that. It was TV gold. The most entertaining thing I have ever seen on that snoozefest. No one would have the balls to wear those red PVC suits and do those dance moves. That's why Jedward are legends.

It's not jealousy it's a dislike of backstabbery, bitchery and two facedness. All traits that Holly and Danyl have in spades.

Anyways I'm glad Jed are out of that circus. I hope the whole thing goes belly up and loses all ratings. They were the only thing decent about that sham.

Finally, the twins might not have made it "this far" (really in terms of life, importance or success the X Factor isn't very far in my opinion.) But I guarantee they'll be have more longevity, marketablilty and bigger bank balances than any one of their X Factor rivals in the future.

PS. No one will EVER do a better Britney performance than that. It was TV gold. The most entertaining thing I have ever seen on that snoozefest. No one would have the balls to wear those red PVC suits and do those dance moves. That's why Jedward are legends.

Again it was harmless fun. They just laughed about it, you'd swear they had a full blow bitch about it. And it was hilariously funny by the way. You might be right about Danyl but I'm sure most people would agree that Holly is one of the genuinely nicest tv presenters on tv these days. I think you are slightly obsessed with them because there was really no need to defend them from that comment.

No they were not the only decent thing about 'that sham'. Maybe the worst and most annoying. Their performances were funny, I laughed at them. They themselves were annoying, childish and winy. That said I wouldn't join an 'I hate Jedward' group on Facebook.

I totally disagree with you about them having more future success than the other finalists. Within music, I think Joe will be most successful. However Stacey is definitely the nicest and funniest person to come out of reality tv. She'll go a long way. People will definitely get tired of Jedward soon enough. They will certainly fade away. Fair play to them for being who they are though and where they are today.

It was probably the funniest (as in haha look at those twats) Britney performance but by god anyone of those other contestants could do a more entertaining performance, with better better vocals and choreography .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Again it was harmless fun. They just laughed about it, you'd swear they had a full blow bitch about it. And it was hilariously funny by the way. You might be right about Danyl but I'm sure most people would agree that Holly is one of the genuinely nicest tv presenters on tv these days. I think you are slightly obsessed with them because there was really no need to defend them from that comment.
    That is probably annoys me the most. She is really such a nice person, she is real genuine. But you now if she thinks its okay to say something about them, somethings not right. Its the not the only time shes ever said anything about them, she like amy others have had cheap go's at John and Edward.
    No they were not the only decent thing about 'that sham'. Maybe the worst and most annoying. Their performances were funny, I laughed at them. They themselves were annoying, childish and winy. That said I wouldn't join an 'I hate Jedward' group on Facebook.
    This. When on earth did you ever hear John and Edward whine? The nicest people on the show putting up with crap since their audtition yet every week they smiled and battled on. You could go as far to say it was inspirsational, not amny could have done what they did.
    I totally disagree with you about them having more future success than the other finalists. Within music, I think Joe will be most successful. However Stacey is definitely the nicest and funniest person to come out of reality tv. She'll go a long way. People will definitely get tired of Jedward soon enough. They will certainly fade away. Fair play to them for being who they are though and where they are today.
    And I totally disagree with this. Joe is another Leon Jackson. Everything but the personaltity/stage presence. I can see him fading all to soon. Theatre really is what's right for him. Stacey is another love/hate. She iswell has the voice and more stage presence than Joe but to listen to her talk, seriously its just not normal anymore. The winner will have many interviews etc but whos going to want to listen to someone laugh and gulp breath through every sentence. I think John and Edward have a decent future ahead of them. Unlike the other contestants, people are intrested in the twins for all sorts of things music/presenting/acting/modelling(magazines/ads). A great variety of things available for them.
    It was probably the funniest (as in haha look at those twats) Britney performance but by god anyone of those other contestants could do a more entertaining performance, with better better vocals and choreography .
    I think that is the most untrue statement ive heard in my life. No way on earth could Joe/Danyl/Olly/Lloyd/Stacey have done what they did. Not a chance. They would be extremly uncomfortable with the outfits the dancing the whole set up. I mean for goodness sake Stacey was terrifed doing her Michael Jackson yesterday, Olly dances like a tipsy dad, Joe and Lloyd would completely stiffen up and Danyl.. I dont want to picture how that would go.

The whole point of John and Edward was their stage presence, people dont want to believe it but thats their charm. They are unfazed by any of it. More charisma then the rest of the contestants by a mile.

Olly dances like a tipsy dad

LMAO! :D Nice one Deise_girl!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

well said deisegirl..

I miss jedward!

That is probably annoys me the most. She is really such a nice person, she is real genuine. But you now if she thinks its okay to say something about them, somethings not right. Its the not the only time shes ever said anything about them, she like amy others have had cheap go's at John and Edward.

This. When on earth did you ever hear John and Edward whine? The nicest people on the show putting up with crap since their audtition yet every week they smiled and battled on. You could go as far to say it was inspirsational, not amny could have done what they did.

And I totally disagree with this. Joe is another Leon Jackson. Everything but the personaltity/stage presence. I can see him fading all to soon. Theatre really is what's right for him. Stacey is another love/hate. She iswell has the voice and more stage presence than Joe but to listen to her talk, seriously its just not normal anymore. The winner will have many interviews etc but whos going to want to listen to someone laugh and gulp breath through every sentence. I think John and Edward have a decent future ahead of them. Unlike the other contestants, people are intrested in the twins for all sorts of things music/presenting/acting/modelling(magazines/ads). A great variety of things available for them.

I think that is the most untrue statement ive heard in my life. No way on earth could Joe/Danyl/Olly/Lloyd/Stacey have done what they did. Not a chance. They would be extremly uncomfortable with the outfits the dancing the whole set up. I mean for goodness sake Stacey was terrifed doing her Michael Jackson yesterday, Olly dances like a tipsy dad, Joe and Lloyd would completely stiffen up and Danyl.. I dont want to picture how that would go.

The whole point of John and Edward was their stage presence, people dont want to believe it but thats their charm. They are unfazed by any of it. More charisma then the rest of the contestants by a mile.

Firstly apologies but I have no idea how to use that multi-quote function, so this will have to do!

I really think you are blowing it out of proportion. I mean Dermot was mocking Stacey on one episode and I'm sure she didn't care about it. Did you think it was mean and he was being a backstabber?

OK sorry I meant that's the way they come across to me. Any time they talk it sounds like they are complaining. I just find them irritating. I do admire them for putting up with all the crap though. They got their fair and square, nobody has the right to take that away from them.

Well I think Joe will be good at both. I really don't see him fading away like some previous winners. If he does Theatre I bet he'd be great at it so he'd still be successful. I think Stacey would make a better tv presenter than any of the other finalists. She is so unique and funny, while Jedward seem fake and just say stupid random things to divert attention away from their real personalities. Stacey's still in the competition so she hasn't got a chance to get any offers from entertainment/media companies. Who would be better at presenting kiddies tv?.....Stacey by a mile. Who would look better modelling for River Island?......Stacey would.

No way could they have pulled off anything worse! I mean Jedward could barely do any moves....bar hopping/jumping, which is actually all they can do. Stacey was terrified, but she still pulled it off and made it look easy. It's called practice

I can honestly say Jedward would turn me off watching a programme if they were the presenters or main characters. I would rather watch Dannii Minogue’s Top 10 Hits!

I was a fan of Holly until her behaviour on Xtra Factor.

Every week her and Dannii bitching together about it being a "singing competition" with sly digs at the twins

When Lucie was voted off it was "head in hands, audience stunned, awful atmosphere, unbelievable" blah blah how could Lucie POSSIBLY go and the twins stay. No congratulating Louis for his act staying. No nice words for the twins. Asking Jedward if they feared a backlash against them. Basically pouring fuel on the fire and showing total bias.

Then when the twins got kicked out it, her main story was "How could Olly be in the bottom 2. Not Olly. Surely!" The twins, of course get booted off they're talentless... but Olly?!

EVERY week on the people's panel she pushes Stacey, Joe and Olly (her faves) and then looks for comments from Jedward haters.

Now they're gone and she's still at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Olly dances like a tipsy dad
    LMAO! :D Nice one Deise_girl!

Well I'll be damned, I'm agreeing with Jedward fans. :p

Who would be better at presenting kiddies tv?.....Stacey by a mile. Who would look better modelling for River Island?......Stacey would.

Stacey wouldn't be much of a model. Imo, and I know I'm not the only one, I think she looks like a horse.

Jedward will be much better models. You obviously haven't see the Grazia spread.

They'll probably advertise hair products and footwear. They're already wearing those silver winged runners that aren't available til February (I'm already dying for a pair :D). They could do anything, even advertise Rice Krispies, (they look like Snap, Crackle and Pop with that hair!) They're ALREADY a brand, the brand of Jedward.

Stacey can't form a sentence so she'd suck on Children's TV. She's lovely and she can sing and I wish her well. But her against the twins in terms of marketability? Twins win hands down. Why do you think Simon and Louis were so eager to get them to the live shows? They saw the dollar signs.

I was a fan of Holly until her behaviour on Xtra Factor.

Every week her and Dannii bitching together about it being a "singing competition" with sly digs at the twins

When Lucie was voted off it was "head in hands, audience stunned, awful atmosphere, unbelievable" blah blah how could Lucie POSSIBLY go and the twins stay. No congratulating Louis for his act staying. No nice words for the twins. Asking Jedward if they feared a backlash against them. Basically pouring fuel on the fire and showing total bias.

Then when the twins got kicked out it, her main story was "How could Olly be in the bottom 2. Not Olly. Surely!" The twins, of course get booted off they're talentless... but Olly?!

EVERY week on the people's panel she pushes Stacey, Joe and Olly (her faves) and then looks for comments from Jedward haters.

Now they're gone and she's still at it.

They all had a cut of Jedward, the judges except Louis, Dermot and Holly - I was getting really sick of it! Dermot needs to be put back in his box, he's the presenter not a judge, whatever paper gave him his Sunday column about the XFactor are idiots! Its not a singing competition only, its a competition to find someone with the X Factor, which we can definately say that no one is standing out with - some of the behaviour from the judges has been idiotic this season, and there was a poster who said previously that it would seem like the X Factor has come to the end of its time, and I'm inclined to agree.

Then you have Danyl on about all the "abuse" that he has gotten, yet J&E got a whole lot more than he did - he comes across as someone who would do anything and climb over anyone to get to where he needs to go. He was a real fun guy in the auditions, but has just become a belter, thats it, can't deal with other songs!

Danni on about it being a singing competition, one week fair enough, being bitter about her act losing out, but to continue it for a number of weeks, grow up! Simon constantly giving standing ovations to his acts, fair enough he is supporting them, but most definately, quite a few of those performances did now where near merit them, so don't give em!

BTW, I thought J&E were two cocky f**kers willing to push anyone out of their way to get to startdom during judges houses, but after the sh*t they had to deal with, the death threats and coming out every weeks to booers in the audience, I began to like them for their courage and their work ethic! Kind of like Rhydian a few years ago, we saw that they were just ordinary guys putting on a bit of an act for the cameras at judges house, until we saw different on stage.

All that said, I want either Joe or Stacy to win, I'd buy either of their records!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Olly is the best left of a bad bunch and Simon gave him terrible song selections last night - at least he has some stage presence and personality when performing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

He's like the bloke in a group of lads who has an okay voice, who always gets up to do karaoke on a Saturday night. ;)

Stacey wouldn't be much of a model. Imo, and I know I'm not the only one, I think she looks like a horse.

Jedward will be much better models. You obviously haven't see the Grazia spread.

They'll probably advertise hair products and footwear. They're already wearing those silver winged runners that aren't available til February (I'm already dying for a pair :D). They could do anything, even advertise Rice Krispies, (they look like Snap, Crackle and Pop with that hair!) They're ALREADY a brand, the brand of Jedward.

Stacey can't form a sentence so she'd suck on Children's TV. She's lovely and she can sing and I wish her well. But her against the twins in terms of marketability? Twins win hands down. Why do you think Simon and Louis were so eager to get them to the live shows? They saw the dollar signs.

I don't think she looks like a horse but she does have a very unique face. That is what alot of retailers/designers want these days, e.g. Nicola Roberts for Vivienne Westwood. I thought she looked her hottest on GMTV just after her audition. She's way more funny and natural than Jedward. I know she's totally ditzy but so what most people are not put off. And yes sometimes she can't form a sentence but she is clearly not some illiterate bimbo. You think she'd suck as kids tv....I think she'd do one hell of a better job than Jedward.

Actually I did see the Grazia spread....anyone could look that great with the right stylists, make-up and air brushing! I just don't get it with the whole brand Jedward thing, if they were promoting something I like, I'd be like 'Oh no, I look like those annoying twins now'.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who will be the successes of X factor 2009 in a few months time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

No way could they have pulled off anything worse! I mean Jedward could barely do any moves....bar hopping/jumping, which is actually all they can do. Stacey was terrified, but she still pulled it off and made it look easy. It's called practice

I found her quite awkward actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement