Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I was a fan of Holly until her behaviour on Xtra Factor.

Every week her and Dannii bitching together about it being a "singing competition" with sly digs at the twins

When Lucie was voted off it was "head in hands, audience stunned, awful atmosphere, unbelievable" blah blah how could Lucie POSSIBLY go and the twins stay. No congratulating Louis for his act staying. No nice words for the twins. Asking Jedward if they feared a backlash against them. Basically pouring fuel on the fire and showing total bias.

Then when the twins got kicked out it, her main story was "How could Olly be in the bottom 2. Not Olly. Surely!" The twins, of course get booted off they're talentless... but Olly?!

EVERY week on the people's panel she pushes Stacey, Joe and Olly (her faves) and then looks for comments from Jedward haters.

Now they're gone and she's still at it.

She had every right to question how Lucie was voted out. She was a better singer than Jedward and people thought she might of had the whole of Wales behind her. Same with Ollie, who was thought to be very popular and actually somewhat good singer. I think some people here are obsessed with Jedward, won't take any form of criticism against them and will defend them from things that didn't even happen. I'm sure ye will never be acknowledged by Jedward. Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

She had every right to question how Lucie was voted out. She was a better singer than Jedward and people thought she might of had the whole of Wales behind her. Same with Ollie, who was thought to be very popular and actually somewhat good singer. I think some people here are obsessed with Jedward, won't take any form of criticism against them and will defend them from things that didn't even happen. I'm sure ye will never be acknowledged by Jedward. Ha!

Or maybe you just don't like them and will not accept that they were treated unfairly by some of the judges and presenters on the show and that they were actually one of the only decent things on the show this year ;). hmmmmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well, it was easier for Jedward to put on a show than any of the other contestant - who had to concentrate on singing the song correctly.

Or maybe you just don't like them and will not accept that they were treated unfairly by some of the judges and presenters on the show and that they were actually one of the only decent things on the show this year ;). hmmmmmmm...

I don't like them but I don't not like them either, they are irrelevant to me. I do hate that **** such as 'I hate John and Edward Club'. At one stage or another, all the contestants have been treated unfairly by the judges. More so with John and Edward but what did you expect them to say....'Oh excellent vocals there John, Edward the moves were fantastic'? No because neither was ever true. If you are going to give a crap performance, you should expect unfair comments.
    Yes one of the decent things (not in my opinion though) on the show this year, along with Joe and Stacey! And also Holly's rise in popularity!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I don't like them but I don't not like them either, they are irrelevant to me. I do hate that **** such as 'I hate John and Edward Club'. At one stage or another, all the contestants have been treated unfairly by the judges. More so with John and Edward but what did you expect them to say....'Oh excellent vocals there John, Edward the moves were fantastic'? No because neither was ever true. If you are going to give a crap performance, you should expect unfair comments.
    Yes one of the decent things (not in my opinion though) on the show this year, along with Joe and Stacey! And also Holly's rise in popularity!

I agree with you about Joe. Think he's a great singer. I really don't get this love of Stacey though. She can only sing ballads comfortably (in my opinion, as faster songs make her look uncomfortable). And ballads can get boring, ya know like! She's genuine and has a great personality (like Jedward), and a good voice (obviously not at leonas standards but good), I'll give her that much but I (and im guessing others too) like abit of fun and entertainment and the likes :D.

But still, I'm not referring to the comments that many of the others get on vocals after performances. Just the sneaky, bi*chy little ones, for example, by Danni after Lucie got kicked out (and in fairness, she did get voted off fair and square yet dannii rambled on and on..).

And cmon, some of the moves John & Edward do are preety good :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

danyl hopefully to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

9th elimination betting odds

Olly - 1/1
    Daryl 2/1
    Stacey 9/2
    Joe 47/1

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Its on now - I thought it was at 8?

Lady Gaga and Janet Jackson tonight - looking forward to them!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

9th elimination betting odds

Olly - 1/1
    Daryl 2/1
    Stacey 9/2
    Joe 47/1

Yeah, I'd have Olly and Danyl quite close - either one of them to go!

i have a feeling people wont know its on now and not be happy at 8!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

True LOL

They are certainly putting Joe now center stage!

df1985 wrote: »
    i have a feeling people wont know its on now and not be happy at 8!

yeah, i just text my friend, she is looking to lady gaga!

Choreography screwed up there with the hand waving:D

the bloody miming!

danyl is making my skin crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jesus what's this doing starting early??? :p What group song did they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm surprised ITV have had the cop on to have the show at the same time every week this year. I don't understand this compulsion of TV stations here to chop and change the time of shows every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

FFS i didn't know this was on, lucky i started flicking!!! Stupid changing the time around. The state of Cheryl ... she thinks she's at the Oscars :D

the bloody miming!

It seems he makes Ollys skin crawl now according to some news I read today.
    Apparently there is no love lost between them. They just don't talk to each other beyond the cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

He's such a twat!!:mad::mad:

LZ5by5 wrote: »

i've no idea why its on - a bit silly of the stations, people will automaticaly presume its on at 8

And for the group song - I honestly can't remember, just watched it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I tried to watch the x-factor today hungover but I fell asleep so I can't really comment on last nights performances but I did get Danyl moaning again about how hard its been for him. Give it a break Danyl - thats the music industry for you - if you can't cope at this stage you wont make it far. I want to see Joe, Olly and Stacey for the final.

I loved Cheryl's dress though!

Yeah and what was with the Polar Bears? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Really hope Danyl goes :(
    Not that into it as the last few weeks so i don't really mind but i like him the least and really don't like how he sings!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Those clips with the judges commenting coming off stage are criiiiiiiinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I think it started early because of Top Gear starting early tonight :)

dolliemix wrote: »
    I tried to watch the x-factor today hungover but I fell asleep so I can't really comment on last nights performances but I did get Danyl moaning again about how hard its been for him. Give it a break Danyl - thats the music industry for you - if you can't cope at this stage you wont make it far. I want to see Joe, Olly and Stacey for the final.

I loved Cheryl's dress though!

Yeah and what was with the Polar Bears? :D

Ehm, I've no idea really, maybe it was supposed to the be the Earth Song he should have been singing??

Was a really funny choice of VT!

Got to be starting something - Jackson. Joe and Olly were good.When Danyl and Stacey were singing it was like they couldn't fit the words into the song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I think the song choices may just have saved Danyl. I reckon Stacey or Olly are the ones in danger, more so Olly. He's as good as gone IMO.:cool:

After the break - here comes the lady that is gaga!

I think the song choices may just have saved Danyl. I reckon Stacey or Olly are the ones in danger, more so Olly. He's as good as gone IMO.:cool:

No - I like Olly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,871 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lady Gaga - "Lady"? That's rich!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement