Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Ginny wrote: »
    Thank god he's gone, the OH had to come in to tell me was nuts when I started giving out to Danyl in the group song, that f-ing mike throwing was bloody annoying.

SO So so chuffed he's finally gone, now we just have to hope Lovely Joe doesn't win.

Keep hoping. He's had the competition in the bag since John & Edward left :P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Glee!
    Fantastic!

Ginny wrote: »
    Glee!
    Fantastic!

Aye - have the two albums too. :)

2w3yfsl.jpg

What is this Glee yokey? :confused:

• Advertisement

What is this Glee yokey? :confused:

http://www.fox.com/glee/

Funny, realistic with infidelity, sleeping around, gay issues, real bullying tackled, etc High School Musical - it's not!
    Singing yes - but funny, and real.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

dolliemix wrote: »
    oooh - Jedward will be back next week judging by Simon's smile
    Don't all the past contestants come back during the final anyway? He didn't mention anything about them performing anyway.. God, how I'd love if they did though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I think it's a mixture of High School Musical and Spectacular (a film on Nick) i'll watch it and see what it's like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The only thing that bothers me about Olly are all the girls who are "nuts" about him. But I'm betting he was the same before the X Factor and got ignored the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Thank Jesus Danyl's gone! :D

Olly or Joe to win! \o/

• Advertisement

I think it's a mixture of High School Musical and Spectacular (a film on Nick) i'll watch it and see what it's like.

Channel, time? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Biggins wrote: »

Funny, realistic with infidelity, sleeping around, gay issues, real bullying tackled, etc High School Musical - it's not!

Ah now, I dont know if I'd call it realistic... more tongue in cheek and intentionally over the top. It is a great show though. Everyone should watch!

Oooh em half 9 next Saturday i think? There's been lots of adds of Tv3 about it.

beanyb wrote: »
    Ah now, I dont know if I'd call it realistic... more tongue in cheek and intentionally over the top. It is a great show though. Everyone should watch!

Its not a Disney Channel format show thats for sure.
    Its like comparing a Club Orange to a whiskey - both come in a bottle but one has a more serious kick!

Given that its American, some subjects have to be treated carefully - but those that compare it to HSM really haven't watched it for more than an episode.

Oooh em half 9 next Saturday i think? There's been lots of adds of Tv3 about it.

I leave during ad breaks ^^.

Ooo - next week Jordan? LOL
    Gawd I hope not! She's already too busy partying at the mo!

Oops sorry just got the impression of High School Musical from it with all the singing and relationships and stuff but i havn't actually seen it as i only saw the add yesterday :o

Is it just me or does Andre's face look like boxers face? Punched too much!

Love Una's accent :D.

Jeasus, Gaga is back on again - without the makup!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

god damn it :( didnt want Danyl to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

emo!! wrote: »
    god damn it :( didnt want Danyl to go
    You freak :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Wonder who the duets will be with.
    Heard rumours of Paul McCartney, George Michael and Chris Martin of Coldplay.
    Dont think Chris M. would be intrested though, I think I read an article of his about the show a while back...

If this is true it would be:
    George with Joe
    Chris with Stacey
    Olly with Paul?

Hope John and Edward get plenty of airtime next week :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Downloaded the album above, sounds really really good!! Can't wait to see it - those three second adds have some people confused!!! It kept just flashing on during the day:D

You freak :p
    ha!!!

but in fairness, he was the best saturday night, his michael jackson song was AWESOME..

he shouldnt have gone, he is one of the best singers, they had this year

the press ruined it on him, and the bad feedback he got about being "cocky" off the judges.. without that , he would be the winner... fact

He will have time for a rest for a week or so then he will be joining the rest of them again for over 50 shows between here and England before the end of March.

Then after that when Simon launches X-Factor in the states, I suspect (as are some of the rumors too) that he will be introduced(maybe even to those that have not already watched the purchased brit shows there) more so over there on one of the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Devastated to see Danyl go tonight - honestly thought he was one of the best singers X Factor has ever had. I reckon that he has a huge career ahead of him though, looking forward to it :D

But I think it's unbelievable that there's so much hate surrounding him, considering that we saw about 10 minutes of him on TV a week. Never saw the cockiness - to me, he always came across as well spoken, mature and a genuinely nice guy. If we all had the same opinion, the world would be a very boring place, that's fair enough, but there's really no need for such horrible comments... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Anyone else starting to like Danyl more now that he's gone! Thought Olly crying was a little bit much especially when the others were waiting for the results still!

i dont think so, can you imagine the stress they must be under waiting to hear there name being called out

• Advertisement

I agree with you about Joe. Think he's a great singer. I really don't get this love of Stacey though. She can only sing ballads comfortably (in my opinion, as faster songs make her look uncomfortable). And ballads can get boring, ya know like! She's genuine and has a great personality (like Jedward), and a good voice (obviously not at leonas standards but good), I'll give her that much but I (and im guessing others too) like abit of fun and entertainment and the likes :D.

But still, I'm not referring to the comments that many of the others get on vocals after performances. Just the sneaky, bi*chy little ones, for example, by Danni after Lucie got kicked out (and in fairness, she did get voted off fair and square yet dannii rambled on and on..).

And cmon, some of the moves John & Edward do are preety good :D.

OK I guess Stacey is to me like Jedward is to you! Yes I really would love to see Stacey doing something upbeat but Dannii never gives her those types of songs. The way she sang in tonight's group performance was probably her fastest most upbeat, I liked it!

Ya I do remember her making sly remarks but I'd do the same if I was in her shoes! While it may be called 'The X Factor', it's primarily a singing competition and Lucie was the better singer (but personally I didn't think she was great).

I really did like seeing what John and Edward came up with every week but I don't think their moves were as good as people say they are. Average really!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement