Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

thermo66 wrote: »
    FFS i didn't know this was on, lucky i started flicking!!! Stupid changing the time around. The state of Cheryl ... she thinks she's at the Oscars :D

Haha she did look hilarious alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Not a bad suggestion by that caller there, it's getting ridiculous the amount of times Louis has gotten the groups. :pac:
    he only got them this year cause jedward were his "project"

seriously like that was all planned, like it was always shown as the other judges didnt like J&E .. yet they got through to the live finals... Louis just doesnt have the power to make that happen on his own.... my guessing is Simon, didnt want to look like he was putting them through, so gave Louis the groups so he could... so that they would be one group that was different and get people talking about the show again, cause lets face it , it was getting a bit stale

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Gaga is good, best Sunday performance to date IMO, Alexandra runs her close though.

My god I thought she was absolutely dreadful. I liked her other songs but I hate 'Bad Romance'! It wasn't entertaining in the slightest. Definitely not the best Sunday performance to date, I think that title belongs to Alicia Keys, Black Eyed Peas or Alexandra, all of who were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

danyl's out because of the heavy rumours that he's a pr*ck.

if this was judged on the performances each week, and the potential to have a career, him and Joe would be the top 2. end of story.

Olly has been exposed as horrendously cabaret, and devoid of real charisma, originality or a particularly good voice.

Stacey has a nice voice, but has no versatility, and no charisma. her voice is not strong enough for her to not have these two qualities imo.

I'm a fan of Joe. he's pretty boring, let's be honest, but he has an awesome voice and is painfully likeable.

Danyl is very talented in all aspects on stage. he has a bit of a screechy voice in patches, but it is an excellent one he has. he can also perform, and is tremendously versatile.

he lost because he was dislikeable. he did not lose on lack of talent, or anything of the sort. he lost because he comes across arrogant, and to be fair, if reports are to be believed, he is arrogant.

in one way it's a pity, because we won't have the best acts there next week, but ah well.

Stacey should not be there.

i'm going to say it. she is a joke. an absolute joke. her voice is not that good, and she can't perform. not in the slightest. if i hear f*cking Danni Minogue call her an 'amazing performer' and 'amazing talent' one more time i'll go to the studios myself, and put my foot through her face. utter garbage.

she's there because she's dumb, and it's funny. no other reason. she has no career in this business. none.

'ah but she's lovely'...f*ck off.

rant over ;)

anyway, it's a predictable popularity contest. which Joe should win, with Stacey second.

i'll be shocked if it doesn't happen that way.

SlickRic wrote: »
    danyl's out because of the heavy rumours that he's a pr*ck.

if this was judged on the performances each week, and the potential to have a career, him and Joe would be the top 2. end of story.

Olly has been exposed as horrendously cabaret, and devoid of real charisma, originality or a particularly good voice.

Stacey has a nice voice, but has no versatility, and no charisma. her voice is not strong enough for her to not have these two qualities imo.

I'm a fan of Joe. he's pretty boring, let's be honest, but he has an awesome voice and is painfully likeable.

Danyl is very talented in all aspects on stage. he has a bit of a screechy voice in patches, but it is an excellent one he has. he can also perform, and is tremendously versatile.

he lost because he was dislikeable. he did not lose on lack of talent, or anything of the sort. he lost because he comes across arrogant, and to be fair, if reports are to be believed, he is arrogant.

in one way it's a pity, because we won't have the best acts there next week, but ah well.

Stacey should not be there.

i'm going to say it. she is a joke. an absolute joke. her voice is not that good, and she can't perform. not in the slightest. if i hear f*cking Danni Minogue call her an 'amazing performer' and 'amazing talent' one more time i'll go to the studios myself, and put my foot through her face. utter garbage.

she's there because she's dumb, and it's funny. no other reason. she has no career in this business. none.

'ah but she's lovely'...f*ck off.

rant over ;)

anyway, it's a predictable popularity contest. which Joe should win, with Stacey second.

i'll be shocked if it doesn't happen that way.

I agree with you on how Danyl lost and how he was actually really good. But I found him boring and lacking in originality. He just doesn't bring anything new.

Yes Olly definitely isn't as great as he is perceived to be. He's just popular!

I don't think Joe is boring, I think he makes each song he sings great. He's so different from the rest of them. I suppose if you don't like ballads and slow songs you are going to find him boring.

How can you say Stacey's there because she's dumb. That is a total insult and I wouldn't believe it for a second. She is there beacuse she is a good performer and has an amazing personality.

Also we will have the best acts there next week (them being Joe and Stacey).

• Advertisement

she does have a great personailty, but she doesnt bring that on stage with her

her Michael jackson perfromance, was painful to watch, she just wasnt comfortable... she is not a great performer .. also the week before when she was lying on the piano, she wasnt comfortable there either, for me it seems anything other than standing in the middle of the stage, she finds difficult to do.. and if she was to win, id say she would find it difficult , cause all she could really do is ballad after ballad after ballad, cause she wouldnt be able to premote anything else tbf

how you can say this...
    But I found him boring and lacking in originality. He just doesn't bring anything new.

about Danyl; but this
    She is there beacuse she is a good performer and has an amazing personality.

about Stacey, is amusing.

she has an amazing personality if you like someone twittering about inanely. it's extremely irritating for me. and i'm not convinced it's not an act. she definitely turns up the ditsyness a few notches in those interviews.

in particular, on stage, she has nothing performance wise. the one time they try to get her to do something different, her vocals fall apart, and she looks uncomfortable. once again, her voice isn't amazing.
    Yes Olly definitely isn't as great as he is perceived to be. He's just popular!

why i don't know. he's as up himself as Danyl is. he just hasn't received the press, or been brought up on it by the judges. the other judges saw Danyl as the one to beat early, took him down a peg or two, made the public doubt, and the rest is history. Danyl is probably a d*ck given there are too many people saying he is, but in a lot of respects he was shafted by the judges.

for instance, Danyl did the same things with 'Man In The Mirror' last night that he did in week 1 & 2 when he was getting slated for his 'cockiness'. this week he gets lauded for having 'returned to the Danyl we originally loved'.

bollox of the highest order. they'd already screwed him over with the public weeks ago.
    I don't think Joe is boring, I think he makes each song he sings great. He's so different from the rest of them. I suppose if you don't like ballets and slow songs you are going to find him boring.

i can't imagine watching him in concert. i'll be asleep by 40 minutes. a musical, yes. a pop concert, no thanks. he's talented, has an awesome voice, can perform, and makes you believe what he's singing. but to an extent, he is quite boring.

having said that, i do want him to win. he's likeable, and can sing. that's as good as we can hope for this year now.
    Also we will have the best acts there next week (them being Joe and Stacey).

as i've said, Joe yes, Stacey no. too bland. above average voice, nothing else. no performance skills, and a personality that amuses people.

emo!! wrote: »
    she does have a great personailty, but she doesnt bring that on stage with her

her Michael jackson perfromance, was painful to watch, she just wasnt comfortable... she is not a great performer .. also the week before when she was lying on the piano, she wasnt comfortable there either, for me it seems anything other than standing in the middle of the stage, she finds difficult to do.. and if she was to win, id say she would find it difficult , cause all she could really do is ballad after ballad after ballad, cause she wouldnt be able to premote anything else tbf

I suppose everybody has different opinions but I thought it was great to see her not doing a ballad. It showed a more sexy side to her. I'd say most people didn't think it was bad, but just not her.

Is anyone else disappointed that the winner's (Joe) song will supposedly be a cover of Miley Cyrus' 'The Climb'? Not a fan of Miley Cyrus at all so hate the song before he'll even release it. Definitely aimed at the teenybopper market. I also hate that 'Glee' crap TV3 are advertising. It's painful!

yeah she looked hot, but she didnt perform at all, was really bad performance for so late in the competition

It a bad song, but has been totally picked for Joe, like if Olly won... seriously Olly singing the climb.. doesnt suit him

and Glee looks good ha! .. i need something new to watch seening as most the shows im watching are coming to an end sooN

I suppose everybody has different opinions but I thought it was great to see her not doing a ballad. It showed a more sexy side to her.

it was good to see her try something different.

but it was sh*t and uncomfortable looking.

she looked anything like a pop star.

just because she's nice, naive and a bit of fun does not mean she should be excused for sh*t performances.

yes, it's a popularity contest, i'm not naive enough to think it's not, but don't be blinded because you think she has an amazing personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Cant see anyone but west end Joe winning it now.Lovely voice but imo he lacks the pop star potential.
    Danyl was always my choice to win it but media killed him.Hope he has a big career ahead of him.

Looking forward to the duets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

SlickRic wrote: »
    it was good to see her try something different.

but it was sh*t and uncomfortable looking.

she looked anything like a pop star.

just because she's nice, naive and a bit of fun does not mean she should be excused for sh*t performances.

yes, it's a popularity contest, i'm not naive enough to think it's not, but don't be blinded because you think she has an amazing personality.
    She should have directed herself. When you compare her audition, Queen Song, and Somewhere, she sounds completely different to the up-tempo, Keane/Coldplay songs she did

No idea where Danni got that from

I'd gladly hear her sing all good ballads in her own style
    Risks are only good when you pull them off, and they rehearse all week so it's shockin how they think some songs will sound good

I think Stacey CAN be great, but it's a very specific combination they need to get right

Danyl + gone = fookin dalireh! woop woop

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I doubt who they sign this year will be another Leona. General opinion seems to be the winner will be another Leon. So there won't be a return on his investment.

I watched for Jedward and tonight in the hopes of seeing Danyl be booted off. I'll be buying RATM single next week in the hopes that it goes to number 1 instead of X Factor.

I have no interest in pop music at all. Just waiting for the day for Cowell to fall flat on his botoxed smug face.

are you mad?

there wont be a return on his investment?
    how much do you reckon they have made in votes alone for the whole series and then there is advertising too

steve feckin brookstein got a number one his, its virtually guaranteed that the winner will be christmas number 1

then there is the tour next year, which will probably sell out too.

there is no chance that he wont make money on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

raven136 wrote: »
    Cant see anyone but west end Joe winning it now.Lovely voice but imo he lacks the pop star potential.
    Danyl was always my choice to win it but media killed him.Hope he has a big career ahead of him.

Looking forward to the duets.

Agree - Dan was my fav too. Best singer by a country mile. Got an awful time by the press.. Like to see Olly win it now / but not that bothered now Daniel is gone,
    > Olly
    > Stacy
    > Cliff Richard - Sorry Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Danyl was very graceful in his exit and tbh he was one probably the best of a bad lot of Saturday night

I so want Olly to win but its all being set for Joe to win

Simon is a smug twat who doesnt like any negative callers for him on Xtra Factor

BTW Louis wants to manage Joe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 omlette

Don't agree at all with those of you saying Danyl lost it due to the bad press. I liked his first audition (looking back, mainly because it was a great song!), but didn't like any of his performances after that. The reason being his voice really grates! In any given song he won't hit 60% of the notes. He'll hit the big big ones (where he can shout) but the rest of the song is always "twangy" and flat and I can't listen to him without scrunching up my face in musical pain!

Anyway! Just had to put that out there! Joe to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

omlette wrote: »
    Don't agree at all with those of you saying Danyl lost it due to the bad press. I liked his first audition (looking back, mainly because it was a great song!), but didn't like any of his performances after that. The reason being his voice really grates! In any given song he won't hit 60% of the notes. He'll hit the big big ones (where he can shout) but the rest of the song is always "twangy" and flat and I can't listen to him without scrunching up my face in musical pain!

Anyway! Just had to put that out there! Joe to win!

Agree 100% about your comments on Danyl. I genuinely don't like his voice either, as people have already said, he's very nasally and over the top. Also don't like his performances, the mic throwing thing was amusing (at a push) the first time but it quickly gets old. And don't get me started on the dramatic head-turn everytime there's a pause in the song. Gah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

I hope Olly doesn't win, I can't stand the way he dances and the way he celebrates when he name gets called out!

Now that Dan has gone Stacey all the way, it's good to still have some eye candy in the competition. ;) I do agree with the above posters, she did look very uncomfortable singing her second song.

Dan was the best singer out of them all- had the pop star look too. I never really saw him as being arrogant! :confused:

Eoinite wrote: »

Dan was the best singer out of them all- had the pop star look too. I never really saw him as being arrogant! :confused:

Well it's all subjective I guess! I really hate Danyl's voice, it grates on me so much. Also don't think he's attractive in the slightest, quite the opposite in fact.

Did anyone see Simon and Danyl being interviewed on Xtra Factor with Holly and the final 3 you could see Stacey didnt like Danyl one bit and was glad he was gone (after all he did bully her)

• Advertisement

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/111551/X-FACTOR-STARS-FIGHT/

BEHIND-the-scenes bust-ups and vicious rows marred the X Factor semi-final weekend.

Insiders revealed that there were a string of X-rated tantrums between Olly Murs, Danyl Johnson, Stacey Solomon and Joe McElderry as they fought to reach this weekend’s final. #bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }

Just minutes after Danyl was booted off, an X Factor source revealed: “It might have been all smiles in front of the cameras but it was a different story backstage.

“Nerves were really playing havoc with them all. There was a lot of bickering and back-biting about the songs which had been selected.

“Several of the contestants were far from happy with their choices.

“Olly and Danyl hadn’t been in the best of humour all week.

“Meanwhile, Stacey also seemed to be struggling with her toothache.

“Only Joe appeared to rise above it all and just got on with performing his songs. But the fact that he was praised by all the judges caused even more backstage tension.

“It’s the hardest week of all because the contestants know one will miss out on the final.”

Olly, 25, and Danyl, 27, have already been involved in a long-running feud and have not spoken to each other for three weeks, sources claimed.

And, it was alleged, the pair squared up to each other in the X Factor house last week during an angry row.

A source claimed the pair’s moods were caused by “jealousy” and the feeling they had been “stitched up”.

They were said to be “devastated” to learn Hannah Montana track The Climb was show boss Simon Cowell’s choice for the winner’s first single as it would suit a younger singer.

Meanwhile, cocky reject Danyl - who now faces a return to his teaching job in Kent - upset sexy single mum Stacey, 20, by claiming she should be at home looking after her 18-month-old son.

To add to the drama, the judges have also been bickering and back-biting about each other’s acts, with Simon, 50, upsetting both Louis Walsh, 57, and Cheryl Cole, 26.

Meanwhile, Aussie panelist Dannii Minogue, 38, and Cheryl have also angered Simon over their alleged verbal “bullying” of Danyl.

But they all agreed on Geordie sensation Joe, 18. The bookies’ favourite rose above the squabbles to let his

performance do the talking, with blistering versions of Michael Jackson’s She’s Out of My Life and Journey’s Open Arms.

Louis gushed: “You have the talent to sell millions of records. There’s a big, big gap in the market for someone like you.”

Dannii added: “You just sing like a dream. I can hear you all over the radio, all over the records.”

Simon confessed: “I’m proud of you.” And Joe’s mentor Cheryl added: “I’m prouder.”

The semi-final shows, capped by last night’s performances by Janet Jackson, 43, and Lady GaGa, 23, had a total audience of over 30million.

Danyl, 27, said: “I might have gone out in the semi-final but I’ve gone out to some of the best people I’ve ever met.”

Mentor Simon Cowell said he was “genuinely upset” at his exit.

The pop mogul told host Dermot O’Leary: “There is nothing more I could have done. It’s just one of those things. He has gone out on a high.”

• Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can we ban these tabloid stories? Utter bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

basquille wrote: »
    Can we ban these tabloid stories? Utter bollocks!

+1

Or even make a new thread to discuss media speculation.

JP Liz wrote: »
    Did anyone see Simon and Danyl being interviewed on Xtra Factor with Holly and the final 3 you could see Stacey didnt like Danyl one bit and was glad he was gone (after all he did bully her)
    Yeah when Stacey was announced as through and Danyl came to hug her she wasnt havin none of it

No point pretendin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

JP Liz wrote: »

That was REPORTED in the paper so yes i guess it must be true :rolleyes::rolleyes:

X Factor auditions to return to Ireland in 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Course they are, Ireland has the biggest number of mentalists willing to audition :D

Sorry, double post. According to Daily Mail, duets are as follows:

Stacey &
    Michael Buble

Joe &
    George Michael

Olly &
    Robbie Williams

Pretty impressive lineup, especially Joe's! Most looking forward to Olly's though. Stacey's could be a bit meh...

Isnt Sir Paul also on the final show?

According to Karen on Xpose Danyl aint very nice backstage

• Advertisement

Well theres no question of Olly winning, he just wont :P

This is the first time they all have international stars

I think Michael Buble is the most active at the moment, too bad he's a cxnt! :P
    Although, he wouldnt be as big in the UK as the other too

Hope they do good Christmas songs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement