Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

unreggd wrote: »

This is the first time they all have international stars

Robbie aint international only Buble is

Michael has gone down in the later years but i guess is still international

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

unreggd wrote: »
    I think Michael Buble is the most active at the moment, too bad he's a cxnt! :P

what?

anytime i've seen him he is charming and pretty humble.

he's got an heir of confidence, but what's wrong with that?

he's a talented, good looking man. why shouldn't he be?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What happened to Sir Paul? :(

I was secretly hoping he'd do Come Together with Olly, I really liked that!

(I for some reason didn't think George Michael would be welcome on "family entertainment" type shows like the X Factor but I'm glad that he is)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Makes it more all the more depressing the fact that we will never see Jedward duet with
    Robbie
    , singing
    Rock DJ
    :(

Jedward :( *sniff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah Buble seems like a really nice bloke, I read an article a few weeks ago where he was talking about Leon Jackson, how he's still in touch with him and feels he didn't get a fair crack of the whip. It's easy for these guys to forget about the likes of Leon Jackson so fair play to him.

If
    Robbie
    gets his **** together then he could do something really good with Olly.
    George
    and Joe are bound to do
    Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
    so that should be good. I hope they don't make Stacey duet with
    Buble
    using one of his own songs like
    Home
    or something. It'd be great to see them do Unforgettable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

joe should do last christmas with george for the xmas song.

I'm pretty depressed, you know what would have been amazing?

Jedward and Ant and Dec singing Let's Get Ready to Rumble :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

phasers wrote: »
    I'm pretty depressed, you know what would have been amazing?

Jedward and Ant and Dec singing Let's Get Ready to Rumble :(
    This.
    I have been saying it since day one and I staying hopeful that one day..
    For their audition and bootcamp it was played in the background so the producer(?) must agree with us too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

X Factor auditions to return to Ireland in 2010!

Oh God!
    Hope it's not gonna be a whole You're A Star episode all over again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

haha Brendan Killkenny surely will make an apperance!

• Advertisement

I saw brendan kilkenny waiting for the bus near where I live, he still has the mullet and wears that manky white suit :eek:

ah jaysus... someone needs to tell him thats no cool ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

seriously, what's the difference between Brendan Kilkenny and John and Edward?

For me they are both cringe worthingly embarrassing.

Because they are 18 year old "kids", whereas it's just embarassing seeing a middle aged man like Kilkenny doing his "act". :p At least Jedward can make you smile, even if it is at their expense. Kilkenny on the other hand, I just feel sorry for the bloke, it's hide behind your hands cringeworthy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Well when do John and Edward stop being embarrassing 18 year old "kids" and start looking like embarrassing 18 year old adults?

The have no talent. They can't sing, they can't dance. I'll give them credit for the effort they put in to what Louis gave them every week but everyone of their performances was a "hide behind hands" cringeworthy performance.

I really don't get this whole 'Jedward' crap! It feels like it's being peddled just because they're Irish which is really annoying!

Okay, i'm letting this go now as I'll only get worked up about it!!

I'm not a fan either, I don't think they are very talented, apparently they are already getting negative reactions at public appearances. However at least I can laugh at them, can't say the same thing about Kilkenny I'm afraid. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mods feel free to delete this post if deemed necessary but the National Council Of The Blind are holding an X-Factor party in the Odeon this Saturday.

All details are found in this thread.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63384156#post63384156

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Oooooh so someone's gonna be kicked off on Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oooooh so someone's gonna be kicked off on Saturday night!

So there'll be only 2 people then for the final result on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I've said it in another thread and I'll say it here again.

Why do people like Joe so much? I mean, he's got a nice enough voice, but is rather...dull, would you not say?

I do like Stacey, seems like a nice girl, and I would be happy for her if she won...but does she deserve it? Again, we have better versions of her out there already... (Leona, Alex)

I really do think Olly deserves to win. I think he tends to over-react alot yes, but still he's different, he can sing any song thrown at him - he just HAS the X-Factor IMO.

Has Stacey/Joe ever sung anything other than ballads? (this is an actual question - I haven't seen every live show, only going on episodes I've seen, and to my knowledge they haven't)

• Advertisement

Jedward are performing this weekend on the show yes?

I would love to have seen Olly and Beyonce do Single Ladies and Jedward and Ant and Dec with Lets Get Ready to Rumble :(

What happened to Sir Paul? :(

I was secretly hoping he'd do Come Together with Olly, I really liked that!

(I for some reason didn't think George Michael would be welcome on "family entertainment" type shows like the X Factor but I'm glad that he is)
    I was hoping he would do that with Olly aswell, that was by far my fave Olly performance.

JP Liz wrote: »
    Jedward are performing this weekend on the show yes?

I would love to have seen Olly and Beyonce do Single Ladies and Jedward and Ant and Dec with Lets Get Ready to Rumble :(
    ant and dec would never of doing that! ha.. they're always very embarrassed when anyone mentions there "singing careers to them"

*continues reading , Ant & Dec's book*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

I suppose it's crazy looking for them now but I'll be in London this weekend. Does anyone know where you can pick up X-Factor Tickets, if they're even available? My internet searches have revealed nothing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

emo!! wrote: »
    ant and dec would never of doing that! ha.. they're always very embarrassed when anyone mentions there "singing careers to them"

*continues reading , Ant & Dec's book*

Classic, that made me laugh :D It would have been super if they did that!
    I suppose it's crazy looking for them now but I'll be in London this weekend. Does anyone know where you can pick up X-Factor Tickets, if they're even available? My internet searches have revealed nothing so far.

http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-tv-shows.php

I don't think there's any available though, maybe email that website to ask?

Lucie Jones thinks Louis should be fired :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

JP Liz wrote: »
    Lucie Jones thinks Louis should be fired :mad:

Why? Thats gonna help her chances of a career isn't it. Lois ain't going anywhere, he's Simon's bestie and it would be boring without him and Simon bickering and evryone ringing up to give out about him!!

Lucie will end up working as a lookalike for Kristen Stewart if she's not careful :D

Lucie Jones is a nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

thermo66 wrote: »
    Why? Thats gonna help her chances of a career isn't it. Lois ain't going anywhere, he's Simon's bestie and it would be boring without him and Simon bickering and evryone ringing up to give out about him!!

Lucie will end up working as a lookalike for Kristen Stewart if she's not careful :D

You mean if she's lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lucie Jones is a nobody.
    Couldnt have said it better myself.
    Shes just trying to get people to remember her name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement