Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

kkdoll wrote: »
    notice the smug face on her before they went to the clip of her with Kandy Rain?

No I didn't. But I didn't need to see it. The camera was in her face while she was doing it. It was all about her. Don't like her much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Not to be too harsh but i thought she was right because they wanted to prove they were different came back the exact same.
    Great show though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So no sign of Danni Minogue apologising yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

She did it at the start of the results show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

She "apologised" by saying that it was all a big joke and that Danyl took it in good humour, even though he clearly didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

phasers wrote: »
    She "apologised" by saying that it was all a big joke and that Danyl took it in good humour, even though he clearly didn't
    yes, it was pathetic...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

*Prepares for shocked replies*

Am I the only one who thinks afro Jamie is exceptionally over rated????:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Not to be too harsh but i thought she was right because they wanted to prove they were different came back the exact same.
    Great show though.

The Mrs. just showed me Page 148-149 of the June 2009 edition of Glamour magazine, featuring Girls Aloud performing on stage.

All of the band, including Cheryl are showing more skin in sluttier outfits than Kandy Rain. But OF COURSE when Cheryl does it it's GLAM, and STYLE, but when other people do it, it's slutty and dance-poley. Typical hypocrisy of this industry and the people who support this kind of 'music.'

Female jealousy/insecurity is a powerful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

LBD wrote: »
    *Prepares for shocked replies*

Am I the only one who thinks afro Jamie is exceptionally over rated????:o

:eek: Oh no you di- Yeah :o

But I still like him :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Cheryl and Danni both backtracked on their comments yesterday with planned apologies.. idiots!

Twins were awesome in the group song :D Glad they stayed in. Rachael should have went

• Advertisement

LOL, someone just texted in on Xtra Factor saying that Jeremy Clarkson should be a judge.

Now THAT I would like to see :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

I can’t understand why Boyzone fans are upset by jokes about Stephen Gately.

It’s only words...

I can’t understand why Boyzone fans are upset by jokes about Stephen Gately.

It’s only words...
    Repeat them for a nice long ban.

LOL, someone just texted in on Xtra Factor saying that Jeremy Clarkson should be a judge.

Simon said no cos he'd be funnier than him :pac:

Twins were awesome in the group song :D Glad they stayed in. Rachael should have went

Some people should not be allowed to use a telephone. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

When Simon was on top gear he said Jeremy couldnt be a judge because he was so unfashionable......ahem pot kettle black???? lol

LBD wrote: »
    When Simon was on top gear he said Jeremy couldnt be a judge because he was so unfashionable......ahem pot kettle black???? lol

Yup, he said that the tg3 are like the judges.

Hammond = Danni -Small and cute (not sure if that's altogether true now though...)
    James = Louis - A bit grey
    And Jezza = Sort of him, but funnier.

Yup, he said that the tg3 are like the judges.

Hammond = Danni -Small and cute (not sure if that's altogether true now though...)
    James = Louis - A bit grey
    And Jezza = Sort of him, but funnier.
    Cheryl would be Top Gear Dog then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Memnoch wrote: »

The Mrs. just showed me Page 148-149 of the June 2009 edition of Glamour magazine, featuring Girls Aloud performing on stage.

All of the band, including Cheryl are showing more skin in sluttier outfits than Kandy Rain. But OF COURSE when Cheryl does it it's GLAM, and STYLE, but when other people do it, it's slutty and dance-poley. Typical hypocrisy of this industry and the people who support this kind of 'music.'

Female jealousy/insecurity is a powerful thing.

I get that it's just the fact they told everyone they wanted to be seen differently and then were the same as before where as Girls Aloud didn't do that, thats what she Cheryl said anyway. But im sure there was a hint of jealousy there.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I get that it's just the fact they told everyone they wanted to be seen differently and then were the same as before where as Girls Aloud didn't do that, thats what she Cheryl said anyway. But im sure there was a hint of jealousy there.

They had come out saying that they didn't want to be known just as the strippers, that they wanted to be known as singers - and then they come out looking like that!

Friedman said afterwards if they were still there, he would have spiced them up further. Would have been interesting to see the comment after that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I expected a better reaction for Flo Rida ( a top hip hop US artist)

Alexandra gave a great performance - she looks like Keri Hilson

Robbie was terrible

I expected maybe the finalists would perform a Boyzone song or medley for the opening given the fact Boyzone performed as last year's final

Bye Bye Kandy Rain - is it back to the dayjobs or nightjobs for them?

The irish lass for Kandy Rain can sing she should have auditioned as a solo performer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I agree that Cheryl made those comments because kandy rain's outfits contradicting everything they said previously, not sure jealousy comes into it though, not on Cheryl's part at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

I'm ****tin:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

They had come out saying that they didn't want to be known just as the strippers, that they wanted to be known as singers - and then they come out looking like that!

Friedman said afterwards if they were still there, he would have spiced them up further. Would have been interesting to see the comment after that!
    They just looked a slight bit better than the average girl group, hardly a crime...what Girls Aloud wear is far worse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm ****tin:rolleyes:

Bit slow on the uptake there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

People need to remember that the contestants don't choose their outfits! Kandy Rain were put in those outfits so it's not their fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I think the stylist for Kandy Rain was going for the Lady Gaga look maybe

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

People need to remember that the contestants don't choose their outfits! Kandy Rain were put in those outfits so it's not their fault

Brian Friedman is responsible for the outfits - he said they should play to their strengths, and was gonna put them in the same sort of clothes if they were there next week!

Can't wait for next week! Big diva songs are one of my favourites types of song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 samilou

I agree its not their fault, but they werent great singers (the girl group louis sent home were better) Also they did say themselves they didnt want to be protrayed like strippers...who really cares what any of them done before??

Love X Factor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bubblefizz

whycliff wrote: »
    Every one wore differnet clothes for "i got a feeling", and changed back into their outfits from last night... should have went to specsavers love..

Yeah they had denim co-ordinating outfits which loooked way better on them!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement