Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Bah

I knew Olly would go through, but I was hopin Stacey would

She was really good tonight

Skarleh for Robbie missin his own cue :P

I dont think Buble did Stacey any favours, he's not THAT big in the UK, esp compared to Robbie and George

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

SlickRic wrote: »
    danyl was the only one who potentially had it all.

but he ruined it all with his reported arrogance.

and the judges ruined it all by their vendetta against him at the start, telling him his performances were too cocky.

never approached being the same man again until the week he left, where his performance of 'Man In The Mirror' was wonderful.

michael is rolling over in his grave!! Daniel BUTCHERED man in the mirror!! Among other things, parts of it were too low for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just listened to Buble and Stacey again, hands fown the best duet by a mile, probably the best performance of the night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Just listened to Buble and Stacey again, hands fown the best duet by a mile, probably the best performance of the night too.
    Defo, they actually had chemistry

George and Joe were takin too big chunks, and barely sang anything together

And Robbie was on the tic tacs again I'd say :P

Out of all of them, Staceys the only one who didn't have stage experience, and she got way better over the course of the show
    Joe was always perfect
    Olly is just annoyin

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gonna' watch it tonight, and for one reason, Jedward are on.

At least someone will brighten up this borefest' programme.

Joe is the best singer, apparently he got 52 percent of the vote last night.

It said Stacey got 27 and Olly 21, but that must have been
    a misprint, as Stacey got voted off.

She's a very good singer, but should be banned from ever speaking on tv.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »

Oh ya because Jedward are so entertaining and really give spectacular performances with powerful vocals. And talk about great choreography! Then there is their really interesting personalities, they are just so funny and natural! And don't forget they really have stage presence. Absolute bull****! They have not one of these things. I honestly can't figure out how people like them so much and how so many people here do too. I'm so glad they didn't make it any further than they did.

Ya Stacey really was the best last night.....she was on fire! Can't believe average boring Ollie got through instead. But I was going for Joe anyway so here's to him winning and beating Ollie comfortably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I can't believe as much as I love them that jedward get to sing with PAUL MCCARTNEY

:O

I'm a terrible singer! I better get to sing with a former Beatle!

Oh ya because Jedward are so entertaining and really give spectacular performances with powerful vocals. And talk about great choreography! Then there is their really interesting personalities, they are just so funny and natural! And don't forget they really have stage presence. Absolute bull****! They have not one of these things. I honestly can't figure out how people like them so much and how so many people here do too. I'm so glad they didn't make it any further than they did.

Ya Stacey really was the best last night.....she was on fire! Can't believe average boring Ollie got through instead. But I was going for Joe anyway so here's to him winning and beating Ollie comfortably.

You aren't a tad bit jealous of their success?

That's usually the case here in Ireland when folks do well for themselves.

Are they the best dancers, singers? No. Do they have the X Factor? In spades....

In honesty, when folks are asked to recall X Factor 2009 and what they remember, it won't be Stacey, or Olly, or Joe or any other ten a penny singer, it will be the fun, excitement and breath of fresh air that Jedward brought to a rather dull show

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Or maybe those numbers are bullsh*t? :p

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    Or maybe those numbers are bullsh*t? :p

Yeah, possibly. I don't think the figures are released. If they are true, then I doubt Joe can lose, unless of course there is a massive vacillation in the voting pattern

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah, that's what I thought, I couldn't see Jedward alone getting to perform with Paul. They are probably going to do Hey Jude (what else :pac:).

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I thought, I couldn't see Jedward alone getting to perform with Paul. They are probably going to do Hey Jude (what else :pac:).

Or, Hey Jed:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Aww I wanted a Jedward/Sir Paul performance!

I don't care about any of the others, stupid Danyl will probably just shout over everyone anyway

You aren't a tad bit jealous of their success?

That's usually the case here in Ireland when folks do well for themselves.

Are they the best dancers, singers? No. Do they have the X Factor? In spades....

No I'm not jealous as I'm not a jealous person. I'm actually happy for them. It's great they have become semi-famous and are going to make a fortune. They must be really chuffed. I suppose I'm just saying I don't particularly get the whole phenomenon. Their performances were funny but became boring after awhile. Anyone could do the same car crash performances. They don't entertain me in the slightest. Well the most important ingredient of the X Factor is a good voice and they don't have that.

In honesty, when folks are asked to recall X Factor 2009 and what they remember, it won't be Stacey, or Olly, or Joe or any other ten a penny singer, it will be the fun, excitement and breath of fresh air that Jedward brought to a rather dull show

Actually you are wrong. They will remember Jedward but also 'Geordie' Joe with the amazing voice and 'ditzy' Stacey from Dagenham with the amazing personality.

That was just some 'News of The World' poll conducted on 6,000 people, asking them who they'd vote for.

That was just some News of The World poll conducted on 6,000 people, asking them who they'd vote for.

Well, they were blatantly misleading, as they never said this in their report.

I see Prince Harry was at the show last night, and it is also reported that he was
    rooting for Jedward from the beginning. Fair play to Harry, he obviously has some taste, all he needs now is to get a decent looking burd!

No I'm not jealous as I'm not a jealous person. I'm actually happy for them. It's great they have become semi-famous and are going to make a fortune. They must be really chuffed. I suppose I'm just saying I don't particularly get the whole phenomenon. Their performances were funny but became boring after awhile. Anyone could do the same car crash performances. They don't entertain me in the slightest. Well the most important ingredient of the X Factor is a good voice and they don't have that.

Anyone couldn't do the same "car crash" performances. It was them who could pull off these kind of acts, and why? Well, because they had the talent and that something different and unique. That is why they were the ACT this year. The rest had nothing different or unique. Nothing exciting at all about any of them.

Robbie Williams and Macca saw something in Jedward, so they cannot have been bad.

• Advertisement

Well, they were blatantly misleading, as they never said this in their report.

I see Prince Harry was at the show last night, and it is also reported that he was
    rooting for Jedward from the beginning. Fair play to Harry, he obviously has some taste, all he needs now is to get a decent looking burd!

I didn't notice it straight away but it's there alright. Serves us right for reading that rag! I thought it said he was rooting for Joe no? Clearly has good music taste then!

Actually you are wrong. They will remember Jedward but also 'Geordie' Joe with the amazing voice and 'ditzy' Stacey from Dagenham with the amazing personality.
    Are you takin' the piss?

What is amazing about a person sounding retarded/drunk/dumb CONSTANTLY?

After a few mins, it is no longer endearing or funny, it is plain depressing, embarrassing and irritating.

Rob, I see that now with the NOTW. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I still remember Robbie in This Morning asking "How are Jedward?" in a properly concerned voice and saying he worried about them and thought they were great. Holly looked disgusted because she's a biased cow

Anyone couldn't do the same "car crash" performances. It was them who could pull off these kind of acts, and why? Well, because they had the talent and that something different and unique. That is why they were the ACT this year. The rest had nothing different or unique. Nothing exciting at all about any of them.

Robbie Williams and Macca saw something in Jedward, so they cannot have been bad.

Well I thoroughly disagree. My view is the other finalists great vocals, loveable, unique personalities and entertaining performances set them apart(even from last years awful bunch). Jedward are unoriginal, uninteresting and talentless but nice guys who had the time of their life on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

im a big olly fan and delighted he got through, shame for stacey though, i thought her first 2 songs were great even with buble out of it beside her.(he's the coolest man alive-wanna go for pints with him!)

joe has it in the bag unfortunately.

Are you takin' the piss?

What is amazing about a person sounding retarded/drunk/dumb CONSTANTLY?

After a few mins, it is no longer endearing or funny, it is plain depressing, embarrassing and irritating.

Is that why Britain is is in love with her? Well amazing was an overstatement, it was a compliment. I just think she's the most down to earth, lovable, funniest, entertaining out of the finalists. What you said above about her is what I feel about Jedward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Watching it now on TV3, although I did already hear the result. :(
    Was really hoping Stacey would get to the final, great voice and a hilarious personality. Her exit has only strengthened my hatred of Michael Buble; I blame him. :mad:

Is that why Britain is is in love with her? Well amazing was an overstatement, it was a compliment. I just think she's the most down to earth, lovable, funniest, entertaining out of the finalists. What you said above about her is what I feel about Jedward.

Do you not think she is so overplaying the ditsy routine?

I have heard her interviewed where she can actually behave like a normal
    human being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I agree! Jedward were entertaining but it is right that they didn't get to the final - they were beginning to get a bit samey at that stage. I think the most memorable performances of the entire show were stacey and michael buble (just a classy effortless performance), olly singing 'fool in love', jedward with ghostbusters and joe singing 'sorry seems to be the hardest word'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement