Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

phasers wrote: »
    I still remember Robbie in This Morning asking "How are Jedward?" in a properly concerned voice and saying he worried about them and thought they were great. Holly looked disgusted because she's a biased cow

Oh she'll never be liked by you. That is until she has them on her show again and tells them what fantastic performers they are and how she can't wait until they have a record out, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

walshb wrote: »
    Do you not think she is so overplaying the ditsy routine?

I have heard her interviewed where she can actually behave like a normal
    human being.

No I think it's just her being natural, which is what she should be. No I haven't seen it, feel free to post a link. As I've said before why would she fake it? It would eventually end in her being found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No I think it's just her being natural, which is what she should be. No I haven't seen it, feel free to post a link. As I've said before why would she fake it? It would eventually end in her being found out.

I can't post a link, it's during her time on the show, snippets here and there where she is talking perfectly okay without the ridiculous OTT stupidity

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Well, they were blatantly misleading, as they never said this in their report.

I see Prince Harry was at the show last night, and it is also reported that he was
    rooting for Jedward from the beginning. Fair play to Harry, he obviously has some taste, all he needs now is to get a decent looking burd!
    Both him and Chelsey are huge John and Edward fans. Theres videos of them getting special backstage performances :)
    Watching it now on TV3, although I did already hear the result. :(
    Was really hoping Stacey would get to the final, great voice and a hilarious personality. Her exit has only strengthened my hatred of Michael Buble; I blame him. :mad:
    How does anyone hate Michael Buble? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

how can anyone hate michael buble!?

god cheryl annoys me, watchin it on tv3 and shes trying to force out a gypsy-tear for joe.so staged!

• Advertisement

df1985 wrote: »

god cheryl annoys me, watchin it on tv3 and shes trying to force out a gypsy-tear for joe.so staged!

Cole is the most hideously irritating celebrity. The second she speaks, I mute her. Chav!

I actually find Buble quite cabaret and predictable; not to mention annoyingly cheesy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

deise_girl wrote: »
    How does anyone hate Michael Buble? :eek:

A glorified karaoke singer, not an ounce of originality and can't stand his music. "Home" is an irritating, whiney dirge. "Everything" is bland as paint. Every cover he does is vastly inferior to the original.
    He thinks he's some 21st century crooner but he's not fcuking Frank Sinatra and he should stop trying. :mad:

Listening to their duet now; Stacey sounds great, he sounds distinctly average.

EDIT: and +1 to what walshb said. Predictable, cabaraet, cheesy - perfect description.

Anyone not looking forward to Miley Cyrus and Ronan Keating tonight? I will definitely be making the tea when they come on. Ronan-horrible voice and I just don't like him(although I do like his efforts for charities). As for her, I really don't like her at all....fake fake fake!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh she'll never be liked by you. That is until she has them on her show again and tells them what fantastic performers they are and how she can't wait until they have a record out, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!
    I used to love Holly but this series she was far too chummy with certain contestants. She may as well have worn an "I ♥ Stacey" tshirt! I don't think it's professional, regardless of who she liked. She acted the same with the judges, kissing Cheryl's ass constantly.

That being said, Dermot was worse.
    Anyone not looking forward to Miley Cyrus and Ronan Keating tonight? I will definitely be making the tea when they come on. Ronan-horrible voice and I just don't like him(although I do like his efforts for charities). As for her, I really don't like her at all....fake fake fake!
    They're on as well? This is gonna be looooong final!

• Advertisement

well if olly doesnt win hes got a new mate in robbie williams anyway!

Cole is the most hideously irritating celebrity. The second she speaks, I mute her. Chav!

Haha I love Cheryl debating! I love her though. I know she knows nothing about talent (and also can't sing) but she's really down to earth and fun. Love her accent too and the way she's kept it. And no way would I kick her out of bed!
    Sorry but you find her more irritating than Jordan, Kerry Katona, etc..? I don't classify them as celebrities but the world does however. I actually think they are the scourge of society!

I think hes a really good singer!
    And he was really nice/funny on the Late Late :)

Cheryl doesn't know how to get her opinion across without shouting. She always talks over the other judges (except Dannii because they never speak :p). She's vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

the duets last night were sort of fair, I know george michael is huge but considering the fan base is so mixed some people might not know him. Was a lot more even than beyonce vs boyzone or kylie v jason donovan

I used to love Holly but this series she was far too chummy with certain contestants. She may as well have worn an "I ♥ Stacey" tshirt! I don't think it's professional, regardless of who she liked. She acted the same with the judges, kissing Cheryl's ass constantly.

That being said, Dermot was worse.

They're on as well? This is gonna be looooong final!

Well I didn't watch it last year(and don't regret it for a second) so I can't compare, but I love her! You only ever seem to pick up on her supposedly anti-Jedward actions, which I don't think are that obvious. Yes she should remain professional at all times and so should Dermot! I agree slightly with her kissing Cheryls ass, she doesn't need to!

cant stand holly and its nothing to do with jedward.she comes across as fake to me, dont find her sincere at all.

Haha I love Cheryl debating! I love her though. I know she knows nothing about talent (and also can't sing) but she's really down to earth and fun. Love her accent too and the way she's kept it. And no way would I kick her out of bed!
    Sorry but you find her more irritating than Jordan, Kerry Katona, etc..? I don't classify them as celebrities but the world does however. I actually think they are the scourge of society!

Very attractive girl no doubt, but all the money and jewellery and make up and stylists simply cannot hide that crass and chav side to her. Even when she seems to lose it, it's the, "Shut up" from her. Now, I am not saying this is abhorrent, it just sort of sums up that Chav way about her.

As for Kerry Katona, the mere mention of her name makes me nauseous
    And to think that McFadden actually said, "I do."

That guy can never hold his head up.

cant stand holly and its nothing to do with jedward.she comes across as fake to me, dont find her sincere at all.

I originally did like her, but I tired of that and now she is a wee bit of an irritant.

Louis is actually likable, funny, witty and so sharp; and I originally couldn't stand him

Just looking at Stacey's performance of 'Who Wants To Live Forever' again. Without a doubt, one of the top 3 fantastic performances of the competition.

• Advertisement

Very attractive girl no doubt, but all the money and jewellery and make up and stylists simply cannot hide that crass and chav side to her. Even when she seems to lose it, it's the, "Shut up" from her. Now, I am not saying this is abhorrent, it just sort of sums up that Chav way about her.

As for Kerry Katona, the mere mention of her name makes me nauseous
    And to think that McFadden actually said, "I do."

That guy can never hold his head up.

Haha think you mean the 'Shurrup Louis'! I know where you are coming from but that's what I like about her. She didn't get a heap of botox, change her accent to make it big. I don't think she's a chav, just down to earth like the rest of us. Victoria Beckham is a chav, she's even on the top of the chav rich list!

RE Holly, she didn't conduct herself well whenever she interviewed her "panel" on the xtra factor, she kept pushing her Stacey agenda to a shocking degree.

Random person: "I like Joe"

Holly: "Hmm yes, but WHAT ABOUT STACEY? Isn't she great and funny blah blah blah"

During the auditions and stuff I liked her, but she got too involved during the live shows... Dermot is just a boring auld bollox though :pac:

I dunno who could replace them though, I like that guy that does the Britain's got talent extra show on ITV2, maybe he could get an X factor job?

Haha think you mean the 'Shurrup Louis'! I know where you are coming from but that's what I like about her. She didn't get a heap of botox, change her accent to make it big. I don't think she's a chav, just down to earth like the rest of us. Victoria Beckham is a chav, she's even on the top of the chav rich list!

+1

No no no. Cole is far more a chav than Beckham.

I just do not see the down to earth with her at all. Hey, I wouldn't throw her out of bed, but you would have to have serious stamina and patience to put up with her voice after you have finished nailing her. She just isn't marriage material.

RE Holly, she didn't conduct herself well whenever she interviewed her "panel" on the xtra factor, she kept pushing her Stacey agenda to a shocking degree.

Random person: "I like Joe"

Holly: "Hmm yes, but WHAT ABOUT STACEY? Isn't she great and funny blah blah blah"

During the auditions and stuff I liked her, but she got too involved during the live shows... Dermot is just a boring auld bollox though :pac:

I dunno who could replace them though, I like that guy that does the Britain's got talent extra show on ITV2, maybe he could get an X factor job?

When you take absolutely everyone form this year, judges, acts, choreographers etc, Jedward simply outshone the damn lot of them. They were that unique and cool.

Choreographers? lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was hoping Stacey and Joe would make the final, but having seen last night's episode just now, I think Olly did very well. He made a great job of "Supersticious" and "Fool in Love". Joe's a better singer but Olly is more entertaining.

At this point I don't really care which one of them wins but I still think it should have been Stacey. :(

+1 On whoevers idea it was it was to have BGT's Stephen Mulhern present Xtra Factor. He can be be hilarious :P

Just watched Jedward present some countdown. Brillient coz it was them but there was two number 20's, no 19 and it was meant to be reality songs yet Peter Andre was in there. And Girls Aloud were in twice.. It was really muddled up :P

Just read Miley Cyrus and Ronan Keating are expected to be there tonight iswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Choreographers? lol!

i think he's talking abotu the gay american?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

hacked wrote: »
    i think he's talking abotu the gay american?

Brian Friel, the shows creative director?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Brian Friel, the shows creative director?

oh jaysus is that what he is?? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement