Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's interesting though, Simon hates acts like that if they're not in his category. He did a good job pretending to like Same Difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Anyone else notice that Lloyd seems to live in the same house as Stacey out of Gavin and Stacey !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SwearImNotPaul

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    And look where he is now, one critic panned his album as the worst in pop history.

He was right too. My mother has the album, and by God is it all sorts of horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

sadly have to admit it , but the twins won me over on saturday! love em, they're so cheeky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 racheypachey

The twins are annoying but They really put their heart into performing, that said I think they should go next week.

Faves: Stacey, Olly, Miss Frank
    Dislike: Lyod, Ricky,Danyl
    Indifferent to: Joe, Lucie, Rachel, Jamie.

• Advertisement

Stacie for the win!!!

But the annoying thing is...she is going to be overshadowed by all the ****e and tits this series :mad:

In fairness hers aren't that bad too! But i think shes the only contestant that looked worse after here makeover! Did she get her teeth whitened though didn't notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emo!! wrote: »
    sadly have to admit it , but the twins won me over on saturday! love em, they're so cheeky!

At least they can move around the stage with some fluidity, unlike Llyod. I thought he was terrible on Saturday night - looked bad in terms of stiff movement and nerves, and sang poorly too. Couldn't believe it when the judges gave him positive reviews after it - I thought he was one of the worst on the night.

The twins were also poor vocally, though some parts of the song they actually did well - the song suited them i think. They also moved round the stage like they had some idea what they were doing. The bits on Sunday night were good too I thought. Don't think they will last long, but they ain't as bad as I though - if the songs are selected right for them. They are really unlikable though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a181692/kandy-rain.html
    Kandy Rain were the first act to get voted off the first-ever Sunday night results show on The X Factor last night. But not before leaving the judges all square with their appropriately forceful rendition of Christina Aguilera's 'Fighter' in the sing-off. We spoke to Azi Jegbefume, Coco Lloyd, Khatereh Dovani and Chemmane Applewhite about the tabloids, Cheryl & Dannii and those skimpy outfits.

Were you surprised to be in the bottom two on Sunday?
    Chemmane: "Yeah, I think we were quite gutted and quite surprised. We thought we gave a very good performance and we didn't think we deserved to be in the bottom two."
    Azi: "We gave it our all in our performance on Saturday. We're not blowing our own trumpets, but we honestly felt that we were one of the stronger acts. But we weren't shocked to be in the bottom two because we had a feeling that people were going to judge us on our past and not on our performance."

Do you think the tabloid reports played a big part in your exit?
    Coco: "I think that yeah, it did. The public didn't really get to know us as people, the press focused on the stripping - which was silly, because they shouldn't have been focusing on our past. I think that if people actually got to know the real us - we're actually quite funny girls! - then they would have warmed to us and people would have voted for us. But we're really proud of ourselves. They were the best performances we've ever done and we're really proud to have gotten this far."

Do you think the comments from Dannii and Cheryl affected the public vote?
    Azi: "We really respect those two, we really do, I feel that they bring a lot to the industry. But at the same time we didn't agree with it. We feel that they should have really judged us on our performance, on everything as a whole. At the end of the day we're Kandy Rain. We're not going to wear things you'd wear walking down the street. We were in costume and that's what Kandy Rain's all about."

Given their own outfits on occasion, do you think they were being hypocritical?
    Azi: "The only thing that I felt was a bit hypocritical was when Cheryl said that we're not an established act. But I thought that was the whole point of X Factor: go on X Factor and show the public what you want to be, what you hope to be, and that's what we did. We don't want to be like other girl groups, we want to be in costume. We want to be fun, we want to bring back the old girl power. I felt that Cheryl didn't understand that."

Did you have input into the outfits or did Louis and the stylists make all the decisions
    Chemmane: "Our stylist, Faye [Sawyer], that woman is absolutely amazing. She totally got us, she totally got Kandy Rain, and she totally got what image we wanted to go for. It's 2009 - look at the TV and all of the music videos. What we were wearing was similar to what you see at the moment, like Lady GaGa. We want to be putting on a show. We loved our outfits."

How do you think you would have done if you sung 'Fighter' on Saturday rather than as your survival song?
    Khatereh: "I think that 'Addicted To Love' was the best song choice for the Saturday night. I think we that we wanted to do a song that showed us off vocally, performance-wise and to have fun with. 'Fighter' was the right song for the sing-off to show that we would be fighting till the end. We went out with a bang basically and we're really proud of ourselves."

How did you feel getting that vote from Simon at the end?
    Azi: "To get the support from Simon was an absolute honour. Simon knows exactly what he's talking about and he's an absolute legend. For him to actually say 'Yes' to us, that's what actually made us feel really good. That's why when we woke up this morning we felt really positive. Simon believes in us! If Simon believes in us then we're doing something right. We'll keep on doing what we're doing and keep on promoting Kandy Rain, and hopefully everyone out there will get what we're all about."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SwearImNotPaul

It's just a matter of time before they're all in Nuts and Zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

X Factor judge Cheryl Cole will not be singing live on next week’s show as it is being filmed in advance.

The Girls Aloud babe, 26, performs her debut solo single Fight For This Love on Sunday’s results show.

But she is “terrified” to be sharing the bill with diva Whitney Houston, 46.

A show spokeswoman said: “Cheryl will be recording her music performance earlier in the day with a live studio audience to ensure she can fully continue with her judging commitments on The X Factor later that evening.”

chicken :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That girl hasn't sang live in her life.

My buls*it translator came back with: "Way ey man.. I wanna make sure my lip syncing is pitch-perfick!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

LOL at kandy rain thinking that they were one of the stronger acts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Didn't that happen with the brother & sister group Same Difference - not many people could stand them, I remember them being booed on stage, and Simon not liking them

I couldn't bear them! The silly faces they'd put on... especially when they were begging the public to vote for them...they totally made me sick.
    The twins are quite weak singers tho' they didn't do too badly the other night considering all the jumping around they were doing. It takes a strong singer to sing while dancing...pity they hadn't a proper routine.

Looks like Stephen Gately's funeral will be in Dublin on Saturday,does that mean Louis will not be on Saturday's show?

It was Louis himself that said it looks like Saturday

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

X Factor judge Cheryl Cole will not be singing live on next week’s show as it is being filmed in advance.

A show spokeswoman said: “Cheryl will be recording her music performance earlier in the day with a live studio audience to ensure she can fully continue with her judging commitments on The X Factor later that evening.”

Wait I don't follow.. The live show isn't live on tv??

And yeh if the show is on Saturday I assume Louis will be at the funeral. So John and Edward wont have their mentor to defend them :( Can't be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

deise_girl wrote: »
    Wait I don't follow.. The live show isn't live on tv??
    No, the show is live on TV.

But Cheryl's performance of her new single will be pre-recorded earlier in the day, with that footage being broadcast on the live show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

What a cop out-is that cos she can't sing???

I wonder will louis be there, i doubt he will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Read on MSN News that Louis is planning to be on Saturday's show and is continuing with his mentoring this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Is anyone else really not liking Cheryl this year?

To me she's coming across as really negative, moany and bitchy ... as well as completely self-absorbed. And I actually quite liked her up til now.

I still think she's gorgeous though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I still like Cheyrl. I actually liked her more since she started the X Factor and to be honest, I find a bit of bitchyness to be a very sexy trait in a woman ;)

But I can tell that Cheyrl and Danni had it in for Kandy Rain. However as I said on another thread, it didn't matter how good Kandy Rain sung, they were never going to win it in a million years. The main reason is that most girls won't vote for them and girls are the ones who vote in those shows, more than men. Also the other acts are really strong this year and I think the groups are probably the weakest category. The Over 25's are the strongest category, closely followed by the girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I think as a whole the groups are the strongest category but if I was to choose individual acts that I think are the fore-runners I'd pick Lucie or Joe, wouldn't pick any of the overs.

Really? Groups strongest.. I was going to say the guys. Think Joe is amazing, Rikki's good and Lloyd wasnt great Sunday but i've heard him sing good.

I can see Lloyd or Joe winning coz they'll get the girls vote, well I'd vote for them:p

I think the over 25s are ver good bt they wont last.. Think 'Afro' will go the furthest.

John and Edward to get to week 5 :D

Deise_girl, what you on about? John and edward to win it out :D:D:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    What a cop out-is that cos she can't sing???

But of course. Did you not hear her performance last year? She was woeful. It's well-known that she is the worst singer in Girls Aloud. Its the one thing that really irks me about her position on the panel...yeah they can spout that she's been through the reality tv process - and thats great, give her a mentoring position when the acts have been selected - but that doesn't make her in any way qualified to say who has and hasn't got talent. Same goes for Dannii. At least Simon and Louis know what sells.

I always thought Cheryl was quite a good singer.. Until I heard 'fight for love' or whatevers its called:o The song was really just about her looking gorgeous; dancing and different outfits. Say she got a bit worried.

And I know I don't know who I want to win, one minute I want Joe, then John and Edward then Lloyd! Just get them girls outta it :P They're always my least fave!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I always thought Cheryl was quite a good singer..

See the thing is, on most Girls Aloud tracks (the singles at least) she plays a very minimal role. Its usually Nadine and Sarah. Nicola is actually one of the best singers in the group but unfortunately gets very little attention. Besides, decent production can make anyone sound good :)

Essentially Cheryl was chosen for her beauty, which is fine...but she shouldn't be paraded as this musical talent. She simply isn't musically talented, particularly when compared with the majority of people she passes judgement on.

As an aside...was Alexandra Burke miming on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

And yeh if the show is on Saturday I assume Louis will be at the funeral. So John and Edward wont have their mentor to defend them :( Can't be helped.

The funeral will only last a few hours. He probably has a private jet to fly him back over so i'd say he'll make it. Mary Harney could loan him her jet if she's not busy getting flying somewhere to get her hair done:p

jaffa20 wrote: »
    The funeral will only last a few hours. He probably has a private jet to fly him back over so i'd say he'll make it. Mary Harney could loan him her jet if she's not busy getting flying somewhere to get her hair done:p
    See if John O' Donaghue wouldn't mind organsing it.....

But hope hes there.

And yeh Im being to agree with you Chinafoot on Cheryl... She can sing but not as amazingly people thuoght.
    And I don't know I couldn't watch Alexandra. I don't like her song and I dont like her!

Chinafoot wrote: »

As an aside...was Alexandra Burke miming on Sunday?

yea she was, i think. Saw her slip up on a word coming towards the last chorus, me thinks (i was looking closely to see if she was :P).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yeah, alexandra was definitely miming. It sounded just like the recorded version and there would have been some mistakes considering she was dancing around if she wasn't miming. I would have liked to have seen her just sing live, perhaps a ballad. I mean if she won the show, she should at least come back and prove that the public made the right choice. You'd never hear leona miming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement