Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

good luck folks, been good, the thread has definately added to my enjoyment of x factor.lets wave stacy off as she gallops away never to be heard of again!

2411_2007-0046-galloping-horse.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Bet I'll see you all back here to celebrate when RATM make it to number 1 on Christmas day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭rodberg007

Don't speak too soon she could be another 'Susan Boyle'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

rodberg007 wrote: »
    You could be on your own here...!

dont think so...
    Jedward are legends and everyone else just cant compare to their great-ness! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just after telling everyone in my family that Olly came last week 7.
    They laughed that I cared so much :o

Going to miss my Jedward though, hope they do well (in anything) in the future. They made the series for me.
    We cant forget that being Irish they didnt have all their family and friends voting each week, just British fans which is quite good for them.

But I am happy for Joe, from judges house I thought he was good and he deserved to win. But I think his career could be shorter than John and Edwards!

• Advertisement

dont think so...

They are fantastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

dont think so...

Jesus...

deise_girl wrote: »
    Just after telling everyone in my family that Olly came last week 7.
    They laughed that I cared so much :o

Going to miss my Jedward though, hope they do well (in anything) in the future. They made the series for me.
    We cant forget that being Irish they didnt have all their family and friends voting each week, just British fans which is quite good for them.

But I am happy for Joe, from judges house I thought he was good and he deserved to win. But I think his career could be shorter than John and Edwards!

Ok lets look at it like this:

a) if it's entertainment you like well then 'Jedward' will definately do well in the future becasue they could be open to anything such as tv ads, promotions, event launches etc.

b) if it's the music you like well Joe did deserve to win and he will probably have about 3 hit singles and then release an album to top it all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

dont think so...
    Jedward are legends and everyone else just cant compare to their great-ness!
    nicegirl wrote: »
    Jesus...

Way better than Jebus.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Way better than Jebus.

true that!

• Advertisement

rodberg007 wrote: »
    Ok lets look at it like this:

a) if it's entertainment you like well then 'Jedward' will definately do well in the future becasue they could be open to anything such as tv ads, promotions, event launches etc.

b) if it's the music you like well Joe did deserve to win and he will probably have about 3 hit singles and then release an album to top it all off.
    Well if "Lets get ready to rumble" and "Chico time" manage to make the charts, I see no reason why John and Edward shouldn't. Maybe they'll release their Christmas song that they just sung :P

But Joe will be muiscals before you know it, one or two hits(including this) and he'll be soon forgotten.
    He was the best of the final 5 though, I have to give him that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Jesus...

Naa, even the audience crucified him more so!

Jedward for the long term win! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Congratulations Jedward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Let's put it this way.. Myleene Klass won Popstars and Hearsay were massive. After they split she was left unemployable. She had no record deal. So she went into I'm a Celebrity and showered in a white bikini.

She got so many contracts because of that

article-1233033-0776555B000005DC-137_634x286.jpg

She's now worth £7.5 million! :eek:

Moral: A singing career can nose dive especially in the fickle pop market. This is Joe.

If you are a "personality" and marketable (Jedward) you can make a fortune. Yay! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I think the show was a complete mess this year. It has become even more controlled and contrived than ever. From Cheryl's crocodile tears to Simon 'I'll-emigrate-if-Jedward-stay-any-longer-but-I-wont-vote-them-out-when-I-get -the-chance' Cowell

They talk of having the 'X Factor' as though it's some elusive quality, yet every act they get their hands on is immediately thrown into the same shiny suit/sparkly dress, sprayed the same shade of orange and told to warble on about their 'journey' from being raised by rottweilers in a wheelie bin to making it on to Cowell's Conveyor Belt.

I probably sound like a moany oul wan but I'm just sick of watching decent people being blatantly exploited by gobshytes on an ego trip who clearly couldn't give a toss about them beyond the cold, hard cash those contestants are gonna put in their bank accounts.

Sorry but amen to Fake Factor for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Biggins wrote: »
    Naa, even the audience crucified him more so!

Jedward for the long term win! :D

Sweet mother of holy divine Jesus....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Was great seeing Jedward back on our screen tonight. Did you see the way Edward trid to hand the mike to Cheryl when they were all singing at the end and she refused to take it? Doesnt a singer sing?

Louis Walsh made the X factor for me this year. He was really entertaining. The week he was away it was so dull. My favourite was when he was giving out about Gummo in movie week :D

Best performance without a shadow of a doubt was Jedwards 'Ooops I did it again'.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Probably been posted but heres the vote stats,

http://xfactor.itv.com/_uploads/documents/091213_votestats.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sweet mother of holy divine Jesus....

...anyway, back to reality...

JEDWOOD!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

ha am laughing that the last few pages have been all about jedward, and nothing about the winner snorefest joe

• Advertisement

Incase anyone didnt know, they have an interview in the Christmas edition of the guide :)

The-Rigger wrote: »
    What did Edward and John get up to~?
    Didnt notice this. They got the final song :D
    It was funny coz when the camera went back to the final 12 I was almost shouting "wheres John and Edward" then they got to sing a bit of All I want for Christmas!

Haha what a laugh reading the posts of the past few hours! Thought I was the only one who noticed Cheryl's overuse of the word thoroughly, Simon has even started saying it! Other overused quotes.......'You smashed it', ''I'm dead proud of yis'. She knows **** all about music and gets far too much attention. I still like her tough!

Anyone notice how when the judges gave their standing ovations, the cameras caught Cheryl and Simon standing for longer than Louis and Dannii for each one. What was this about? To make them look better? Also why were Louis and Dannii not allowed to go up on stage and congratulate Joe? I actually like Dannii and I don't like the way she's been shoved aside for the whole series. At least she knows what she's talking about!

I loved Joe's performances but Olly did put up a great fight. Best man definitely won.....well done!

Leona Lewis sang the Oasis song horrifically and would put a fireworks display to sleep! Alexandra and JLS were sooooooooo gay!

Holly was yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well done joe.

deserved winner in the end.

stop crying cheryl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

deise_girl wrote: »
    Incase anyone didnt know, they have an interview in the Christmas edition of the guide :)
    what are we going to do with out your updates on them :P

emo!! wrote: »
    what are we going to do with out your updates on them :P
    :pac:
    I will keep an eye out and untill this thread gets locked I'll keep posting. By then I will move on to posting everything in the Fan Club thread :)

We cant forget about Biggins! He's been one of our main jedward updaters. *salutes biggins* :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Just home....I went to a fundraiser that was showing the x-factor. Have to say I missed all the boards banter. Anytime Jedward came on I cheered and everyone laughed at me. I was thinking if I was watching this properly at home I'd see a 'JEDWARD :D' probably from Deise Girl, Phasers, Soccymonster, Biggins, Slickric, Dancing Queen, ibarelycare, almostnever or lilkitten! (And toLZ5by5 and rebel girl who didn't see what we saw in Jedward but managed to stay out of arguments!) I loved the final but thank god I will get four hours of my life back every week! I'm just going to try and catch up on the 40+ pages of comments. But thanks to all of you who made me laugh over the last few weeks :) I will think of you all whenever I hear ice ice baby in the future!

phasers wrote: »
    And now we have to go through Leona and possible Miley Cyrus :eek:

Bring on Sir Paul, declare Joe the winner and get on with it!

Written at 20.14

I declare phasers the winner in retrospect :D

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    It's totally unfair! This is sooo geared towards Joe Jedward!

COME ON OLLY JEDWARD!!!! \o/

This is such a sappy version! Yeah he can sing but it's making me puke!

FYP :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement