Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The Climb isn't a bad song, it just doesn't suit male vocals, regardless of how feminine one's voice might be. :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    The Climb isn't a bad song
    Ah.. to be fair.. it's muck!

It's poorly written, over-sentimental drivel. They could have at least picked some catchy Miley Cyrus number - this song is pop-music ballad by numbers.

As bad as last year's #1 was, at least I respected the song (well, the original anyways).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

basquille wrote: »

It's poorly written, over-sentimental drivel. They could have at least picked some catchy Miley Cyrus number - this song is pop-music ballad by numbers.

As bad as last year's #1 was, at least I respected the song (well, the original anyways).

It was nominated for a Grammy only to be disqualified for not being written especially for the Hannah Montana film. It regularly gets airplay on Q102, one that you wouldn't expect to be playing typically teenage popstar music. It's an undoubtedly popular song which goes beyond just being liked by tweens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

basquille wrote: »

Yeah, Joe doing " 7 things i hate about you" would be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Anyone else find it really weird that Olly never even mentioned during the whole series that he has a twin brother???? What is the story with that? In fact if i didn't read Heat mag i wouldn't even know he had a twin.I know his brother is probably on his honeymoon but how weird that he didn't leave a message when all the rest of the family(& even Robbie Williams!)did??? Strange one............

Sorry to see no song from the worst of the x-factor this year always used to look forward to that! Although Jedward murdering Mariah Careys all i want for xmas kinda replaced it,with Olly,Stacey and a few others joinin in with the murdering it was funny they got cut off in the middle of it,it was as if a producer went CUT CUT everyone thinks they're all really talented!!

No Christmas song either but that wasn't really a bad thing. Thought the duets were unfair on Stacey,Olly & Robbie perfect,joe & george excellent but it was as if they had Michael Buble lined up for Danyl & then couldn't change him for Stacey!

Showed a clip of Joe & George Michael & it was soooo good great harmonies you'd swear they were singing together for years. Then cut to Olly & Robbie & it was like 2 drunks down the pub on a karaoke at Christmas !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Anyone else find it really weird that Olly never even mentioned during the whole series that he has a twin brother???? What is the story with that? In fact if i didn't read Heat mag i wouldn't even know he had a twin.I know his brother is probably on his honeymoon but how weird that he didn't leave a message when all the rest of the family(& even Robbie Williams!)did??? Strange one............

I was thinking this too. A few Saturdays ago Olly had to miss his twin brother's wedding (where he was meant to be best man) because of the X Factor and was supposedly gutted about it. I thought they'd really milk that on the VT that week to try and gain some sympathy but it wasn't even mentioned, bit strange.

Ahh I'm gonna miss this, spent the last couple of hours catching up on this thread in work again! :o

It was fun, long live the real winners of X Factor 2009...Jedward!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Not sure if anybody has posted this here yet (couldn't be bothered reading a whole thread devoted to the subject). Anyhoo, thought you all might like this -

http://www.phantomfm.com/entertainment/3130-rage-against-the-xmas-no-1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    The Climb isn't a bad song,

My eyes :pac:!

I was thinking this too. A few Saturdays ago Olly had to miss his twin brother's wedding (where he was meant to be best man) because of the X Factor and was supposedly gutted about it. I thought they'd really milk that on the VT that week to try and gain some sympathy but it wasn't even mentioned, bit strange.

Ahh I'm gonna miss this, spent the last couple of hours catching up on this thread in work again! :o

It was fun, long live the real winners of X Factor 2009...Jedward!!

I thought this too as i say only for HEAT wouldn't even know! Its all a bit strange cos he seems such a nice guy that gets on with everyone but there's a story there im sure of it!!! Yeah in fairness to Olly & Simon i was expecting them to spin that story into a sob story in fact during the whole series they could have cos they could have played on the whole im missing my twin brother & our bond together line!!! Especially since u had Jedward there lapping it up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

deise_girl wrote: »
    One or two hits(including this) and he'll be soon forgotten.

You might find this interesting....

I found this little run-down of all the acts from the previous 5 seasons of X-Factor who have been given record deals. Here's what their careers look like. (Winners bolded)

Steve Brookstein (Dropped)
    Tabby Callaghan (Dropped)
    G4 (Split)
    Journey South (Dropped)
    Andy Abraham (Apparently, soon to be dropped)
    Chico Slimani (Dropped)
    Maria Lawson (Album suspended indefinately)
    Shane Ward (3rd Album Delayed)
    Lona Lewis (2nd Album recently released)
    Nikitta Angus (Album suspended indefinately)
    Ray Quinn (Dropped)
    Ben Mills (Dropped)
    The MacDonald Brothers (Album suspended indefinately)
    Same Difference (Album scheduled for Summer 2010)
    Leon Jackson (Dropped)
    Rhydian Roberts (2nd Album recently released)
    Alexandra Burke (Debut album recently released)
    Diana Vickers (Debut Album scheduled for April 2010 relaease)
    Laura White (Album suspended indefinately)
    Eoghan Quigg (Dropped)
    Ruth Lorenzo (Debut Album scheduled for 2010 relaease)
    JLS (Debut album recently released)

• Advertisement

wow not a good record!

and i dont remember most of them, who the hell is Maria Lawson?!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

emo!! wrote: »
    wow not a good record!

exactly ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Laois_Man wrote: »
    You might find this interesting....

I found this little run-down of all the acts from the previous 5 seasons of X-Factor who have been given record deals. Here's what their careers look like. (Winners bolded)

Steve Brookstein (Dropped)
    Tabby Callaghan (Dropped)
    G4 (Split)
    Journey South (Dropped)
    Andy Abraham (Apparently, soon to be dropped)
    Chico Slimani (Dropped)
    Maria Lawson (Album suspended indefinately)
    Shane Ward (3rd Album Delayed)
    Lona Lewis (2nd Album recently released)
    Nikitta Angus (Album suspended indefinately)
    Ray Quinn (Dropped)
    Ben Mills (Dropped)
    The MacDonald Brothers (Album suspended indefinately)
    Same Difference (Album scheduled for Summer 2010)
    Leon Jackson (Dropped)
    Rhydian Roberts (2nd Album recently released)
    Alexandra Burke (Debut album recently released)
    Diana Vickers (Debut Album scheduled for April 2010 relaease)
    Laura White (Album suspended indefinately)
    Eoghan Quigg (Dropped)
    Ruth Lorenzo (Debut Album scheduled for 2010 relaease)
    JLS (Debut album recently released)
    :pac:
    Laura White had a song out a few weeks ago but it flopped! And SameDifference are back? If they can have two albums I think anyone can.
    Shayne Wards next album is out early next year iswell I think.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Alex disappears in another while either tbh, shes too common.

John and Edward to go further than the lot!
    Oh and I thought I heard something about them being on itv news last night but Im not certain coz I havnt seen it. If I find out more, I shall tell yee :)

cant believe Same Difference even got signed

to much sibling love going on there, its scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Jedward had a show on one of the Channels last night. Not sure which one.

I didnt watch it.

I can still see them going down a storm.

Jedward's favourite movies.
    Jedward's favourite foods.
    The Jedwards on politics.

THe leftwing jedward would say sensible enough stuff, but the rightmost jeward would start talking in riddles.

Huuuge!

emo!! wrote: »
    wow not a good record!

Maria%20Lawson01.jpg

I remember her...but the only reason I do is because of Sharon Obbournes whole "Irish Mafia" rant when Louis Walsh voted her off

P.S. Don't worry - Same Difference's 2nd album will never, EVER see the light of day!

asdasd wrote: »
    Jedward had a show on one of the Channels last night. Not sure which one.

I didnt watch it.

I can still see them going down a storm.

Jedward's favourite movies.
    Jedward's favourite foods.
    The Jedwards on politics.

THe leftwing jedward would say sensible enough stuff, but the rightmost jeward would start talking in riddles.

Huuuge!
    Jedwards Reality Riot. It was brillient coz of them but it was the worst countdown ever :P
    The numbers were mixed up (two 20's no 19) Girls Aloud were in it twice and Peter Andre was in it!
    Still though it was a must watch just for their comments alone.. Ill see if its on youtube later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

oh please do! I have **** tv, and after all I've heard would so like to see it.

Some of the actual music is deleted, sorry. Its the best I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Omg same difference are releasing another album!.. :D have their first one and loved it yaaay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Omg same difference are releasing another album!.. :D have their first one and loved it yaaay!

Are you serious? Or are you joking? :P

laura93 wrote: »
    Im as worried as you are! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

nicegirl wrote: »
    Some of the actual music is deleted, sorry. Its the best I could find.

That's a good thing. :p

D'ya know what....their first album sold 200,000 copies. So it made money!

Still think their second one won't see the light of day though. No chance!

Oh i remember her it was big controversy at the time Louie put through the Conway sisters ahead of that girl Maria? She had looked a possible winner until she sang brown sugar & made a balls of it & ended up in the bottom 2.

If i also remember rightly Simon Cowell did the unthinkable(it wouldn't happen nowadays)and voted off the Conway Sisters DESPITE being their mentor!!! Am i correct ???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

they were my faves back in 07 series anyways and i love their cheesy music.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Joe's video out yet?

deise_girl wrote: »
    :pac: I wouldnt be surprised if Alex disappears in another while either tbh, shes too common.

Totally agree. She brings absolutely nothing new to the scene, there are so many artists like her already. She has no distinct voice and has an overpowering nasal sound. Not much of an entertainer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Totally agree. She brings absolutely nothing new to the scene, there are so many artists like her already. She has no distinct voice and has an overpowering nasal sound. Not much of an entertainer either.

You were backing Stacey to win weren't you? :confused:

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    That's a good thing. :p
    Tiz deise not 'nice' :pac:
    they were my faves back in 07 series anyways and i love their cheesy music.. :o
    "Together, together, were coming undone.. Together, together, baby we r 1!!
    :P Oh soccy *facepalm*
    I wanted Leon to win that year, happy he did even if... :o

Just found this too :)

Oh and if people are wondering, Im out sick so I have an excuse for doing nothing only look up youtube vids :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement