Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Feel better deise!

Thanks for the Jedward countdown, just finished it. I laughed and I cried...mainly from embarassment! :pac:

Oh god, they are so weird! Does anyone else notice Edward says nothing but stuff like

"yeah it's cool cause like...he's from Ireland, and we're from Ireland"
    "Yeah we like it, cause like...it's irish...and we're Irish."
    "Yeah, and it was awesome cause like she wore a red suit...and we were wearing red suits" (he called them PVA suits!!)

"Yeah, and like...its not just a sound track. It's a song called Ghostbusters...and the movie is called Ghostbusters and thats just awesome."

Poor child!

You were backing Stacey to win weren't you? :confused:

No I was backing Joe actually and Stacey for runner up. I think Stacey is more unique and better than Alexandra, and without that nasal sound. I know all she has sung are ballads but I don't see what's wrong with this. She has an extremely powerful voice and I bet we won't see the last of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No I was backing Joe actually and Stacey for runner up. I think Stacey is more unique and better than Alexandra, and without that nasal sound. I know all she has sung are ballads but I don't see what's wrong with this. She has an extremely powerful voice and I bet we won't see the last of her.

I have to disagree. Stacey wasn't a patch on Alexandra. She has a good voice but not outstanding. Alexandra can sing ballads beautifully and also is a great performer at upbeat songs. Alexandra also has the looks and personality, which Stacey certainly doesn't have. It's more than just the voice that people are going for, Alexandra is extremely marketable; Stacey isn't.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

hacked wrote: »
    Feel better deise!

Thanks for the Jedward countdown, just finished it. I laughed and I cried...mainly from embarassment! :pac:

Oh god, they are so weird! Does anyone else notice Edward says nothing but stuff like

"yeah it's cool cause like...he's from Ireland, and we're from Ireland"
    "Yeah we like it, cause like...it's irish...and we're Irish."
    "Yeah, and it was awesome cause like she wore a red suit...and we were wearing red suits" (he called them PVA suits!!)

"Yeah, and like...its not just a sound track. It's a song called Ghostbusters...and the movie is called Ghostbusters and thats just awesome."

Poor child!
    Cant forget that chipmunk impression John did :P
    And yeh I was laughing mad at their "PVA suits" Isnt that glue?? :D

maybe this will come as a shock, but we most likely have. Xfactor=flavour of the moment. The stats someone gave us earlier were hardly surprising.

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Cant forget that chipmunk impression John did :P
    And yeh I was laughing mad at their "PVA suits" Isnt that glue?? :D

haha me too...wasn;t what I was expecting! and the look on his little face when he did it! I almost wet myself. lol

Yeah...it's PVC suits. Although he didn't get it too wrong...anything pvc does look like it was painted on with PVA glue! Nasty!

I have to disagree. Stacey wasn't a patch on Alexandra. She has a good voice but not outstanding. Alexandra can sing ballads beautifully and also is a great performer at upbeat songs. Alexandra also has the looks and personality, which Stacey certainly doesn't have. It's more than just the voice that people are going for, Alexandra is extremely marketable; Stacey isn't.

So do you think Alexandra is outstanding? OK Stacey isn't better but she's not worse in my opinion. Stacey never really got the chance to sing upbeat songs so she still has to prove if she can or cannot. Stacey has the looks in my opinion....I know she looks a bit weird sometimes but so does Alexandra with her lips. Also a lot of people here say Stacey looks like horse......the exact same thing is said about Leona Lewis. Alexandra seems like a lovely person but Stacey thrashes her in the personality stakes. I guess we'll just have to see if she's marketable.

maybe this will come as a shock, but we most likely have. Xfactor=flavour of the moment. The stats someone gave us earlier were hardly surprising.

Again we'll just have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Stacey does not have a lovely personality, she wrecks my head and really annoys most of the people here.

Also she does look like a horse, Leona does too but she's talented enough that it doesn't matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppums

Does anyone know where Stacey got the Navy dress from Saturday nights show and also the cream fringe dresses that Olly's dancers wore???

• Advertisement

Stacey also has the best pair of legs on tv! From what I gather here on Boards, Stacey and Joe are not really liked but Jedward are loved. I don't get it....(and please don't explain to me why). Anyway this is only an internet forum, it doesn't speak for the whole of Ireland or Great Britain.

Stacey also has the best pair of legs on tv!

I think it's safe to assume roberttt just wants to sleep with her. :P I jest i jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

So do you think Alexandra is outstanding? OK Stacey isn't better but she's not worse in my opinion. Stacey never really got the chance to sing upbeat songs so she still has to prove if she can or cannot. Stacey has the looks in my opinion....I know she looks a bit weird sometimes but so does Alexandra with her lips. Also a lot of people here say Stacey looks like horse......the exact same thing is said about Leona Lewis. Alexandra seems like a lovely person but Stacey thrashes her in the personality stakes. I guess we'll just have to see if she's marketable.

Eh what?!!! What personality? Sorry but Stacey is a halfwit! She can't string an intelligent sentence together. I've seen Alexandra being interviewed, she's a bit hyper and annoying but she comes across as smart enough and most importantly, you can understand what she says, and every second utterance out of her mouth isn't "OHMYGOSH *giggle*"

And yeah, Alexandra was pretty outstanding last year. Most of her performances blew anything that was done this year right out of the water. Stacey can't dance, even Brian Friedman said it, even walking while singing is a challenge for her. She may not have sang any upbeat songs but there was obviously a reason for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stacey also has the best pair of legs on tv!
    Agreed!

eq_legcare_02.jpg

Phwooaarrrr! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppums

Does anyone know where Stacey got the Navy dress from Saturday nights show and also the cream fringe dresses that Olly's dancers wore???

PLEASE HELP

Eh what?!!! What personality? Sorry but Stacey is a halfwit! She can't string an intelligent sentence together. I've seen Alexandra being interviewed, she's a bit hyper and annoying but she comes across as smart enough and most importantly, you can understand what she says, and every second utterance out of her mouth isn't "OHMYGOSH *giggle*"

And yeah, Alexandra was pretty outstanding last year. Most of her performances blew anything that was done this year right out of the water. Stacey can't dance, even Brian Friedman said it, even walking while singing is a challenge for her. She may not have sang any upbeat songs but there was obviously a reason for that.

I'm sticking with Stacey having a better personality. I can always understand her but yes she needs to tone it down a bit and be more professional if she is to succeed....but please don't loose it altogether Stacey!

With regards her not singing upbeat songs maybe Dannii was playing safe all the time. And she could learn to dance too...if she is to sing upbeat songs. I mean she can't be perfect already!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

poppums wrote: »

PLEASE HELP

The x factor wardrobe.

I think it's safe to assume roberttt just wants to sleep with her. :P I jest i jest.

I wouldn't say no now but I still stick by everything else I said about her!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It makes no difference what order the top 3 finished in last weekend.

They're all gonna get a record deal anyway....and Joe was always gonna be given the best producers to work with....whether he won or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Thanks a million for the Reality Riot Deise_girl. Hilarious as always. They are such loons. Love it!

"It's called Ghostbuters because it's about busting ghosts"
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Robbie wants Jedward and Olly for his upcoming concert tour :D

X Factor Style week by week

http://www.whatshewears.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

On the whole do Stacey and Leona look like horses debate i personally think Leona looks more like a afghan hound..........................

afghan-hound-0016.jpg&h=94&w=78&usg=__LFJIZd-gDlK0H46Zb82JxGPzKy0=
    Leona

leona.jpg&h=94&w=93&usg=__XnQ51zTdNhOoFnMmceNSJ4xOL5E=
    Afghan Hound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

oh goodness i giggled at this last page

@popums, best to ask here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=464

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nonsense.. Stacey looks more like an Afghan Hound.

stacey-solomon-performance-1-15.jpg
    1160778.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Maria%20Lawson01.jpg

I remember her...but the only reason I do is because of Sharon Obbournes whole "Irish Mafia" rant when Louis Walsh voted her off

P.S. Don't worry - Same Difference's 2nd album will never, EVER see the light of day!
    i still dont remember her..

maybe its my old age.. just cant remember

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

In my honest opinion I believe Olly deserved to win more. I prefered Joe but Olly is more adaptable. I could'nt imagine joe singing a fast paced, up-beat song! i think he is just going to fade into the background in a few weeks. Olly had the full x factor package. Cheyrl Cole being Joes mentor also influenced the publics decision. I think we will be seeing a lot more from Olly Murs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

It was all set up for Cheryl and Joe to win from the song choice to his dueting partner which was very unfair - Buble and Williams had appeared previously this season on the show

Olly will have the better career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

basquille wrote: »
    Nonsense.. Stacey looks more like an Afghan Hound.

stacey-solomon-performance-1-15.jpg
    1160778.jpg

Haha yes thats before she got her x-factor makeover & of course the highlight of getting to the final 12 for her was to get her teeeeffff whieffffffened!!!!

You see its all about their snouts, i think we have been doing horses everywhere an injustice by comparing them they are both dogs! But strangely the best looking dogs ive ever seen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Vodkat wrote: »
    In my honest opinion I believe Olly deserved to win more. I prefered Joe but Olly is more adaptable. I could'nt imagine joe singing a fast paced, up-beat song!

how did olly deserve to win it more?
    Joe delivered great vocal performances week after week. Olly didnt.
    Joe is decent at upbeat songs, better than olly at ballads anyways imo..
    Also, Ollys version of The Climb was inferior to Joes.. I know that it wasnt his type of sound but still, I'd rather Joes version of The Climb on my ipod rather than ollys..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Olly got the least votes week 7. If he won the show, I would be using angry smileys in many posts!

I think there was too much hype about him, yeh he had stage presnce but it wasnt in the abundence J&E had it in and he doesnt have the strongest voice.

I've been listening to "The Climb" and yeh Joe is good but I much prefer the original.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement