Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

deise_girl wrote: »
    I've been listening to "The Climb" and yeh Joe is good but I much prefer hammering nails into my temple.
    FYP! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 turkey2009

Joyces 365 in Galway have imported turkeys in their stores but all of their turkeys on the shelves in the shops are Irish. I wonder:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

turkey2009 wrote: »
    Joyces 365 in Galway have imported turkeys in their stores but all of their turkeys on the shelves in the shops are Irish. I wonder:mad:

Lolwhut?!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The choice of song they're releasing imo is terrible.

Imagine Jedward singing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Argh, Rachel Adedeji ruined it for me. Absolutely ruined one of the best bits. That girl is a tv liability, not a star.

I cant believe that she pulled the mic from him.. okay, the audience did cheer, but they were going to cheer regardless.

Im so angry! Boo Rachel! BoooOoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

That_Guy wrote: »

Actually, in a pre-recorded song for charity earlier in the series, Jedwards vocals were perfect! I see where you're coming from though, as a live performance, but thanks to a little button called 'autotune' they come up smelling of roses!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was at a charity event where they were showing this on big screens and anytime Jedward were on my girlfriend and I were just shouting and hooting. Nobody else was doing the same........ epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

That_Guy wrote: »

as i said already, they could have mixed it with hoedown throwdown! :)

"Its the cliiiiimb.. Lets kick it! Boom boom clap, boom de clap de clap.."
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Thought the show was very disappointing last night. From where I was sitting I think the judges all knew that Joe was going to win. Then low & behold straight after the show on the xtra Factor Holly announces that Joe had the most votes for the last 4 weeks. Was obviously going to win & the winning song was tailor made for him.

That's all really. Give me Olly over a poor man's Will Young any day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Argh, Rachel Adedeji ruined it for me. Absolutely ruined one of the best bits. That girl is a tv liability, not a star.

I cant believe that she pulled the mic from him.. okay, the audience did cheer, but they were going to cheer regardless.

+1 she reallly pissed me off too. It was such a "Im cashing in on my 15 minutes of fame...im so wonderful congratulating the winner....everyone remember me!!"

Although serious props to Joe. The other contestants came out, and Stacey was at his juggler, and he ddin't even falter the note. The finale to the song was pretty excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,506 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Heard some interesting stats on the Radio.

Week 4: Danyl gets more votes than the rest combined.

Week when Jedward went out, Jedward had more public votes than Olly.
    **** you Danni Minogue....

I guess it takes away the belief that maybe the show was being rigged, in order to keep Jedward in. They lost anything close to the X Factor that week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

she's and idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Chezza: Weak, limp, lifeless Joe...

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Chezza: Weak, limp, lifeless Joe...

For me anyway, to be an entertainer you do not have to have a crazy dance routine for an upbeat song. Powerful vocals are just as entertaining -which Joe has! Joe and Stacey actually gave me goosebumps when they sang. Anyone hear the rumours Joe is going down the Zac Efron route? My likeness for him will certainly fade if he does.

Haha that L'Oreal ad is hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

X Factor heartthrob Joe McElderry is hoping love will blossom with former contestant Rachel Adedeji.

Geordie Joe - now bookies' favourite to win thanks to a huge fan base of adoring teenage girls - became close to Rachel during her time in the X Factor house. And the pair have since spent hours on the phone to each other. "Joe thinks Rachel's totally amazing," our source said. "They were best mates in the house but he'd like her to be his girlfriend.

"He has missed her since she left the competition and the house. They talk on the phone all the time."

Rachel was voted off X Factor four weeks ago. A show source said Joe and 17-year-old Londoner Rachel would make a perfect couple.

"They are both really down-to-earth, genuine people and it's obvious when you see them together they care a lot about each other. I think it'd be great for Joe to have a girlfriend who's into the same things as he is."

Joe, 18, is being besieged in the house in North London by screaming fans who have taken him to their hearts, particularly now twins John and Edward are off the show.

Our source said: "Girls have always liked Joe, I think it's because he's so nice. He's not arrogant - there's no side to him."

Rachel looks alot older

JP Liz wrote: »
    Rachel looks alot older

..and comes accross much more annoying/obnoxious and fake as opposed to the claimed down to earth and genuine!

I'm just after hearing Miley Cyrus' version of 'The Climb'! She sounds like a teenage boy going through puberty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I'm just after hearing Miley Cyrus' version of 'The Climb'! She sounds like a teenage boy going through puberty!
    thats because she is!!

ah no she isnt the best singer to be fair, but she is very marketable, and kids just love her

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Rock band Rage Against The Machine is ahead of X Factor winner Joe McElderry in the race for the Christmas number one, early sales figures suggest.

A Facebook group aiming to get the band's 1992 hit Killing In The Name to the top of the festive chart has attracted more than 750,000 members.

But McElderry's debut The Climb, out on CD on Wednesday, is expected to catch up by the weekend.

The Official Charts Company (OCC) said it is "a very exciting battle".

Campaign criticism

It is understood that there is a 10% margin in sales between the two singles after Sunday and Monday.

McElderry's song was released digital after his victory in the X Factor final, while Rage Against The Machine has been out almost twice as long.

X Factor judge Simon Cowell has criticised the internet campaign, calling it "stupid".

Prior to the final of the ITV talent show, he said: "I think the campaign's aimed directly at me."

The Facebook page includes a link to homeless charity site Shelter, which has raised nearly £30,000 in donations.

Rage Against The Machine, meanwhile, are signed to Epic Records, which is part of Sony BMG, the same label as McElderry.

The OCC's Martin Talbot said "two different records have captured the nation's imagination".

"According to our initial sales estimates, there is no doubt that this tussle is far from over," he added.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8413557.stm

Some laugh that continued!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/jedward-sign-record-deal-with-cowell-label-438332.html
    Jedward sign record deal with Cowell label
    'X Factor' sensations Jedward have landed a record deal from Simon Cowell.

The 18-year-old twins from Lucan will release their new record with Simon's company Sony BMG.

The 'X factor' judge once famously claimed he would leave the UK if John and Edward won the show.

Also from the Christmas 'Heat' http://www.jedwardgenius.com/apps/photos/photo/prev?photoid=62475241
    I've noticed in alot of the recent interviews Edward is going on about dogs :P In reality riot he was talking about Dannii Minogues, in "The Guide" he was talking about his and his grannys now hes saying that his dont realise its Christmas :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

how did olly deserve to win it more?
    Joe delivered great vocal performances week after week. Olly didnt.
    Joe is decent at upbeat songs, better than olly at ballads anyways imo..
    Also, Ollys version of The Climb was inferior to Joes.. I know that it wasnt his type of sound but still, I'd rather Joes version of The Climb on my ipod rather than ollys..
    I agree with most of what you have to say but Olly has more of a range than Joe. I prefered Joe's version of that song but i think that song was used as it suited Joe more and they presumed he would win the show. If the final song was upbeat it would have been for Olly. Every week Joes performance was the same. Olly made me smile, hes handsome, sexy and able to dance. Joe just looks stiff on stage, there is no performance and nothing to look foward to. Yes he was more consistant vocally but does that make him better?? I also believe that the fact that Cheryl was his mentor definitely put him above the rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

emo!! wrote: »
    thats because she is!!

That's so mean! :eek: :P

Cowell signing Jedward just shows how much of a chancer he is. After all the stick he gave them he signs them? Talk about playing up to a persona....

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That's so mean! :eek: :P

Cowell signing Jedward just shows how much of a chancer he is. After all the stick he gave them he signs them? Talk about playing up to a persona....

honestly I think Simon loved them the whole way through. It was all an act. Simon is always the grumpy old man everyone loves to hate. That's HIS role. He was winning off Jedward from the start. He is producer/part ownder of the show or something. Xfactor has been going down in recent years in the amount of people watching, and Jedward pulled a hell of a lot more in this year...including the majority of Ireland. He's been making money off them from the start, it was only a matter of time before he signed them. Even if its hype for the next 6 months...he'll make 6 months worth of whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

hacked wrote: »
    honestly I think Simon loved them the whole way through. It was all an act. Simon is always the grumpy old man everyone loves to hate. That's HIS role. He was winning off Jedward from the start. He is producer/part ownder of the show or something. Xfactor has been going down in recent years in the amount of people watching, and Jedward pulled a hell of a lot more in this year...including the majority of Ireland. He's been making money off them from the start, it was only a matter of time before he signed them. Even if its hype for the next 6 months...he'll make 6 months worth of whatever.

Ya, I agree with you, that's why I said Cowell was just playing up to his on screen persona when he was slagging Jedward.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Ya, I agree with you, that's why I said Cowell was just playing up to his on screen persona when he was slagging Jedward.

oh duh...sorry. I must not have read you properly. Really tired today! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cleveroli

Vodkat wrote: »
    I agree with most of what you have to say but Olly has more of a range than Joe.

I think its strange that Danni Moan said when voting off Jedward that it was a SINGING contest and yet it was obvious that Olly when finally given a song without the 20 dancers distracting from his voice BOMBED - Ive said it before - you cant hear dance moves on a CD. therefore the more deserving contestant won.

Yes he was more consistant vocally but does that make him better??
    AH YES!!???

I hope Joe does well he seems like a really nice guy - but jayus keep away from Rachel - shes like a poor version of Grace Jones.

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I posted that up a while ago. He villainized them in bootcamp. They got ratings, they got people talking, this whole thread is 80% Jedward and they increased his revenue. He's a scumbag, he uses people as cash cows and then screws them over when they cease being profitable.

The only reason he picked The Climb as a single is because it's a Country & Western song. It's not a teeny bopper Miley type song. He has his finger in many pies; boy bands, divas, pop music, opera... now he sees a gap in the market for country music. I said a few weeks ago that I BET Kevin Skinner ( the country singer) would win America's Got Talent. It's all so fukn rigged.

Do you think Paul Potts and Susan Boyle were placed on the show without a lot of scheming and production? They got the country talking, they are both innocent and naive (he can play on their dreams - like the kids in X factor) he can manipulate them. Add them to Il Divo and he's now got the opera market all sewn up.

Why do singers win (or runner up) the Got Talent series when there already IS a singing contest? Hmm... Could it be because Simon Cowell wants to sing new acts to his record label and sell many albums?

Ya I was actually so naive about it all before I went researching it! I'd say NOTHING, NOT ONE IOTA, happens on the X Factor without his say so! But poor Joe, does he even want to do that crap!?

I posted that up a while ago. Cowell villainized the twins in bootcamp. They got ratings, they got people talking, (this whole thread is 80% Jedward!)and they increased his revenue. He's a scumbag, he set them up and let them go through terrible abuse. They were just innocent kids. He uses people as cash cows and then screws them over when they cease being profitable.

The only reason he picked The Climb as a single is because it's a Country & Western song. It's not a teeny bopper Miley type song. He has his finger in many pies; boy bands, divas, pop music, opera... now he sees a gap in the market for country music. I said a few weeks ago that I BET Kevin Skinner ( the country singer) would win America's Got Talent. It's all so fekn rigged and unfair. It makes me sick.

Do you think Paul Potts and Susan Boyle were placed on the show without a lot of scheming and production? They got the country talking, they are both innocent and naive (he can play on their dreams - like the kids in X factor) he can manipulate them. Add them to Il Divo, Andrew Johnston (BGT runner up) and Rhydian and he's now got the opera market all sewn up.

Why do singers win (or runner up) the Got Talent series when there already IS a singing contest? Hmm... Could it be because Simon Cowell wants to sign new acts to his record label and sell many albums?

Simon Cowell has got his winner picked from the start. The whole show is orchestrated by him, and everyone is a pawn. The judges, auditionees, especially the viewers. Free publicity for his future acts until they're dropped for a new flavour of the month.

The man should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Ya I was actually so naive about it all before I went researching it! I'd say NOTHING, NOT ONE IOTA, happens on the X Factor without his say so! But poor Joe, does he even want to do that crap!?

Simon Cowell is pretty predictable once you try to think as he does. Wish I had put those bets on Joe and Kevin now. Grr... Ah well.

I only hope Joe gets dropped by Cowell asap and picked up by the West End where he can have a decent career and flourish.

Simon Cowell is pure poison. He made €8 million from this series of X Factor alone. You know the winner of BGT only gets 100k?! Paul Potts has two multi platinum albums and is only worth €5 million.

Poor George Sampson got dropped after one record. Initially in 2007 Simon pushed for him to get through to live shows. He didn't make it. He won in 2008 (coincidence??) Simon wanted to make a dance video DVD. That's a novel money maker. Luckily George got a £1 million deal from Natwest to be the face of their youth accounts.

Simon pays them pittance but earns millions from them and just drops them. Boils my blood. The man is scum.

I hear he's giving Jedward a record deal. I hope they tell him to stick it up his arse and then have really successful careers on their own terms without him leeching them.

Also, he only keeps Leona and Cheryl around because he's trying to get into their pants imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

Don't know if this has been said but Ollie is also going to be signed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement