Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options
1370371372373374376»

Comments

Just wondering did anyone else absolutely love the group performances on the Sunday night shows? I know they were terribly cheesy and camp but I'm gonna really miss them! I love that 'Never Forget' song by Take That now!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/112849/X-Factor-twins-John-and-Edward-s-single-dream/

That kinda contradicts my last post, this saying they're not signed to Simon..

I wonder what they'd write a song about, the way their interviews are going it will probably be about dogs :P
    But its John and Edward so it could be absolutely anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

it's absolutely pointless for Jedward to be signed to a record label

they're not musicians, they're a panto act

They just need a good agent

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Torn between Joe and RATM?

John and Edward are rumoured to be on Graham Nortons show New Years eve and Ant and Decs Christmas show on Stephens' day :)
    Also just saw this.
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/14705/new-media/jedward-unveil-their-christmas-iphone-app

I can only guess they're the only X Factor contestants to have their own iphone application..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

awww man really do hope they're on GN.. would be funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭rodberg007

Someone is make alot of money out of these guys and this time next year they will be forgotten about completely.. good marketing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

rodberg007 wrote: »
    Someone is make alot of money out of these guys and this time next year they will be forgotten about completely.. good marketing though.
    I don't know about that, this time next year the X Factor will be back and my spidey senses are telling me that Jedward will get some more work with the X(tra) Factor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah, I can see Jedward filling Holly's departing boots if all goes well for them in the next year.

phasers wrote: »
    I don't know about that, this time next year the X Factor will be back and my spidey senses are telling me that Jedward will get some more work with the X(tra) Factor :D
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see Jedward filling Holly's departing boots if all goes well for them in the next year.

Do yee really think so?!! :D:D
    That would be extremly brillient, I would go out of my way to watch the Xtra Factor in that case :)

As much as i'd love Stephen Mulhern to present it, John and Edward presenting would be amazing :D

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Do yee really think so?!! :D:D
    That would be extremly brillient, I would go out of my way to watch the Xtra Factor in that case :)

As much as i'd love Stephen Mulhern to present it, John and Edward presenting would be amazing :D
    Stephen does BGT.. dont like him on it

yano what would be even better than J&E .. ant and dec, they did pop idol before, they aint on tv enough for my liking !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

emo!! wrote: »

yano what would be even better than J&E .. ant and dec, they did pop idol before, they aint on tv enough for my liking !
    Ah but they'll be in Australia! I'm a celeb and X Factor clash... full steam ahead Jedward :D

ah sure once they're on tv thats okay!

Bring on J&E so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Oooohh John and Edward on the Xtra Factor.
    Me likey :).

emo!! wrote: »

He was my reason for watching the BGT spin off show! I think he has really funny moments :D But its the kinda funny not everyone likes I guess...

I think there should be a petition, to make sure John and Edward present Xtra Factor !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Liked Joe, and reckoned out of a poor enough bunch he was the best.
    But can't help feeling he will be this years Leon Jackson. Hope I'm wrong.

But had to laugh at this prediction of Joes future!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQZzV5-JL_0&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

tee hee @average joe video

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2009/12/The-9-0Clock-News--Thu-17-Dec/
    Jedward get their own TV show!
    John and Edward Grimes have been offered their own TV show. The X Factor duo have been in demand ever since leaving the ITV show a few weeks back, and now it appears ITV2 will be following them in a fly-on-the-wall show as they go about their no doubt crazy lives. The deal is in the process of being completed, and it's expected that the cameras could start following the twins straight after Christmas, as they prepare for the X Factor live tour that kicks off in February. One source explained, "The boys have been swamped with offers. It has been a case of turning down most things. The show will be the same glossy format as Jordan and Peter's, following their crazy antics day-to-day." Whatever you think of Jedward, you can't deny this show is going to be very amusing. We actually can't wait!

Hmmm....this will either be amazing or a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Stevecw wrote: »
    Liked Joe, and reckoned out of a poor enough bunch he was the best.
    But can't help feeling he will be this years Leon Jackson. Hope I'm wrong.

But had to laugh at this prediction of Joes future!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQZzV5-JL_0&feature=player_embedded

almost cried laughing....brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Has their 15 minutes not passed? It'll be shown at midnight on Monday nights or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I will be watching every single episode and if it were not ITV2 I would sky+ it!
    That would be soo cool :D:D

I heard though at their gigs there was often camera people with them/following them maybe it was all for this show.

Aww Im all excited now :cool::D:pac::P:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

X Factor runner-up Olly Murs has revealed that he dreams of landing a part in EastEnders.

The Essex-born singer, who lost out to Joe McElderry in Sunday's final, told Metro that he would like to appear in a scene with the soap's long-standing Mitchell family.

Murs commented: "I would love to bowl into the Queen Vic and ask Peggy Mitchell for a pint."

He continued: "I'd confront Phil over something in the bar. It would be great fun."

However, the 25-year-old confirmed that his main ambition is to prove himself in the charts over the coming months.

"A pop career is my focus," he said.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Simon Cowell had decided to offer Murs a record contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1217/cowells.html

Simon Cowell performed a tribute to Jedward at the 'X Factor' wrap party, rapping Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby.

As part of the end of series celebrations, staff create spoof audition videos to play at the party and the 50-year-old music mogul rapped the 90s hit, performed by John and Edward Grimes on the show, complete with dance moves.

The 'X Factor' wrap party took place at London's Jalouse nightclub, and was enjoyed by Jedward as well as finalists Olly Murs, 25, and 20-year-old Stacey Solomon.
    Advertisement

But winner Joe McElderry missed the party to attend a CD signing in his home town of South Shields.

Olly made the most of the bash and was reportedly spotted canoodling with backing dancer Sianad Gregory, 22.

He told the Daily Mirror: "She is pretty hot. She just split up with her boyfriend two or three days ago so there is nothing going on

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Sheeeeeesh, I am highly disappointed with the fact that Joe won (nothing to do with the fact that I had a tenner on Olly to win :D)

I really did think Olly was the better of the two overall, Joe is just another bloody ballad singer, which IMO we have waaaaaay too much of. And seriously, The Climb? What exactly is wrong with releasing an ORIGINAL song for the winner? Or is Cowell too lazy and he knows he could release any oul guff and it would still get to No.1? (well he's right I suppose, given previous winners' success)

Blah is all I have to say. Apart from Olly and Jedward, this year's X-Factor was just BLAH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

But winner Joe McElderry missed the party to attend a CD signing in his home town of South Shields.

boring boring boring Joe

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Best and worst of XFactor on TV3 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mantom

I used to have respect for Joe McElderry, even though I was gunning for Olly Murs to win. But after reading the front page of The Sun newspaper today, that respect is somewhat gone.

It showed pictures of Joe throwing darts at a dartboard, with a photo of Zack covering it, lead singer of Rage Against the Machine. Joe was played his rival's song, 'Killing in the Name', and he bashed it. He said 'How can anyone enjoy this?' ..

Well, welcome to the world of different music Joe. It's not all bloody Hannah Montana songs you know ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Apparently Joe John McElderry is doing well ;) (according to NME anyway)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement