Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Im not a huge reality tv fan but I've always liked the X-factor as it's very well produced.

Live auditions are a big big mistake. The X-factor was always really in two parts...the audition phase where we were amazed by the great singers and sniggered at the delusionals and then the serious business of the competition. The whole point about the private auditions is so you can really connect with the auditionee and you can hear thier voice, auditioning on stage in a huge arena with a mic only highlights an amazing voice or a very bad one.

The Judges really dont seem comfortable either, Cowell was nice as pie...even when he was trying to be nasty he was balancing a bad comment with something positive.

Britans got Talent works as only a small % of people are singers, the rest are visual acts so thats why live auditions work. I reckon!

Seemingly the ratings were down by about 500,000 and it's very easy to see why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flowertot

alan1990 wrote: »
    What is the song they just played?

Went something like "......you are my mountain way up high....." or something similar to that!

think you're talking bout the worlds greatest by R. kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Flowertot wrote: »
    think you're talking bout the worlds greatest by R. kelly
    It's "The X Factor - Stock Song #23" along with Take That's "Shine" and S Club 7's "Reach!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Don't forget All or Nothing by O Town. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

And that Girls Aloud song that goes "no no no"

In fact all Girls aloud songs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

danyl johnson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzj9z8QDTfU
    good but bit hyperactive wasn't he

danyl johnson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzj9z8QDTfU
    good but bit hyperactive wasn't he

I've calmed down after being swept up by the hype. I think he did okay, it's hard to tell how much of a good voice he has because he was either doing (a) a bit of shouting or (b) letting the backing track do its' thing.

Also, some of his moves were not charismatic, but cheesy. For example when he tosses the microphone from hand to hand, I can't see any serious artist doing that on stage. It's just a bit camp and lame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Misticalz2003

Was very unsure of what i'd think of the new set up for it this year..... but i think its ok obviously funnier when it was just judges but i liked it ....

THat young fella who sang Luther Vandross near had me in tears - Very good!!!

And the hottie teacher - OMG!! so so so good.... - Looking forward to hearing more from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Danyl Johnson, a teacher from Reading, UK, gave what Simon Cowell called, “singlehandedly, the best first audition I have heard” on Britain’s X-Factor talent show over the past weekend. Amidst the subsequent commotion from the press, Johnson talked to The Mirror (UK), telling reporters that he’s bisexual.

How many best auditions have there been - every year Simon says this :rolleyes:

This Danyl guy is also the talk of the US - he audition is getting loads of you tube hits

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

What time is it on tomorrow, is it 7pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

just started :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

x factor should be renamed the cringe factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Anonomyte

The stunners......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Anyone else think that "Sex on Fire" guy was kinda shít?

LadyJ wrote: »
    Anyone else think that "Sex on Fire" guy was kinda shít?

Yea it was karaoke, he was shouting and pandering mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

yeah, i don't think he was all that good- altho, i'm not saying i'd do better!

Yeah he was shouting it i'd have liked if they asked him to sing something else.

Yeah he was shouting it i'd have liked if they asked him to ding something else.

Yeah playing the triangle is much better.:D

Nah, he wasn't shouting, just singing powerfully but I just found him to be out of tune a lot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That fella with the dead brother, yeah I feel sorry for him but ffs, enough of the sob stories. There's no way he would have gotten through if it wasn't for that....

• Advertisement

Anonomyte wrote: »

Yeah playing the triangle is much better.:D

I would have liked that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭anonymousman

I watch the show just for the OTT sob stories, and they hit the big time tonight. Wow.

So far that girl group who sang Toxic, and the single mother from Essex are the only ones with real talent because they don't just sing karoke- they make the songs theyre own. And not by jumping around stage screaming over backing tracks.

I thought the Caribbean girl was good.

I'm getting sick of these sob stories. I mean just think for a second, imagine you were going for a audition on The X Factor and you told your Family "hey, I'm going to tell the entire British public about the tragedy we have been through." I know the reaction I would get from my Family if I told them that.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of these sob stories. I mean just think for a second, imagine you were going for a audition on The X Factor and you told your Family "hey, I'm going to tell the entire British public about the tragedy we have been through." I know the reaction I would get from my Family if I told them that.

I agree, but its a big seller, if the judges turned them down after the sobs they would be classed as evil....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sob story was bad enough.. until the kid ran out on stage. FFS! :mad:

The "Sex on Fire" lad was simply a good showman.. not a good singer. Energetic and born-performer, yes.. but not a good singer by any stretch of the imagination.

2 episodes in and I'm already sick of this year's X Factor. The auditions used to be the best bit.. now they're as bland and boring as the live shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Namlub wrote: »
    That fella with the dead brother, yeah I feel sorry for him but ffs, enough of the sob stories. There's no way he would have gotten through if it wasn't for that....
    Now that I cant stand like WTF do they take the public for ? . Sure it's tragic about his dead brother but how can you use that in part of your act to get public sympathy votes ( and judges thumbs up ) .......I frigging hate that :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

I liked the Sex on Fire guy.

Not a great one tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Personally, I thought the young girl from Trinidad/Tobego (which was it? :/) was the best tonight. Not a note out of place from what I heard, did the song just as well as Jennifer Hudson in the film.

The Sex on Fire bloke grated on me; the bloke who's brother died was decent.. but nothing more. He couldn't reach the higher notes, and I find it appalling how someone can use the death of a sibling to manipulate a talent show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The Stunners :pac: disgraceful - Louis's face was priceless when they said their name

The afro haired guy was good at the end

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement