Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Why can we not vote from Ireland?

Anyone know?

Danyl or John and Edward to win!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

muffinhead wrote: »
    If anyone wants to vote for John & Edward call 0044 333 666 9828 (cost 35c/min). You'll here a 15 second advert then the call is diverted to the X Factor voting line.
    Are you sure it definatly works??
    Id vote if I knew it was going to be counted..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It definitely works, I just rang it

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

deise_girl wrote: »

It appears to work - I was diverted to the X Factor voting line after listening to the advert. John & Edward both spoke - they must be working overtime :D !

There is a big long article you can read here about it: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/Free-X-Factor-Votes NOTE: It's only "free" from the UK (people with inclusive minutes).

deise_girl wrote: »

Yes it works...........get voting!

• Advertisement

It appears to work - I was diverted to the X Factor voting line after listening to the advert. John & Edward both spoke - they must be working overtime :D !

There is a big long article you can read here about it: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/Free-X-Factor-Votes NOTE: It's only "free" from the UK (people with inclusive minutes).

muffinhead ur a legend!

post the number everywhere!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Dilynnio wrote: »
    muffinhead ur a legend!

post the number everywhere!:D

The voting numbers provided by free2call seem to change every week so you'll have visit http://www.free2call.tv/X-Factor.html each weekend to get the most up to date John & Edward number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭limericklassy

Just did myself and forwarded it on via facebook..go john and ed

Btw i cant stand danny, he may have singing talent but is a plank after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

cheerio wrote: »
    Alexandra wasn't miming, Cheryl will have to though she can't sing at all.

She was in parts. I knew she wasn't full on miming but I think she was singing over her track and there were parts were she definitely was not singing and relied on the track.

Disgraceful actually.

Thank you! :)
    Ill get voting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

The twins done it again, cheesy at its best, so funny......the world is warming to them now, i love the twins:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

shinny wrote: »
    She was in parts. I knew she wasn't full on miming but I think she was singing over her track and there were parts were she definitely was not singing and relied on the track.

Disgraceful actually.
    There was nothing disgraceful about her performance. You really havent got a clue

Her act was one of the biggest dance productions ever done on the X Factor

You can [well should] hear a distinct difference between her back track and her own voice, also, you can hear her breathes when she actually sings

Lip-synching isn't always a bad thing

Claiming you're a great singer, but always lip-synching to cover up the truth is wrong

Alex doesnt need to prove she can sing. We know she can, her voice is incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

If anyone wants to vote for John & Edward call 0044 333 666 9828 (cost 35c/min). You'll here a 15 second advert then the call is diverted to the X Factor voting line.

Just voted. Yay! I put the number up on Facebook too so hopefully the votes will start rolling in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

shinny wrote: »

Disgraceful actually.

She was singing all right, it's only in the last dancing part she let the backing track run (you can hear it's much quieter) and she was singing additional vocals over it. Backing track is standard these days if you don't have backing singers on stage but lead vocals she did live.

The number is also on bebo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It doesn't seem fair somehow that Alexandra mimed - yes we know she can sing well so why not get up there and sing? Cheryl should too, bet she's recorded a dead easy one. She was hired for Girls Aloud 'cos of her looks, for anyone who remembers the 'Popstars-The Rivals' auditions will remember her voice was very average. If Nicola had've had her voice no way would she've been in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ann22 wrote: »
    It doesn't seem fair somehow that Alexandra mimed - yes we know she can sing well so why not get up there and sing? Cheryl should too, bet she's recorded a dead easy one. She was hired for Girls Aloud 'cos of her looks, for anyone who remembers the 'Popstars-The Rivals' auditions will remember her voice was very average. If Nicola had've had her voice no way would she've been in the band.
    She didn't lip-synch the whole thing

She did it in parts, understandably, as her dance routine was pretty fast paced

Also, she's not singing some big classic, its a polished 2009 dance track

Her performance was great

agree abt cheryl though, and her single isnt even great. she shoulda done it more up tempo like Heartbreaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

LOL at the twins last night

Rikkie and Lloyd were terrible - Cheryl crying because Lloyd got really negative comments was very annoying hope there are in the bottom 2 tonight

Stacey, Jamie, Danyl and Olly all top performances last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

It doesn't seem fair somehow that Alexandra mimed - yes we know she can sing well so why not get up there and sing?

I honestly don't think she mimed apart from the final dancing part when she only did some of the lead vocals. She's a very powerful singer and you could hear all kinds of small things when she sang that would not be there if she mimed.
    Cheryl should too, bet she's recorded a dead easy one. She was hired for Girls Aloud 'cos of her looks, for anyone who remembers the 'Popstars-The Rivals' auditions will remember her voice was very average. If Nicola had've had her voice no way would she've been in the band.

Cheryl should be a model. She has the look, the bounce and the charm to be Europe's Cindy Crawford of the naughties. She would rake millions and deservingly so. But her being a singer and singing judge is an insult to all real singers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

joes girls wrote: »
    The twins done it again, cheesy at its best, so funny......the world is warming to them now, i love the twins:)

them twins canot sing its a singing contest like!...yes its funny to see them make a mickey of themselfs on tv but its a singing talent show and they cannot sing...the quicker they are kicked out the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Does anyone know if Louis is going to be on tonights results show?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

marko91 wrote: »
    them twins canot sing its a singing contest like!...yes its funny to see them make a mickey of themselfs on tv but its a singing talent show and they cannot sing...the quicker they are kicked out the better.

it may be a singing contest but its also an entertainment show...and those guys can seriously entertain!

The longer they stay, the more ill be interested in the show as imo, it can get fairly boring at times :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Only just saw last night's show now... Twins were hilarious... Hope they stay in...

Thought Joe, Lucie, Jamie, Olly and Danyl all did well as well...

Stacey is beginning to grate on my nerves a bit, but I reckon she's safe...

Didn't think Miss Frank were great this week, but I do like them...

I'd like to see Rachel or Rikki go this week, and don't think Llyod deserves to be there, but for now I'd like to see him stay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Cheryl Cole has reportedly rubbished claims that she is planning to mime on The X Factor this weekend.
    The judge, who is scheduled to perform her debut solo single 'Fight For This Love' on Sunday night, confirmed that she will pre-record her performance with a live vocal earlier in the day.
    "I really don't see the problem. I will be singing live," The Evening Standard quotes her as saying.
    "I just won't have time to get changed and get prepared for the performance, and be a judge on the show. It would be too hectic."
    Cole, who performed 'The Promise' with Girls Aloud last year on the show, admitted that she feels "absolutely terrified" about singing by herself.
    "I love performing but I've sat for weeks judging people and now I'm putting myself out there to be judged," she said.

Lets see how she does :D

Rikki or Lloyd to go tonight

unreggd wrote: »
    There was nothing disgraceful about her performance. You really havent got a clue

Her act was one of the biggest dance productions ever done on the X Factor

You can [well should] hear a distinct difference between her back track and her own voice, also, you can hear her breathes when she actually sings

Lip-synching isn't always a bad thing

Claiming you're a great singer, but always lip-synching to cover up the truth is wrong

Alex doesnt need to prove she can sing. We know she can, her voice is incredible

No need to get personal. This is my opinion based on being involved in music all my life.

Then why not just sing? I never rated her and I think it was wrong that she won last year. Many artists dance around the stage AND perform with no aids. To my mind, she's a weak performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

herya wrote: »

Cheryl should be a model. She has the look, the bounce and the charm to be Europe's Cindy Crawford of the naughties. She would rake millions and deservingly so. But her being a singer and singing judge is an insult to all real singers...

Cheryl is only about 5'3 or 5'4. Way too short to be a model.

I agree with the rest of your post though :)

Does anyone know if Louis is going to be on tonights results show?

I've been trying to find that out too. I hope so. I miss Louis!

Edit: Actually just did a google search and
    Louis Walsh will not be present on either of this week’s X Factor shows due to Gately’s funeral in Dublin.

Read more: http://www.xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/#ixzz0UJSPLDiP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Think the news reports during the week said he would miss the whole weekend. Soon find out I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Louis could be losing another one of his groups without him even being there! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Missed the show last night, just catching up on youtube. None of them were particularly impressive last night, I thought. Lloyd and Ricky were particularly horrible, if they're in the bottom two I hope Ricky and his devil-eyebrow get kicked out.

And as for Olly ... I still don't get it :confused: His voice is meah, looks and personality are also pretty meah imo. I get that overall the standards are pretty low this year, but even so I don't see what anyone sees in him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement