Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I forgot that band aswell - The Miss Fits or something? Thought they were very impressive.
    Prefered that arrangement a million times more than Britney Spears' version (Toxic). They harmonised well, their voices complimented each other and they were hardly hard on the eye.

It's a shame you forget about the good people when you remember the bad ones (the stunners spring to mind) more.

Oh, and I know the Bristol Road, I know Selly Oak Hospital.. but I've no idea where Wyrley Castle is!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The sex on fire guy, i thought was really good at the end of the song. Not so much the beginning though.

Also, the lad whos brother is dead was alright as well.
    I will admit though, i was ballin when his nephew ran outta onto the stage after the performance crying..
    Im not sure if it was all an act but i couldnt help but shed a tear or two...or a hundred!!

I liked that trinidad/tobago girl. Especially the way you could tell that she was enjoying every second of it :). It was really nice to watch.

As for the stunners, oh god! They were brutal... Louis' reaction was brilliant. Couldnt help but laugh along. :pac:

overall, not a great show.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I realy don't like the audience element at all, that absolutely awful nutter in the leather trousers would have never gotten through without the audience getting behind him.
    I much preferred the no backing music/singing to the judges in a room auditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Misticalz2003

I cried to the X-Factor OMG!!! how sad am I... THe fella who's brother had died had a lump in my throat but then when his nephew came out on stage i full blown cried shame!! (he was good singer too!!!)

Also fella with the afro was good really got the crowd going!!

The Stunnas - The only stunning thing bout them was that they thought they looked good!! Seriously why did none of their family / friends tell em the truth save the shame!!

Really liked the girl from trindad aswell was very impressed by her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

basquille wrote: »
    Sob story was bad enough.. until the kid ran out on stage. FFS! :mad:

The "Sex on Fire" lad was simply a good showman.. not a good singer. Energetic and born-performer, yes.. but not a good singer by any stretch of the imagination.

Agree with both of these comments, no point rewording it.

I really liked The Misfits doing "Toxic". I'm not a girl band supporter at all but I thought they genuinely looked the part, great harmonies & put the effort in to be creative & change the song. Thought they were the best for that episode.

Did anyone see Xtra Factor where had the 50yr old who had a massive trouser snake thing going on? Rest of the show was fairly dull (apart from the marshmallow competition), but that was pretty funny. Felt sorry for his daughter waiting in the wings while 2,500 people laughed at her dad's crotch.

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »

Did anyone see Xtra Factor where had the 50yr old who had a massive trouser snake thing going on? Rest of the show was fairly dull (apart from the marshmallow competition), but that was pretty funny. Felt sorry for his daughter waiting in the wings while 2,500 people laughed at her dad's crotch.

Hahahaha! That was hilarious :pac:
    cheryl couldnt even look at him like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Thought Afro and Danyl were good at best. I think the best one so far has been Joe, the bloke who sang "Dance With My Father" who Cheryl loved because he was from her area.

The gay Scottish lad from the first week was absolutely hilarious. His performence and the way he spoke to Simon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

X Factor Judge Louis Walsh will turn Milan into a Boyzone today as he picks his top three bands for the show’s live finals.
    Chart-topper Ronan Keating will jet out to the glamorous Italian city with him to help make the right choice.
    The Irishman, 57, has only won the show once before – with Shayne Ward, 24 – but he is determined to steal the crown from last year’s golden girl Cheryl Cole, 26.
    The wannabes will be put under tough scrutiny by Louis and Ronan, 32, to make sure they have what it takes to deal with the pressure of being on the show.
    A show insider said: “Louis is great with the bands and he’s determined to find one this year that can win the show and become superstars around the world.” Rival judges Dannii Minogue, 37, and Cheryl have already picked their young female and male finalists, while Simon Cowell, 49, will pick his over-25s in LA over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I cried to the X-Factor OMG!!! how sad am I... THe fella who's brother had died had a lump in my throat but then when his nephew came out on stage i full blown cried shame!! (he was good singer too!!!)

OH noes , another sob story :rolleyes: .. now im not heartless or anything, but i dont think he was that good, and what partily made the judges put him through was the sob story

Ugh here hoping it wont be like last year, where you had to have a sob story to be in the top ten

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

That was absolutely hilarious! I love Xtra Factor, they show all the more crazy stuff that they wouldn't dare on the main show! Twas gas and then when Louis said "sorry, you just don't have the full package" ha ha! :D

• Advertisement

thats was funny he def had the erect factor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

oh no it seems like i'm going to be doing a lot of can't handle it cringe flicking tonight. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

JP Liz, will you please use spoilers, even for stuff from the papers? I don't bother reading anything (in newspapers) bout X-Factor, just like to watch it, and they haven't done the "which judge has which act" episode yet.

oh no it seems like i'm going to be doing a lot of can't handle it cringe flicking tonight. :(

At least theres the Ireland match on the other side. Not sure which one is more cringe-inducing though...

Love that Busby guys voice, absolutely hilarious!

Was Tom Idelson a man or woman?

Shephards pie-aahh, til I die...

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Would this f*cking audience stop clapping at every opportunity?!

Christ almighty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Oh my God. The no longer engaged couple are causing me so much second hand embarrassment aaaaagh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FFS.... isn't this a singing show?!

These two morons.. "fank you to the judges fer geffin' us back on track!"

Absolutely awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Is this guy serious or taking the p!ss?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Whoah, not a great episode...
    And double trouble that are on the xtra factor now were on it last week, wtf?!

It was nice of cheryl to give that lloyd guy a second chance. :). Hes good looking too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Thought that girl Lucy was quite good, took on a difficult song & did well. She's not one of those shrieky, weepy girly girls either which is refreshing.

I found it hard watching that girl Joanna, the really bad ones always seem mentally unstable. You know they are going to be awful as soon as you see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I really like that Welsh girl Lucie last night. She had a gorgeous voice, and she would look really pretty with the right clothes and makeup (the gladiator sandals and eye-makeup did nothing for her IMO!) I think she'll definitely be in the final twelve anyways.

The others that have stood out for me so far have been:

Joseph McElderry (Dance with my Father) - Not that I particularly liked him, but he's very commercial and marketable, I think he'll go far in the show! He'll be this years Eoghan Quigg but not as annoying.

Stacey Solomon (What a Wonderful World) - Fantastic voice, although I think the ditziness and accent might get annoying after a while! I like her though.

Miss Fitz (Toxic) - By far the best group so far, even though I can't see them winning. I loved their arrangement of Toxic, when it comes to the live shows though I doubt they'll be allowed do their own thing with the songs. Pity. They still look gorgeous, have good voices and are very likeable.

I'm not a fan of Danyl Johnson, the teacher. I don't know why, he can definitely sing ... he's more style than substance though, and he thinks he's better than he is in my opinion.

I hate the way they go round all the different cities this year, I much preferred when they only had one city per audition episode. One of the things I most looked forward to was seeing Dani and Cheryl's outfits, but this year we saw all of them in the first audition show!

Anyone know how many more audition shows are left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Namlub wrote: »
    Whoah, not a great episode...
    And double trouble that are on the xtra factor now were on it last week, wtf?!
    yeah was a bit disappointed in it, even the xtra factor wasnt the best

until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/soaps/X+Factor-55604.html

A 'X Factor' duo called off their engagement for a second time hours after being reconciled by the show's judges.

Kirsty Weightman and Jack Stuckey - seen auditioning under the name Combined Effort last night - admitted they had called originally split up just three days before auditioning for the show.

But despite show judges Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole's best efforts to get them back together - after Jack broke down during their rendition of Starship's 80s classic 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now' - they argued and finally split shortly for good straight after the show.

Kirsty, 19, told Britain's Sunday Mirror newspaper: "When we were on stage I knew Jack realised he'd made a mistake and wanted me back. All the judges were telling him to ask me out again.
    I put my head in my hands because I mixed up the lyrics and felt like I had ruined my shot at becoming a singer.
    "He turned to me and covered his microphone and said, 'I'm going to ask you out again and I think you should say yes'.

"Everyone cheered, but when we went home together to have a chat about things we were back to our old ways and started arguing almost straight away."

Kirsty - who said she had been convinced to go through with the audition by Jack despite being heartbroken by him calling their engagement off - was also dismayed to find Tesco's supermarket worker Jack, also 19, soon tried to hit on her best friend.

She added: "Later I found out he'd already asked out my best friend and was seeing a girl in Tesco. It seems a bit of an insult only a few months after we were planning the rest of our lives together he's with another girl."

Jack said he was never fully sure when he had asked Kirsty to take him back.

He told Britain's News Of The World Newspaper: "When you've got someone like Simon Cowell urging you on you just go with it. But even as I stood there professing my love I knew it was finished.

"I put my head in my hands because I mixed up the lyrics and felt like I had ruined my shot at becoming a singer."

Not one bit surprised at that. It was very obvious she was just saying yes to him for the sake of it.

Was she pregnant? She looked it, and it's the only reason I think the judges could be arsed even trying to get them back together!

They were fairly rubbish anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Minogue, Sinitta 'on good terms'

Dannii Minogue is on "good terms" with her X Factor co-star Sinitta, according to her spokesperson.

Earlier today, tabloid reports claimed that Minogue was in danger of losing her position on the judging panel after she described the 'So Macho' singer as a "true diva".

"Sinitta. God love her. She actually thinks she's running the show," Minogue told the Daily Star. "Maybe it should be called The Sinitta Factor.

"I heard she'd even packed her gold bikini for the judging at Simon's home at Easter."

Minogue's spokesperson defended her remarks, insisting that they were meant in a humorous and friendly manner.

"The Daily Star have completely misrepresented the quotes that Dannii gave on Sinitta. Her quotes were in jest with the reporter and said as a joke," the Australian's spokesperson Simon Jones told DS.

"Dannii and Sinitta are on very good terms, and she is really looking forward to live X Factor shows next month."

Sinitta has previously described Minogue as having an "arrogant self-belief" and in 2007 claimed that she would have been a better choice as the fourth judge.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a176891/minogue-sinitta-on-good-terms.html

So what even if she did mean it, I seem to remember Sinitta throwing plenty of abuse at Dannii last season. The woman is deluded. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jaysus I am so sick of this pro-Cheryl angle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If Cheryl calls someone a 'natural born performer' one more time...:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement