Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The 'rapper' from Miss Frank seems like a bit of a wagon.

Edit: Joe is so forgettable.
    Are you watching the same Joe on X Factor??!
    Believe me Joe will go far.. And their are few teenage girls that are gonna forget him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Joe is like Danyl both are one trick ponies - big ballad performers only

BTW what is with Danyl's mouth when he sings his mouth is a cave and he looks like he would swallow the mic

Cheryl should not have made the comment about twins still being in (as it will only encourage more to vote for them) and it showed her as petty and spitful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

JP Liz wrote: »

So Cheryl sang live but wasnt that great and neither was her outfit but she was better than Whitney.

Thats a joke right? Yeah, she didnt seem to be "all there" when speaking to Dermot but she sang live and she sang well. I didn't think the song was any great shakes but she has an incredible voice Cheryl mimed over a pre-recorded performance..thats not singing live I don't care what anyone says. To say she's better than Whitney is laughable.

Ashley and 3 of Girls Aloud in the audience for support no sign of Nadine - was she jealous?

She's based in LA and has been working on her solo album as far as I know. As for being jealous, I really don't think Nadine has anything to worry about when it comes to genuine singing talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The 'rapper' from Miss Frank seems like a bit of a wagon.

Edit: Joe is so forgettable.

that "rapper" is th cutest thing i ever seen wana hug her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

LadyJ wrote: »
    Rikki was absolutely shít and I'm glad he's gone.
    Completely agree. He also looks like a rodent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Mark200 wrote: »
    How so?

I turned the TV off.

Biatch shouldn't have said that. To call out two 18 year old guys and say on national TV that they don't deserve to be there is just ridiculous.

its ridicilous that her job is to judge acts truthfully?...if so then id love to hear your opinion on simon:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Cheryl was good. Fair play.
    Whitney sucked so bad.
    J&E are awesome.
    Over 25s and Joe and Lucy have the best voices.
    Lloyd sucks but will get through on the 15yo and under vote.
    Rikki wasn't great but didn't deserve to go.
    Racheal deserved to go. She has no personality and isn't the best singer.
    The panel at the end are a bunch of spineless crapfaces. All agree with eachother and have the same opinions.
    Miss Frank deserved to go this week going by their performance but they CAN be good.
    Jamie Afro was the best singer last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Think Cherdyl was goin for the M Bison look tonight

ssf2t_m_bison.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

I have a feeling the twins will go far in this competition :O I'd say Lucie will win it, but sure we'll have to wait and see :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

As for Rachel, sorry to everyone who hates her but the girl has the best voice in the competition. She just keeps doing crap songs.

She was a bit timid at the start of With or Without you but when she got into it I had goosebumps. I think she is great. She is penalised for personality. Or lack of.

Is everybody actually certain that Cheryl did not sing live? I think she did ( or she sang live pre-recorded, by which I mean in front of a live audience but not miming, before the Live show started).

Are we just certain that she mimed or lip synched because tablods said she would?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Ashley and 3 of Girls Aloud in the audience for support no sign of Nadine - was she jealous?

What a stupid thing to say.Talk about reading into everything, you are the kinda person that causes ridiculous rumours to start.

Nadine lives in LA for gods sake, her family has moved there.She has other things going on aswell so probably couldnt just up and leave for a 3 minute performance.

although if more people like you say stuff like that maybe it would be worth her while so she doesnt get stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yay John and Edward got through!I'm rooting for them all the way.I'm really looking forward to Louis coming back too,I miss him not being on the show.

Im really glad Rachael got through.I think she's the best singer of the girls and is the one you'd most like to be your mate. Nice but dim Stacey and sweet as pie Lucie would drive me mad. I wish Danni would stop putting Racheal in those ridiculous outfits.

asdasd wrote: »
    I think she did ( or she sang live pre-recorded, by which I mean in front of a live audience but not miming, before the Live show started).

She mimed to a pre-recorded performance that she did earlier in the day. It was said all week that this is what she was doing, she said it herself. Simon even mentioned the stick she was getting over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

asdasd wrote: »
    Is everybody actually certain that Cheryl did not sing live? I think she did ( or she sang live pre-recorded, by which I mean in front of a live audience but not miming, before the Live show started).

Are we just certain that she mimed or lip synched because tablods said she would?

I'm under the impression it was pre-recorded live in front of an audience, and during the actual show, they just showed the prerecorded clip (rather than going up and miming the whole thing again as some people are suggesting).

It was a good performance, vocally she missed a few notes but I'd say its pretty hard to do all that dancing and singing at the same time. Fair play to her though, I enjoyed it.

Whitney was ****e imo, I'd say she only sang about a quarter of the song. She's a bit weird to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Was Whitney Houston sh*tters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Dave! wrote: »
    Think Cherdyl was goin for the M Bison look tonight

ssf2t_m_bison.gif

I said this while watching it tonight and nobody knew who i was talking bout-thank u! :D

Rachel deserved to stay over Rikki if it was bring judged on the final performance-he was crap! And westlife? Louis wasnt there to suck up to, so no point! And if thats your fave song as was said, then you really lose all credibility for me. Bye!

As for Cheryl being petty re: the twins comment, I have to say its what a lot of people are thinking and she is there to speak her mind! In fairness to her i think she probably would have said it if somebody like Stacey got sent home before them too. Her performance was a bit ropey tho, I really wanted to like her solo stuff but i think the song is mega-boring!

Whitney had to be on something, talk bout vacant behind the eyes!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

The twins FTW!!
    It even ryhmes(well kinda) It was meant to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

tvnutz wrote: »
    are these two twats just being voted in for a laugh or do people feel sorry for them?

I'd vote for them because... if people can vote for Llyod Daniels... well then J&E 'deserve,' to be there as much as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

phasers wrote: »
    Cheryl does not understand male vocalists. Cute only gets them so far...

ffs this really is the Simon Cowell show...

Well Owen, can't sing to save my life, Quaig made it to the finals last time so...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Lloyd isnt anything special and is just being kept in the show based on his looks. Theres something wrong with that yet no-one complains.
    Yet, john and edward make the xfactor entertaining yet loads of people complain when they get through??
    I dont get it...... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

Lucie Jones is a sexy little thing. I would only love to.......

Niall09 wrote: »
    I'm under the impression it was pre-recorded live in front of an audience, and during the actual show, they just showed the prerecorded clip (rather than going up and miming the whole thing again as some people are suggesting).

So why the change of clothes and the sweat on her neck and shoulders when she returned to the judges table. She did get up on stage during the live show that we saw, it wasn't the clip that was pre-recorded it was the vocals. You can see that she's lip-synching in parts. Its up on youtube already, have a look.

Anyway its all irrelevant, she's Simons golden girl and thats all that matters. She's a stunning looking woman, as is Dannii, but neither have the musical talent to justify their position on that panel. Although, as John and Edward have proved, the XFactor isn't about talent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Cheryl is a wagon for slagging off the twins, she picked the crap songs for her acts and her little sob sob act last night was a joke! If she's not up to being a judge in the x-factor she should quit! I'll be voting for the twins next week just to keep them in, I think Simon has twigged that the more he hates the twins the more people are going to vote for them, thats why he made some positive comments towards them tonight and last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Totally

The twins in all honesty are crap but I still wanna see them go further for some reason:o
    Cheryl was a twat for saying what she did after her for lack of a better word performance and Whitney was not that good don't see the what all the hype was about.
    Anyway my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I'd say Kandy Rain where at home last night, screaming at the tv when they saw Cheryl come out wearing that outfit.. after telling them they dress too sluty.

Still, i'd <expletive removed> Cheryls guts out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was thrilled the twins got through. I felt so sorry for them standing on the stage by themselves when the names were being called out. Delighted they got through, I don't want them to win but they're highly entertaining, my favourite part of saturday night's show.

I thought Cheryl did a great job, the song is a grower, I hated it at first but I've heard it a few times and it is quite catchy. Her outfit was perfect for the song and she sang live well and performed it well.

Whitney looked a complete mess. She was out of breath through the whole song, she was sweating like mad. A wardrobe malfunction shouldn't bother an old professional like her but whoever gave her a dress that was a foot too long should be fired.

The acts, Lloyd was just painful to watch, I was very surprised he wasn't in the bottom two although Ricki and Rachel weren't much better.

Wasn't a fan of Olly before but he put on a great performance, very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rachel looked like Grace Jones this weekend but she can sing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I think Rikki going really was the best way to go. But I am sick of Rachel aswell though. She can't sing and has no personality on stage.

I don't think she will last much longer to be honest. Anyone else the judges will favour over her.

Also, great to hear Louis last night on Xtra Factor :). He said he would have sent home Rikki I think? But Louis, for the love of all good music, don't get Graziella to rap|!!!!:mad:

It was also funny to see Simon to be a lick arse to Whitney and Clive :pac:

Also can't wait for next week
    John and Edward - She Bangs (Ricky Martin)
    Now THAT will be interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Also can't wait for next week
    John and Edward - She Bangs (Ricky Martin)
    Now THAT will be interesting!!

Oooh where did you hear that? That would be interesting! Not really a 'big band' song though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Anyone else think Cheryl Cole's act was a rip off of Kylie's "I jus can't get you out of my head"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement