Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Cheryl Cole's act was a rip off of Kylie's "I jus can't get you out of my head"?

Other than similar slitted trousers I don't really see anything else, song was completely different too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Cathooo wrote: »
    Other than similar slitted trousers I don't really see anything else, song was completely different too.

Dancing was similar too. Perhaps Cheryl is aiming at Kylie's slot in pop, Kylie's been quiet recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

herya wrote: »
    Dancing was similar too. Perhaps Cheryl is aiming at Kylie's slot in pop, Kylie's been quiet recently.

Really? I didn't think Kylie was that sort of dancer. If I was to compare i'd say it was more like britneys moves but i don't think she's copying anyone's style at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Really? I didn't think Kylie was that sort of dancer. If I was to compare i'd say it was more like britneys moves but i don't think she's copying anyone's style at all.

Cheryl's own dancing is maybe 5 seconds so it's hard to tell, but I meant the "crowd of robotic dancers" effect. And the song is electro pop so again more Kylie's alley, lots of 80s influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

herya wrote: »
    Cheryl is aiming at Kylie's slot in pop

I'd aim at either of their slots.. the dirties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Westlife and Michael Buble are on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Little_miss_syn

i thought it was kinda weird how last week simon wanted kandy rain to stay because he thought they had more potential but this week it was all about the final performance.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Kandy Rain were the best singers last week though, it is a pity that they never stood a chance as people were so fast to judge them, what Cole wore this week was a million times worse...talk about double standards...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oooh where did you hear that? That would be interesting! Not really a 'big band' song though!

They gave a little preview of some of the acts rehearsing their songs for next week.

They also showed Graziella warbling on about something, but n indicatin of what they are singing.

And I could be mistaken but I think they also showed Olly, and it looks like something jazzy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ballerina wrote: »
    What a stupid thing to say.Talk about reading into everything, you are the kinda person that causes ridiculous rumours to start.

Nadine lives in LA for gods sake, her family has moved there.She has other things going on aswell so probably couldnt just up and leave for a 3 minute performance.

although if more people like you say stuff like that maybe it would be worth her while so she doesnt get stick
    ....And breathe. And I thought I was easily annoyed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Kandy Rain were the best singers last week though, it is a pity that they never stood a chance as people were so fast to judge them, what Cole wore this week was a million times worse...talk about double standards...

I don't think the problem was with what Kany Rain were wearing, it was that in the VT they said that they wanted to prove that they weren't just strippers, yet still came out dressed like strippers!!

I thought their singing was awful too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

JP Liz wrote: »
    Westlife and Michael Buble are on next week

Jesus, it wouldn't kill them to try and snare an artist (s) that is actually a force in the current music charts. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chinafoot wrote: »
    She mimed to a pre-recorded performance that she did earlier in the day. It was said all week that this is what she was doing, she said it herself. Simon even mentioned the stick she was getting over it.

No, she did it live actually, it was meant the be pre-recorded by she performed it live in the end. And this vendetta you have against her is a bit sad, slating her at every opportunity. Must be jealousy:rolleyes:

Johner wrote: »
    No, she did it live actually, it was meant the be pre-recorded by she performed it live in the end.
    Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

No, she did it live actually, it was meant the be pre-recorded by she performed it live in the end. And this vendetta you have against her is a bit sad, slating her at every opportunity. Must be jealousy:rolleyes:

In fairness, the common concensus online is that the vocals were done earlier in the night in the arena in order to give that "live" illusion. However I still thought the performance was great, much better than I anticipated. At the end of the day too the vocals sounded good, I thought she would sink without the help of a recording studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

kleefarr wrote: »
    This IS a singing competition, so they shouldn't be there. May be they should try Britains got Talent?

It isn't a singing competition. It is a search for the 'X Factor'. If it was a singing competition Simon Fuller would own a majority not a minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lol...Thats hilarious! Yes, I must be jealous for daring to have the opinion that someone with no discernable singing ability shouldn't be a judge of a singing competition. This opinion also extends to Dannii Minogue, the only difference being she's not up on stage miming and claiming its live. And that is what happened, it was recorded earlier in the day and she sang over it and mimed the majority because of the dancing involved.

Vendetta...rofl.

Aaanyway..

One thing I've noticed today on facebook is the massive shift towards supporting John and Edward. It's hilarious. They're atrocious but they really highlight what the show is all about...and talent it sure isn't :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Also can't wait for next week
    John and Edward - She Bangs (Ricky Martin)
    Now THAT will be interesting!!
    I predict performance of the night!!!
    :D Really cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

deise_girl wrote: »
    I predict performance of the night!!!
    :D Really cant wait.

Matching black leather...no doubt :P

Perhaps it is the fact that
    she cannot sing but is judging a singing competition
    she is utterly poisonous and vile as can be seen from the fake emotion and slimy attacks on contestants her false crying made me want to vomit is there nothing that this woman won't do?

she is a thug who has been convicted of assault
    she has been accused of racism
    she is clearly an anorexic and people as thin as her should not be on television

she was not singing live if you could not hear that 'johner' i wonder what pleasure you can possibly get from a singing show

i don't think it is terribly surprising that a cheryl fan would be a creative speller even when it comes to his own username by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lindy Lou

'Cheryl performed her new single, Fight for This Love, on the live show.
    She had previously come under fire for planning to pre-record her performance but backtracked and eventually sang over some pre-recorded vocals.'

Still a cop out considering her job on Xfactor is to judge contestants who must sing totally live and battle with nerves every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

MrMicra wrote: »
    she is clearly an anorexic and people as thin as her should not be on television

LMAO - are you serious? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Perhaps it is the fact that
    she cannot sing but is judging a singing competition
    she is utterly poisonous and vile as can be seen from the fake emotion and slimy attacks on contestants her false crying made me want to vomit is there nothing that this woman won't do?

she is a thug who has been convicted of assault
    she has been accused of racism

she was not singing live if you could not hear that 'johner' i wonder what pleasure you can possibly get from a singing show

i don't think it is terribly surprising that a cheryl fan would be a creative speller even when it comes to his own username by the way!

cheryl is a ride and any human with a willy would kill to ride her....you sir do not deserve a willy..........

Unfortunately bizarrely and disgracefully I know a good deal about girls aloud.
    The best looking is Kimberley, Cheryl looks like a stop sign.

LMAO - are you serious? :eek:
    except for athletes yes
    she's a bad role model, she should be forced to gain a stone before she is allowed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Can't say I'm a fan of Cheryl either. I just don't like her attitude. She seems so fake and put on some times. Those 'tears' over Simon critisicing the song choice for the little blondie lad, were totally fake. Like whatever. :pac:

And personally, I couldn't care less what she weighs :rolleyes:

And I feckin' can't stand John n Edward, if I got near them I think I would actually puke on them. Bleuuuuugggghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Namlub wrote: »
    ....And breathe. And I thought I was easily annoyed...

haha i know it seemed a bit harsh but im really not easily annoyed, iv been on boards a lot and never ranted at anything, that comment just really annoyed me at the time

Unfortunately bizarrely and disgracefully I know a good deal about girls aloud.
    The best looking is Kimberley, Cheryl looks like a stop sign.
    :D Genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

Is it just me or is that Rachel girl extremely good looking?:D
    Reminds me or Halle Berry!

• Advertisement

I think that Rachel is extremely good looking.
    Pretty face and lovely body.
    I think that her problem is that she has a conventional 'black' style. Unfortunately some of the best singers ever have that style so when you hear her you subconsciously compare her with them. She sang with or without you alot better than that Irish twit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement