Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dannii is styling Rachel all wrong, seriously, she's dressed like an 80's throwback. I don't think Rachel will be in the bottom 2 this weekend but all the same Dannii needs to totally overhaul her thinking in regards to Rachel.

I have a sneaky feeling that Miss Frank will be saying goodbye this weekend. Them or Jamie, I can't see either of them handling big band week well. That being said, I'm fully expecting Simon to give Danyl and Jamie songs that suit them. In other words he'll re-arrange songs that suit them in order to give the illusion that they are singing big band numbers. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Them or Jamie, I can't see either of them handling big band week well.

Are you serious? Jamie's song was the best last week and the only bad songs he has had were at Simon's house (and pretty much everyone was worse at the house stage).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Are you serious? Jamie's song was the best last week and the only bad songs he has had were at Simon's house (and pretty much everyone was worse at the house stage).

I thought his first live performance was dire, he was being drowned out by the backing track for the most part. As for last Saturday, personally it wasn't my cup of tea. How I look at these things is that I try to listen to the performance and imagine how it would sound in a recording studio. I'm not convinced at all that he would sound good in a recording studio, he's a pub rocker surviving with the help of his image. Personally I thought Lucie Jones' version of Hurt at boot camp trounced what he did on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If there is any justice in the world Lloyd should go this week, he's completely average and a total drip. I think Rachel has to go though, people just aren't taking to her and it's all Dannii's fault!

I think Miss Frank are actually quite good, not excellent by any means but they deserve another couple of weeks at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Boyzone could make a special appearance on 'The X Factor' to perform a tribute to Stephen Gately, it has been reported.

Reports in the British tabloid media claim the show's bosses plan to approach the band with the idea.

One of the 'X Factor' judges in Louis Walsh, who created Boyzone in the 1990s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hc123

Cheryl was so lame at the weekend! Sack the stylist!!!! How did she critize those poor strippers last week when her outfit was 10 times worse.
    Whitney looked as drugged up as Robbie did last week. What are they giving their guests before the show.
    Is Simon IN LOVE with Cheryl. Can't take his eyes off her!!!
    John and Edward so bad you gotta love them!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

phasers wrote: »
    If there is any justice in the world Lloyd should go this week, he's completely average and a total drip. I think Rachel has to go though, people just aren't taking to her and it's all Dannii's fault!

I think Miss Frank are actually quite good, not excellent by any means but they deserve another couple of weeks at least.

Completely agree about Lloyd. In fact, I couldn't stand any of Cheryl's final three. Ricky was also pretty average and Joe is just so cheesy, I don't see the fuss about him, if he wins he will disappear into obscurity within a year.

I hope to God Danyl is in the bottom two this week, he needs dragging down a peg or two. Unfortunately a lot of the voting public are sheep and believe the hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

hc123 wrote: »
    Cheryl was so lame at the weekend! Sack the stylist!!!! How did she critize those poor strippers last week when her outfit was 10 times worse.
    I think Cheryls argument was that you needed to be more established as a recording artist to get away with wearing provocative clothes. She thought that Kandy Rain were trying to leave their poll dancing backgrounds behind and be taken seriously as singers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The outfits Kandy Rain had on weren't provocative at all, they were simply hideous and with feck all style. They looked like bad Halloween costumes, bin liners at best!

The only hint of provocativeness was Coco's outfit; and that was, again, more hideous
    than provocative.

The show is so staged and fake, but I do watch it at times.

BTW, it is quite clear to me that the best and most natural performer is Danyl.

Even though he irritates me at times by overdoing the motioning and
    strutting, he is a very confident and polished act, with a good voice.

I cannot stand Satcey, and she is so playing up the ditsy and dopey lass.

It's a big put on to win the morons over.

Joe is very ordinary and so annoyingly cheesy. Llyod is very average.

Miss Frank are quite good and do gel together.

As for Cole and Whitney, neither were singing live. They may have been adding
    their vocals, but it was clear that they were also miming to most of the tracks

Folks get distracted by the hype, lights, show, dancers and event, and this is what
    blinds them to the actual lack of singing talent from Cole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

I agree with all the posts here!
    I really like Joe, but it's true, if he won he would be another Leon or Steve in 12 months (Who). Cheryl's face said it all when she found out she was mentoring the boys! Far too cheesy.
    I also agree that Stacey is definitely over playing the whole ditzy act. In the earlier episodes/first audition stages she seemed more scattered rather than stupid. She has taken it too far.
    Cheryl's comments about needing to gain credibility before dressing provocatively made no sense.
    I really don't think Jamie is at all suitable for the X Factor. As if a genuine rocker would aspire to be associated with a show like this?
    I think Rachel is very talented and it was unfair she has been in the bottom 2 both weeks. I too think it's the whole image. We're not exactly sure if she is supposed to be a diva, r n b etc. I know it sounds horrible but i'm guessing alot of girls out there don't like her hairstyle?
    I predict Ollie to go very far and i hope Miss Frank will. I think Miss Frank have the potential but when they get it wrong they blow it.
    AND PLEASE CHERYL COLE ENOUGH WITH THE CROCODILE TEARS. Did anyone notice after the terrible songchoices and performances of Llyod and Rikki how she swiftly turned it around with her shaky voice 'I feel responsible'. Aaaam maybe thats because you are responsible Cheryl. Duh. |Grrr...
    And is it just me or do the twins look absolutely terrified lately? It's as if they entered the competition as a laugh and are now wondering what the hell they are doing here? (As are we)!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Hmm so the song Danyl sang at the weekend, the songwriter was so impressed with his verison of it , that she's given him another song that he can use in his future career after the show... so looks like he we be around for a bit afterwards if he doesnt win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Quint wrote: »
    Cheryl is a horrible looking boobless stick insect. How do so many men fancy her?

Very late reply to this i know but Cheryl is most certainly not boobless for such a skinny lass she has a fine pair! And that tattoo on her thigh sooooo sexy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Very late reply to this i know but Cheryl is most certainly not boobless for such a skinny lass she has a fine pair! And that tattoo on her thigh sooooo sexy!!!

Ugh she makes me want to be sick. I hope that the tattoo parlour burnt the instruments after they tattooed her!

I wonder could all this crying be a symptom of syphilitic insanity?

Id say they framed the instruments!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Emmmooo wrote: »

Cheryl Cole has lovely tits. You'll notice a high percentage of people hating Cheryl Cole are female and more than likely jealous of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Facially, Cole is stunning, but apart from this, all else is okay.

However, when the girl opens her mouth, it's time to vomit!

And, no matter how much money she has, or what she wears, behind it all
    she will always be a chav! It's just in her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

There is no way she looks that size, her chest looks tiny. I should state that I have no desire to be like her, I am about her height and weight before I got pregnant, it was way too skinny...she also wears far too much makeup.

Edit, I was a bit skinnier...it is not her looks that matter, it is that she does not have a personalilty and tries to manipulate the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Cheryl is beautiful and styled very well but she's far out of her depth now and it's very visible. She's no singer and she knows it - there was no conviction in her performance, she went through the motions reasonably well but she did not enjoy being on stage. Even Alex Burke is much better performer than her (not to mention singer) and Cheryl has years of stage experience. Maybe she has enough decency to know that she's been pushed as "music personality" much further than she has substance for: her mentoring and judging is just useless. She should stick to Girls Aloud and photoshoots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

28F? Shows how much you know about boobs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Pwezem

Oh Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hey, if Bravissimo say so...

http://newslite.tv/2008/11/10/cheryl-cole-has-the-best-celeb.html

A spokesperson for bra company Bravissimo who commissioned the survey say Cheryl's 28F boobs (wow...) are envied by many women - and a few men wouldn't mind getting their hands on them either.

"Cheryl’s boobs are indeed fab. We estimate she’s around a 28F bra size - but it’s a shame so many young women aren’t happy with their own breasts," said Jo Lee, Marketing Director.

Yep, tiny!

Cheryl_Tweedy_Cole.jpg

/runs away before he gets banned for talking about boobehs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

fake tits on an anorexic, if you fancy her then you are a gay and in denial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Well Jordan is FF and they don't exactly compare. A bra company 'estimating' big boobs and then having the irony to say young women should be happy with what they have :rolleyes:

How about 30D which seems a lot more reasonable.

Don't get me wrong - she's gorgeous - but only in a STFU kind of way :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clarc

I have never been a huge fan of the Xfactor and the manufactured music it produces, and in a way would not care less if it went in fact know I wish it would go simply based on the fact the way this two kids have been treated. I am referring to the facebook group We hate John and Edward where there are over 140,000 members, please it is worth taking a look at for the disgusting vile comments being made. The comments make reference to them being gay, incest, wishing they catch aids, would love to butcher their family and make them watch, among other violent threats. There is no doubt that these kids are being bullied and disturbing that people feel they are entitled to say would they like about them as they have free speech. No matter how thick skin they appear the content of this site will cause them a great deal of pain. I always believed that producers picked the contestants and the twins were picked for marketing, they were made to appear in such a way so as to generate a talking point.
    I would be concerned for these boys nobody deserves what has happened to them afterall it is only a stupid tv show. I really cannot describe how bad the hate site is. Does anyone think that this could go legal because if I was there parents I think I would be getting legal advise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hey, if Bravissimo say so...

http://newslite.tv/2008/11/10/cheryl-cole-has-the-best-celeb.html

A spokesperson for bra company Bravissimo who commissioned the survey say Cheryl's 28F boobs (wow...) are envied by many women - and a few men wouldn't mind getting their hands on them either.

"Cheryl’s boobs are indeed fab. We estimate she’s around a 28F bra size - but it’s a shame so many young women aren’t happy with their own breasts," said Jo Lee, Marketing Director.

Yep, tiny!

Cheryl_Tweedy_Cole.jpg

/runs away before he gets banned for talking about boobehs :pac:
    If she is an F cup then I must be an I cup, sorry boys but you are being deluded. An F cup is ample, they are average...yet more publicity for an overrated "star".

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

MrMicra wrote: »
    fake tits on an anorexic, if you fancy her then you are a gay and in denial.

What a ridiculous comment :rolleyes:

MrMicra wrote: »
    She has a body like a ten year old boy. As I am not a gay or a paedophile I don't fancy her. I wouldn't let anyone who thinks that she is good looking coach under 12s rugby anyway!!

Who's that ?????????? Can't think of anyone that drives a micra!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ already... is this 'The Cheryl Factor'?!

The last page has been nothing but discussing the physical appearance of a judge on the show.

Ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rock legends Bon Jovi and last year's runners up JLS are to perform on The X Factor.

The two groups will sing their new material on the ITV1 show on Sunday November 1.

Jamie Afro will be tops rock week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

so are half of u people sayin if u gt de chance to gt wit cheryl cole u wudnt!!! if u guys are men der is sumtin wrong!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement