Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's getting worse and worse to be honest..

Yer wan balling with Cheryl Cole coming up on stage... for fecks sake! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

phasers wrote: »
    Jaysus I am so sick of this pro-Cheryl angle.

Me too. Annoyed me when she tottered up on stage to give that annoying blonde gob****e Demi a hug. Just cheesy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Mink wrote: »
    Me too. Annoyed me when she tottered up on stage to give that annoying blonde gob****e Demi a hug. Just cheesy

She is only a young girl, give her a break. She wasn't good enough, but she had the dignity to accept that and didn't beg the judges to say yes unlike some non-self respecting grown adults who have auditioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

A girl i know from uni was supposed to be on it last week then this week i didnt see it can anyone who was watching tell me was there a girl from belfast named katrina on? She has dyed red hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

basquille wrote: »
    It's getting worse and worse to be honest..

Yer wan balling with Cheryl Cole coming up on stage... for fecks sake! :rolleyes:

She still said no. Let's be fair - Cheryl is ****ing useless but at least she has compassion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I didnt think it was a good show last night.
    Havent really enjoyed any particular show so far. Just a few individual performances..

Macros42 wrote: »
    She still said no. Let's be fair - Cheryl is ****ing useless but at least she has compassion.
    Ah now... let's not be too naive!

There's a difference betweeen Cheryl Cole the person, and Cheryl Cole in front of the camera.

Let's ask that bathroom attendant she assaulted how much compassion she had.

This saccharine BS each week (family members dying, couple breaking up then getting back together.. BY THE FECKING JUDGES) is worse than ever.

It wasn't compassion you saw.. it's called "The Sugary Bit Of The Week!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

The show is on the way down the water slide of failure. I thought the format up until this year was almost perfect. Having Osbourne instead of Minnouge would have achieved perfection.

The live auditions are farcical, the noise, acoustics and the flipping backing tracks take so so much substance away from the auditions in the smaller rooms.

The Judges are also behaving totally different, due to the audience, family members etc. Danni and Louis are complete cowards, they'd say yes to a singing mustache. Simon has totally tamed too, however, this could be all in Simons 'masterplan' to lose the Mr Nasty rep?

Theres also too many 'George the Chicken Guys' and 'Brendan Kilkennys', we get theres crackpots out there but I think the audience has become de-sensitized to the crazies (I know I have).

I'm in love with Cheryl, cant help it.... :(

Being a cynic in nature it also feels like the 'amazing' singers are plants, the big sob stories, queue 'Flying without wings', queue the tale of council estates, single mothers, stabbins, 20 people to a room, kids on crack, beta life for family agargaggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh STOP, just shut the fuk up, sing and get lost.

I've watched about half an episode this year so far, My interest may pick up in the boot camp stage if they stick to the original format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well there not showing them all from the same place same weekend this year, so you can see they put the better singers to the end of the day, yesterday was good lots of good singers, so ollie had never done the before !!!??? the black girl was hot and good, the guy who came back needs to do something more upbeat and contemporary simon should have said that he usually does.

see the xtra factor and they let that albanian women through, she was total club singer putting on the wierd low voice, which is why cowell said no, she'd doen it before but she weren't that good.

they seemed to leave the midget 17 yr standing there on stage not saying anything, it was cehryl turn to say it so she in fact left her there to cry on stage, cowell wouldn't tell exacctly that she could sing put she wasn't good enough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't like X Factor at all this year. The audience has ruined it for me. The embarrassing silence as the judges tried not to laugh at someone really bad used to be hilarious. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Johnny Weasel

The show is on the way down the water slide of failure. I thought the format up until this year was almost perfect. Having Osbourne instead of Minnouge would have achieved perfection.

The live auditions are farcical, the noise, acoustics and the flipping backing tracks take so so much substance away from the auditions in the smaller rooms.

The Judges are also behaving totally different, due to the audience, family members etc. Danni and Louis are complete cowards, they'd say yes to a singing mustache. Simon has totally tamed too, however, this could be all in Simons 'masterplan' to lose the Mr Nasty rep?

Theres also too many 'George the Chicken Guys' and 'Brendan Kilkennys', we get theres crackpots out there but I think the audience has become de-sensitized to the crazies (I know I have).

I'm in love with Cheryl, cant help it.... :(

Being a cynic in nature it also feels like the 'amazing' singers are plants, the big sob stories, queue 'Flying without wings', queue the tale of council estates, single mothers, stabbins, 20 people to a room, kids on crack, beta life for family agargaggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh STOP, just shut the fuk up, sing and get lost.

I've watched about half an episode this year so far, My interest may pick up in the boot camp stage if they stick to the original format.
    You've really captured the zeitgeist of the show with that post man. Well done you. I also love Cheryl btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

They need to drop all the stories tbh. Peter Kay sended it all up perfectly last year.

Just let people go on and sing. We don't need to hear a sob story about their wife dieing etc. I don't mean to seem uncompassionate but it's a singing contest. Sob stories shouldn't come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Spoiler:
    John and Edward are in the final 12!
    :D That will provide some entertainment anyway, the rest of the lineup is pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

:D I'm in love with the guy from Chicago(Ethan i think?).
    Swoooooooon !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The American guy might have been (insanely) hot but an I the only one who really did not think he was that good? And 'Oh, I can tell you're really into music'? Yeah, because he sang a song by that little-known band Kings of Leon...

I got a bit carried away :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

My God that American guy is GORGEOUS!!! Best looking contestant they've ever had in my opinion. Not an amazing voice but good enough. Anyway who cares, he is the hotness :cool:

Only 19 though. This makes me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Namlub wrote: »
    The American guy might have been (insanely) hot but an I the only one who really did not think he was that good? And 'Oh, I can tell you're really into music'? Yeah, because he sang a song by that little-known band Kings of Leon...
    I definitely agree, he murdered the song imo, his voice is very average and didn't suit the song at all

And yeah what was Simon on about? everyone knows Kings of Leon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Did i see Mr. Cheryl Cole aka Ashley at the auditions or were my eyes deceiving me?

JP Liz wrote: »
    Did i see Mr. Cheryl Cole aka Ashley at the auditions or were my eyes deceiving me?

Yeh, he was supposed to have turned up at the auditions alright. And got booed :D

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    And yeah what was Simon on about? everyone knows Kings of Leon
    Suppose when everyone else is singing Westlife KOL are obscurity personified...
    I don't know if the fact I hate the new audition process has clouded my judgement, but this seems a really bad year talent-wise. I can't think of any act I'm excited to see again, I can see Danyl getting very annoying very quickly and I'm not sure what they're going to do with the afro guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Whats the f**king deal with the 'cut to sound engineer turning up the volume', I was ready to throw my shoe at the TV and I only watched it for 20mins!!

The show is a bloody disaster, I'd say the ratings are way down. Theres something extremely personal about an audition taking place in a small room and the singer doing the audition accapella, it's a no brainer that this format is serious pantaloons. Theres no need for the judges to speak after the auditions also, the camera capturing their wincing or wide eyed jaw dropping kind of gives it away...

The one thing that has impressed me is how they've managed to get it so wrong in one season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Oooh didn't realise it's on again tonight! Goody!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

ooh, i'm so happy that Daniel from One True Voice is back! He is still so hot and he auditioned with one of my all time fave songs - kiss from a rose!

I want him to win already!!!!!

I can't wait till next week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Boot Camp next week :D

Holy Christ.. i'm sick to death of Cheryl Cole on this show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Spoiler:
    John and Edward are in the final 12!
    :D That will provide some entertainment anyway, the rest of the lineup is pretty boring.

Don't believe this for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

ooh, i'm so happy that Daniel from One True Voice is back! He is still so hot and he auditioned with one of my all time fave songs - kiss from a rose!

I want him to win already!!!!!

Shouldn't this show be about undiscovered talent, not washed-up has beens who have an unfair advantage because they've already been through the process and got all the training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Did anyone else get a bit teary-eyed when your man who was afraid to leave his house sang tonight? I'm not even ashamed to say it, because I thought he was gonna be really bad and it would be like a car crash, but he sang really well and I'd love to see him in the live episodes. I think people would really support him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement