Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz wrote: »
    Jamie Afro will be tops rock week :D

Derren Brown's going to be one of the guests too!:D

*I think*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Derren Brown's going to be one of the guests too!:D

*I think*

The magician?? Is he going to hypnotise the audience into thinking he's a singing legend? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Cathooo wrote: »
    The magician?? Is he going to hypnotise the audience into thinking he's a singing legend? :D

Is he going to hypnotise the public to vote out Simon Cowell? Now that I would watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

herya wrote: »
    Is he going to hypnotise the public to vote out Simon Cowell? Now that I would watch :D

Awwwww poor Simon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

its pathetic how everywoman is jealous of cheryl:pac:she is the perfect woman dont hate her cos your partner wants to be in her:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

marko91 wrote: »
    its pathetic how everywoman is jealous of cheryl:pac:she is the perfect woman dont hate her cos your partner wants to be in her:pac:
    I'm not jealous of her, I think that she is pathetic and my husband thinks the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Macros42 wrote: »
    Well Jordan is FF and they don't exactly compare. A bra company 'estimating' big boobs and then having the irony to say young women should be happy with what they have :rolleyes:

How about 30D which seems a lot more reasonable.

Don't get me wrong - she's gorgeous - but only in a STFU kind of way :pac:
    Not any more she's not...

It's pathetic how you feel you have to jump to her defence just because you like the look of her in a bikini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lol, I just love how you're automatically deemed jealous if you criticise someone that a lot of men consider beautiful. Megan Fox is a prime example..she's a crap actress and, as evidenced in most interviews, a bit on the dim side (slagging off the director that has essentially made you famous...for shame) but when you voice that opinion you're jealous.

Nobody is questioning Cheryl Cole's beauty. She's a stunning looking woman. She is not, however, a good singer and holding the opinion that someone who is not a good singer and has no management/marketing experience in the music industry should not be deciding the fate of singers who are miles and miles ahead of her in the talent stakes doesn't make the opinion holder jealous.

Also...some people have waaaay too much time on their hands;
    A number of X Factor fans have complained to Ofcom over Cheryl Cole and Whitney Houston's performances on the show, according to a report.

Viewers aired their grievances to the media regulator after the latest episode aired on Sunday night, the Daily Star claims.

It is thought that many of the complaints centre around allegations that Cole and Houston mimed parts of their respective singles 'Fight For This Love' and 'Million Dollar Bill' when their performances had been billed as live.

Meanwhile, fans are also said to have contacted Ofcom to complain over Houston's alleged odd behaviour after she finished her song. The superstar was seen staring at the ground and struggling to answer questions as she was interviewed by show host Dermot O'Leary.

A representative for the media regulator reportedly told the newspaper that it is so far dealing with 32 complaints.

Nearly 4,000 fans complained over a controversial sexuality remark that Dannii Minogue made on the programme earlier this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I'm not jealous of her, I think that she is pathetic and my husband thinks the same.

she has money to burn...shes married to a premier league footballer she is a succesful music artist...if that is pathetic then good god!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I don't think people understand what Ofcom is for. Ofcom must hate the tabloids for increasing their workload with idiots complaining about shows they dont like.

she has money to burn...shes married to a premier league footballer she is a succesful music artist...if that is pathetic then good god!!!
    Money isnt everything, her husband is not interesting in the slightest (who cares what he does)...also it depends on what you call sucessful, she cant sing for a starter, she is totally manufactured...

I'll happily choose my husband over any of the so called "perks" she has...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

+1 to Chinafoot's comment. Just because women dislike female celebrities, it doesn't make them jealous of them. If people were speaking about their dislike of someone like Kerry Katona, for instance, would you say they were jealous?? Probably not! That's just like females saying that men don't like Ronaldo or Beckham because they're hot and successful....oh wait :cool:

:D But in seriousness, most women aren't that pathetic. I used to like Cheryl, have kind of gone off her this year though (It's all about the Danniiiii for me!) Nothing to do with being "jealous" or anything, I just have gotten sick of the faux-tears etc.

:D But in seriousness, most women aren't that pathetic. I used to like Cheryl, have kind of gone off her this year though (It's all about the Danniiiii for me!) Nothing to do with being "jealous" or anything, I just have gotten sick of the faux-tears etc.

Many celebrities have this moment when they surpass themselves and the emptiness inside comes out. Cheryl was fine last year but can't fill her shoes anymore. Simon is moving the goalposts on her also and she starts to act weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 prentice

I would give her what she requested . But truth be told she would a lot more sexy if she would eat a bite. not a lot mind, but Jesus dinner twice or three times week would help.

As for the arguments about her not being able to sing and judging on X factor..
    what the hell has that got to do with anything? can you sing? If not why the hell are you allowed an opinion here?

also , have you ever heard Simon Cowell singing? Why arent you complaining about him then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

she is a succesful music artist

Please! She's a rich member of a manufactured band. Please don't call her an artist. When she starts writing songs and learns to sing then maybe.

prentice wrote: »
    I would give her what she requested . But truth be told she would a lot more sexy if she would eat a bite. not a lot mind, but Jesus dinner twice or three times week would help.

what the hell has that got to do with anything? can you sing? If not why the hell are you allowed an opinion here?

also , have you ever heard Simon Cowell singing? Why arent you complaining about him then?
    At least Simon is intelligent and you could have a decent conversation with him, I am not sure that Cheryl could talk about anthing but herself music and fashion.

Simon and Louis have proven themselves as managers and producers. They are professionals. A judge should either produce or coach singers or be a very good singer him/herself, otherwise it's just embarrassing. OK maybe a very good constructive music critic would do too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

MrMicra wrote: »
    She has a body like a ten year old boy. As I am not a gay or a paedophile I don't fancy her. I wouldn't let anyone who thinks that she is good looking coach under 12s rugby anyway!!

Yes because 12 year old boys have lovely tits. She has a beautiful body that the majority of people agree on.

Hardly her fault if your standard of bird is a beached whale with treasure coves of lard coming from every angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Money isnt everything, her husband is not interesting in the slightest (who cares what he does)...also it depends on what you call sucessful, she cant sing for a starter, she is totally manufactured...

I'll happily choose my husband over any of the so called "perks" she has...

When did you meet Ashley Cole???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

When did you meet Ashley Cole???

Read his biography and I'm sure you'll get the picture on Cashley Cole.

I wouldn't say it's totally irrelevant, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I dont like cheryl, and its not because of her looks... Its because of the way she just is, or makes herself out to be, as a person. She's seems so lovely to everybody but when things dont go her way she just swipes out like take john and edward for example and last week.
    And crying when everything she plans goes wrong like song choices last week, can she not grow up a little? Shes a grown woman like!

I used to find her grand like but then she started with the crocodile tears and i got abit annoyed but when she said what she said about jedward, that took the last straw!!!!

Jedward ftw!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The opinion of posters here did not decide on the fate of the thousands of people that auditioned to be on that show. Nor do we ultimately decide each week who stays and goes.

Simon Cowell isn't the one who is there as a singer. She is. Simon knows what sells, simple as. Louis Walsh has successfully managed plenty of acts. Thats why they are there.
    marko91 wrote:
    shes married to a premier league footballer

Ah yes, Ashley. What a stellar husband he proved himself to be. Doing the dirty with not one but two girls. Yeah you're right, thats a great life Mrs. Cole has.

Anyway...

I see Austin from last year has reappeared recently. He's not too keen on Jedward :)
    Former X Factor star Austin Drage has claimed that John & Edward are "insulting" to hard-working singers.

Drage, who was knocked out in the fourth week of the ITV1 series last year, claimed that the current series is in danger of becoming like "Big Brother, with monkeys in cages".

"There's a lot of speculation about John and Edward, and yes they are funny to watch, but it's quite insulting to the people who do sing for a living," he told DS.

"They have filled a place, which one of those people could have taken, which for people who work really hard trying to make something of themselves is really hard to take. There are singers out there bustin' their arse every day of their lives."

He added: "Whatever job you do, if someone came along and took it off you who isn't as qualified and they start mucking around, laughing at the system, then you'll feel like, 'Why is this happening to me? I've trained. I've worked. I've grafted. Yet still someone has pipped me to the post because they are funny to look at'.

"It's not in a funny way, where people are laughing with them though, it's all very Big Brother, with monkeys in cages. Nobody wants to buy their album. It's just like watching bullying at school - it's just cruel.

"It's a little bit sad and I think there are better things we could be watching than those two jumping around on a Saturday night."

The Essex-based singer is currently working on a debut album with writers who have worked with Lily Allen and Tinchy Stryder.

"All I can tell you is that the stuff I'm working on at the moment has a classic feel. It has that classic sound," he said. "I love the classics, but there's nothing like a fresh hit, so I'm trying to blend the two together. We feel as writers, we're achieving that."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Austin Drage was a complete sap.
    Still is it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Ah will ya get away outta that austin!
    Him and cheryl are probably related. Insulting jedward and if i do remember correctly, he used to cry all the time too... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why did Digital Spy interview him? They may as well have interviewed Dave the minicab driver or some other no mark

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Yay! Louis' back tonight!!
    It really wasn't the same without him.
    Hopefully that will take some spotlight off Cheryl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Tonights songlist:
    Rachel - Proud Mary (Beyonce's version) ... never heard of that one. I reckon she'll be gone for definite tonight anyways, it's a pity because she's far from the worst singer in the competition.

Stacey - When you wish upon a star(Disney)... meah, odd choice. And it's not exactly a big band song, is it?!

Lucie - My funny Valentine (Ella Fitzgerald)

Joe - Sway (Michael Buble) ... have to say, I hate that song! He'll be good at it though I think.

Lloyd - Fly me to the moon (Frank Sinatra) ... he hasn't the voice for it, poor fella!

Danyl - Feeling good (Muse version) ... I don't particularly like Danyl but I think this song will totally suit him.

Jamie - Angel of Harlem (U2) ... I'm still undecided about Jamie, but I'm looking forward to hearing him doing this one.

Olly - Bewitched (Steve Lawrence) ... Boring song, and I'm still not warming to Olly at all.

John and Edward - She Bangs (Ricky Martin) ... should be a good laugh anyways!

Miss Frank - That's Life (Frank Sinatra) ... didn't they sing this already in the auditions? I reckon they'll rock at it anyways!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement