Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

hes overrated in my opinion.i hate the bending over with the mic on the long notes!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

He's just shouting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jesus Jamie what are you doing trying to have a bit of chemistry with the orchestrator. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i've a friend who looks like a fatter version of jamie afro with a shorter haircut, so i can't help but like him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I dont like jamie but this version of a song is catchy!

Edit: its a u2 song?? (i didnt know it :P). Cheating, much!

• Advertisement

sweatpatch alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Rachael is scary. She was softened up this week but in general she looks like she belongs in a girl gang. I just know she's knifed someone...

Afro's manky pube chest is covered up this week. As is his cringey sincerity. Hmm.. Anyone else think the judges are reading boards?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

True Louis.

I think Louis is right in fairness, U2 are far from Big Band

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Crikey, shes only 18? I thought she was older!
    Yeh me too. But, this week shes soo much better. Its so hard for them, they have to listen to their "mentors" so they dont know who to be. I love Danyl but i hope he comes across as a bit more modest this week.

God..Simon is still "too cool for school" but hes fab !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭Shelga

Don't like his voice, hair , or attitude. Jamie will never be a hugely successful global artist. Too pub singer-esque, I'm surprised Simon put him in his group in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Never thought I'd agree with Louis but he's right. That wasnt a big band song.

And it was ****e. He's not a good singer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

According to the Sun Simon and AFro had a big bust

Thought he sang that well though

uphttp://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-simon-cowell-has-huge-row-with-jamie-afro-archer/

X Factor: Simon Cowell has HUGE Row with Jamie ‘Afro’ Archer
    October 24th, 2009 by Lisa McGarry. Tags: Jamie Afro, Jamie Archer, Simon Cowell, X Factor, X Factor 2009

X Factor judge Simon Cowell has reportedly had a huge 25 minute row with singer Jamie Archer last night, after he told him to change his song for tonight.

The Sun reports that Simon listened as Jamie rehearsed the Elvis hit ‘If I Can Dream’, and told the big haired songster:

“That was well below par. You are finished if you sing that.”

Insiders told how he continued: “You need to change your song and start learning the lyrics fast or you are not just going to let yourself down – but you’ll let me down too.”

He advised him to change to the U2 hit Angel Of Harlem (how that could be considered as a Big Band song escapes me)… but Jamie, replied: “I don’t know the words!”

The pair then took the row to Simon’s dressing room.

One source added: “They eventually calmed down but it got very heated – Jamie is absolutely shell-shocked by it all. We honestly thought he was just going to pack up his things and leave the show.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Rachael is scary. She was softened up this week but in general she looks like she belongs in a girl gang. I just know she's knifed someone...

Afro's manky pube chest is covered up this week. As is his cringey sincerity. Hmm.. Anyone else think the judges are reading boards?!!

That's exactly how I feel about her! That made me LOL btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I don't enjoy watching him, I'm not quite sure why. His hair gets on my nerves. It keeps distracting me from listening to him properly. It looks like it doesn't belong there?
    Unfair of Simon to pick a song that suits him instead of a song from the category, it's not fair.

Erm Simon gave out about the backflip but Louis isn't allowed to comment on his song?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Simon mind what you say about acts yet to come!!

the claws are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭jenny4385

if anyone else had of done what simon did he would have kicked up a fuss.... few poor acts in it this year,... i mean john and edward?????? seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Cheesey, screechy, karaoke, not a big band song.........did I miss anything?

• Advertisement

Awh! Little Zack kissing the telly and clapping for his mamma! Sooo cute! :D Go on Dag Stace!

cmon stacey!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Cheesey, screechy, karaoke, not a big band song.........did I miss anything?
    Bad Hair :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

She looks amazing!

she looks incredible!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Speaking of bad hair whats with the colour of Staceys. is in orange or is it the lighting?? It looked alot better last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

That dress doesnt really do anything for her..
    But shes really good :D.

Get the "emotion of the song" across? Um.. isn't this the Disney intro with the glittery castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

oh she's good! nice dress too, mee-aow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Wow Stacey looks beautiful, singing is a bit off though. Shaky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement