Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

ooh, i'm so happy that Daniel from One True Voice is back! He is still so hot and he auditioned with one of my all time fave songs - kiss from a rose!

I want him to win already!!!!!

I'd never seen him before tonight, and I though he was really, really good! He's gorgeous, great voice, seemed like a lovely guy, etc.

However, what are the rules about being a "professional" singer already? Isn't the show only meant to be for amateurs? I know he's not famous or successful, but where is the line drawn?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I think that you can't have a record deal at the time of auditioning. Its about 8 years since Daniel had a record contract so he should be fine. Remember the guy from BB Mack who auditioned (i think it was last year) and no fuss was made over him previously being in a top 20 band?

If Daniel wins though, i think it might be the first time that a person has won 2 reality talent shows (correct me if i'm wrong). Way too early for me to be thinking that though, he may bottle it at boot camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I also thought that you can't have a criminal record if you are gonna be on the show? Remember the 16 yr old who was wearing the tag last night on his leg and had to be home every night by 9 pm?

Wasn't there a girl group either last year or the year before and X Factor found out she either had a criminal record or was currently in the process of going to court or something and X Factor had to kick her out of the band??

I thought the guy with autism was so great last night - what an achievement for him after spending the last 8 yrs inside his house. He has a great voice, I hope he makes it to the final 12.

Ugh and Ashley Cole - ugh I mean why oh why is Cheryl still with him. I mean how the hell could he cheat on her? She is just too good for him. Did anybody watch Xtra Factor and saw when Simon Cowell gave Cheryl a big hug for her birthday? There's some serious chemistry going on between those two - it was the same last year on the live shows, especially the final last yr!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hot guy Ethan from Chicago - I'd eat chips out of his knickers but not an amazing voice, I agree with all comments re Simon acknowledging the man's very obvious love of music :rolleyes:

Mohawk guy Daniel - Definitely liked him in that he has a great voice that I would listen to. I may be slightly prejudiced cos I love that song!

Asian girl Gizella - Did anyone catch her? Small sound bite but amazing voice.

Newcastle girl Amy (looks a bit like Megan Fox) - I strongly believe she was let through cos she's such a knock-out (probably same for Chicago hot boy Ethan). No need for Cheryl to go up there & help her through the song, unfair I reckon.

Autistic man - I was so surprised by his voice. I don't know if he'd be able to handle the live shows & I'd be worried he would just get lots of sympathy votes, but the undeniable fact is he can sing extremely well.

Does anyone else find Xtra-factor a little dull compare to last year? I like watching Dermot on that as he's all loosened up compared to X factor as it's not his job to present on Xtra. I have a soft spot for him I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It will be really interesting to see how Afro man and Danyl Johnson do in boot camp. I reckon they are full of hot air, take the cheap frills away and sit them in front of my mic with just their voice and let's see how they do then! I predict Johnson may get to the live finals, but I doubt the other bloke will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The rumoured final 12 are listed here;

***SPOILER WARNING***
    http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2009-final-12-spoilers/

If these rumours are true
    I'm not overly impressed with the boys or groups categories. I think Rikki deserves to be in there alright, but not sure about the other 2 lads. Thought there was better. As for the groups I think John and Edward will be entertaining, but not sure if they actually deserve to be in it. I was hoping the 3 girls who did their own rendition of 'Toxic' in one of the first audition shows would've gone through, so I do hope the groups predictions aren't accurate. I think the over 25's are spot on and the girls are 3 which I remember from the auditions

It would be great if the audience could vote on a wildcard from each category, from the bootcamp stage...

If that is accurate then it looks really underwhelming. I feel sorry for that bloke from One True Voice too, that will be hard to watch seeing his dreams being crushed for the second and most likely final time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If that is accurate then it looks really underwhelming. I feel sorry for that bloke from One True Voice too, that will be hard to watch seeing his dreams being crushed for the second and most likely final time.
    yeah, if the list is right, i got excited too soon :(

looking forward to boot camp anyway - the tension, the tantrums, the tears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

I keep fecking forgetting to watch it!!

I'm making a memo in my phone for saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The rumoured final 12 are listed here;

***SPOILER WARNING***
    http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2009-final-12-spoilers/

If these rumours are true
    I'm not overly impressed with the boys or groups categories. I think Rikki deserves to be in there alright, but not sure about the other 2 lads. Thought there was better. As for the groups I think John and Edward will be entertaining, but not sure if they actually deserve to be in it. I was hoping the 3 girls who did their own rendition of 'Toxic' in one of the first audition shows would've gone through, so I do hope the groups predictions aren't accurate. I think the over 25's are spot on and the girls are 3 which I remember from the auditions

It would be great if the audience could vote on a wildcard from each category, from the bootcamp stage...
    John and Edward, noooo! :mad: Simon's got the strongest category by a mile. And Kandy Rain and Miss F.R.A.N.K?! Who the hell comes up with these names?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Boys mentored by Cheryl (assisted by Will Young):
    TheBoys.jpg
    Lloyd Daniels
    Rikki Loney
    Joe McElderry
    Girls mentored by Dannii (assisted by KYLIE!!!)
    TheGirls.jpg
    Stacey Soloman
    Lucie Jones
    Rachel Adedeji
    Groups mentored by Louis (assisted by Ronan Keating)
    TheGroups.jpg
    John And Edward Grimes
    Kandy Rain
    Miss F.R.A.N.K (a new three piece girl band made up of three solo bootcampers. Shar Alexander, Shanice Davis & Graziella Affinita)
    Over 25s mentored by Simon (assisted by Sinitta)
    TheOvers.jpg
    Olly Murs
    Danyl Johnson
    Jamie Afro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

This year's x factor is another load of tripe! How can anyone get teary eyed listening to sob stories like the ones we hear on this show. We all know by now that these people are selected to tell their stories to get the viewers interest..it's standard practise.

Simon Cowell tried last Saturday to get a young lad to talk about his previous crimes and anti social behaviour even though we had all heard it in his introduction beforehand. He was obviously picked to re-tell this on stage. What was the point? It wasn't as though Simon hadn't been informed about him and so the questions were so leading it was embarrassing!! The young lad didn't take the bait and Simon didn't like it one bit. However, he put him through because he 'liked' him. His background has nothing to do with his talent as singer.

Such a transparent show at this stage you wonder if it has much left in the can for future shows. They ought to do a show called 'What are they doing now?' and bring back all the previous winners to talk about the fabulous lives they are all living now that they have all achieved such wonderful success in their careers thanks to x factor.
    A five minute filler should do that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

yenraek wrote: »
    Simon Cowell tried last Saturday to get a young lad to talk about his previous crimes and anti social behaviour even though we had all heard it in his introduction beforehand. He was obviously picked to re-tell this on stage. What was the point? It wasn't as though Simon hadn't been informed about him and so the questions were so leading it was embarrassing!! The young lad didn't take the bait and Simon didn't like it one bit. However, he put him through because he 'liked' him. His background has nothing to do with his talent as singer.

I remember Simon was like this with Rachel Hylton last year. He was all into "I really really like that girl" & wanted to keep giving her chances. She had a great voice but total wreck the head & serious attitude compared to the other contestants.
    I think it's unfair. I think the chances should be given to kids that don't get into crime. They made the choice at the end of the day & should work to get their chance. Ok now I'm way off topic, will shut up now. End rant!

Jesus christ those twins are irritating clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

jesus those 2 lads from here with the spikey hair are some pair of knobs. I dread the day louis gets a single out for them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Mad_Max wrote: »
    jesus those 2 lads from here with the spikey hair are some pair of knobs. I dread the day louis gets a single out for them..

Oh dear they made it into the last 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If those Hedgehog Twins get through to the final 12 I will hunt Louis down, set him on fire, piss on the flames, and then force him to listen the Cheryl's solo single.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

no sign of the chap from last week with the autism?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Min wrote: »
    Oh dear they made it into the last 50.

I can't believe it. Louis begged for them. Embarrasing.

Now that was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭smilingeyerish

oh jebus,how how how did those twins get into top 50? can we disown them as irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

oh jebus,how how how did those twins get into top 50? can we disown them as irish?

Can we at least disown Louis?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

They seem "special"....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Most irritating pair of muppets I have ever laid eyes on. Don't know how the girl in the middle didn't deck them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Twister Ella

Not sure what make me feel worse them or Louis's reaction to them

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

God they were irritaitng... "Oh yeah? Where's my twin?" Cringe...

I'm beginning to think that with Louis and now these twins that Simon Cowell is on a mission to make our country out to be full of tools. ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Sure that's what the whole world thinks anyway! :rolleyes: :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3vEOSkk5AM :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

i love how everyone hates john & edward..
    they arent that bad really :) -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

They make me wish I was English.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement