Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

df1985 wrote: »
    is holly pregnant or just gettin a bit porky?
    Yeah, I thought Dawn French went blonde for a second there. Huge, she is... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Holly is so pretty..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Quint wrote: »
    She was obviously told to act a bit like Stacey. Really overdone it though
    yeah, to an extent that she should be given the boot purely because of it. It isn't her, the people don't like her, so she should take the hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

She's beautiful and what real women should look like. She only had a baby 5 months ago :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Holly really shouldn't have said it in the xtra factor, cos it will just remind the people of how fake shes being/how shes copying stacie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Go the JEDIward knights!!!!:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

df1985 wrote: »
    is holly pregnant or just gettin a bit porky?

BOO!!! Holly is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

shinny wrote: »
    She's beautiful and what real women should look like. She only had a baby 5 months ago :rolleyes:

that explains it, didnt know she had a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

muffinhead wrote: »
    If anyone wants to vote for John & Edward call 0044 333 666 9828 (cost 35c/min). You'll here a 15 second advert then the call is diverted to the X Factor voting line.

This is the number from last week. I wonder will it work again. May have to change last two digits or something

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

On the free2call website it says voting closed. No numbers up yet. Wher'd you get that number from??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

dolliemix wrote: »
    This is the number from last week. I wonder will it work again. May have to change last two digits or something

The new numbers are not up yet, by the looks of it. But here is the link, probably become available shortly:

http://www.free2call.tv/X-Factor.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

It was posted on this forum last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I hope the twins do Bat out of Hell next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysusjones

That stylist has such a hard job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Lucie. She was amazing

When they recap for the voting, the little slot Lucie has is so shrill and harsh it hurt my ears.

I don't like her voice at all. Which is odd because her I will Always Love You auditon was so delicate, soft and beautiful. Dannii is changing her and Cheryl/ Simon going on about hitting high notes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Quint wrote: »
    I hope the twins do Bat out of Hell next week

or they could do Paradise by the Dashboard Light, then they can do the american talking in the middle of it. gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'd put Lloyd and John & Edward in the bottom 2. The twins surviving last week was fair enough, because no-one really cared abour Ricki. But there's no-one left who deserves to go before the twins.

Rachel was my favourite tonight, although she was annoying when she was talking to Dermot. Lucie, who I always thought was very average, finally gave a great performance. Stacey was probably the weakest of the girls tonight, but ONLY because of the boring song she was given ("Summertime" or "God Bless The Child" would have been much better choices imo) She's still my favourite overall.

As for the rest, Danyl was good, Jamie and Miss Frank were ok, Joe got screwed by a bizarre song choice and I missed Olly's performance.

Is noone else getting tired of Danyl doing the same thing to every song he sings? I'd love to see him leave the competition tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Rb wrote: »
    Is noone else getting tired of Danyl doing the same thing to every song he sings? I'd love to see him leave the competition tbh.

Fat chance of that happening. Not only are these themes being designed in order to favour Afro and Johnson but I've never seen Cowell be more agressive in regards to selling an act to the audience (Johnson).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Im sick of the way Graziella (sp) - Miss Frank looks at the camera when she sings. Really bugs me. Stilllove them though!

• Advertisement

I want anyone but Ollie, Joe and John and Edward in the bottom two. Even thuogh I did really enjoy Danyl tonight I neevr did before and I probs never will again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Lucie is as hot as hell but I wasn't impressed with her performance. The singing was ok, but the vocals were very plain and predictable. I like it when people sing stuff in a nice note, but she didn't. There wasn't any part of the song where I heard her sing something and thought it sounded nice.

I hope Jamie stays in as next week is Rock week, but unfortunately I think he might be in the bottom two. Yer man Lloyd I think is a fairly plain wooden singer and nothing to write home about.

Stacy was very good and sung very well, liked how her voice sounded.

Rachel did my head in with her interview with Dermot.

John and Edward, it's like car crash tv, but I can't look away :)

I don't know who will be in the bottom two tomorrow. I hope Jamie doesn't go out.

I think I was the only one who didn't like yer one rapping from Miss Frank. I can't stand the way she dances, sings, and her facial expressions when she does both.

I think Simon is trying desperately hard to make sure a girl doesn't win again, there's far too many female solo artists out there as it is! He must think his best bet is an over 25.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Fat chance of that happening. Not only are these themes being designed in order to favour Afro and Johnson but I've never seen Cowell be more agressive in regards to selling an act to the audience (Johnson).

Yeah you're absolutely right with regards to the support Danyl is getting from Simon and I wouldn't be at all surprised if, for arguments sake, Danyl got the boot this week and two weeks later Danyl was back in the limelight with a record deal arranged separately by Cowell.

He's good, there's no doubt about it, but he does the exact same thing to every song he's given, along with the same fist-pump-esque dance moves when doing so. It has gotten very boring and predictable at this stage, understandably as it's certain seen as safe, but I'd give Joe a lot more props this week for his effort than Danyl.
    I think I was the only one who didn't like yer one rapping from Miss Frank. I can't stand the way she dances, sings, and her facial expressions when she does both.

Oh I absolutely detest that too. They're also minging.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Olly. Pretty good, as usual. The song was crap though.

Rachel. Vast imrovement. Whether or not that's enough to save her I don't know...

Lloyd. Clearly Cheryl hasn't learned anything from last week :confused:

Miss FRANK. Excellent vocals, much better than last week's debacle, but the "rap" was just cringe-worthy

Stacy. Not as good as usual. Very stiff. She looked fantastic though.

Joe. Cute as a button, but can't really carry off "sexy crooner"

Jamie. Bad move on Simon's part. It seemed pretty under-prepared

Danyl. One of the worst versions of Feeling Good I've ever heard. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. "And I'm feeeeeeeeeeeeling......good".:confused:

Lucy. EASILY the best of the night. Voice like an angel :) Simon was talking complete bollix. I had no idea what he was on about. "She was singing like and actress" WTF?

John and Edward. ...Wow. That was...wow.

Did I just hear something about a Turkey? Oh God, Dustin isn't going on the X factor is he?

:p

phasers wrote: »
    Did I just hear something about a Turkey? Oh God, Dustin isn't going on the X factor is he?

:p
    he was last year I think. Love dustin hope he is!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Danyl. One of the worst versions of Feeling Good I've ever heard. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. "And I'm feeeeeeeeeeeeling......good".:confused:

Lucy. EASILY the best of the night. Voice like an angel :) Simon was talking complete bollix. I had no idea what he was on about. "She was singing like and actress" WTF?

John and Edward. ...Wow. That was...wow.

Agree with you on all of these! Thought Danyl was a bit crappy this week, especially the incredibly abrupt end that wasn't even a note. He just kinda shouted the "good" out of him. Weird...

I love Lucie. She has an absolutely beautiful voice. I think she's actually got the best voice of all of them.

Miss Frank are crap. I can't stand them. Singing is awful and just plain messy. And the rapping, oh God the rapping is just awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

Lucie was brilliant, best voice of the night.
    Jedward best entertainment of the night, The x factor would be nothing without them.
    Lloyd cant sing, its just his image.
    Danyl doesnt change from week to week, same old.
    Stacey, how cant you like Stacey, she was good tonight, not amazing though.
    I liked Rachel's performance, however her interview after it , trying to change who she is just isnt working, shes trying to hard to be different.
    Olly was good as per usual so was Joe.
    Jamie wasnt as good as last week, although he wasnt bad either.
    Miss Frank were better than last week.

I predict Llyod and Rachel will be in the bottom two, dont care who goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i need some help, that song the judges entered to tonight...

its like

"dah dah dah,
    dah dah dah,
    da da."

doing my head in...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement