Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

i need some help, that song the judges entered to tonight...

its like

"dah dah dah,
    dah dah dah,
    da da."

doing my head in...

Gonna Fly Now - Rocky Soundtrack.

Because for some reason...Dermot called Louis "Louis Rocky Balboa Walsh" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

no it wasnt that one...sorry..it was the one dermot o leary entered to...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I want John and Edward to stay till the Christmas Final...and sing Fairytale in New York :pac:

And, if he is still in it....Jamie could do Slade's "Merry Christmas" "IT'S CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS":p

*Sorry, that just popped into my head, and I figured that that would just MAKE my Christmas :D*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I want John and edward to win so they have a single and Simon has to sign them :P

please someone help!! it was dermot o learys entrance music... driving me mental...

• Advertisement

it was live and let die... gnr version. thank you. goodbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

please someone help!! it was dermot o learys entrance music... driving me mental...
    Watch this a few times and it'll soon be forgotten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just saw this on facebook:
    Dear Grim Reaper, so far this year you have taken away my favourite celebrity Jade Goody, my favourite dancer Michael Jackson, my favourite actor Patrick Swayze and now my favourite singer Steven Gately..........just so you know, my favourite twins are John and Edward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Stealing that :)

My dad told me another one about 2 weeks ago...

Louis gets a text from God that said "For every week those twins stay in, a member of boyzone will die.."

They're actually horrible jokes. I know your not meant to take them seriously but they're just mean.
    People wouldn't say it about any other X Factor act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 mikerev

My two cents are as follows:

Olly. Unimpressive for me until tonight, but I think he has found where he works. Feels like a buble kind of singer to me.

Rachel. I like her voice, but I think tonight was a bit too alexandra Burke. I liked the rihanna thing she had going. I'd rather her go out for her than stay in for something she's not.

Jamie. I liked him. A lot. But he's starting to bore me a little. He needs to wow people like last week. He is able to rise the hairs on the back of anyone's neck. But he's only done it one week out of three. More!

Lloyd. Has a nice voice but an incredibly limited range. He needs to push way more. I don't know of he has it in him though. He seems to lack passion.

Miss frank. They finally gave a good performance tonight. Love their originality but I find them slightly lacking in voice. They're interesting though and I hope they keep getting better.

Stacey. Fantastic voice. She is a totally different person singing than she is talking. She is starting to bore me now though. She needs to do something different to wow everyone.

Joe. Great voice although a little too trained. I think he's great though. It'll be very interesting to see him in rock week.

Danyl. He's another one that's starting to get boring. He's not showing any versatility. He takes different songs and does them in his same style every week. He can hit the bug notes but that's all I've seen so far. And I dislike the accent he sings with intensely. I hope he can do more.

Lucie. Great voice. But she needs to show more versatility. Big songs are good, but is that all she can do? Rock week will be very interesting for her too.

John and Edward. They're just pissing me off at this stage. Can't sing, can't dance. People are entertained by them, fine, but it us a talent/singing competition. They are robbing people who have a serious chance of being something.

My top 3

jamie
    lucie
    joe

My bottom 2

Lloyd
    john and Edward

John and Edward need to go to make this a competition. They can't take any more places of the talented finalists. It's a joke. And not a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

mikerev wrote: »
    John and Edward. They're just pissing me off at this stage. Can't sing, can't dance. People are entertained by them, fine, but it us a talent/singing competition. They are robbing people who have a serious chance of being something.

John and Edward need to go to make this a competition. They can't take any more places of the talented finalists. It's a joke. And not a good one

Taking the place of someone more talented? Give me a break, it's the x-factor. Those who have real talent won't need the x-factor to "make them".

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mikerev

homah_7ft wrote: »
    Taking the place of someone more talented? Give me a break, it's the x-factor. Those who have real talent won't need the x-factor to "make them".

You've clearly never tried to make it in the music industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

It's an entertainment show. It's for fun and gives the acts some exposure to boot. I won't be losing any sleep over an x-factor contestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Edward and John sang great this week, and their choreography (though I wasn't mad about it) was extensive.
    They're working really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ManofMunster

to be fair, nobody expects j&e to win it so does it really matter if they leave the comp before or after lloyd and rachel? they're certainly gonna provide more entertainment than those two combined should they hang around for a few more weeks. they've just turned 18 and they're doing dance routines which involve sticking their heads out from under the gyrating pelvises of a bunch of hot birds - fair f**** to them.

olly - thought he was pretty good tonight; big band suited him

rachel - good job tonight but won't be round much longer

jamie - bit karaoke on this one; too much shouting. awful song choice

lloyd - boring and hasn't much going in the way of vocals. my favourite to leave tonight. (back-flip was ridiculous)

miss frank - sang well tonight though last ten seconds was very weird. rap was terrible.

stacey - was with simon on this one. didn't ring true with me tonight. looking good though.

joe - awful song choice but he made the most of it. great voice. probably the only one who can stop simon from winning this year.

danyl - might be the same thing every week but for me it's a superb same thing. quality.

lucie - trying to prove she can hit big notes when that's not her thing. has beautiful clear voice on lower range but has yet to be given suitable song since auditions.

j&e - what can you say? gone from most annoying brats i ever laid eyes upon to kinda likeable in a couple of weeks. car crash tv but they're going out in style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

racheal really runined it for herself , cause of the interview with dermot...WTF was that all about, it was painful to watch, and then having to watch the same crap on the xtra factor , and she was just really trying to be like stacey, doesnt suit her ... hope she goes

As for John and Edward.. people saying it aint fair proper singers getting voted out before them.. era the public voted to keep them in, over rikki and kandy rain, and i really hope they stay in for longer, they is still plenty of people left in that competition that could go out before them ,where they wouldnt be ruining the chance's of a decent singer/preformer getting to the final... they're the most entertaining thing on it.. where as some of the acts are like watching paint dry, they're so boring

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They've a few weeks to go before they start taking the place of anyone with any chance of being a successful recording artist. Sure they could get to the final 4 and still not damage anyone's chances properly!

This year's crap are terrible, that's why I like Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Found it hard to watch Miss Frank. They were creepy.
    Rachel was also creepy.

Why is this year so creepy?

Apart from Edward and John of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

John and Edward aren't the best singers but they are entertaining. It's a bit like the Big Brother effect for me with them - the people that everyone are talking about are the ones that stay in.

Rachel did my head in last night to be honest. I really hope Jamie stays in.

I think possibly Rachel and Lloyd will be in the bottom 2 tonight. Lucie's performance didn't do much for me. Very plain, no nice note changes or anything. I personally thought Stacy did better than Rachel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I think possibly Rachel and Lloyd will be in the bottom 2 tonight. Lucie's performance didn't do much for me. Very plain, no nice note changes or anything. I personally thought Stacy did better than Rachel.

I agree with your two for the bottom two, but there's not a hope that Lloyd will be there. He's pretty much got a bye to the final 5 as bad as he is the demographics of the voting audience don't care what he sings like just his looks and personality.

The X Factor on facebook. All the chavvy types who are most likely to vote every week comment on their statuses and you can see what the average voters think - as opposed to us grumpy us
    For example, on Rachel's performance:

ner she was totally fake and trying to be stacey who is annoying anyway! x
    3 minutes ago · Report

no she was acting like stacy go stacy she next x]
    4 minutes ago · Report

Lol simon n yh she was even worse n shes triying thu be stacey n yh
    about a minute ago · Report

And then on Lloyd's:

yh i love him not because his sexy/cute but at that age his great just a little confidence issues!!! AGAIN HIS ONLY 16!
    5 minutes ago · Report

omg he is soooo gawjuss i love him so much
    3 minutes ago · Report

me he os ****in sexy i wud do him
    about a minute ago · Report

Have a look:
    http://www.facebook.com/TheXFactor?v=wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It will be bull**** if people don't vote for Rachel because of her post-song interviews, it's a talent show FFS not a likeability contest. Best performance of the night for me, an amazing performance considering the damp squib she's been in the previous two weeks. I'm sure she'll get the votes from somewhere, I mean don't tell me Rhydian got to the final because he was likeable. :pac:

Lol at the differnence!
    Yeh Lloyd is going to be there for another while, same goes for Joe. But atleast with Joe he can sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

rsta wrote: »
    Jeez she was totally copying Stacy, and it really didn't suit her... got really annoying. How sad.

Asides from that, she sang great and I much prefer her hair like that. Way nicer.

I went from really liking her to hating her again in the space of 2 minutes.
    She blatantly copied Stacey. I think she has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there.
    I reckon shes gone now.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Lol at the differnence!
    Yeh Lloyd is going to be there for another while, same goes for Joe. But atleast with Joe he can sing.

Between Rhydian and Rachel? Tell me, what's Rhydian up to these days?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Between Rhydian and Rachel? Tell me, what's Rhydian up to these days?
    What, no the difference between lloyds comments and rachels. Didn't even see your post.
    But for the record that year was really bad, I was going for Leon Ftw :)

deise_girl wrote: »
    What, no the difference between lloyds comments and rachels. Didn't even see your post.
    But for the record that year was really bad, I was going for Leon Ftw :)

Whoops sorry for the mix up. :p Too bad for Leon though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Lucie didn't blow me away last night, but I was only half watching it really. Just watched it back a couple of times there on Youtube, and I actually loved it. A really beautiful, natural, understated performance. It wasn't note perfect, but I think that sort of added to it. And I still think she's going to get better. She was by far my favourite last night.

I also loved Miss Frank, apart from the stupid frickin rap! It ruined the performance.

Olly, Stacey, Jamie, Danyl and Joe were all pretty bleah in my opinion. And Stacey in particular - with last night's theme, she could have been amazing with the right song.

Rachel was better than other weeks, and thankfully her clothes and makeup weren't quite as hideous as before. I hated the whole fake ditziness. I can't believe she's only eighteen though :eek: I really admire her resilience, not many eighteen year olds could come back and perform so well after being in the bottom two twice in a row.

Lloyd is so weak vocally. He seems like a very sweet likeable guy, and he's very goodlooking, but he's just a fairly crap singer. And the backflip was just stupid!

Strangely, I don't love or hate John and Edward. Obviously they're not the most talented ones there, and I don't think they've a hope of winning, but they're a bit of entertainment. I prefer watching them than watching that smarmy git Danyl!

I reckon, based on talent, Lloyd and John&Edward should be in the bottom two. But it's not based on talent ... so I'm thinking it'll be Rachel and ... maybe either Jamie or Lloyd? If Rachel's in the bottom two I can't see the judges saving her for a third time, no matter who the other person in the bottom two is.

All in all, standards are pretty low compared to other years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

It is not a singing competition it is a search for the X factor. That's what Cowell told Simon Fuller anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Just saw this on facebook:
    I got this texted to me yesterday
    Dear Louis, Just a little note to let you know I'm not fúcking about. Every week the twins stay in X-Factor, another member of Boyzone gets it. Lots of Love, God
    homah_7ft wrote: »
    It's an entertainment show. It's for fun and gives the acts some exposure to boot. I won't be losing any sleep over an x-factor contestant.

Exactly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement