Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

homah_7ft wrote: »
    :D Who do you want to win Rb?
    I haven't really decided who I like the most really, at the moment I'm just rooting for people to be booted out :)

The people I like are Jamie, Olly/Ollie and Lucie. Joe is a very good singer and gave it his all but I don't think he has the "XFactor" so the speak. John and Edward and as I mentioned previously, I'd love to see them do to the Xfactor what Lordi did to Eurovision. If only because I love the freaks that turn up to the auditions and it would merely encourage more to do so!

I liked Rikki too and thought it was unfortunate to see him go.

Lloyd is just ****e, nothing else wrong with the guy and Louis was right in that he could be decent in a group, but as a solo artist there is nothing about him that would really sell CD's. I don't like Stacy at all and the rest I've already commented on!

If I were to narrow it to two though, Lucie or Ollie ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Bond-007 wrote: »
    We will just have to redouble our efforts to remove the twins next week.

Not if I can help it Buddy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

The twins are my main reason for watching. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Is Holly the perfect woman? Easy going, friendly, good craic, genuinely funny and good looking. Me thinks so :)

Yeah i think she is great.

Lloyd is really terrible, he is so stiff and awkard, he can't sing either.

None of them are good enough to make it after the show... its gonna be another dud year like the year that scottish boy won it... can't even rem his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Is Holly the perfect woman? Easy going, friendly, good craic, genuinely funny and good looking. Me thinks so :)

Yes, she's a fine looking woman. Definately the sexiest women involved in x-factor. And yes, that includes Danii "fake boobs" minogue, and Cheryl "ass of a 9 year old boy" Cole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

Quint wrote: »
    Yes, she's a fine looking woman. Definately the sexiest women involved in x-factor. And yes, that includes Danii "fake boobs" minogue, and Cheryl "ass of a 9 year old boy" Cole

She is a real woman unlike stop sign Cole. Danii Minogue looks like she would have razor sharp teeth down below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Cowell definitely knows the pulling power of the twins. He acts like he's annoyed they still there but I bet he told Louey he had to pick them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

:eek:

Stupid Lloyd! He can not sing and he is really boring. Stupid teenage girls think he is "sooo fit xxxx" so he gets to stay. Ridiculous, he adds nothing to the show.

I can't believe Miss Frank went, they were one of the best acts on Saturday!
    Hopefully Danyl will stop being so cocky now anyway...

Cheryl's dress was disgusting, what on earth was she thinking?

Dustin on the Xtra Factor was so humiliating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I liked Miss Frank, and don't think they shouldn't have went but danyl out sang them in the sing off. Poor Louis, only one act left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

phasers wrote: »
    Dustin on the Xtra Factor was so humiliating.

yea, in a way, I felt the same.
    I, personally, thought he was hilarious but then i began to think of alot of those 'no humour' british folk watching this at home and then i was like 'o sweet jesus!'. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

yea, in a way, I felt the same.
    I, personally, thought he was hilarious but then i began to think of alot of those 'no humour' british folk watching this at home and then i was like 'o sweet jesus!'. :P
    It's weird though, I love Jedward but thought Dustin was embarassing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Me thinks Lloyd is getting the teenage vote.

who knows? I think he has a solid 5-10% of the vote from teenage girls. And then some random votes. All that is good enough to keep you in the game in the early days. In fact on the first show you need no more than 8.25% of the votes to stay, assuming the votes are otherwise equal. If the top two get 20% and 10% that leaves 70% for the other 10 so you need slightly more than 7%.

Assuming the votes are distributed like that all the way down you could avoid the bottom two with 5% of the votes.

Thats what's keeping J&E and Lyod in. The ironic-like-them-because-they-are-quirky vote and the teenage vote. All that becomes less important when we get down to the last 6, or less.

So on the first show it should be easy to make money against the bookies. Will try this next year. J&E were favourites to go, but that was nonsense. Even if most people hated them, all they needed was some interest from less than 10% of the population. They were well known going into the live show, so there was no way they were out. Who gets in the bottom? Someone who made no impact? So Rachel....

Why is she in this week? Because she became well known because she was ( unfairly) in the bottom two. So more votes this week as she now stands out. She would have been a good bet this week.

All of this is putting money on before the performances. It breaks down in the later stages. Also if there is ever a vote to kick people out, then it breaks down. J&E would have been first out on that system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Awh I missed it last night, can't believe Miss Frank went, feel really sorry for Louis. Don't like Danyl but can't be denied he's a great singer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

phasers wrote: »
    Stupid teenage girls think he is "sooo fit xxxx" so he gets to stay.

lol :D

I have become put off on Olly due to his lack of on stage presence. Joe has been shining for me in the live shows. I think he'll do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

asdasd wrote: »
    who knows? I think he has a solid 5-10% of the vote from teenage girls. And then some random votes. All that is good enough to keep you in the game in the early days. In fact on the first show you need no more than 8.25% of the votes to stay, assuming the votes are otherwise equal. If the top two get 20% and 10% that leaves 70% for the other 10 so you need slightly more than 7%.

Assuming the votes are distributed like that all the way down you could avoid the bottom two with 5% of the votes.

Thats what's keeping J&E and Lyod in. The ironic-like-them-because-they-are-quirky vote and the teenage vote. All that becomes less important when we get down to the last 6, or less.

So on the first show it should be easy to make money against the bookies. Will try this next year. J&E were favourites to go, but that was nonsense. Even if most people hated them, all they needed was some interest from less than 10% of the population. They were well known going into the live show, so there was no way they were out. Who gets in the bottom? Someone who made no impact? So Rachel....

Why is she in this week? Because she became well known because she was ( unfairly) in the bottom two. So more votes this week as she now stands out. She would have been a good bet this week.

All of this is putting money on before the performances. It breaks down in the later stages. Also if there is ever a vote to kick people out, then it breaks down. J&E would have been first out on that system.
    I would agree 100% with that. In the early stages it will be easy for an act like John and Edward to stay in based on the spread of votes. But as the contest proceeds they will find it harder to get votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I really believe that next week or the week after, the twins will be in the bottom two; but this will not see them evicted, unless the judges go to the vote system. I would bet that even Cowell will want them to stay. They are the trump card this year, and the show is so staged and rigged.

I see the judges voting them to stay in, and using lame excuses to
    explain their decision.

I want them to stay anyway!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I really don't think the judges would ever go to dealock over John and Edward. Whatever they may secretly think of them they wouldn't announce it on tv. I'd say their weeks are numberd but you never know, you'll have Irish people in Britain voting, many kids, people feeling sorry for them and people tat just think they're hilarious. Saying that it sounds great for them but I think each week is going to be a struggle for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Not sure how true it is, but I saw it posted elsewhere on the net that Jedward topped the vote last night. Does anyone have the results rankings for last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Not sure how true it is, but I saw it posted elsewhere on the net that Jedward topped the vote last night. Does anyone have the results rankings for last night?

do they give out the rankings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hmmm, I've been in good form so far, other than the first week I've been fairly right about who would be going. :p

This week Joe and Lloyd should bomb doing Rock Week, but something tells me Rachel and Stacey might be gracing the bottom two come Sunday.

• Advertisement

do they give out the rankings?

Not officially but I think they're usually leaked online. Don't see anything on Digital Spy at the moment. I seriously doubt its true....well, I *hope* it's not true :)
    Simon Cowell has suggested that recent stories in the media may have damaged Danyl Johnson's popularity with X Factor viewers.

The music mogul's protégé found himself in the bottom two for the first time last night, but he was ultimately given another chance to impress the public when his sing-off rivals Miss Frank were voted off.

Johnson's setback followed a series of allegations surrounding his behaviour behind the scenes. Earlier this month, Louis Walsh claimed that Johnson had bullied his girl group Kandy Rain. The former strippers later spoke out themselves to accuse Danyl of making hurtful comments at the X Factor house.

Meanwhile, it was reported yesterday that the schoolteacher had made rival contestant Stacey Solomon cry by making a jibe about her family.

Speaking on The Xtra Factor last night, Cowell announced: "I think I'm going to have to get to the bottom of lots of the stories that are going around, people saying he is bullying them and stuff. I don't believe them, but I think that they have an effect and we're going to have to clear that up.

"People just don't seem to like him. There have been stories written about him that people are not getting on with him, and he is going to have to put his side of the story across."

X Factor chiefs are said to have held crisis talks following last night's shock result.

After another bullying story..
    X Factor contestant Danyl Johnson has reportedly upset Stacey Solomon.

Solomon was left in tears when the teacher made a comment about her family, The People claims.

"Everyone's tired and stressed and despite all the smiles for the cameras, there's been a lot of sniping and bickering," a source said. "But no-one expected Danyl to be quite so nasty, especially to Stacey - she wouldn't hurt a fly.

"It blew up out of nothing. Danyl and Stacey were having a disagreement when he blurted out a really vicious comment. It was directed at something very close to Stacey and her family's heart and was not something you'd expect anyone in this day and age to say.

"Danyl needs to be careful - and he needs to apologise."

An X Factor spokesperson said: "There was a minor tiff between Danyl and Stacey but everything is alright now."

Johnson has previously been described as a "bully" by judge Louis Walsh, while former contestants Kandy Rain branded him "fake" and "arrogant".

Sounds like Danyl isn't exactly the nicest person in the competition..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I dont see why that wouldnt be a good point to release the actual results info in the Xtra Factor? It would keep people watching at least.

Ive been searching online, cant find anything. I would love to find out the official stats.

I was over on digitalspy.co.uk in the x-factor forum. The poles indicate that Danyl was the least favourite last night.

Out of 303 votes - Jedwards winning the favourite act.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1150314

Danyl is bad for business -http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1150315

I really wanted Rachel to go.. :mad:

I know this isnt a crime, but on the Xtra Factor last week and this week she got up and danced with the x-factor rejects who were singing. She just comes across as sooooo fake!

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Don't see anything on Digital Spy QUOTE]

I love Digitalspy! The lloyd fans in the forums make it hard reading though, alot of broken english and 'xxxx's all over the place.

I tried to join there but they wanted £5? To verify I wasnt a spammer. I dont think so.. I wandered back to Boards.

"As stated on our registration page, users registering with the Digital Spy Forums who use Hotmail, Windows Live Mail, Yahoo Mail, Google Mail (GMail) or Lycos for their registered email address must pay a user verification fee of £5.00 so that we can establish that the anonymous email address is not being used by an automated bot and/or for abusive purposes and is being used by a real human being. This is a one time user verification fee - using the forums is free (they are advertising supported).

Please follow the link below to access the payment page:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/payments.php

Payments are made via PayPal and may be made either using a credit card or an existing PayPal account; upon payment your account will immediately be authorised to post on the forums.

Please note that the £5.00 is a one time fee and is non-refundable."

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I think you kinda get that feeling off him that he thinks 'highly' of himself.. Bit of a p**ck really if all thats true.

I would be soo happy if John and Edward topped the votes, means there are plenty calling for them :D Especially as us in Ireland couldn't vote this week. If they wern't in te X Factor it would actually be so boring this year.

Yeah I remember getting that when I tried to join Digital Spy. Definitely not happening.

Have to say, the producers having "crisis talks" over Danyl being in the bottom two really pissed me off. I mean, the whole show is supposed to be about the public vote. I know that at the end of the day its all about who Simon Cowell wants to win but to actually come out and say that they're having "crisis talks" because their favourite was in the bottom is pretty insulting. Why bother with the public vote at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Rising viewership - 14.8 million viewers last night - all down to the twins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 conchie

ateam wrote: »
    Rising viewership - 14.8 million viewers - all down to the twins.

You said it............its the twins bringing in the votes......... and lest anyone be fooled......... Simon Cowell knows this only too well and underneath the pantomine anger......... he is thrilled. All that matters is ratings and advertising space, and making LOTS of money !!!

ateam wrote: »
    Rising viewership - 14.8 million viewers - all down to the twins.

Wait - your twins or my twins? :p

deise_girl wrote: »
    Especially as us in Ireland couldn't vote this week. If they wern't in te X Factor it would actually be so boring this year.

Did you see the post from yesterday of how you can get around the voting system? I'll be voting for the twins again next week from our emerald isle shores!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

he is thrilled.

Sure. In fact I think that Louis may have been told to keep them in at bootcamp 2. Homecamp. Whatever its called.

That said they dont want them to win, or get past the top 6. But because of the logic of the voting, that wont happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement