Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

The twins are having a Boyle effect in terms of ratings - if they make the final it will damage any reputation the programme has for future years.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Well I know theres normally a number you can vote with but it wouldn't work this week.
    I'd be over the moon if they won the show. I think i would laugh until my gut bursts :P And I would probably get their Christmas single, for the laugh of course. Bt hey it would still add up to bring it to number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

my cousin thinks that Jedward should try out for Eurovision.
    Was laughing when I first heard the idea first, but it makes sense....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

We might see that yet.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 ciano123

Jamie to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 ciano123

jedwerd for eurovision

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2698887/X-Factors-Lucie-Jones-hit-in-face-by-flying-prop.html
    Must be one of the funniest things ever!!:D:D I want Joe to do really well now and Luice to be voted off ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Danyl's too arrogant and cocky and i hope he goes home next week

FFS another cover by Westlife this time butchering Daughtry's What About Now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

JP Liz wrote: »
    Danyl's too arrogant and cocky and i hope he goes home next week

+1,000,000

I dislike him more then the twins. i thought he was supposed to sing for his survival last night, not do Baton twirling with the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

deise_girl wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2698887/X-Factors-Lucie-Jones-hit-in-face-by-flying-prop.html
    Must be one of the funniest things ever!!:D:D I want Joe to do really well now and Luice to be voted off ASAP

Ha! I love the 'Joe is the least violent person in the world' quote from an insider!

I think Lucie is stuck up - I think Simon's comments on Saturday night were very fair that she's a great singer but there is no emotion in her performance. Then, on Sunday, they showed a clip of her backstage crying saying she didn't know what she had to do to please Simon. She doesn't feel she can improve obviously. The fact that she won't take constructive critism from Simon is going to p**s him off...You can see him with his pencil in his mouth going there is no way I will be working with you as that clip was being aired...so she won't be winning the X-Factor this year! YES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭merlin39

+1,000,000

I dislike him more then the twins. i thought he was supposed to sing for his survival last night, not do Baton twirling with the mic.

LOL. I cant stand him. Sing yes but after that give me the twins anyday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Just for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz wrote: »
    FFS another cover by Westlife this time butchering Daughtry's What About Now :mad:

Thank you - when they were singing it last night, I was like, what do they mean new song, they've played this before... my brain must've been in mush mode for not realising they were covering a Daughtry song...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Thank you - when they were singing it last night, I was like, what do they mean new song, they've played this before... my brain must've been in mush mode for not realising they were covering a Daughtry song...

Cover or not, the lads really can put on a performance. Very polished act!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

walshb wrote: »
    Cover or not, the lads really can put on a performance. Very polished act!

I'm not saying it was bad... I'm one of those rare twentysomething straight males who'll admit to actually liking Westlife and giving credit where credit's due... It's a great cover of a great song...

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Does anyone know, did any act who was ever in the bottom 2 go on to win the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 09828

John and Edward for :D:p:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 09828

john and edward for eurovision sorry
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does anyone know, did any act who was ever in the bottom 2 go on to win the show?
    Alexandra Burke was in the bottom two last year more than once IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ManofMunster

i'd imagine they have - maybe just not this early.

he's still third favourite with the bookies here (behind joe and stacey) so wouldn't write him off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Hmmm clutching at straws so.

Out of a fairly mediocre bunch, Danyl is the only one I really dislike. Nothing to do with what i've read in the papers, it's just the way he comes across himself.

I find Joe and Lucie very boring.....good voices but nothing special about them for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Have the votes leaked out yet? I'd be interested in seeing how they got on this week.

Jamie is my favourite so I was a bit worried he wasn't going to make it through. You wouldn't believe the sigh of relief when they said he was through. How sad am I? :D

I sort of like seeing the twins. I know they're not the best singers but you kind of can't stop watching them.

Either way, Simon Cowell and ITV must be taking bath's in champagne as I reckon the extra viewers are causing them to rake in money from the sponsors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭annejohn91

arghhhh :mad:, im considering not watching it anymore, its starting to annoy me now, every week the act i like goes, right john and edward were funny at the start but now they are really irritating. cheeko from sharon's category years ago knew he wasn't good but he still had a laugh where as the lads think they are brilliant, there really embarrassing .. if there still there next week im not watching it anyone else agree :D ??

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Good news for Jedward fans - looks like they might be in the show for a bit longer:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2700883/Tone-deaf-pair-John-and-Edward-get-most-votes.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭annejohn91

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

X FACTOR has been rocked by a bullying row after it was claimed singer Danyl Johnson has turned rival Stacey Solomon into a sobbing wreck.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }
    He told her she has been branded a bad mum and that seedy stories about her sex life are doing the rounds.

And he has been accused of targeting the vulnerable single mum as his own popularity sinks.

Insiders say Stacey, 20, is already “in bits” at being separated from her 18-month-old son Zach. And she has been stung by hurtful stories that she is a bad mum for leaving the tot at home.

She told the other finalists not to show her any newspapers but Danyl has deliberately ignored her pleas.

He has been thrusting articles in her face and reading them out in a loud voice, leaving Stacey in tears.

A show source said: “Stacey was adamant when she moved into the X Factor house that she did not want to read or hear any stories about herself.

“She got terribly upset when people had a go at her for being away from her son and saying she should be ‘a proper mum’.

“Then Zach’s dad told a mag that Stacey had been making out she was looking after Zach on her own and didn’t give him any credit. Plus stories about her sex life have been doing the rounds. She hates it. It makes her cry.

“All she wants to do is focus on the contest and provide a better life for her kid.

“She didn’t expect all this horrible bullying. But Danyl has just ignored her wishes and he can’t help blabbing when he sees an article about her in the paper. It upsets her and can put her off her performance.”

This is the second time Danyl, 27, has been caught up in a behind-the-scenes row.

Two weeks ago girl band Kandy Rain revealed that he had been cruel to them. Their mentor Louis Walsh, 57, said: “The girls rang me crying.

“Danyl was slagging them off, telling them they were never going to win. He really bullied them. Danyl is vile.”

Just a fortnight ago he was the bookies’ fave to win. X Factor boss Simon Cowell, 50, claimed the hunk had given “the best first audition ever” and that his performances were “in a different league” to the others.

But now he is fighting for survival. On Sunday’s results show, watched by 13.9million viewers, he ended up in the sing-off against Miss Frank.

It went to the public vote and Danyl won.But his chances of winning the show are now doomed. In all previous X Factor shows, the eventual winner has never been in a sing-off.

Danyl’s fall from grace has been attributed to several factors. Viewers are starting to find him smug, false and arrogant.

On the first live show, judges Louis and Cheryl Cole, 26, openly branded him “cocky”. Louis told him: “You are the most overconfident person in the competition. You need to become more likeable.”

On Saturday’s live show Danyl gushed, “It’s nice to have you back Louis” after the Irish pop boss missed a weekend of shows due to the death of Boyzone star Stephen Gately.

Fans thought he appeared “a creep” and “over- sincere”. And very few are backing him as a winner any longer.

Bookies Ladbrokes claimed yesterday that they had received just one £50 bet on him to win since Sunday night’s sing-off.

A spokesman said: “Danyl’s plight came as a real shock.

“It’s knocked punters’ faith in him. We can’t give him away at the moment.”

The news has angered Danyl’s mentor and show supremo Simon Cowell, 50.

He secretly expected him to win this year’s show but has admitted that stories in the papers have not helped the singer.

But he insisted he did not blame the media.

Last night an X Factor spokesman declined to comment.

I hope he goes out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ugh I haven't been able to stand Danyl since day one. I really want him out.

Is anyone else stunned about Joseph's popularity? I knew he was liked but he's one of the favourites!! To me his voice is extremely generic, he doesn't have anything unique about him, and every time he sings I want to wipe that cheesy grin off his face!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

basquille wrote: »
    Alexandra Burke was in the bottom two last year more than once IIRC.

A winner has never been in the bottom two according to today's paper.

He's a great singer but he's a plank. All the crying is far too fake.

muffinhead wrote: »
    Good news for Jedward fans - looks like they might be in the show for a bit longer:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2700883/Tone-deaf-pair-John-and-Edward-get-most-votes.html
    I am sooo happy right now :D It has made my day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Does anyone else really find Stacey very irritating?

She is really playing up the whole ditsy thing and it has gone so bad
    and fake now, that it is beginning to look like she is retarded. It's not cute or
    funny or endearing, it's pathetically cringing! She looks "slow" when doing it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement