Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

walshb wrote: »
    Does anyone else really find Stacey very irritating?

She is really playing up the whole ditsy thing and it has gone so bad
    and fake now, that it is beginning to look like she is retarded. It's not cute or
    funny or endearing, it's pathetically cringing! She looks "slow" when doing it!

I was trying to say this to a colleague this morning, but I couldn't think of a "PC" way to put it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Does any1 think rachel was trying to replicate stacey's mannerisms and personality on saturday. she knows every1 loves stacey but found that she had no personality. i thought it was just too much of a switch from dull and boring to an energiser bunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Stacey sounds like she should be on Little Britain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

J & E

A few more weeks and then they will come boring unless Simon's head comes off, which is why we are watching... It is funny to see Simon seeing the brand of his show going down... Better get to America quick...
    Louis is giving Declan Kidney a run for his money as Manager of the year. Dealt the most mediocre group in years and he has managed to claim lines and lines of print for the show out of it...

Danyl
    Probably the most talented in the show. Looks far more finished article than the others. But that is were the problem lies... He is too good.. He came on last week and gave a great(comparative) performance but it looked too easy... I was saying at the time he should have sung 'What a fool am I' the Sammy Davis song. Great song and one which had huge risk, covered very little and the most humble song I can think off. I would have even gone for 'Nancy' a Frank classic, another humble song.
    Danyl has the ability to turn this around but it will take a performance of humility and honestly, something his Mentor has no clue about. Simon has playing him safe and he is getting killed by a thousand cuts.

Truth is that all the contestants are probably sound and are just looking for a better life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

At the risk of being dragged into the middle of town and being stoned by a load of boards.ie posters :D I actually kind of like Danyl. Everyone is saying he's cocky and arrogant but I don't see it when he's on the TV. I don't know if to believe the tabloid reports about him bullying people. They could be true, they could be false, I don't know.

But he doesn't come across as arrogant or anything to me when he's on TV.

Having said that, I'd say Olly would be more likely to go out for a pint then Danyl would so maybe that's the type of thing people are picking up on.

Anyway, personally I don't mind him. It was a big surprise to me that he was in the bottom two last week. He definitely is more talented than Miss Frank and one of the callers into the Xtra Factor made a good point. He said the show is supposed to be about talent so shouldn't the judges forget about who they are mentoring and vote who to keep and who to send home based on who's the more talented.

Louis definitely got the weakest category this year, but the twins are definitely getting the most press exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

grandmaster..

I'm with you.. I don't mind Danyl.

I also think all this bullying stuff about him in the press is muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I admire all the contestants. What a few months they have. No weekends off. Two songs to learn to practice in 5 days ( the fail one, and the real one) and an ensemble effort which involves some dance routines and timing; and press, and interviews for the show ( the bits they put in before the songs), nerves all week, and so on.

I once worked for a month 7 days a week on a far less energetic and nerve reacking job, and I was exhausted to the point of not sleeping after three weeks.

Kudos to these contestents, particularly the younger ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

muffinhead wrote: »
    Good news for Jedward fans - looks like they might be in the show for a bit longer:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2700883/Tone-deaf-pair-John-and-Edward-get-most-votes.html

I wonder is this leak a result of the emergency meeting on Sunday. Simon thinks that Jedward are getting the sympathy vote and putting his own acts in danger, therefore if they let the public think that Jedward are infact, getting the most votes, not as many people will vote for them. Reverse psychology and all that....

I find it very hard to believe that Jedward got the highest number of votes judging by the comments made on English forums about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I was listening to Spin 103.8 on my way home and Paul Martin (Mirror Showbiz Reporter) was on the lunch time show. He's backstage every weekend and he basically confirmed that Danyl behaves "arrogantly" and "pretentiously" when the cameras are off. That being said this guy is in Louis Walsh's back pocket so I would take what he has to say with a pinch of salt.
    Originally posted by CowboyTed
    Danyl
    Probably the most talented in the show. Looks far more finished article than the others. But that is were the problem lies... He is too good.. He came on last week and gave a great(comparative) performance but it looked too easy... I was saying at the time he should have sung 'What a fool am I' the Sammy Davis song. Great song and one which had huge risk, covered very little and the most humble song I can think off. I would have even gone for 'Nancy' a Frank classic, another humble song.
    Danyl has the ability to turn this around but it will take a performance of humility and honestly, something his Mentor has no clue about. Simon has playing him safe and he is getting killed by a thousand cuts.

If he did that he would be found out, he can't sing in tune when it comes to low notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Is anyone else stunned about Joseph's popularity? I knew he was liked but he's one of the favourites!! To me his voice is extremely generic, he doesn't have anything unique about him, and every time he sings I want to wipe that cheesy grin off his face!

+1

But Joe makes me laugh now because this is what I think when I see him since saturdays performance
    df1985 wrote: »
    whack of gay cabaret off this! cruise ship all the way for joe!

and
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    joe somehow reminds me of a young daniel o donnell

also Simons comment that Joe had as much salsa flair as a dolphin! (Which in fairness to Joe he laughed at and didn't get all upset like Danyl or Lucie would have)

And finally the artical in the Sun about Joe throwing the tambourine at Lucie in rehearsal

I think the fact that he has Cheryl as a mentor makes him less endearing to me. Whereas if Louis had him.......it would be brilliant. He'd completely tap into the camp gay thing with him and have him dress up in sailor suits etc... I can just imagine Louis jumping on the table with excitement if he had Joe singing a George Micheal song!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lindy Lou

I think the fact that he has Cheryl as a mentor makes him less endearing to me. Whereas if Louis had him.......it would be brilliant. He'd completely tap into the camp gay thing with him and have him dress up in sailor suits etc... I can just imagine Louis jumping on the table with excitement if he had Joe singing a George Micheal song!
    Totally agree

Shes not seeing the big picture with Joe at all. A tighter haircut, a la Shane Ward would really suit him too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Lindy Lou wrote: »
    Totally agree

Shes not seeing the big picture with Joe at all. A tighter haircut, a la Shane Ward would really suit him too ;)

Speaking of Shayne Ward any chance he might be on a results show seeing as Leona and Alexandra and JLS are and Louis is his manager - has he any new material last i heard he was working with Taio Cruz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I said to my wife on Sunday after the results show: "Wait till you see, Simon Cowell won't waste any time in making PR spin."
    ...The very next day I was shown to be right.

Cowell had his puppet come out a do a PR shoot with Stacey, a girl its known he had been intimidating.
    Yesterday the X Factor rocked by another bullying row after it was claimed teacher Danyl, 27, turned rival Stacey into a sobbing wreck.

Danyl has allegedly been reading out single mother Stacey stories published about her sex life and branding her a bad mother, against her will.
    The claim comes after a week which saw talented singer Danyl's popularity dramatically tumble, after he ended up in the bottom two on last weekend's show, while Stacey's popularity soars.
    A source said Stacey, 20, is already 'in bits' at being separated from her 18-month-old son Zach.
    And she has been stung by the hurtful stories that she is a bad mother for leaving her son at home.
    'All she wants to do is focus on the contest and provide a better life for her kid.

'Danyl has just ignored her wishes and he can’t help blabbing when he sees an article about her in the paper. It upsets her and can put her off her performance.'
    This is the second time Danyl, 27, has been caught up in a bullying row and will raise more questions over whether this is the reason for his fading popularity in the show.
    Two weeks ago girl band Kandy Rain revealed that he had been taunting them. Mentor Louis Walsh, 57, who has branded the talented singer a bully said: 'The girls rang me crying.
    'Danyl was slagging them off, telling them they were never going to win. He really bullied them. Danyl is vile.' Kandy Rain were voted off in the first week.

Are the smiles real or false? Judge for yourself...

2ey9seb.jpg

News story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1223311/X-Factor-finalists-Danyl-Johnson-Stacey-Solomon-laugh-bullying-row-smile-cameras.html

Meanwhile the twins support is rocketing!
    See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1223362/X-Factor-John-Edward-mania-knows-bounds-Dublin-brothers-besieged-fans.html

People are backlashing a bit I suspect against Cowell and his favourite puppet!
    ...and rightly so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

What the hell is Louis wearing on his head!!! He reminds me of someone can't put my finger on it....................

article-1223362-06F5012E000005DC-6_306x468.jpg

Btw what a cheesy grin on Danyl !!! Like when you're a kid at a birthday party and you're told to smile CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Btw what a cheesy grin on Danyl !!! Like when you're a kid at a birthday party and you're told to smile CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, Stacey's smile also says "being held at gunpoint by Simon Cowell."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fxmx

Danyl is sooooooo annoying, good singer absolute prat would have loved to see him go!!!

Love Joe!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Just saw that somebody put up a "Remove Danyl Johnson Bully" petition. Interesting!

http://www.petitiononline.com/da776188/petition.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Danyl is quite a good singer but does the same thing each week. Holds out his final note for an eternity whilst we see the inside of his mouth and it ain't pretty :D

John & Edward all the way :D

Not that i like spoilers but any rumours on who'll be singing what on Saturday??? Will be really interesting to see what some sing on Rock week!!!

From the xtra factor Danyl was practicing we will rock you.Surely that isn't a 'big' enough song for him as alot of it is chanted almost shouted! It would actually suit the twins more! Of course that footage was B4 he finished in the bottom 2 so im expecting something a bit more rock ballady epic finish 2 it(as some posters will say as always with Danyl !!!)

Who'll sing Bon Jovi songs? Who's gonna murder livin on a prayer! Good chance Lucie will sing Bed of Roses? Cannot wait to see what the twins come out with! But they've had 3 weeks of fame and now a 4th appearance but the joke has to end this week! That said if it was them and Lloyd in the bottom 2 id rather see Lloyd go as at least the twins look like they're giving it 110% if nothing else!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Watch this on youtube and when it's about 1:45 minutes watch for the cringing moment where he does his cabaret piece. It almost made me sick. The girl in the audience is saying wtf!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhhKzRGz1Q

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

There was a far better standard of talent on last year's X Factor. This year, the only really talented singers are Joe, Stacy, Danyl and Lucie, and Danyl isn't likeable (whereas the other three generally are - I always laugh when Stacy talks). John and Edward aren't talented, but they put a lot of work into their performance - they always put on a great show. They know how bad they look, they know how Simon feels, but they don't give a damn they just do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

What the hell is Louis wearing on his head!!! He reminds me of someone can't put my finger on it....................

This must be who you are thinking of :D :

47DB5407-E5F9-B6C8-ED6A57CB325EA94A.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Not that i like spoilers but any rumours on who'll be singing what on Saturday??? Will be really interesting to see what some sing on Rock week!!!

From the xtra factor Danyl was practicing we will rock you.Surely that isn't a 'big' enough song for him as alot of it is chanted almost shouted! It would actually suit the twins more! Of course that footage was B4 he finished in the bottom 2 so im expecting something a bit more rock ballady epic finish 2 it(as some posters will say as always with Danyl !!!)

Who'll sing Bon Jovi songs? Who's gonna murder livin on a prayer! Good chance Lucie will sing Bed of Roses?annot wait to see what the twins come out with! But they've had 3 weeks of fame and now a 4th appearance but the joke has to end this week! That said if it was them and Lloyd in the bottom 2 id rather see Lloyd go as at least the twins look like they're giving it 110% if nothing else!!!
    I have a feeling in my waters that she'll sing Black Velvet, am probably wrong though...

Not bad likeness!!! But was thinkin more of a artful dodger or a pick pocket from the 1800's !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mass

Yes, Bin the twins ! http://www.binthetwins.com
    grimesagainsthumanity.jpg
    I love the footnote.. Grimes against humanity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That is just stupid, they're two 18 year olds on a reality show!

I don't understand all the hate

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

phasers wrote: »
    That is just stupid, they're two 18 year olds on a reality show!

I don't understand all the hate

+1. The Sun's campaign against them is absolutely pathetic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I don't understand why theres three pics of John and two of Edward. Why does John need three, why do the haters hate him more?? And seeing as few fans can tell them apart how did the haters manage to, to put JOhn in three bins?? :confused::confused:

I so hope they go thorugh, I need them to get far in the competition. I think the rateings would go down without them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Rumoured songs for tomorrow night
    http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25399&PID=350892#350892
    Lucie Jones doing Guns’n’Roses’ Sweet Child O’Mine

Stacey Solomon doing Keane hit Somewhere Only We Know

Olly Murs doing The Beatles’ Come Together.

Danyl Johnson is said to be undecided between Aerosmith’s I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing and a rock version of Careless Whisper performed by Seether

Lloyd Daniels is hoping to shed his innocent image by belting out Katy Perry’s I Kissed A Girl.

John and Edward doing Queen's We will rock you

I'm guessing Lloyd's one is a red herring....I hope not though :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement